Where was the church at Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW’s are not biblical
There’s only one church it’s universal
Jn 10:16

Why the sudden attack on Jehovah's Witness organization? I'm not one of them.

I'm non-denominational, but I was raised in a mainstream Christian denomination.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There you have it sir, thank you for your honesty which truly sums it up. I worship and serve Jehovah exclusively as Jesus said Mat 4:10

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proclaiming the truth of the divinity Jesus Christ!

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Exodus 34:6
And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Matt 24:31 his angels
Jn 1:51 his angels
Jn 6:38 came down from heaven

Matt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

2:12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

They worshiped Jesus and only God can be worshiped!

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Only God have the commandments only God can change them!

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Only God has this power!

Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Only God!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Only God can be this!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1: 76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

Jn 1
Jn 20:28
Jn 8:58
Acts 20:28

The Father is God
Ephesians 4:6
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Psalm 68:5
Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

Malachi 2:10
Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us? Why then are we faithless to one another, profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Isaiah 63:16
For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O Lord, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 8:41
You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.”

1 Thessalonians 3:13
So that he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus.

Jesus is God
Isaiah 7:14
All right then, the Lord himself will give you the sign. Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel (which means 'God is with us').

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Matt. 4:7
Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the word was God.

John 1:3
ALL things were made by HIM (Jesus); and without him was not ANY thing made that was made.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.”

John 10:30
“I and the Father are one."

John 15:9
Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 5:3-4
Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to GOD.

2 Corinthians 4:4
...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Philippians 2:6
...Who [Jesus], being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Colossians 2:9
...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Hebrews 1:8
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Titus 2:13
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ

The Holy Spirit is God
John 14:16-18
And I will pray the Father, and He will give you *ANOTHER Helper, that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
*This word in Greek means, “another of the SAME kind.”

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord IS the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that JESUS CHRIST IS IN YOU?

John 14:23
Jesus replied: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him.

Acts 5:3-4
But Peter said, "Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? "While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to GOD."

Trinity
It wasn't dogmatically defined until later - but ABSOLUTELY taught in Scripture
(Gen. 1:26, Matt. 28:19, John 15:26, 1 Cor. 12:4-6, 2 Cor. 13:14, 1 John 5:7, Eph. 4:6, Psalm 68:5, Mal. 2:10, Isa. 63:16, 2 Cor. 1:3-4, John 3:16, John 8:41, 1 Thess. 3:13, Isa. 7:14, Isa. 9:6, John 1:1, John 1:3, John 8:58, John 10:30, John 15:9, John 20:28, Acts 5:3-4, 2 Cor. 4:4, Phil. 2:6, Col. 2:9, 1 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 1:8, Tit. 2:13, John 14:16-18, Luke 12:10, 2 Cor. 3:17, 2 Cor. 13:5, John 14:23, Acts 5:3-4)

Trinity

61 The mystery of the Most Holy Trinity is the central mystery of the Christian faith and of Christian life. God alone can make it known to us by revealing himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

262 The Incarnation of God's Son reveals that God is the eternal Father and that the Son is consubstantial with the Father, which means that, in the Father and with the Father the Son is one and the same God.

263 The mission of the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father in the name of the Son (Jn 14:26) and by the Son "from the Father" (Jn 15:26), reveals that, with them, the Spirit is one and the same God. "With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified" (Nicene Creed).

264 "The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father as the first principle and, by the eternal gift of this to the Son, from the communion of both the Father and the Son" (St. Augustine, De Trin. 15, 26, 47: PL 42, 1095).

265 By the grace of Baptism "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", we are called to share in the life of the Blessed Trinity, here on earth in the obscurity of faith, and after death in eternal light (cf. Paul VI, CPG § 9).

266 "Now this is the Catholic faith: We worship one God in the Trinity and the Trinity in unity, without either confusing the persons or dividing the substance; for the person of the Father is one, the Son's is another, the Holy Spirit's another; but the Godhead of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal" (Athanasian Creed: DS 75; ND 16).

