Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Cut away all the Window Dressing, and there are only Two Religions in this World.....the Cain religion where people offer up their works to try to be “ Worthy” Of Salvation or the Abel Religion where people put their Faith in the Shed Blood Of an Innocent One to become “ MADE” Worthy Of Salvation.....The former will damn you and the latter will save you.....the actual details and the endless forms that the Cain Way entails makes no difference....the results are always the same....
That is news to me. There is no mention of a Cain or abel religion in the scripture. Dis Abel die for your sins? What kind od gospel believer are you? You are presenting something that is not written in the scripture. You should cut the Cain and Abel window dressing

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is news to me. There is no mention of a Cain or abel religion in the scripture. Dis Abel die for your sins? What kind od gospel believer are you? You are presenting something that is not written in the scripture. You should cut the Cain and Abel window dressing

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you, Saint?

Get you a Dictionary and look up the word, “ Allegory”......

You behave as if Ignorance were a virtue.....for your own sake , you should really stay out of public forums....You embarrass yourself and don’t even realize it....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholism is an amalgam of some apostolic doctrine mixed with paganism. I put gnosticism in the pagan religion category. Gnostic ideas are part of catholic doctrine. Mary perpetual virginity
as an example. Sex is filthy in catholic teaching, this is why Mary mother of God would never engage in it. Mary raised to diety.
Hebrews 13:4,
-Marriage is honorable among all and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

Gods word teaches the exact opposite,
Matthew 1:25,
-and did not know her(intercourse) till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.

Catholics could have very well been on Gods mind when the Spirit revealed,
Colossians 2:16,
-So let no one judge you in food or drink or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths.

This are Jewish traditions but they are not the only religion that practise and bind such things.
EVERY time I think you’ve mad eth MOST stupid claim in one of your posts – you OUTDO yourself.

Your asinine remark that Catholics see sex as “filthy” would completely contradicts the fact that MOST large families throughout history were CATHOLIC.
- Catholic teaching elevates marriage to a Sacred SACRAMENT, whereas MOST Protestant factions don’t.
- Catholic marriage is considered indissoluble – whereas, MOST Protestant factions allow divorce and remarriage.
Your stupid claim also ignores the fact that the Catholic Church has been at the FOREFRONT of the Pro-Life Movement.
What an idiotic claim . . .

As for your moronic reference to Matt. 1:25 as some sort of “proof” against Mary’s Perpetual Virginity – you obviously don’t know your Bible.
Allow me to educate you . . .
-and did not know her(intercourse) TILL she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.
Did Mary have other children after Jesus? The Bible does NOT support this idea. Let’s see what the Scriptures say about the use of the word, “until”.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child until the day of her death.
Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?
Moses was buried by God in the valley of Moab after his death.

Deut. 34:6 explicitly states: And he buried him in the valley of the land of Moab over against Phogor: and no man hath known of his sepulchre UNTIL this present day.
Sooooo – did they find his grave after this??

Let’s also examine Acts 2:34-35 (also see Psalm 110:1, Matt 22:44): For David did not go up into heaven, but he himself said: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool."'
“UNTIL” does NOT necessarily mean that something happened AFTERward, Einstein.

Finally – your reference to Colossians 2:16 has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Gnostic practice against food and drink – NOR dies if have anything to do with the Catholic discipline of abstaining from meat on Fridays. It has to do with the fact that Jesus fulfilled the Jewish types and practices listed in thus verse.

Your Biblical ignorance never ceases to amaze me . . .

Reactions: Marymog

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you, Saint?
You didn't even make it to the drawer.
Get you a Dictionary and look up the word, “ Allegory”......
This is not a place to make allegories for others to interpret. You ought to be speaking plainly.
You behave as if Ignorance were a virtue.....
You behave as if a gospel believer is one who writes rubbish and spews ad homs when they are exposed.
for your own sake , you should really stay out of public forums....
For your own sake, you should write plainly and make it make sense
You embarrass yourself and don’t even realize it....
I am not embarrassed, in fact, you are since you are attacking me personally to defend the rubbish you wrote. Why are you not explaining the nonsense that you wrote?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholism is an amalgam of some apostolic doctrine mixed with paganism. I put gnosticism in the pagan religion category. Gnostic ideas are part of catholic doctrine. Mary perpetual virginity
as an example. Sex is filthy in catholic teaching, this is why Mary mother of God would never engage in it. Mary raised to diety.
Hebrews 13:4,
-Marriage is honorable among all and the bed undefiled; but fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

Gods word teaches the exact opposite,
-and did not know her(intercourse) till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.

