Where is the New Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No", not for the "Literalists" among us. They are looking for structures made from the stones and minerals of the Earth.. and even from the gastric deposits of oysters.
That’s funny you were posting that wile I was thinking it. You just Jedi mind tricked me

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly, our true desire for all of those things is really little more than their monetary value. To me, clouds, a baby, a puppy, or a sunset... even a tree, are much more beautiful than a hunk of gold.
I honestly do find it odd that the Bible often plays directly to our desire to have riches... or for getting even with our enemies... or being elevated to the positions of rulers over others, etc, et al.

Last edited:

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glade that the US embassy has been moved to Jerusalem where the Palestinians can converse directly with the Americans far, far away from the Zion city called tel aviv !!

:)-

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We grow up with the concept of "cities" so we don't think about it any, but a city is at best a blight on the landscape, a scab basically--more like an open wound I guess--that is not sustainable and must be maintained, as we are learning now with our 100+ year old infrastructure.

Anyway the point is we have like stars in our eyes where cities are concerned, and easily read of a literal place @ New Jerusalem that comports with our desire for Death More Abundantly, we allow our scribes to write "miles" and "squares" and etc and we read that bc that is what we seek I guess
Man's cities, I'd agree, but God could do something different, better, eternal. Not like our kinds of cities.

Myself, I'm not concerned over whether it is this or that. But I believe the Bible tells me things, and when I read "measure", I think "sum". In this case, distance.

I think the reality is going to be something surprising to us all.

Much love!
Mark

PS . . . what do you mean when you say "desire for death more abundantly"?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I think the reality is going to be something surprising to us all.
the Tetragram usually is, yeh
PS . . . what do you mean when you say "desire for death more abundantly"?
um, the turning of Eternal into Immortal, imagining that you might attain a place called heaven after you have died, etc. google "Mithraism and Christianity" for more

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I honestly do find it odd that the Bible often plays directly to our desire to have riches... or even for getting even with our enemies... or being elevated to the positions of rulers over others, etc, et al.

Isn't that very interesting indeed!

God puts several things in Scripture that hold out rewards and treasures and glory. All things we want. But perhaps we don't trust those desires. We've seen the flesh pervert them in it's lusts for other things. Wealth meant for others. Glory gained in vain. Rewards from other men, but not God.

But we mustn't throw the baby with the bath.

2 Corinthians 5 rightly says that we don't want to put off our bodies and become disembodied, rather, that we want to be clothed upon with our eternal bodies, and that God made us this way. God gave us that desire. Why? Because He intends to fulfill it.

God gave us the desire for true riches, because that's what He wants for us. Jesus even commanded us to store our treasures in heaven, so we can have them for eternity.

2 Corinthians 4 teaches us to endure through the suffering knowing that even though we don't see it now, this suffering is building for us much more glory to come. And this appeals to our sense of compensation, but in reality God is simply describing His building process.

It is good that I was afflicted, for I have learned to keep Your law.

The affliction builds strengthens our spirit, and with an obedient heart we serve God. In serving God He then rewards us. His plan, not mine.

But I have to conclude that since God tells me to store treasure in heaven then He must want me rich there.

And if He tells me that afflictions bring glory, and says that if I'm wise I may shine like the sky, and tells me to work for the crown that doesn't fade, then He must want me to have glory.

And if He tells me to be careful with which I build, because the wrong things won't bring reward, it's because He wants me to have the good reward.

I believe Jesus wants these things for us, intends for us to have them, and makes this very clear to us so we can be on the same page.

Much love!
mark

Reactions: Willie T

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Tetragram usually is, yeh
um, the turning of Eternal into Immortal, imagining that you might attain a place called heaven after you have died, etc. google "Mithraism and Christianity" for more

So then what happens when a Christian dies?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But I believe the Bible tells me things, and when I read "measure", I think "sum". In this case, distance.
well most any logical thinker will I guess, you know how we are fooled by "stay here for the present" when we are little? Same joke i guess, works great

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I honestly do find it odd that the Bible often plays directly to our desire to have riches... or even for getting even with our enemies... or being elevated to the positions of rulers over others, etc, et al.
So what are you trying to say? Are you against the Bible?

B

brakelite

We grow up with the concept of "cities" so we don't think about it any, but a city is at best a blight on the landscape, a scab basically
God, in all His dealings with man, and with all His principles of ethics and morality, is if nothing else, consistent. As we read through the early OT, we can note that those marked as wicked were noted as builders of cities. Cain and Nimrod. Later Isaiah I think condemned the joining of "House to house". Yet here we have presented to us the largest city ever described, comprising precious metals and housing the throne room of the universe bringing the Capital of the universe to earth. Contradictory? No, never. Because the Bible tells us that the meek are to inherit the earth...Adam and Eve were presented with a garden. Babel was shut down that people would spread all over the earth. I think our accommodation in the New Jerusalem is only temporary. A place to stay when visiting on new moons and Sabbaths. Otherwise I think we will be making our own homes out in the wider world among the forests and beauty of the new creation.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God, in all His dealings with man, and with all His principles of ethics and morality, is if nothing else, consistent. As we read through the early OT, we can note that those marked as wicked were noted as builders of cities. Cain and Nimrod. Later Isaiah I think condemned the joining of "House to house". Yet here we have presented to us the largest city ever described, comprising precious metals and housing the throne room of the universe bringing the Capital of the universe to earth. Contradictory? No, never. Because the Bible tells us that the meek are to inherit the earth...Adam and Eve were presented with a garden. Babel was shut down that people would spread all over the earth. I think our accommodation in the New Jerusalem is only temporary. A place to stay when visiting on new moons and Sabbaths. Otherwise I think we will be making our own homes out in the wider world among the forests and beauty of the new creation.
pretty sure that last phrase is the NJ bl. Tetragram says it best I think? Which is I guess why it is occluded in English, and becomes "square"