267 Inseparable in what they are, the divine persons are also inseparable in what they do. But within the single divine operation each shows forth what is proper to him in the Trinity, especially in the divine missions of the Son's Incarnation and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know the early church was scattered all over Asia.
Some Greece and Turkey, Syria, Iraq...
This is the physical location of Babylon...
Which if you follow the rivers in Genesis chapter one... it's also the Garden of Eden.
Interesting..
Imagine a war in the heart of Eden... shock and awe even.... just saying.

Babylon is the most famous city from ancient Mesopotamia whose ruins lie in modern-day Iraq 59 miles (94 kilometres) southwest of Baghdad. The name is thought to derive from bav-il or bav-ilim which, in the Akkadian language of the time, meant 'Gate of God' or 'Gate of the Gods' and 'Babylon' coming from Greek..

You ever wonder where Nimrod built his Tower to the Gods?
I love archeology.. I wish I had had a chance to learn and participate in it.

The ancient city owes its fame (or infamy) to the many references the Bible makes to it; all of which are unfavourable. In the Book of Genesis, chapter 11, Babylon is featured in the story of The Tower of Babel and the Hebrews claimed the city was named for the confusion which ensued after God caused the people to begin speaking in different languages so they would not be able to complete their great tower to the heavens (the Hebrew word bavel means 'confusion').

Babylon also appears prominently in the biblical books of Daniel, Jeremiah, and Isaiah, among others, and, most notably, The Book of Revelation. It was these biblical references which sparked interest in Mesopotamian archaeology and the expedition by the German archaeologist Robert Koldewey who first excavated the ruins of Babylon in 1899 CE.

Outside of the sinful reputation given it by the Bible, the ancient city is known for its impressive walls and buildings, its reputation as a great seat of learning and culture, the formation of a code of law which pre-dates the Mosaic Law, and for the Hanging Gardens of Babylon which were man-made terraces of flora and fauna, watered by machinery, which were cited by ancient writers as one of the Seven Wonders of the World.

Babylon

Hugs

Definitely not Rome then. I agree.

There were believers on Christ Jesus in the literal city of Babylon, and that's who Peter was addressing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why the sudden attack on Jehovah's Witness organization? I'm not one of them.

I'm non-denominational, but I was raised in a mainstream Christian denomination.

cos it’s a heretical cult of arians

error must always be condemned
Two edged sword
To declare the truth and to condemn the error

there are no denominations, and you cannot find non-denominationalism in scripture only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 Jn 10:16

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
cos it’s a heretical cult of arians

error must always be condemned
Two edged sword
To declare the truth and to condemn the error

there are no denominations, and you cannot find non-denominationalism in scripture only the one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20 Jn 10:16

Well, just so you know, the Catholic Church DID NOT start with Apostle Peter, it was a much LATER creation by men.

The FIRST Christian Church in the western nations was in BRITAIN, and it was NOT catholic.

Furthermore, my ancestors from 15th century France were Huguenots, the first French Protestants who left the corrupt Catholic Church because of the stupid traditions of men that had taken it over! That Reformation in France, Germany, and England would give faithful Christians the 1611 King James Bible to study, while the Catholic Church PREVENTED its members from even reading God's Word (as still done in some Catholic dominated nations today, like Italy and Spain).

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, just so you know, the Catholic Church DID NOT start with Apostle Peter, it was a much LATER creation by men.

The FIRST Christian Church in the western nations was in BRITAIN, and it was NOT catholic.

Furthermore, my ancestors from 15th century France were Huguenots, the first French Protestants who left the corrupt Catholic Church because of the stupid traditions of men that had taken it over! That Reformation in France, Germany, and England would give faithful Christians the 1611 King James Bible to study, while the Catholic Church PREVENTED its members from even reading God's Word (as still done in some Catholic dominated nations today, like Italy and Spain).

what reality to base this on?