Catholics could have very well been on Gods mind when the Spirit revealed,
Colossians 2:16,
-So let no one judge you in food or drink or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths.

This are Jewish traditions but they are not the only religion that practise and bind such things.
Lol...REALLY???

Sex is filthy in Catholic teaching????

Can you show me what page that falls in the Catechism of The Church?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not have to be written. Oral traditions
Why did Mary never have sex with Joseph.
She did but Catholics teach she would not. Explain
Hmmm.....so you are equating the teaching of The Church that Mary did not have sex with Joseph as a "sex is filthy" teaching of The Church?

That makes no sense..............

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm.....so you are equating the teaching of The Church that Mary did not have sex with Joseph as a "sex is filthy" teaching of The Church?

That makes no sense..............
It sure doesn't. Why then do you teach it.
Explain why Mary would not engage in sexual intercourse the entire time she was married to her husband? Explain?
Also this is more false doctrine from the Catholics,
-and did not know her(sexual intercourse) till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure doesn't. Why then do you teach it.
Explain why Mary would not engage in sexual intercourse the entire time she was married to her husband? Explain?
Also this is more false doctrine from the Catholics,
-and did not know her(sexual intercourse) till she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.
Stick to the subject Titus.

Your allegation is that The Church teaches that sex is filthy. You have not provided any evidence of that ZERO, NONE, ZILCH. As a Catholic no one at no time from The Church has passed on an "oral tradition" to me or my parents (who were Catholic) or my grandparents (who were Catholic) that sex is filthy.

So, what more is there to discuss? What you have said is a flat out lie?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your allegation is that The Church teaches that sex is filthy. You have not provided any evidence of that ZERO, NONE, ZILCH. As a Catholic no one at no time from The Church has passed on an "oral tradition" to me or my parents (who were Catholic) or my grandparents (who were Catholic) that sex is filthy.

Sorry, but you are just one person. You do not know everything about your church.
I'm giving you proof. Tell me why Mary never had sex with Joseph? She did, Matthew 1:25.
When you answer that then tell me I'm ignorant.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

EVERY time I think you’ve mad eth MOST stupid claim in one of your posts – you OUTDO yourself.

Your asinine remark that Catholics see sex as “filthy” would completely contradicts the fact that MOST large families throughout history were CATHOLIC.
- Catholic teaching elevates marriage to a Sacred SACRAMENT, whereas MOST Protestant factions don’t.
- Catholic marriage is considered indissoluble – whereas, MOST Protestant factions allow divorce and remarriage.
Your stupid claim also ignores the fact that the Catholic Church has been at the FOREFRONT of the Pro-Life Movement.
What an idiotic claim . . .

As for your moronic reference to Matt. 1:25 as some sort of “proof” against Mary’s Perpetual Virginity – you obviously don’t know your Bible.
Allow me to educate you . . .
-and did not know her(intercourse) TILL she had brought forth her firstborn Son. And he called His name Jesus.
Did Mary have other children after Jesus? The Bible does NOT support this idea. Let’s see what the Scriptures say about the use of the word, “until”.

2 Samuel 6:23 tells us: Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child until the day of her death.
Are we to assume that Michal had children after she died?
Moses was buried by God in the valley of Moab after his death.

Deut. 34:6 explicitly states: And he buried him in the valley of the land of Moab over against Phogor: and no man hath known of his sepulchre UNTIL this present day.
Sooooo – did they find his grave after this??

Let’s also examine Acts 2:34-35 (also see Psalm 110:1, Matt 22:44): For David did not go up into heaven, but he himself said: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool."'
“UNTIL” does NOT necessarily mean that something happened AFTERward, Einstein.

