Where in the scripture is anyone called to be a Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you saying that you were not called to be a saint? I don't willfully sin, do you?
I guess you do, since you are a lifelong sinner...I suppose you didn't get the memo. Rom 6:
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

im not saved, and yes, i willfully sin. And yes, you do as well because everyone sins. The only difference between the saved and unsaved is the forgiveness of sins. You sin daily. We all do. To deny that, john said, is a sign that we arent saved.

Reactions: Lambano

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
I was happy to see another forum where the Word of God is the main focus but after I was registered and began to search through the website I was amazed to see Christians only forums. Christianity is an example of what Paul spoke against in 1 Cor 1
10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The thing that is called Christianity is not what the gospel is about. Christianity is a community of divided groups fighting against each other. Is Christ divided? Why is every Christian denomination teaching a different doctrine? According to the scripture, the thing that is called Christianity is not of Christ because Christianity promotes division.
It is amazing to see the lack of simple understanding being exercised by the leaders of these groups.
How can Christianity be teaching the truth when there are hundreds of sects that teach different doctrines? Each of them says that their denomination teaches the truth, so the others must be teaching falsely.

Like the question ,will just drop this.

I Corinthians 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Today there are many different denominations that act as if they have something that no one else has and they all claim the name of Jesus Christ. Yet we have only one Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Spirit of the Living God which is the Holy Spirit. God is absolute in his will and Word and His Word is not split into contradictions. What He states in one Book is exactly as He meant it will be constant throughout all His Word. Though there is only one Word, there are virtually thousands of splinter groups, and each of these groups hold one part of the Word over another.

As each of these groups promote their system over all the others, you and I as believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, must go directly to the Word of God for our direction. Many of those religious systems have been turned over to men and are following traditions that have replaced what God's Word teaches. As we study, we should have the proper tools for getting back into the true meanings of the Word of God, as the Prophets wrote it in the first place. Part of those tools are study guides such as the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance that is numbered to the Hebrew and Chaldee, and Greek Dictionaries, allowing us to take our King James version back into the original manuscripts for meanings.

Also very helpful is the "Companion Bible", which is intended to be a Companion to the Text; and on the whole is designed as the Companion to all of the Word of God. It is not a New Translation; nor is it an Amended Translation; nor is it a Commentary, but it is the Authorized Version of 1611 King James, which gives us in its Marginal Notes and the important readings from Dr. C. D. Ginsburg's "Massoretico-Critical Text". It also give us the highlights from other scholars, and the Revisers' of the Greek text. In its 198 Appendixes there are complete explanations of all matters dealing with the bringing of the Massorah text into the English which gives understanding to the English reader.

There are many other tools of study that can be obtained to help the Bible student gain understanding, such as Smith's Bible Teachers Dictionary, and so on, but it is up to you to spend the time to make sure that there is no division in your thought as to what our Lord had to say in His Word. When we ask for God's help, the Holy Spirit will direct us to the understanding of the truths. Become well founded from the Word of God, and learn to trust in His Word.

Your question is also why most all Christians will be deceived in these end times

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Yep, that's EXACTLY what they were saying. But perhaps those who follow Jesus understand this:

1234970a8515a2113d880b5818f27879--peter-otoole-scriptures.jpg
That passage does not mean to accept what they spoke about Jesus as a compliment... It means we rejoice in Christ even while we suffer.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So where in the scripture did God call you to be a Christian?
I am a saint...
1 Corinthians 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Jas 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
Jas 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
Jas 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jas 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
Jas 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
Jas 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jas 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Jas 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
Jas 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

What is the law of liberty?

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

It's time for COFFEE!!!

iu

Hugs
:D

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As it was preordained before the beginning of time. ;)
There are at least two answers.

1) We're all growing and learning at different rates...

13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ.14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming." Ephesians 4:13-14

And, 2) there are false, unsaved teachers among us dividing up the church with their doctrines and drawing men away unto themselves...