There is only one church founded by Christ on Peter period! Matt 16:18

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Matt 16:17-19

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

You can’t give the keys or authority or power to a confession!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Christ and His church are one. Acts 9:4 we must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Lk 24:27 Acts 2:42 Acts 8, eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 thee faith not read scripture and make you’re own faith!

Hebrews 13:17
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God always establishes order in obedience to hierarchical authority of fathers! Heb 13:17

Protestantism is a sin against the Christian virtue of obedience!
(Spiritual anarchy)

Romans 16:26
But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Jn 20:21-23 as the father sent me, so send I you. (The apostles)

All Protestantism can produce is confusion, anarchy, disobedience, spiritual blindness, pride, presumption, and arrogant rebellion!

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What stupid traditions of men?

the 5 Protestant dogmas? so called Solas?

Protestant doctrine is the doctrine of men, no so called reformer was an apostle or successors of the apostles Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:-21-23 eph 2:20
No authority from Christ
Only Christ builds His church Matt 16:18 only one true church Jn 10:16

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What stupid traditions of men?

the 5 Protestant dogmas? so called Solas?

Protestant doctrine is the doctrine of men, no so called reformer was an apostle or successors of the apostles Matt 16:18 18:18 Jn 20:-21-23 eph 2:20
No authority from Christ
Only Christ builds His church Matt 16:18 only one true church Jn 10:16

Not worth the time to even discuss it with someone so deceived. Go to your traditions of men. Gaze at all those pagan symbols instituted by the builders of your Catholic churches too!

We adhere to Apostle Paul's command too, to ONLY worship The Father through His Son. That means NO MARY WORSHIP like Catholics wrongly do!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Definitely not Rome then. I agree.

There were believers on Christ Jesus in the literal city of Babylon, and that's who Peter was addressing.
It is located in Baghdad, Iraq.
It wasn't known as Iraq at that time, but was under Roman rule.
All of Asia was subjected to Rome.
The United States isn't just Washington, DC.
It was the Kingdom of Rome, not the City.

Babylon was Rome before it was called Rome.
Iraq is the heart or the center of Babylon. geologically speaking.
If you follow the rivers which went forth from the "garden" and split into 4 heads..
the "Garden" or "Paradise" is located in Iraq.

I went a journey one day with Abraham from the country of Ur from which the Lord called him.
And I walked the terrain from town to town.
When God told Abraham to look over the land and all that he saw would be given him,
this included present day Iraq.

When Jesus was crucified outside the gate...
Jesus told one benefactor that today thou shalt be with me in "Paradise" .
Paradise is the Garden of Eden which is located in Babylon, which is in Iraq.

Shock and Awe.. means so much more than just a war...
That's just how my travels led me..
Somewhere along the line we planted a Tamarisk tree too, and it made the waters bitter.
Interesting Journey...
anywhoo

I believe spiritually speaking, Babylon is the carnal heart before it is reborn into the Garden we call Paradise.
just my thoughts..
Hugs

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not worth the time to even discuss it with someone so deceived. Go to your traditions of men. Gaze at all those pagan symbols instituted by the builders of your Catholic churches too!

We adhere to Apostle Paul's command too, to ONLY worship The Father through His Son. That means NO MARY WORSHIP like Catholics wrongly do!

the Catholic Church forbids worship but to God alone
There is no teaching to worship Mary

we have no teachings of men in only what Christ commanded to be taught matt 28:19

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 19:38 And after this Joseph of Arimathaea, being a disciple of Jesus, but secretly for fear of the Jews, besought Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus: and Pilate gave him leave. He came therefore, and took the body of Jesus.
Jhn 19:39 And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about an hundred pound weight.
Jhn 19:40 Then took they the body of Jesus, and wound it in linen clothes with the spices, as the manner of the Jews is to bury.
Jhn 19:41 Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden; and in the garden a new sepulchre, wherein was never man yet laid.
Jhn 19:42 There laid they Jesus therefore because of the Jews' preparation day; for the sepulchre was nigh at hand.