Finally – your reference to Colossians 2:16 has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Gnostic practice against food and drink – NOR dies if have anything to do with the Catholic discipline of abstaining from meat on Fridays. It has to do with the fact that Jesus fulfilled the Jewish types and practices listed in thus verse.

Your Biblical ignorance never ceases to amaze me . . .
You're not a christian,
2Timothy 2:24-26,
-And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient in humility correcting those who are in opposition, If God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth.

James 1:26,
-if anyone among you thinks he is religious and does not bridle His tongue but deceives His own heart, this ones religion is useless.

I'm still waiting for you to explain why Mary never had sex with her husband? Perpetual virginity?
Explain why? Strange for a married women to refuse sexual relations with her own husband.
Give scripture for your answers

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said you were. You wrote the rubbish back it up with scripture.

I want you to show the rubbish that you wrote in the scripture.
The apostles hearing Jesus say "follow me", did. They followed Him.

Then those who followed those who followed Christ were called "Christians."​

That is the history. That is what happened. That is what is written. That is what I quoted the beginning of.​

And you--you call it "rubbish."--That's not Christian.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
The apostles hearing Jesus say "follow me", did. They followed Him.
But no mention of Christian.
Matthew 4:19
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Then those who followed those who followed Christ were called "Christians."​
No, they were not, at least not by Jesus or the other apostles. You are yet to show where Jesus called his disciples Christians. You are a shameless liar.
That is the history. That is what happened. That is what is written. That is what I quoted the beginning of.​
That is nonsense. It never happened and you cannot show it happening in the scripture. It is not written in the scripture either, what is written is the unbelieving people at Antioch called the believers Christians. Jesus never called his disciples Christians.
And you--you call it "rubbish."--That's not Christian.
It is rubbish and I am not a Christian because God did not call me to be a Christian.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still waiting for you to explain why Mary never had sex with her husband? Perpetual virginity?
Explain why? Strange for a married women to refuse sexual relations with her own husband.
Got it Titus. You want to change the subject. You don't want to admit you lied that The Church teaches that sex if filthy. Your silence on the matter is an admission of guilt. What happens when you violate the 9th Commandment?

What happens you violate Proverbs?

16 There are six things that the Lord hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
19 a false witness who breathes out lies,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

Proverbs 12: Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight.
Proverbs 19: A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish.

What happens you violate Psalm 101?
No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before my eyes.

What happens when you violate Colossians 3?
Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.

See how your accusation of @BreadOfLife not being a Christian because he talked mean to you can come back to haunt you? Embarrassing, isn't it? :doldrums: You should read Matthew 7:3–5 also Titus!!

Now, moving onto the NEW subject at hand: You want Scriptural support for Mary's perpetual virginity. I know you are not asking for the Scriptural support because you are curious what the bible says, or doesn't say, on the matter. You are not curious what The Church has taught for 2,000 years. You really don't want to learn your own Christian history. I also know that you have accepted the 500-year teaching of Protestant men. So why waste both of our time when you are going to reject everything I say?:IDK:

Scripture calls Mary a virgin and never says that she lost her virginity.
There is your Scriptural evidence that she was a perpetual virgin.

I know that you have read and accepted the writings of men from the Protestant Revolution (that divided and destroyed Christianity) that say Mary was a virgin BEFORE she married Joseph but after they were married she had other children which means she wasn't a virgin!

Since you accept the writings of men from 500 years ago that means you reject the writings of men from 1,900 years ago (The Protoevangelium of James) who lived closest to the time of Christ, the Apostles and Mary. But you know what Titus? Those men knew Scripture and lived in biblical times but they don't know what they are talking about. Do they Titus? But YOUR PROTESTANT MEN are smarter than "those men" now aren't they Titus?

:My2c:

Your Scriptural evidence that Mary wasn't a Virgin?

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not a christian,
2Timothy 2:24-26,
-And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient in humility correcting those who are in opposition, If God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth.

James 1:26,
-if anyone among you thinks he is religious and does not bridle His tongue but deceives His own heart, this ones religion is useless.

First if all - yoiur coment above in RED is against Forum Riles.
If it weren't - I would point out the reasons why YOU are not a Christian . . .

