Where is the New Jerusalem?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apart from the fate of the wicked,I agree. A literal City. The fire that comes down upon the wicked as they attempt to surround the city to take it over in a last ditch attempt at survival are all destroyed by the fire that comes down from heaven that engulfs the entire planet in an act of cleansing in preparation for the new earth that is recreated in our sight .
Our eternity will not be marred by the knowledge that under our feet are billions of lost people screaming constantly in despair and agony, cursing God and the redeemed and thus perpetuating sin for all eternity. It was never in the mind of God to perpetuate sin, it was to defeat it and free the universe of this rebellion forever.
Hi brakelite,

One thing I've thought about, it's not a happy thought, just the same, Peter wrote that he who has suffered has ceased from sin. My view is that a sufficient amount of suffering will occupy a person's attention to the point that it's all they can think about, and in so doing, prevents any further sin.

If this is the case, eternal torment in the Lake of Fire would make an end to sin.

I like your description of the slagging of planet earth.

Much love!
Mark

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
try not to be disappointed when you don't go to heaven after you have literally died.
No one has ever gone up to heaven but He Who came down from it

Whether it is instant or after a period of soul sleep I won't care, or be worried whether it is in the sky, on a new earth or the new heaven etc etc I will be in heaven.

Reactions: Willie T

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, none of that will matter to you... you will be entombed within that cube forever.

Whate a horrible fate. A continent size city full of mansions, one belonging to me, at least 32 billion in total.

God and Christ with me, the street of gold in a City built of precious stones.

Entombed means sealed in. How are you sealed into a city with 12 gates that never close?

You are not sounding biblical or Christian here at all. Why?

You have taken a lot of very liberal stances elsewhere.

So what is it you're not sharing with us?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi brakelite,

One thing I've thought about, it's not a happy thought, just the same, Peter wrote that he who has suffered has ceased from sin. My view is that a sufficient amount of suffering will occupy a person's attention to the point that it's all they can think about, and in so doing, prevents any further sin.

If this is the case, eternal torment in the Lake of Fire would make an end to sin.

I like your description of the slagging of planet earth.

Much love!
Mark

Eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire does not put an end to sin. They are still same people they were on the earth and still rejecting God.

As for the slagging of the earth, the Greek means God will end molecular forces holding atoms together and everything will fly releasing tremendous amounts of energy as fire.

Then he will remold the atoms into the new earth and heaven.

A basic return to the state of Genesis 1:1.

From Adam to the end of the earth there is never a time when humans didn't live on it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whate a horrible fate. A continent size city full of mansions, one belonging to me, at least 32 billion in total.

God and Christ with me, the street of gold in a City built of precious stones.

Entombed means sealed in. How are you sealed into a city with 12 gates that never close?

You are not sounding biblical or Christian here at all. Why?

You have taken a lot of very liberal stances elsewhere.

So what is it you're not sharing with us?
I don’t believe it’s an actual building, just as the church is not an actual building. It’s walls are salvation,and it’s gates made of praise

Reactions: Willie T

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, none of that will matter to you... you will be entombed within that cube forever.

Do you think of yourself being "entombed" in your house? No one said that the inhabitants of the New Jerusalem would be unable to visit other places--maybe even other planets?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
*[[Rev 7:15]] KJV* Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.

The Israelite priests served God day and night in His Temple, but that doesn't mean that they didn't have a life outside of their Temple duties. The father of John the Baptist was a priest but he had a wife and children. You have also taken note of the Millennial Kingdom, which precedes the Eternal state of New Jerusalem (New Jerusalem does not come down out of heaven till the Millennial Kingdom is over). The New Jerusalem contains no Temple.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
believe it or not the rate of expansion has exceeded the speed required for every stars light to illuminate everywhere, and a day is postulated in which the universe will be lit! Dunno how true it is, should be searchable tho
the impression I got from reading the theory was of a light bulb coming on, fascinating if true

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you think of yourself being "entombed" in your house? No one said that the inhabitants of the New Jerusalem would be unable to visit other places--maybe even other planets?
Can you give an explanation as to why you are going to need a structure to live in?

And "No" I do not see myself "entombed" in anything. (You may notice that I did not include myself in that post.) I do not, in any way, shape, or form think "The New Jerusalem" is a structural city of any kind. I think it is us, God's church...… and just as I do not see the Book of Revelation as a fortune cookie tale of the future, I see the New Jerusalem already existing, just as I believe it has from the day Jesus established His kingdom here on Earth 2,000 years ago.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Can you give an explanation as to why you are going to need a structure to live in?

And "No" I do not see myself "entombed" in anything. (You may notice that I did not include myself in that post.) I do not, in any way, shape, or form think "The New Jerusalem" is a structural city of any kind. I think it is us, God's church...… and just as I do not see the Book of Revelation as a fortune cookie tale of the future, I see the New Jerusalem already existing, just as I believe it has from the day Jesus established His kingdom here on Earth 2,000 years ago.
this is what comes from believing we "have" a soul I guess

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011

If you don't agree with a literal enterpretation on this subject, you must either have a non-literal enterpretation or all this going on is Willie saying he doesn't believe the word of God.