So we have Jesus in the garden. There is a Sepulchre or resting place, where never man yet laid.

This resting place where never man yet laid... in the garden even.
And it was the seventh day... and Jesus rested in it.
Adam didn't die in the garden, he was kicked out.
And no man had enetered into the Lord's rest because they had no faith to enter in.
Yet Jesus was laid in the garden, in a resting place, on the sabbath day.
Remember the sabbath to keep it holy.
And God created the seventh day and sanctified it. No man had ever lain..
it was a special place. a special day, a special rememberance.

Size of New Jerusalem
How large is the city? That varies slightly depending on the version of the Bible. The ESV and NIV versions say it is 12,000 stadia in length and width(Rev. 21:16), where a stadia is 607 feet. This translates to 1,400 miles, which is what the NLT Bible says. However, the KJV and other versions say 12,000 furlongs, which translates to 1,500 miles.

Regardless of whether the city is 1,400 miles or 1,500 miles in length and width, it is shaped like a square at the base. This means New Jerusalem is larger than India with nearly 2 million square miles. These measurements are meant to be literal since they are described as man's measurements(Rev. 21:17).

Even more astounding than the size at the base is the height that is also at least 1,400 miles(Rev. 21:16). This goes well beyond Earth's atmosphere and into space. If a building in the city is this high and has a generous 12 feet per story, the building would be over 600,000 stories!

Distance from Jerusalem, Israel to Baghdad, Iraq

The geographical distance (airline route) between Jerusalem and Baghdad is 874 km (543 miles).

Jhn 19:17 And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha:
Jhn 19:18 Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one, and Jesus in the midst.

The first time skull is mentioned in the Bible:

I'm just picking and shoveling..
and thunking..
:)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jdg 9:50 Then went Abimelech to Thebez, and encamped against Thebez, and took it.
Jdg 9:51 But there was a strong tower within the city, and thither fled all the men and women, and all they of the city, and shut it to them, and gat them up to the top of the tower.
Jdg 9:52 And Abimelech came unto the tower, and fought against it, and went hard unto the door of the tower to burn it with fire.
Jdg 9:53 And a certain woman cast a piece of a millstone upon Abimelech's head, and all to brake his skull.
Jdg 9:54 Then he called hastily unto the young man his armourbearer, and said unto him, Draw thy sword, and slay me, that men say not of me, A woman slew him. And his young man thrust him through, and he died.
Jdg 9:55 And when the men of Israel saw that Abimelech was dead, they departed every man unto his place.

Têbêts, tay-bates'; from the same as H948; whiteness; Tebets, a place in Palestine:—Thebez
a town near Shechem

Shechem
Shechem, also spelled Sichem, was a Canaanite city mentioned in the Amarna letters, and is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible as the first capital of the Kingdom of Israel. According to Joshua 21:20–21 it was located in the tribal territorial allotment of the tribe of Ephraim. Traditionally associated with Nablus, it is now identified with the nearby site of Tell Balata in Balata al-Balad in the West Bank

hmm..

The next occurance of the word skull is in Jezreel:

2Ki 9:35 And they went to bury her: but they found no more of her than the skull, and the feet, and the palms of her hands.
2Ki 9:36 Wherefore they came again, and told him. And he said, This is the word of the LORD, which he spake by his servant Elijah the Tishbite, saying, In the portion of Jezreel shall dogs eat the flesh of Jezebel:

Jezreel, perched on the foothills of the Gilboa, overlooks the majestic Jezreel Valley at a point midway between the ancient cities of Megiddo and Beth Shean. Consisting of an upper city, known as Tel Jezreel, and a lower site, known as Tel Ein Jezreel (the spring of Jezreel), Jezreel was a sentry site overlooking the east-west Via Maris/Way of the Sea and also controlling the north-south Way of the Patriarchs. This fact, together with the spring on the edge of the fertile Jezreel Valley, ensured that the site was continuously occupied from the Neolithic to late Ottoman/Mandate times.
Jezreel

Gilboa
The formation has the shape of a boomerang, extending north from the highlands of Samaria on the West Bank and turning northwest at about half its length, thus separating the southeastern end of the Jezreel Valley to the west, from the Beit She'an and Ein Harod valleys to the east. The range's highest peak rises 496 meters above sea level.

