Where is the New Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually. 1380 miles. LOL (And Outer Space begins at only 62 miles.)
Every conversion calculator will show 12000 furlongs = 1500 miles. You are off by a long shot.

Furlongs to Miles
(fur to mi)
Conversion

This converter provides conversion of furlongs to miles (fur to mi) and backwards.
Result: 1500 miles
Furlongs to Miles (fur to mi) Conversion

NASB Lexicon (Bible Hub)
fifteen hundred miles; σταδίων (stadiōn) 4712: a stadium (a Gr. measure of length), by impl. a racecourse

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If you have not yet gouged out an eye, or cut off an offending hand, would you, yourself say you must not believe in the word of God? Or perhaps you have taken an unruly son to the elders to be stoned to death as the Bible says to do in Deuteronomy?

Did you know that Charles C. Ryrie (one of the most entrenched Literalists who ever lived) said he did not believe the locusts in Revelation were actually bugs. He even theorized the mention of them may have represented helicopters or even UFO's.
ha ya, evabody gets spiritual on their own time huh

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12, 13...
Ah, "Home, Sweet Home."
5.-lsf.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and bbyrd009

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I used to believe in annihilation of all but the Beast, False Prophet, Satan and those who take the Mark of the Beast, because those are the only ones who Scripture mentions as being in eternal torment (I know--"argument from silence" is a poor argument). A supporting passage I used to think pertinent is that Jesus told us to "fear the one who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna".

But, then one day, I realized that who are not in the First Resurrection to life will be resurrected in the Second Resurrection at the Great White Throne Judgment. Those who are resurrected cannot die. (Luke 20:36) Therefore, eternal punishment--eternal destruction of body and soul. Mortal death carries some period of suffering but it is trivial compared to the unending suffering of eternal destruction.
You're right; I don't see annihilation in Scripture, either.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what we claim as "justice' in eternal torment because it is God who is doing it. What dictators couldn't even hope to accomplish in the wildest dreams, God is seen as doing so to satisfy , no, it cannot satisfy anything if it never ends. Not even justice. So it comes down to God doing it for what? If it never satisfies justice, what does it accomplish?

Hi brakelite,

No need to apologize! But what if God did in fact create man to exist on into the future? Do I understand everything He does? what if there actually is a justice that this satisfies? Do I understand everything about sin and the justice it requires?

What if God actually was casting people into a Lake of Fire within which they would suffer forever? Would you say God was unjust? I can't imagine you would!

I think it comes down to our understanding of justice and fairness and what we do and don't deserve. But I can't hold my ideas above God's. And for myself, as I study this matter, I find that the same language that defines the eternal life of the redeemed is the same language that is used for the eternal torment of the condemned.

So if we look at the passages of the sufferings of the condemned as meaning it actually ends, then in all fairness we'd have to say the same of our own eternal life with God.

Now . . . If we are alive forever, made by God that way . . . in this world we are dead without Him yet still receive from His goodness, sun, rain, good crops for all! But after the judgment, even that will be taken from the condemned. Dead in life not knowing Him, and dead in death, cast away from Him.

But it may be that the suffering puts a stop to sin.

Anyway, I understand your view, and to be honest, there are times I wish I believed that. But I take that to mean that there are things I don't yet understand.

But what I read in the Bible just won't allow it, not for me.

Much love!
mark

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mmm so you say. But like I said in my post which you quoted, although people claim that death is eternal separation they don't explain... Cannot explain, where the scriptures actually say that, not explain how any separation from the only source of life cannot result in death? Real death. Not the imaginary version that you say actually means eternal life. Why is it that Christians can be so confused that in order to substantiate their argument they have to make life and death mean the same thing? How is it that language at its most basic form becomes meaningless when people want to support that which plain language contradicts?
What is spiritual death?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A cube now, Jesus. We sure love our cubes, huh?
Anything to avoid the tetragram I guess
Now that was deep, a word often found in the OT which people often avoid.

Tesseract.

:D

That was also deep and needed google to explain what you were hinting at. A cube containing great powers. Seems like you read a lot of comic books as a child.

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross

I never knew about the Marvel cube thing until recently.

"A Wrinkle in Time" predated those.

Never really got into comic books.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always figured the New Jerusalem would be about like the moon place into an egg-cuber.