Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can find just one other person ON THIS ENTIRE PLANET that doesn’t understand the simple analogy that was part of a sermon deliver to thousands that had absolutely NO PROBLEM “ getting it”, perhaps I will take the time to break it down fir you...until then, I have more important things to do—- like rotate my tires....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, your response has nothing to do with the OP... Why are there divisions in Christianity? Is Christ divided?
There are divisions due to MEN who taught docrtines contary to the sound doctrine .
MARK those who cause DIVISIONS contrary TO THE DOCTRINE YE have learned
and avoid them . HE DIDNT say OH JUST COME TOGETHER AND HUG EVERYONE NO MATTER THE DOCTRINES THEY MIGHT BELEIVE .
LEt no man woman or child ever follow the false all inclusive love unity lie from hell . I stand against false unity big TIME .
We better learn the BIBLE and stop heeding these clown in pulpits
who may as well work for burger king with all the whoppers they keep producing .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can find just one other person ON THIS ENTIRE PLANET that doesn’t understand the simple analogy that was part of a sermon deliver to thousands that had absolutely NO PROBLEM “ getting it”, perhaps I will take the time to break it down fir you...until then, I have more important things to do—- like rotate my tires....
To rotate a tire can be necesary at times .
I got one for ya ,
I had rather watch concrete cure while sitting buck naked on an ice cube of gas with a lit candel inside .
Eventually its gonna melt and a fire gonna be produced . STILL i had rather do that than listen to pope francis and his all incluive delusion .
Just making a point my friend . lets not visualize it . just understand i refuse to heed that pope or his men within the protestant realm
who do his bidding .

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
There are divisions due to MEN who taught docrtines contary to the sound doctrine .
and avoid them . HE DIDNT say OH JUST COME TOGETHER AND HUG EVERYONE NO MATTER THE DOCTRINES THEY MIGHT BELEIVE .
LEt no man woman or child ever follow the false all inclusive love unity lie from hell . I stand against false unity big TIME .
who may as well work for burger king with all the whoppers they keep producing .
Since there is division in Christianity it follows that Christianity is not of Christ

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
First if all - yoiur coment above in RED is against Forum Riles.
If it weren't - I would point out the reasons why YOU are not a Christian . . .

Secondly - your obsession with Mary's sex life is disturbing, I will give you a Bible Lesson on WHY she is a Perpetual Virgin - but you won't understand becaue you reject Biblical Type/Propecy.

ONE
of the OT Types that represents Mary is the Ark of the Covenant.
The Ark, which was blessed throughout, was NOT to be touched by man under penalty of DEATH (1 Chron.. 13:10)
The NEW Ark is also to be untouched and undefiled (Ezek. 44:2).

The Ark carried SYMBOLS of God’s power within it: Moses’s staff, a jar of Manna, the Tablets of the Law.
The NEW Ark (Mary) carries GOD Himself within her.
Below is more Biblical proof of this Type and Fulfillment:

OT -
The Tabernacle that housed the Ark was overshadowed by the cloud of glory of the Lord (Shekinah glory) filled the Tabernacle (2 Chron. 5:13-14).
NT - Mary was overshadowed by the power of the Most High (Luke 1:35).

OT - The Word was written by God on Tablets of Stone (Ex. 25:10) placed inside the Ark (Deut. 10:1)
NT -
The Word of God became Flesh (John 1) conceived inside Mary (Luke 2:38) who carried the Word of God.