Where is Golgotha?

Golgotha / Calvary is located just outside Damascus Gate and faces the major east-west road that runs just north of Old Jerusalem. It is precisely the type of location where the Romans liked to crucify rebels so that their gruesome handiwork can scare the passing masses and deter future rebels against Rome.

This means Jesus was crucified with the skull-faced cliff in the background - i.e., His cross was at the bottom of this cliff, at ground level, not on top of it. As explained above, the Romans crucified people on major roads, not on hard-to-reach hilltops, because they wanted the passersby to see the victims' gory end up close, not from afar. Besides, access to the top of this cliff is difficult from Old Jerusalem and requires a prohibitively long detour.

Then why is the cross of Jesus always portrayed as being on top of a hill?

That is more picturesque and continues the tradition started by Roman Catholic art. The Bible, however, never says that Jesus was crucified on a hill.

The Damascus Gate, the busiest among the eight gates in the medieval Jerusalem Wall, serves the Arab East Jerusalem, which occupies the northeastern half of Old Jerusalem.

This is the gate nearest the two most important Biblical sites in Jerusalem: Golgotha just across the street and Jesus' Tomb, which is 90 meters away. Above is the Damascus Gate viewed from outside Old Jerusalem, and below is the gate viewed from inside of it.

The gate is named after Damascus, the capital of Syria located some 135 miles (220 kilometers) to the north, which it faces. It is also called the Shechem Gate, after the city to which the major road just outside of it leads, and has been called by other names, as below.

The gate was also called Saint Stephen's Gate by the Crusaders, referring to the first Christian martyr, but since other gates are closer to the Temple Mount, which is quite far from Damascus Gate, it is unlikely to have the been the gate through which "they cast him out of the city and stoned him" (Acts 7:51-60). After the Crusader era, the Lion Gate (see Jerusalem Wall) was referred to as Stephen's Gate.

Syria
Syria, officially the Syrian Arab Republic, is a country in Western Asia, bordering Lebanon to the southwest, the Mediterranean Sea to the west, Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Jordan to the south, and Israel to the southwest. Its capital and largest city is Damascus.

Act 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
Act 9:2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:
Act 9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

This reminds me of the fire in the bush that caught Moses' attention.

There is a lot of territory to cover, specially if you consider the spiritual New Jerusalem.
2 million miles square.
And where Jesus was crucified, some only guess.
It would be interesting to see a map of the New Jerusalem encompassing the middle east and see on what territory the "gates" are located.
Because if Jesus was crucified outside the gate, next to a garden, in the place of the skull...
I still think it was Babylon, otherwise known as Baghdad, Iraq.
Meaning that Adam had come full circle, from Genesis to Revelation.
He was created and buried in the garden of Eden also called Paradise on the Sabbath day which is the 7th day, God created for himself to rest in.

The guards who removed the two benefactors also took them away. It is possible that one of them was buried in the same garden with the Lord.
Because he had faith and was allowed to enter in.

These are just thoughts and musings..
something to thunk about :)
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 50:4 And when the days of his mourning were past, Joseph spake unto the house of Pharaoh, saying, If now I have found grace in your eyes, speak, I pray you, in the ears of Pharaoh, saying,
Gen 50:5 My father made me swear, saying, Lo, I die: in my grave which I have digged for me in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therefore let me go up, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come again.
Gen 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation: and he made a mourning for his father seven days.
Gen 50:11 And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites, saw the mourning in the floor of Atad, they said, This is a grievous mourning to the Egyptians: wherefore the name of it was called Abelmizraim, which is beyond Jordan.
Gen 50:12 And his sons did unto him according as he commanded them:
Gen 50:13 For his sons carried him into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Cave of the Patriarchs
The Cave of the Patriarchs or Tomb of the Patriarchs, known to Jews as the Cave of Machpelah and to Muslims as the Sanctuary of Abraham, is a series of caves situated 30 kilometres south of Jerusalem in the heart of the Old City of Hebron in the West Bank.

