Which Life Do We Choose?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
"Which Life Do We Choose?"
By Zach WoodRomans 8:5
Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

The alarm clock goes off, we get out of bed, we walk around the house for a little bit, and then.....BOOM! The daily life of dealing with our choices begins. We all make many choices throughout the day, but there is only one choice which is more important than any other choice we make that day. It is whether we choose to live by the Spirit or by the sinful nature.
Which life do you choose each day? Do you choose to live by the Spirit and follow the plans God has for you? Do you read your Bible? Do you listen to music that is uplifting and encourages your walk with Christ? Do you pray for your meals? Do you watch TV programming that is encouraging?(Kind of hard to find shows that are.)

Do you find yourself living by the sinful nature? Do you read magazines that fill your mind with junk and gossip? Do you listen to music that profanes other people and our God? Do you watch TV shows and movies that fill your mind and heart with very unwholesome images and language?

We must admit we are just as guilty as non-believers in following the worldly desires in our daily lives. We are not perfect and we will make choices that do not glorify God. However, we cannot use this as an excuse to continue in our worldly ways. Christ demands MUCH more from us. We have been called to a higher standard of living now that we are in Christ. He calls us to live a life that glorifies Him.

So, which life do we choose? We know how we should live, but we must make that choice every single day we arise and start our day. I have always been a person who needs to start my day with devotional time. My day just doesn't feel right when I don't and I open myself up to even more temptations because I have not spent time in study.

When you arise, will you choose life of the sinful nature or life of the Spirit? Please, choose carefully.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
It is difficult to sort through everything that may or may not have import and purpose in fulfilling God's plan for our personal lives. It is for freedom Christ frees us, not slaving over condemnation. Much striving, and much mental rectitude may only serve to cover up that which God is seeking to expose. I have yet to meet a saint that God is not trying to hogtie in one way or another, in order to get at some stronghold in their lives preventing His presence.

By the grace of God I am what I am, says Paul, and for good reason. He left off the matter of self- will worship to those who desired less than the most. To know Him and the power of His resurrection was Paul's deepest longing. It is only when we are in that place of desiring to be clothed upon with deathlessness at His side, and make decisions based upon the goal of God to become All in all, that the lives we live will accord with the glory set in store for us.The outfitting of that clothing must be derived from the Master Tailor of men's spirits, it cannot be patterned of our own choosing.

I praise God the sin issue is dead, as is the old man who dies daily. To keep track of sin is a fools game. It has no end and only produces more of the same.

fivesense