OT - "Who am I that the Ark of my Lord should come to me?" (2 Sam. 6:9)
NT -
"Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?" (Luke 1:43)

OT -
The When the Ark carrying the Word of God returned “David was leaping and dancing before the Lord” (2 Sam. 6:14)
NT -
When Mary came into Elizabeth's presence carrying the Word of God, the baby “leaped for joy” in Elizabeth's womb (Luke 2:38)

OT -
The Ark carrying the Word of God is brought to the house of Obed-Edom in the hill country of Judea for 3 months, where it was a blessing. (2 Sam. 6:11)
NT - Mary (the new Ark) carrying the Word of God
goes to Elizabeth's house in the hill country of Judea for 3 months, where she is a blessing (Luke 1:56)

OT -
The Ark is captured (1 Sam 4:11) and brought to a foreign land and later returns (1 Sam 6:13)
NT -
Mary (the new Ark) is exiled to a foreign land (Egypt) and later returns (Matt. 2:14)

OT -
On the Day of the Dedication of the Temple which Solomon built, there were 120 priests present (2 Chron. 5:11). The Ark of the covenant was carried into the Temple (2 Chron. 5:7) and fire came down from Heaven to consume the burnt offering (2 Chron. 7:7).
NT - On the Day of Pentecost, there were 120 disciples of Jesus present in the Upper Room (Acts 1:15). Mary, the Mother of Jesus and the Ark of the NEW Covenant was also present while the Holy Spirit came down as tongues of fire (Acts 2:3).

God does NOT deal in mere “coincidences.”
He has a PLAN – which is comprised of Type and Fulfillment.

So, TRY to BIBLICALL-refute this.
Simple "denials" won't be accepted . . .
You showed nothing about perpetual virginity in your post...Just to be clear, where did Jesus pass to come into the world? You posted no evidence of a hymen regrowing in Mary.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You showed nothing about perpetual virginity in your post...Just to be clear, where did Jesus pass to come into the world? You posted no evidence of a hymen regrowing in Mary.
Your posts are becoming sicker and sicker as you desperately try to dodge the Type and Fulfillment of Mary's role.

I laid out a solid Scriptural argument for her Perpetual Virginity by proving to you that she is the fulfillment of the Ark of the Covenant. I asked for a SCRIPTURAL refutatuin - and all YOU can do is to talk about her genitalia.

EPIC FAIL.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seaking of which - I'll ake one wuthout onions, Mr. BK . . .

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since there is division in Christianity it follows that Christianity is not of Christ

The only thing that “Follows” the fact there are Divisions in Christianity is the Truth That even though the Inspiration for Christianity is Perfect ( seeing how He is God ) , His Followers Don’t always see things the same way (seeing how they are NOT God)......

Your “ logic” does not hold up—— we currently live in a land that is Deeply “ Divided”..... it was Still the United States Of America the last time I checked....

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No , rather it just shows that not all who call themselves christrain truly are .

Now, THAT is a Fact!...... And they will hear, “ Depart from Me, I Never knew you! “

They are the types that we often see in here.....Spiritual Descendants Of Cain who want to offer up to God on Judgement Day what “ They” did, as opposed to those of us that are the Spiritual Descendant Of Abel who only offer up their Faith in the Shed Blood Of an Innocent One, That “ ONE” of course, being Jesus—- the “ All Sufficient” Sacrifice for Sin , Slain since the Foundation Of the world.....

Reactions: amigo de christo

Gospel Believer

Aug 2, 2019
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many folks feel they need to hold on to beads when they pray ,
as for me i shall HOLD to CHRIST and pray to GOD .
As i said many folks sit under men who teach many whoppers .
....and you are fully aware of the “ Whopper” that gets my blood boiling—- the mere mention of the Satanic Invention Of Purgatory......That Fictional pretend land that lets the confused and misguided so- callee “ Believers” sleep better at night .....They are too poorly taught and Spiritually blind to see how it Spits on the Blood Of Jesus—— Don’t get me started......