Another hypothesis holds that Machpelah didn't refer to the cave but rather was a large tract of land, The Machpelah, at the end of which the cave was found.[11] This hypothesis is supported by some Bible verses such as Genesis 49:30, "the cave in the field of Machpelah, near Mamre in Canaan, which Abraham bought along with the field as a burial place from Ephron the Hittite." The question over the right interpretation of Machpelah has been discussed extensively in various Biblical commentaries.
Cave of the Patriarchs - Wikipedia

Mat 27:6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood.
Mat 27:7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in.
Mat 27:8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.
Mat 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;
Mat 27:10 And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.

Zec 11:1 Open thy doors, O Lebanon, that the fire may devour thy cedars.
Zec 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
Zec 11:13 And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

Lebanon
Lebanon, officially known as the Lebanese Republic, is an Arabic speaking country in the Middle-East, located in Western Asia. It is bordered by Syria to the north and east and Israel to the south, while Cyprus lies just west of it across the Mediterranean Sea.

Lebanon was part of northern Canaan, and consequently became the homeland of Canaanite descendants, the Phoenicians, a seafaring people who spread across the Mediterranean in the first millennium BC.[35] The most prominent Phoenician cities were Byblos, Sidon and Tyre, while their most famous colonies were Carthage in present-day Tunisia and Cádiz in present-day Spain.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Genesis 2:10-14[19] lists four rivers in association with the garden of Eden: Pishon, Gihon, Hiddekel (the Tigris), and Phirat (the Euphrates). It also refers to the land of Cush—translated/interpreted as Ethiopia, but thought by some to equate to Cossaea, a Greek name for the land of the Kassites.[20] These lands lie north of Elam, immediately to the east of ancient Babylon, which, unlike Ethiopia, does lie within the region being described.[21] In Antiquities of the Jews, the first-century Jewish historian Josephus identifies the Pishon as what "the Greeks called Ganges" and the Geon (Gehon) as the Nile.[22]

According to Lars-Ivar Ringbom the paradisus terrestris is located in Takab in northwestern Iran.

According to Terje Stordalen, the Eden in Ezekiel appears to be located in Lebanon.[25] "t appears that the Lebanon is an alternative placement in Phoenician myth (as in Ez 28,13, III.48) of the Garden of Eden",[26] and there are connections between paradise, the Garden of Eden and the forests of Lebanon (possibly used symbolically) within prophetic writings.[27] Edward Lipinski and Peter Kyle McCarter have suggested that the garden of the gods, the oldest Sumerian analog of the Garden of Eden, relates to a mountain sanctuary in the Lebanon and Anti-Lebanon ranges.[28]

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

I feel like I'm back in school.. :)
Hugs

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!
Again, you openly admit that you reject Jesus' teaching at Mat 4:10. The first identifier of the Biblical faith is the first commandment. You will have no other gods before Him. That settles it sir.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 18:21And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

Mat 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Catholic Church sexual abuse cases are cases of child sexual abuse by Catholic priests, nuns and members of religious orders. In the 20th and 21st centuries, the cases have involved many allegations, investigations, trials, convictions, and revelations about decades of attempts by Church officials to cover up reported incidents.
The abused include mostly boys but also girls, some as young as three years old, with the majority between the ages of 11 and 14. Criminal cases for the most part do not cover sexual harassment of adults. The accusations of abuse and cover-ups began to receive public attention during the late 1980s. Many of these cases allege decades of abuse, frequently made by adults or older youths years after the abuse occurred. Cases have also been brought against members of the Catholic hierarchy who covered up sex abuse allegations and moved abusive priests to other parishes, where abuse continued.
Catholic Church sexual abuse cases - Wikipedia

This is the first of three articles on pedophilia in the Roman Catholic Church (RCC). This article goes much deeper than one on one sex crimes against children. It also looks at the systematic cover-up of those crimes by the Catholic hierarchy.