"18when they said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow after their own ungodly desires.”e 19These are the ones who cause divisions, who are worldly and devoid of the Spirit." Jude 1:18-19

"29I (Paul) know that after my departure, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30Even from your own number, men will rise up and distort the truth to draw away disciples after them. " Acts 20:29-30

And as far as being called 'Christian', I will never be ashamed of bearing that name. I do it proudly and unabashedly, no matter how badly it gets maligned:

"16But if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but glorify God that you bear that name." 1 Peter 4:16
I am really beginning to enjoy this forum, it is not like Facebook, nothing at all.
There are genuine believers here and we all are in different degrees of maturity and we are all in a race..
1Co_9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Heb_12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,...notice, the race is not a 100 meter sprint, it is a marathon.
We are all to work out our OWN salvation with fear and trembling since the demons believe, and they tremble.@Ziggy

Elsewhere it stands written ...Php_3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

2Ti_1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2Pe_1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

In the light of these scriptures we should not be ashamed to be recognized AS Christians by mere outward profession but...2Co_3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:mad:Ziggy

Blessings
Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am really beginning to enjoy this forum, it is not like Facebook, nothing at all.
There are genuine believers here and we all are in different degrees of maturity and we are all in a race..
1Co_9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

Heb_12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,...notice, the race is not a 100 meter sprint, it is a marathon.
We are all to work out our OWN salvation with fear and trembling since the demons believe, and they tremble.@Ziggy

Elsewhere it stands written ...Php_3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

2Ti_1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2Pe_1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

In the light of these scriptures we should not be ashamed to be recognized AS Christians by mere outward profession but...2Co_3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:mad:Ziggy

Blessings
Johann
@Ziggy

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
" :mad: ",

o_O What'd I say?
Lol!...no worries Ziggy, when I pressed "post reply" this emoji somehow crept in...you are bang on target with scripture references and I thoroughly enjoy having you at my side on this forum.
Blessings
J.

Reactions: Ziggy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today there are many different denominations that act as if they have something that no one else has and they all claim the name of Jesus Christ.
True, but it’s not just denominations. Individuals also. I look around. The Internet is a wonderful tool; it gives every Tom, Dick, and Harry a platform.

I watch. I want to see who is humble before God. And who shows love for their neighbors.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
True, but it’s not just denominations. Individuals also. I look around. The Internet is a wonderful tool; it gives every Tom, Dick, and Harry a platform.

I watch. I want to see who is humble before God. And who shows love for their neighbors.
Which brings this portion of scripture to mind...1 Johnn_4:1
n_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1) "Beloved, believe not every spirit " (Greek agapetoi) "beloved ones", an affectionate address to all ages of believers. (pisteuete) trust ye-(me) not. (Greek panti pneumati) (just) any or every spirit. John warns that some spirits should not (must not) be trusted. There are "seducing spirits", 1Ti_4:1.

2) "But try the spirits" (Alla) but, strong contrast - (Greek dokimozete) "test ye or prove ye," the spirits. Put the spirits on trial, on examination; Do they speak and cause men to act according to the revealed Word of God? If not they are to be rejected as emissaries, servants, agents of Satan. 1Ti_4:1-3; 2Ti_4:3-4; 2Co_11:13-15.

3) "Whether they are of God": Fallen, deranged, demon spirits - enemies of God, work through men - depraved men, to oppose God and Holiness. Note the maniac of Gadara, Mar_5:1-20; Mar_7:24-30, and deceptive miracle workers. Rev_16:13-14.

4) "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1) Our Lord warned of "false" or lying prophets. Mat_7:15-23; Matthew 2) Paul did, 2Co_11:13-15; Act_20:27-31; Acts 3) Peter did, 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_3:1-7. These false prophets have (Greek ekseleluthasin) "Gone out of their own accord -, or will". They were not (Greek stello) sent or authorized of the Lord.

There are two Greek terms which have the connotation of testing someone for a purpose.

1. Dokimazō, Dokimion, Dokimasia

This term is a metalurgist term for testing the genuineness of something (i.e., metaphorically someone) by fire (see Special Topic: Fire). The fire reveals the true metal and burns off (i.e., purifies) the dross. This physical process became a powerful idiom for God and/or Satan and/or humans testing others. This term is only used in a positive sense of testing with a view towards acceptance (see Special Topic: God Tests His People [OT]).

