Where is the reformation in the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm, first of all - in John 8, Jesus tells the PHARISEES - the Jewish LEADERS that their father is the devil - NOT the Jews in general.
Jesus was rebuking them after they challenged him.

As for the Muslims - they don't worship Satan. They worship the God of Abraham and Ishmael.
Are they misdirected? ABSOLUTELY - but they are NOT Satanists.

Your ignorance is astounding - and there's NO excuse for it . . .
That is the line they all tried to sell . They follow satan the muslims do .
ANd not a one of them , nor of the jews , nor anyone will be saved , unless they confess JESUS CHRIST by mouth
and believe from the heart that GOD rose Him from the dead .
The muslims are of the spirit of anti christ . Want bibllical proof .
THEY SAY GOD HAS NO SON . NOW Go read what JOHN says .
I totally refuse to follow the RCC and this all inclusive false social gospel and lie both it and the protestants now lead in ,
as well as even the other false religoins are uniting in it .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the line they all tried to sell . They follow satan the muslims do . ANd not a one of them , nor of the jews , nor anyone will be saved , unless they confess JESUS CHRIST by mouth
and believe from the heart that GOD rose Him from the dead .
The muslims are of the spirit of anti christ . Want bibllical proof .
THEY SAY GOD HAS NO SON . NOW Go read what JOHN says .
I totally refuse to follow the RCC and this all inclusive false social gospel and lie both it and the protestants now lead in ,
as well as even the other false religoins are uniting in it .
And there you go again, regurgitating your idiotic nonsense.

Muslims are NOT Satanists - not matter HOW many times you make this false claim. Did Moses profess that God had a Son? Is HE in Hell?

And the Catholic Church doesn't preach an "all inclusive false Gospel".

As I educated you earlier - the video YOU presented simply showed Pope Francis seeking peaceful dialogue between the world religions in place of the constant strife that has been caused by many in those religions.

YOU were simply blinded by your abject ignorance . . .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And there you go again, regurgitating your idiotic nonsense.

Muslims are NOT Satanists - not matter HOW many times you make this false claim. Did Moses profess that God had a Son? Is HE in Hell?

And the Catholic Church doesn't preach an "all inclusive false Gospel".

As I educated you earlier - the video YOU presented simply showed Pope Francis seeking peaceful dialogue between the world religions in place of the constant strife that has been caused by many in those religions.

YOU were simply blinded by your abject ignorance . . .
You evidently missed the point the pope was making . When he said all religoins are finding their way to GOD .
What a lie that one is . They are trying to establish a mindset. You just do not want to see that . cause it means
oops i am following the wrong one . But this is not just against the pope . I see more and more protestant leaders
trying to sneak this oprah wimphrey lie into their own churches . WE all do not serve the same God .
WE might all be created by the same GOD . But unless one comes to Christ , their father is the devil .
Even paul said we were all once part of that kingdom . THEY ARE . JESUS ONLY SAVES and to be saved ONE MUST
believe in HIM , confess HIM by mouth and beleive from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead .
Peroid . Good works without faith in Christ is death . Just as faith in JESUS , without works is dead .
And for years i lived the latter . OH i could profess JESUS , but my heart was far from him .
We need to get proleystizing Christ as the only means of salvation , BACK in all the churches that profess Christ .
All i hear today from more and more , however is rubbish of a false gospel and a false love and a false unity
that wont save one soul . If a buddist , athiest , mulsim or even jew , or any other
does not Believe in Christ they are doomed . The Father draws us to CHRIST , not to other religoins and just doing good works .
SO if one is doing good works , but a muslim , rest assured GOD is not leading them at all . The religoin is false
Good works without FAITH IN CHRIST wont save a soul .
As for the jews, they do have the torah , so they technically in Torah have the same GOD we do , only
as even paul would say , THEY AINT saved until they come to FAITH IN CHRIST .
Even a gentile like cornelius , worshipped the jewish GOD . And even HE had to hear words , THE GOSPEL that would save HIM .
NO faith in Christ is a roller coaster straight to hell . PEROID .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You evidently missed the point the pope was making . When he said all religoins are finding their way to GOD .
What a lie that one is . They are trying to establish a mindset. You just do not want to see that . cause it means
oops i am following the wrong one . But this is not just against the pope . I see more and more protestant leaders
trying to sneak this oprah wimphrey lie into their own churches . WE all do not serve the same God .
WE might all be created by the same GOD . But unless one comes to Christ , their father is the devil .
Even paul said we were all once part of that kingdom . THEY ARE . JESUS ONLY SAVES and to be saved ONE MUST
believe in HIM , confess HIM by mouth and beleive from the heart that GOD has rose HIM from the dead .
Peroid . Good works without faith in Christ is death . Just as faith in JESUS , without works is dead .
And for years i lived the latter . OH i could profess JESUS , but my heart was far from him .
We need to get proleystizing Christ as the only means of salvation , BACK in all the churches that profess Christ .
All i hear today from more and more , however is rubbish of a false gospel and a false love and a false unity
that wont save one soul . If a buddist , athiest , mulsim or even jew , or any other
does not Believe in Christ they are doomed . The Father draws us to CHRIST , not to other religoins and just doing good works .
SO if one is doing good works , but a muslim , rest assured GOD is not leading them at all . The religoin is false
Good works without FAITH IN CHRIST wont save a soul .
As for the jews, they do have the torah , so they technically in Torah have the same GOD we do , only
as even paul would say , THEY AINT saved until they come to FAITH IN CHRIST .
Even a gentile like cornelius , worshipped the jewish GOD . And even HE had to hear words , THE GOSPEL that would save HIM .
NO faith in Christ is a roller coaster straight to hell . PEROID .
You completely missed the point that Pope Francis was making - and now you can no longer claim ignorance.
I've explained it to you too many times now.

