Which kind of FAITH regarding JESUS do you have?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are missing my point.

If you are reborn and no longer sin . . . why do you need someone to tell you to not sin?

Much love!
because my friend , in our flesh rests nothing good . And contrary it is . We must be reminded to heed the SPIRIT and not the flesh .
Thus let us sound as did the early apostels . be serious and grave when it comes to sin . Always reminding the body to not sin .
And to confess faults and repent of any such evil . To also correct those who do sin . Rebuke . And cast out those who refuse to repent of said evil .
Its all necessary . The LORD knows how to keep his own healthy and thriving . thus let us use all reminders that JESUS gave
and the apostels gave . Omitting none of it , its all for our good .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Because we don't just automatically stop sins when we are reborn, contrary to what some may say.

Much love!
Sin will always be present in the flesh . But greater is HE who is in us . Thus HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .
If church folks were more serious and had remained grave the churches would have prospered and not fallen away .
Stay the course in JESUS CHRIST . HE is with the lambs and HE is all we need . And by the SPIRIT
we ought to be stirring one another up to do good works and to flee every appearance of evil . Same Spirit
in the apostles is still in the lambs today . We need to return to the original pattern and fast my friend .
Too many men down play sin and refuse correction and instead holler unity unity unity , and look what happened to those churches .
They leavened so full , i dare you to look at some things they now do and what they now call good and what they now call evil .
ITS a madhouse my friend . But this happens when folks start pecking away little by little at the original pattern .
Things just get worse and worse .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should anyone recognize that there are "two kinds of faith" when the Bible does not present any such nonsense? How come you always come up with these erroneous ideas?

And genuine Christians do not "keep sinning". Another nonsensical idea. By the same token, even the apostle Paul was not on the same mountain peak as you. He never claimed sinless perfection (as do you). So genuine Christians can and do sin, but that is not the same as "keep sinning" (a lifestyle of sinful behavior).

You're right. Christians don't keep sinning. But there are plenty of people on here who claim they do, yet claim they are born again. If you don't, fine. My posts are to those others then. You don't need to reply.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They wrote to the gentiles, to address the matter for them. Judiazers where trying to subvert them into the Law, and the Apostles gave them 4 rules to follow since the Jews were so steeped in Moses.

Much love!

But the meeting was because the Jews were so up in arms about them. Look, if you can't see the reasoning. Fine. Because it doesn't change the truth that Jesus came to take our sin nature called the old man, away. Do you agree with Romans 6:6-7 or not?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin will always be present in the flesh . But greater is HE who is in us . Thus HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .
If church folks were more serious and had remained grave the churches would have prospered and not fallen away .
Stay the course in JESUS CHRIST . HE is with the lambs and HE is all we need . And by the SPIRIT
we ought to be stirring one another up to do good works and to flee every appearance of evil . Same Spirit
in the apostles is still in the lambs today . We need to return to the original pattern and fast my friend .
Too many men down play sin and refuse correction and instead holler unity unity unity , and look what happened to those churches .
They leavened so full , i dare you to look at some things they now do and what they now call good and what they now call evil .
ITS a madhouse my friend . But this happens when folks start pecking away little by little at the original pattern .
Things just get worse and worse .

amigo, born again Christians are NOT in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God indwells them. You know that don't you. Or do you believe like many on this and other Christian sites that we have two natures? Read Romans 6:6-7 and then tell me what you believe.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you ARE saying one is not born again when they receive the down payment of the Holy Spirit. So when Paul said, you are yet carnal, he was saying they weren’t born again?

What is the down payment of the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit is either on the outside drawing, or inside the born again. That's the difference. Where is He? It has all to do with abiding in Him, and He in us. Those who walk in the Spirit do not sin. Those who the Spirit is merely drawing with knowledge will sin. That's why Matthew 7:21-23 is now. We are in the last church age of Laodecia. Those who don't believe they need anything further, while Jesus is knocking on the outside door.

Romans 8:9 says that if we do not have (inside) the Spirit of Christ we do not belong to Him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the meeting was because the Jews were so up in arms about them.

Acts 15:1-7 KJV
1) And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
2) When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
3) And being brought on their way by the church, they passed through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the Gentiles: and they caused great joy unto all the brethren.
4) And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.
5) But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
6) And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.
7) And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

There was a dispute, and Paul and Barnabas went to Jerusalem to settle the dispute. They found the same thing happening there also.

So there was the question . . . do the Gentiles, or do they not, have to keep the Law?

Look, if you can't see the reasoning. Fine.
We need to be able to see and accept these passages, all of them, for what they are, not how they can be presented to support our particular views.

In this instance, a bunch of Jews were going around telling the Gentile Christians that they had to be circumcised and to keep the Law of Moses, or they weren't really saved. Sound familiar?

The Apostles gave a reply that said that because the Jews have been sitting under the teaching of Moses' Law every Sabbath, all their lives, then these 4 things, don't do them.

It was an instruction to the gentile Christians to observe 4 aspects to the Law in deference to the sensitivities of the Jews, given in response to the wrong legalistic teaching of the Jews to the gentile Christians.

Now, in answering this Question, Do the gentiles keep the Law . . . Why . . . Why didn't Paul, or James, or SOMEONE stand up and say, Well, if they are saved, they ARE keeping the Law! IF they are not . . . if they are still sinning . . . get them saved, man!!

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've not met anyone yet who, while presenting themself as Christian, has not even so exhibited works of the flesh.

Much love!

I can believe that marks. These are the last days and the falling away from the truth has been happening since before you were born. And most of them want to fight for the right to sin and have it already paid for by Christ. Oy vey.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Including forums, I mean.

Much love!

I know what you mean. I'm on another site also, but can only post the truth for so long until I'm banned for a week because of the haters always reporting me for disagreeing with them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can believe that marks. These are the last days and the falling away from the truth has been happening since before you were born. And most of them want to fight for the right to sin and have it already paid for by Christ. Oy vey.
And some just deny it entirely as if it doesn't happen, maybe thinking no one else sees.

Much love!

Abigail

Jan 29, 2022
Brookside
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a first century lady because I teach what was taught in the first century and not what was twisted after the apostles died.

They taught a true Christian can remain sinless from the time they are born again by not willfully committing a sin that is against their conscience. That doesn't make them perfect yet, but they DO live up to the knowledge they have. To become perfect one must mature in all the fruit of the Spirit. Peter gives some steps to follow to never stumble. 2 Peter 1:2-11.

If you are still a slave to sin confess that to Jesus so that He can fill you with His Spirit. You cannot stop sinning all by yourself. The desires have to be killed (crucified) and the Spirit of Christ can kill the old man nature, and create a new one that partakes of the divine nature of Jesus.

Romans 6:6-7
Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My conscience is clear.
Paul pretty much said the same thing himself, though he went on to explain that this didn't mean he was actually right in everything, and that Jesus, the One Who truly knows our hearts, He is the One Who will judge us.

Myself, I wouldn't be so bold.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Others often times see things in ourselves that we ourselves don't see.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes. Because we don't just automatically stop sins when we are reborn, contrary to what some may say.

Much love!

People will sin until they are filled with the Spirit. If there is room for something else besides the Spirit then it will get in. But an overflowing vessel will NOT let any impurities in.

People need to be filled with the Spirit...which is a fullness or abundance of grace BESIDES or after being born again.

It isn't wise to rely on dogmatic beliefs when there is a lack of victory that shows those dogmatic beliefs for what they are...a trust in the flesh.