A future article will look at the trafficking of children for use as sex slaves and the use of children for ritualistic sacrifices. Another article will highlight the heroic Catholic priests and bishops who are risking their lives to tell the truth about what is happening in their church.

Some of these whistleblowers are now in hiding in fear for their lives, while others have been killed or blackballed from parish work.

The Catholic Church and Pedophilia: Trafficking Children as Sex Slaves - Medical Kidnap

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

Pray for the Children
:(
HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It is located in Baghdad, Iraq.
It wasn't known as Iraq at that time, but was under Roman rule.
All of Asia was subjected to Rome.
The United States isn't just Washington, DC.
It was the Kingdom of Rome, not the City.

Babylon was Rome before it was called Rome.
Iraq is the heart or the center of Babylon. geologically speaking.
If you follow the rivers which went forth from the "garden" and split into 4 heads..
the "Garden" or "Paradise" is located in Iraq.

I went a journey one day with Abraham from the country of Ur from which the Lord called him.
And I walked the terrain from town to town.
When God told Abraham to look over the land and all that he saw would be given him,
this included present day Iraq.

When Jesus was crucified outside the gate...
Jesus told one benefactor that today thou shalt be with me in "Paradise" .
Paradise is the Garden of Eden which is located in Babylon, which is in Iraq.

Shock and Awe.. means so much more than just a war...
That's just how my travels led me..
Somewhere along the line we planted a Tamarisk tree too, and it made the waters bitter.
Interesting Journey...
anywhoo

I believe spiritually speaking, Babylon is the carnal heart before it is reborn into the Garden we call Paradise.
just my thoughts..
Hugs
@Ziggy Interesting thoughts there...

C H Spurgeon wrote of 'the Popish lumber of self-righteousness', concealed in the human heart.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
C H Spurgeon wrote of 'the Popish lumber of self-righteousness', concealed in the human heart.

Not sure what that means, but I found this.
:)
Hugs

November 5, 2020

November 5
MORNING

Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.

This day is notable in English history for two great deliverances wrought by God for us. On this day the plot of the Papists to destroy our Houses of Parliament was discovered, 1605.

"While for our princes they prepare
In caverns deep a burning snare,
He shot from heaven a piercing ray,
And the dark treachery brought to day."

And secondly - today is the anniversary of the landing of King William III, at Torbay, by which the hope of Popish ascendancy was quashed, and religious liberty was secured, 1688. This day ought to be celebrated, not by the saturnalia of striplings, but by the songs of saints. Our Puritan forefathers most devoutly made it a special time of thanksgiving. There is extant a record of the annual sermons preached by Matthew Henry on this day.

Our Protestant feeling, and our love of liberty, should make us regard its anniversary with holy gratitude. Let our hearts and lips exclaim, "We have heard with our ears, and our fathers have told us the wondrous things which Thou didst in their day, and in the old time before them." Thou hast made this nation the home of the gospel; and when the foe has risen against her, Thou hast shielded her. Help us to offer repeated songs for repeated deliverances. Grant us more and more a hatred of Antichrist, and hasten on the day of her entire extinction.

Till then and ever, we believe the promise, "No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper." Should it not be laid upon the heart of every lover of the gospel of Jesus on this day to plead for the overturning of false doctrines and the extension of divine truth? Would it not be well to search our own hearts, and turn out any of the Popish lumber of self-righteousness which may lie concealed therein?

Morning and Evening 11/5 AM

Reactions: farouk

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, you openly admit that you reject Jesus' teaching at Mat 4:10. The first identifier of the Biblical faith is the first commandment. You will have no other gods before Him. That settles it sir.

Of course not, Satan is not God