You have hardened your heart and REFUSE to understand what he said - and what Jesus said about LOVING your neighbor.
It's NOT about an "all inclusive Gospel" - but you already know that.

An NO - it's NOT about proselytizing - it's about preaching and sharing the Word with those who don't know. Being ready to give an answer (1 Pet. 3:15). Proselytizing does NO good if they don't understand - in the same way YOU don't understand.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now that is a sold out pope . Like we all worship the same God .
And do notice at the end its all about this LOVE stuff .
They are making us to be as one . Yeah . We all finding GOD in different ways . YEAH RIGHT .
JESUS . JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY unto the FATHER . All other ways are false .
On the day of Christ you can rest in this fact . HE wont be mad at me for standing for the one true gospel .
BUT what will he tell those who sold out to this we are one all inclusive lie . Depart from me .
The early church knew the real gospel . AND rest assured it was Christ centered and one had to BELEIVE in HIM to be saved .

"We are all children of God." The video and Pope Francis' implies that God accepts Buddhists and Muslims the same way he accepts Christians. But this is false.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"We are all children of God." The video and Pope Francis' implies that God accepts Buddhists and Muslims the same way he accepts Christians. But this is false.
You bring up a good point sister . I just remembered what paul also wrote .
When writing he wrote the children of the flesh , these are not the Children of GOD , but the children of the promise .
AKA . IN JESUS we become the children , sons and daughters of God . And paul was even writing this about jews who did not believe
in Christ . JESUS alone is our hope and as written well in romans chapter ten in order to be saved one must
believe from the heart that God has rose Him from the dead and confess him by mouth .
The true lambs are gonna stay glued to the orignal gospel . Now let all that has breath praise the glorious Lord .

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What video? You are reading an implication that isn't there. Jesus REDEEMED the whole human race, including Buddhists and Muslims, or John 3:16 is meaningless. It doesn't say, "...for God so loved only Christians..."

DECLARATION ON THE RELATION OF THE CHURCH TO NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS

The video and Pope Francis' implies that God accepts Buddhists and Muslims the same way he accepts Christians.

pope-thats-not-what-i-said-pn.jpg

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church is Catholic: (universal)

Jn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jn 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Matt 5:14
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Matt 13:38
The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

Matt 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Matt 28:18-20
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Mark 16:15-16
And he said to them, Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Jn 1:9
That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Jn 4:42
And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Jn 14:26
But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Jn 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Jn 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jn 10:36
Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world...

Jn 12:47

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world

Jn 16:12-13
I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them
now. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

2 cor 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us (the whole world) to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

World = Universal = Catholic
lets try again. Where does it say in the Bible that His church is the catholic church?

