Where Is Heaven? Outer Space?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I know that, so what happened to them? Floating around in space? Some supernatural placement in heaven while still alive or what?
To understand anything of that which is physical and spiritual at the same time, one must understand why the Father requires the shedding of blood for the remission (removal) of sins, for both us and Himself.
Clue: if you are born again of His Holy Spirit, it is now partially happening to us, but in the reverse. We are made to be partakers of the divine nature.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fact that you had no comment to my first quote, it is evident that you agree with it.
strange deduction!
As to your question, you should know that neither Enoch or Elijah had any previous existence of any kind with God the Father, before the world was.

However, for God the Father to honor Jesus with the Father's ownself, it is readily apparent by His words, that Jesus did have a prior existence with the Father, BEFORE the world was.
this does not answer the question of what 'glorify' means

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
strange deduction!

strange deduction!

Still, you have not raised an argument about John 3:13, so I can assume that you agree. There is nothing strange about it.

I answered your question about "glorify".
You must've missed it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
strange deduction!

strange deduction!

Still, you have not raised an argument about the fact that no man ascended into Heaven before Jesus did. So I can assume that you agree. There is nothing strange about it.

After His resurrection, Jesus was glorified (honored) by/with the Person of God the Father Himself.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Still, you have not raised an argument about the fact that no man ascended into Heaven before Jesus did. So I can assume that you agree. There is nothing strange about it.

After His resurrection, Jesus was glorified (honored) by/with the Person of God the Father Himself.
interesting! It appears you understand a no answer as agreement and that conclusion is not strange.
From my perspective I see you inverting...ie, calling white black and black white.
How is it possible to make any progress with denial of this nature?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting! It appears you understand a no answer as agreement and that conclusion is not strange.
From my perspective I see you inverting...ie, calling white black and black white.
How is it possible to make any progress with denial of this nature?
For white or black, I revert back to the issue at hand- "Enoch and Elijah ascended into Heaven before Jesus did."
According to John 3:13, is that statement about Enoch and Elijah, True or False?

Reactions: Faith1960

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heaven is just above the Firmament.

According to Enoch, there are multiple Heavens. One heaven is simply the sky above us.

The Heaven of God Almighty is above the Firmament.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch and Elijah were taken up to heaven, but where is heaven? Are they floating around in space somewhere? Is heaven in outer space or a different dimension?
Why haven’t any astronauts been able to see it?
I would guess that New Jerusalem is what we call heaven. That is the city of God. I assume it is, as some have said here, beyond our heavens. (the 'universe') There also could be trillions of other universe for all we know. Remember this one was a week's work for God who has always been around. In any case, this heavens we know is temporal. It is slated to pass away one day. Therefore when I hear some suggest it is in the universe here on some other worlds, or near Orion etc, that does not work. This universe is temporary, Heaven is eternal.

I think some also mentioned it is referred to as the third heaven. So, not the sky above or the universe, but beyond that. Gabriel came from there (the throne of God) in less time than it took Daniel to pray one day. So time and our temporary space are no obstacle to angels or God, or us when we go to be where He is! Nor is it any delay or problem when we come back to earth to rule. Nor, I believe, was it any problem for flood waters to come from the far side of the universe through the portals called the windows of heaven. (and possible some removed the same way after the flood).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enoch and Elijah were taken up to heaven, but where is heaven? Are they floating around in space somewhere? Is heaven in outer space or a different dimension?
Why haven’t any astronauts been able to see it?
I had a vision of God the Father and he was in the middle of the Universe and spoke to me from that distance. So I think heaven is in the middle of the Universe.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with @Enoch111 and @JMyrick, heaven is another dimension. Why do I say this? I am taking my cues from what Jesus said about it.

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

Here, it appears that heaven is unlike any other place in our reality, i.e. the laws of entropy do not apply. Everything in heaven lasts forever. No destructive force can touch anything there, and no thief can enter there in order to steal and rob.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but I was wondering if you had a vision about that as well, Devin.
No visions of hell. I once had a vision of Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother as white spirits. He was super intelligent and I could tell he was. And she appeared like a normal spirit. I was filled with the Holy Ghost and felt an incredible immense love and peace that lasted for hours. I interpreted Heavenly Mother as the virgin Mary since I had recently attended a Catholic church for he first time and my sins were forgeven me in the vision. Which is part of the Catholic service to Mary.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6-Figure1-1.png

Reactions: dev553344