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now, THAT is a Fact!...... And they will hear, “ Depart from Me, I Never knew you! “

They are the types that we often see in here.....Spiritual Descendants Of Cain who want to offer up to God on Judgement Day what “ They” did, as opposed to those of us that are the Spiritual Descendant Of Abel who only offer up their Faith in the Shed Blood Of an Innocent One, That “ ONE” of course, being Jesus—- the “ All Sufficient” Sacrifice for Sin , Slain since the Foundation Of the world.....
I shudder in fear for those who trod the gospel under foot and thought somehow doing some good was gonna save them .
Ever read job chapter seven verse twenty , or pslams fourteen , fifty three
or romans or etc . THERE IS NONE that IS RIGHTEOUS , none that doeth good .
That includes the jew as well as the gentile .
I have heard some who profess Christ actually say we cant know we are saved TILL that day .
NEWSFLASH , If ya dont know ye are saved soley by the grace of GOD given us in CHRIST
you aint saved . I mean what on earth is one trusting in to be saved , IF THEY cant trust in WHAT JESUS DID ,
a hint THEMSELVES . that wont bode well on the day of the LORD .
I say , if one wants to be saved , BETTER BELIEVE IN JESUS , cause HE ALONE is all ya need . THAT IS a fact .
But if one comes to a jesus who waves the rainbow flag or that accepts sins and calls evil good and good evil ,
WELL YOU ALREADY know that jesus aint JESUS and it aint gonna save them either . The devil can USE the name of JESUS
but beware , He will show you ANOTHER JESUS .
ONE can almost him satan say , DID GOD really say YE MUST believe in JESUS to be saved .
And then one says WELL YES GOD said we must believe in JESUS to be saved
and that if one rejects HIM they will be damned . THEN satans says , NAY , nAY , GOD IS LOVE
just have some love and do some good and ye shall be saved . HIMS A LIAR .
HIMS is the one who will lead one to another jesus which DENIES THE JESUS .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But no mention of Christian.
Matthew 4:19
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.

No, they were not, at least not by Jesus or the other apostles. You are yet to show where Jesus called his disciples Christians. You are a shameless liar.

That is nonsense. It never happened and you cannot show it happening in the scripture. It is not written in the scripture either, what is written is the unbelieving people at Antioch called the believers Christians. Jesus never called his disciples Christians.

It is rubbish and I am not a Christian because God did not call me to be a Christian.
And you--you are off the Christmas list.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Your posts are becoming sicker and sicker as you desperately try to dodge the Type and Fulfillment of Mary's role.
I haven't dodged anything...As a matter of fact you have not presented anything.
I laid out a solid Scriptural argument for her Perpetual Virginity by proving to you that she is the fulfillment of the Ark of the Covenant.
No you did not , you posted some verses that has nothing to do with Mary or her virginity
I asked for a SCRIPTURAL refutatuin - and all YOU can do is to talk about her genitalia.
You posted nothing about perpetual virginity...
EPIC FAIL.
By you...Where is the scripture that says Mary's hymen grows back every time she had intercourse?

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
The only thing that “Follows” the fact there are Divisions in Christianity is the Truth That even though the Inspiration for Christianity is Perfect ( seeing how He is God ) , His Followers Don’t always see things the same way (seeing how they are NOT God)......
You admit division in Christianity...
1 Corinthians 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

You are assuming that Jesus is God. Jesus has a God.
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God

You say his followers don't see things the same way...
1 Corinthians 1:10
Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Your “ logic” does not hold up—— we currently live in a land that is Deeply “ Divided”..... it was Still the United States Of America the last time I checked....
Oxymoron...You currently live in the divided states of the unites states of America.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't dodged anything...As a matter of fact you have not presented anything.

No you did not , you posted some verses that has nothing to do with Mary or her virginity

You posted nothing about perpetual virginity...

By you...Where is the scripture that says Mary's hymen grows back every time she had intercourse?

Thank you for that TEXT
BOOK
example of denial . . .
1670263322455.png
I gave you a rock-solid Scriptural argument for Mary’s Perpetual Virginity by showing you a few OT Types and NT Fulfillments pertaining to Mary. I’m NOT surprised by your reaction because I’ve never met the anti-Catholic who could Biblically-refute the particular example I gave with regards to The Ark of the Covenant and the Ark of the NEW Covenant (Mary).

Let me know when you're prepared to do that . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.