Secondly - your obsession with Mary's sex life is disturbing, I will give you a Bible Lesson on WHY she is a Perpetual Virgin - but you won't understand becaue you reject Biblical Type/Propecy.

ONE
of the OT Types that represents Mary is the Ark of the Covenant.
The Ark, which was blessed throughout, was NOT to be touched by man under penalty of DEATH (1 Chron.. 13:10)
The NEW Ark is also to be untouched and undefiled (Ezek. 44:2).

The Ark carried SYMBOLS of God’s power within it: Moses’s staff, a jar of Manna, the Tablets of the Law.
The NEW Ark (Mary) carries GOD Himself within her.
Below is more Biblical proof of this Type and Fulfillment:

OT -
The Tabernacle that housed the Ark was overshadowed by the cloud of glory of the Lord (Shekinah glory) filled the Tabernacle (2 Chron. 5:13-14).
NT - Mary was overshadowed by the power of the Most High (Luke 1:35).

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)
NT -
The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) who carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT -
"Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT -
The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT -
When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the Word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT -
The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom in the hill country of Judea for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God
goes to Elizabeth's house in the hill country of Judea for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT -
The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT -
Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT -
On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

God does NOT deal in mere “coincidences.”
He has a PLAN – which is comprised of Type and Fulfillment.

So, TRY to BIBLICALL-refute this.
Simple "denials" won't be accepted . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you are just one person. You do not know everything about your church.
I'm giving you proof. Tell me why Mary never had sex with Joseph? She did, Matthew 1:25.
When you answer that then tell me I'm ignorant.
Lol...... Since you couldn't provide WRITTEN evidence from The Church of your accusation (lie) you pivoted it to being an Oral Tradition of The Church. When I tell you that 3 generations of Catholics have never heard of this "Oral Tradition" you tell me that I don't know everything about my Church...... But YOU, a Protestant, knows of this Catholic Oral Tradition? But 3 generations of Catholics never heard of this Oral Tradition? :Ohpleze:You crack me up Titus. Chkl:You can't admit that you lied, can you?

Moving on to your "evidence" from Matthew 1:25. I know nothing I say is going to change what your Revolutionary Protestant men have taught you but just so we are both clear: The original Protestant's, Calvin and Luther, reject your "Mary was not a perpetual virgin" theory. The men you are reading/following rejected the teachings of Calvin and Luther and your men split from the Original Protestant Church after Calvin and Luther split from the Original Church. Can you see how far your men have fallen from the Original Church and it's teachings?

Scripture’s statement that Joseph “knew [Mary] not until she brought forth her firstborn” would not necessarily mean they did “know” each other after she brought forth Jesus. Until is often used in Scripture as part of an idiomatic expression Here are some biblical examples:

2 Samuel 6:23: And Michal the daughter of Saul had no child to (until) the day of her death. (Does this mean she had children after she died?)

1 Timothy 4:13: Until I come, attend to the public reading of scripture, to preaching, to teaching. (Does this mean Timothy should stop teaching after Paul comes?)

1 Corinthians 15:25: For he (Christ) must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. (Does this mean Christ’s reign will end? By no means! Luke 1:33 says, “he will reign over the house of Jacob forever and of his kingdom there shall be no end.”)

Some have argued that because Matthew 1:25 uses the Greek words heos hou for “until” whereas the texts I mentioned above from the New Testament use heos alone, there is a difference in meaning. The argument goes that Heos hou indicates the action of the first clause does not continue. Thus, Mary and Joseph “not having come together” would have ended after Jesus was born.

The problems with this theory begin with the fact that no available scholarship concurs with it. In fact, the evidence proves the contrary. Heos hou and heos are used interchangeably and have the same meaning. Acts 25:21 should suffice to clear up the matter: “But when Paul had appealed to be kept in custody for the decision of the emperor, I commanded him to be held until (Gk. heos hou) I could send him to Caesar.” Does this text mean that Paul would not be held in custody after he was “sent” to Caesar? Not according to the biblical record. He would be held in custody while in transit (see Acts 27:1) and after he arrived in Rome for a time (see Acts 29:16). The action of the main clause did not cease with heos hou.

Your welcome....Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.