It is used in the NT of testing

a. oxen – Luke 14:19

b. ourselves – 1 Cor. 11:28

c. our faith – James. 1:3

d. even God – Heb. 3:9

The outcomes of these tests were assumed to be positive (cf. Rom. 2:18; 14:22; 16:10; 2 Cor. 10:18; 13:3,7; Phil. 2:27; 1 Pet. 1:7), therefore, the term conveys the idea of someone examined and approved

a. to be worthwhile

b. to be good

c. to be genuine

d. to be valuable

e. to be honored

2. Peirazō, Peirasmus

This term often has the connotation of examination for the purpose of fault finding or rejection. It is used in connection to Jesus' temptation in the wilderness.

a. It conveys the attempt to trap Jesus (cf. Matt. 4:1; 16:1; 19:3; 22:18, 35; Mark 1:13; Luke 4:2; Heb. 2:18).

b. This term (peirazōn) is used as a title for Satan in Matt. 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5 (i.e., "the tempter").

c. Usage

(1) It was used by Jesus warning humans not to test God (cf. Matt. 4:7; Luke 4:12, [or Christ cf. 1 Cor 10:9]).

(2) It also denotes the attempt to do something that has failed (cf. Heb.11:29).

(3) It is used in connection with the temptation and trials of believers (cf. 1 Cor. 7:5; 10:9, 13; Gal. 6:1; 1 Thess. 3:5; Heb. 2:18; James. 1:2, 13, 14; 1 Pet. 4:12; 2 Pet

Rom_12:2.

@Ziggy

Reactions: Ziggy and Lambano

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
im not saved, and yes, i willfully sin. And yes, you do as well because everyone sins.
Your bible must be missing pages... You claim not to be saved Paul says we are saved
Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

You say you wilfully sin Paul says if you wilfully sin there is no sacrifice for those sins
Romans 6:12
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Heb 10
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

The only difference between the saved and unsaved is the forgiveness of sins. You sin daily. We all do. To deny that, john said, is a sign that we arent saved.
No, the difference between the saved and unsaved is one is saved and the other is not saved...You said you are not saved...therefore your sins are not forgiven.
John never said what you are saying he said...
How can you tell me I sin daily? You can only speak for yourself

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Which brings this portion of scripture to mind...1 Johnn_4:1
n_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1) "Beloved, believe not every spirit " (Greek agapetoi) "beloved ones", an affectionate address to all ages of believers. (pisteuete) trust ye-(me) not. (Greek panti pneumati) (just) any or every spirit. John warns that some spirits should not (must not) be trusted. There are "seducing spirits", 1Ti_4:1.

2) "But try the spirits" (Alla) but, strong contrast - (Greek dokimozete) "test ye or prove ye," the spirits. Put the spirits on trial, on examination; Do they speak and cause men to act according to the revealed Word of God? If not they are to be rejected as emissaries, servants, agents of Satan. 1Ti_4:1-3; 2Ti_4:3-4; 2Co_11:13-15.

3) "Whether they are of God": Fallen, deranged, demon spirits - enemies of God, work through men - depraved men, to oppose God and Holiness. Note the maniac of Gadara, Mar_5:1-20; Mar_7:24-30, and deceptive miracle workers. Rev_16:13-14.

4) "Because many false prophets are gone out into the world." 1) Our Lord warned of "false" or lying prophets. Mat_7:15-23; Matthew 2) Paul did, 2Co_11:13-15; Act_20:27-31; Acts 3) Peter did, 2Pe_2:1-3; 2Pe_3:1-7. These false prophets have (Greek ekseleluthasin) "Gone out of their own accord -, or will". They were not (Greek stello) sent or authorized of the Lord.

There are two Greek terms which have the connotation of testing someone for a purpose.

1. Dokimazō, Dokimion, Dokimasia

This term is a metalurgist term for testing the genuineness of something (i.e., metaphorically someone) by fire (see Special Topic: Fire). The fire reveals the true metal and burns off (i.e., purifies) the dross. This physical process became a powerful idiom for God and/or Satan and/or humans testing others. This term is only used in a positive sense of testing with a view towards acceptance (see Special Topic: God Tests His People [OT]).

It is used in the NT of testing

a. oxen – Luke 14:19

b. ourselves – 1 Cor. 11:28

c. our faith – James. 1:3

d. even God – Heb. 3:9

The outcomes of these tests were assumed to be positive (cf. Rom. 2:18; 14:22; 16:10; 2 Cor. 10:18; 13:3,7; Phil. 2:27; 1 Pet. 1:7), therefore, the term conveys the idea of someone examined and approved

a. to be worthwhile

b. to be good

c. to be genuine

d. to be valuable

e. to be honored

2. Peirazō, Peirasmus

This term often has the connotation of examination for the purpose of fault finding or rejection. It is used in connection to Jesus' temptation in the wilderness.

a. It conveys the attempt to trap Jesus (cf. Matt. 4:1; 16:1; 19:3; 22:18, 35; Mark 1:13; Luke 4:2; Heb. 2:18).

b. This term (peirazōn) is used as a title for Satan in Matt. 4:3; 1 Thess. 3:5 (i.e., "the tempter").

c. Usage

(1) It was used by Jesus warning humans not to test God (cf. Matt. 4:7; Luke 4:12, [or Christ cf. 1 Cor 10:9]).