Reactions: Wrangler

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What video? You are reading an implication that isn't there. Jesus REDEEMED the whole human race, including Buddhists and Muslims, or John 3:16 is meaningless. It doesn't say, "...for God so loved only Christians..."

DECLARATION ON THE RELATION OF THE CHURCH TO NON-CHRISTIAN RELIGIONS

pope-thats-not-what-i-said-pn.jpg
Since you brought up John three sixteen , lets read all of it .
That who so ever BELIEVES IN HIM shall be saved ,
BELIEVES IN HIM .
And read the next verse , those who do not , are DAMNED .
Yall allow muslims and other religoins to feel saved in that religion .
Thus you allow false religoins to feel saved and deny the one true gospel
which says , Those who do believe are saved and those who do not are damned .
The muslims reject the Christ of the bible . They have invented another jesus . One who is not jesus .
Thus it wont save them . They mock the diety of Christ , they claim God has no son .
They even make their own prophet muhammed to be greater than Christ .
But you say they serve the same God we do .
IF JESUS even told the jews that believed not on HIM they were of their father satan ,
Believe me he gonna say it to anyone else who follows another jesus or some other gospel .

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets try again. Where does it say in the Bible that His church is the catholic church?

Since you brought up John three sixteen , lets read all of it .
That who so ever BELIEVES IN HIM shall be saved ,
BELIEVES IN HIM .
And read the next verse , those who do not , are DAMNED .

This series of posts gets us down to the brass tax. Jesus is THE gate keeper.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church doesn't teach this.
Protestant Baptism IS valid, as long as it is, as @Illuminator stated - correct form, the correct matter, and the correct intention.
Since you're sure this is true, show me the book, chapter, and verse(s) in the Bible where a self appointed minister that wasn't in God's Church performing a baptism that was approved by God, and i will happily agree with you that Protestant baptisms are valid. Take all the time you need, because i'm that sure you won't find it anywhere.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This series of posts gets us down to the brass tax. Jesus is THE gate keeper.
YES HE IS MY FRIEND . YES HE IS . The WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE and no man comes unto the Father but by Him .
So its also highly important that folks also know they are for sure following JESUS and not as paul would say some OTHER jesus .
TO know and understand That our path is in HIM and that indeed its HIM we truly know . WE better learn the biblical JESUS .
Cause as i am sure you already know , any other jesus wont be saving squat .
And many thereby which preach another jesus , another gospel .
Many . Thus let us learn well the one true gospel that saves and brings salvation .
And let us heed not the RC square or the R double C or any other faction for that matter .
The lives of souls are at stake . And many thereby which have entered into the broad way gospel . AND THAT IS NO GOSPEL .
No , its not gospel at all .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you're sure this is true, show me the book, chapter, and verse(s) in the Bible where a self appointed minister that wasn't in God's Church performing a baptism that was approved by God, and i will happily agree with you that Protestant baptisms are valid. Take all the time you need, because i'm that sure you won't find it anywhere.
That WHAT is true?
I told you that the Catholic Church does NOT teach what YOU espoused - and that is a fact . . .

"The Church does not judge about the mind and intention, in so far as it is something by its nature internal; but in so far as it is manifested externally she is bound to judge concerning it. A person who has correctly and seriously used the requisite matter and form to effect and confer a sacrament is presumed for that very reason to have intended to do (intendisse) what the Church does. On this principle rests the doctrine that a Sacrament is truly conferred by the ministry of one who is a heretic or unbaptized, provided the Catholic rite be employed." [Pope Leo XIII, 1896 - Apostolicae Curae 33; emphasis added]

Reactions: Illuminator

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - that's NOT what he "implies" at all.
That's what you WANT to hear.

The fact is that God loves ALL of them (John 3:16) and wills the salvation of ALL people - and that ALL come to a knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:3-4). It DOESN'T mean that he "accepts" all of their aberrant beliefs. The video of Pope Francis was a simple call for peaceful dialogue between the world religions to put an end to the hatred and strife between them and to celebrate their shared purposes.

ALL religions have stark contrasts - yet ALL have similar purposes (love, peace,, tranquility, etc.). Those are the things we share - and there is where we should find understanding with each other. Otherwise - HOW do you follow Christ's command to love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:31)?

THAT'S
what Pope Francis was saying.

Reactions: Illuminator