(2) It also denotes the attempt to do something that has failed (cf. Heb.11:29).

(3) It is used in connection with the temptation and trials of believers (cf. 1 Cor. 7:5; 10:9, 13; Gal. 6:1; 1 Thess. 3:5; Heb. 2:18; James. 1:2, 13, 14; 1 Pet. 4:12; 2 Pet

Rom_12:2.

@Ziggy
..so do be careful how we dokimazo..and not ekpeiradzo the pneumatoi...we are all here to honor and give glory to God

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Eph 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
Eph 3:15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
1Pe 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Pe 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Jas 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
Jas 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
Jas 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jas 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
Jas 2:5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
Jas 2:6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
Jas 2:7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
Jas 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
Jas 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Jas 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
Jas 2:12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
Jas 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

What is the law of liberty?

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

It's time for COFFEE!!!

iu

Hugs
:D
You have not answered my question...

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
im not saved, and yes, i willfully sin. And yes, you do as well because everyone sins. The only difference between the saved and unsaved is the forgiveness of sins. You sin daily. We all do. To deny that, john said, is a sign that we arent saved.
Lambano likes that you are not saved...Why is that?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lambano likes that you are not saved...Why is that?

I like that my friend is humble enough to admit before God and Men that he is a sinner and needs God's forgiveness.

That I have prayed over and over that @Lifelong_sinner would trust Jesus to save him, even if God NEVER heals his addiction to sin in this life, is no concern of yours.

Reactions: Lifelong_sinner

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
Are you insinuating that they complimented themselves for the Jews beating them? That passage does not say so...it says...they rejoiced that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name...
We give thanks for all things but we are not happy when men speak ill of Christ ...or beat us because we follow Christ...Since Christ died for them also, we ought not to be happy because of their ignorance.
Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your bible must be missing pages... You claim not to be saved Paul says we are saved
Ephesians 2:5
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

You say you wilfully sin Paul says if you wilfully sin there is no sacrifice for those sins
Romans 6:12
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Heb 10
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

No, the difference between the saved and unsaved is one is saved and the other is not saved...You said you are not saved...therefore your sins are not forgiven.
John never said what you are saying he said...
How can you tell me I sin daily? You can only speak for yourself
Lifelong_sinner said:
im not saved, and yes, i willfully sin. And yes, you do as well because everyone sins.
There is a difference between a sinner's habitual STATE in never ending sinning as opposed to the believers occasional ACTS of sins

Heb_10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

If we sin willfully (hekousiōs hamartanontōn hēmōn). Genitive absolute with the present active participle of hamartanō, circumstantial participle here in a conditional sense.
After that we have received (meta to labein). “After the receiving” (accusative case of the articular infinitive second aorist active of lambanō after meta).
Knowledge (epignōsin). “Full knowledge,” as in Heb_6:4.
There remaineth no more (ouketi apoleipetai). “No longer is there left behind” (present passive indicative as in Heb_4:9), for one has renounced the one and only sacrifice for sin that does or can remove sin (10:1-18).

Rom_6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Gal_2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Gal_5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Gal_6:14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

Col_1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
I do pray that you will repent and believe on the name of Christ Jesus

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Saint of God

Mar 31, 2022
Sangre Grande
Faith
Other Faith
Country
Trinidad And Tobago
I like that my friend is humble enough to admit before God and Men that he is a sinner and needs God's forgiveness.
Your friend is not humble but simply ignorant of the scripture...You seem to like that...
That I have prayed over and over that @Lifelong_sinner would trust Jesus to save him, even if God NEVER heals his addiction to sin in this life, is no concern of yours.
If you had prayed that he be saved then you would not have liked that he said he is not saved...and why would God not heal his addiction to sin? And why would that not be my concern?
1Tim2:
1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.