Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God called no human a "son of God" except Adam.

Only when "the Word became flesh and dwelt among us" do we see God bringing forth "sons of God".

He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.
He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name,
He gave the right to become sons of God— children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.
John 1:10-13

After Adam sinned, no more "son(s) of God" because "that which is flesh is flesh"

Human flesh can NEVER bring forth a "son of God" = John 1:10-13

1 Cor 15:20-23
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
But each in his own turn: Christ the firstfruits; then at His coming, those who belong to Him
Are you saying that Eve was not a son of God? What about Cain and Abel? Why were Cain and Abel still in the Garden? Abel brought an acceptable sacrifice to God, but Cain started to backside, not bringing an acceptable sacrifice.

You also still have plural as in many sons of God created on the 6th day along with Adam. Adam is not a them.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."

"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so."

"In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.... The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;"

I suppose some just think this is just figurative language about rain. But what about the fountains of the deep, what do they symbolize?

IMO there was water under the land. Then you have the Seas. Then the firmament/heaven and then water above the firmament. Yes, according to Scripture there was water above the stars in the firmament.

Heaven and Paradise are closer than most people think.
I don't see it that way. I believe Moses is describing a time when earth's surface was completely covered in water. Remember, land doesn't appear until much later,

The entire earth's surface was covered in water and as the wind blew (the spirit moved) over the oceans, water evaporated off the surface to form clouds. Perhaps the entire earth was covered with fog. Then God cause the fog to dissipate leaving sky between the ocean and the clouds (the water below and the water above.) The process of evaporation continued until land began to appear as the ocean level dropped.

There seems to be some confusion concerning the word "heaven." Let's review the following passage:

Genesis 1:8-9
God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.
Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so.

I highlighted the word "heaven" or "heavens" in the verses above to make a point about the word's range of meaning. In the Bible, "heaven" typically refers to one of three places: 1) the day-sky, 2) the night-sky, and 2) the abode of God. The Day-Sky is the domain of the the birds; the Night-Sky is the domain of the celestial objects. And the third heaven, a place Paul calls "paradise." In Genesis 28, the passage records Jacob's dream in which he saw a ladder or a stairway leading up to the abode of God and his angels. Thus, the term "heaven" has more than one connotation depending on the context.

Notice that the term "heaven" is singular in verse 8, but plural in verse 9. By this we understand that the Bible uses the term "heaven" in reference to one or another domain; and the plural form references more than one domain. The author's intend is understood within the immediate context.

What do you think? Make sense?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Again, there is no scripture that states "the faithful ones are the sons of God".

The words of God on the subject - Gen ch6 , Job ch1 ch2, ch38 , John ch1 , Luke ch20 , 2 Peter ch2 , Jude , 1 John 3:1-3 , Revelation

There is no reason to drift away from these scriptures that specifically inform us of the "sons of God"
If God the Father is our father then aren’t we His sons and daughters?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God the Father is our father then aren’t we His sons and daughters?
No, but we have been created by God to know Him and love Him.

This is clearly expressed in John 1:10-13 and John 6:43-45

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become sons of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jesus therefore answered and said to them, “Do not murmur among yourselves.
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’
Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

For a human to be qualified as a "son of God' that human must be "Born-Again by the Spirit of God = according to the will of God".

This can only be done by God for us.

They asked JESUS, "who then can be saved?"

JESUS answered and said,"with man this is impossible but with God all things are possible" - Matthew 19:23-26

Last edited:

beyondyours11

Sep 28, 2023
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I really love reading about this topic.

It sparks curiosity, raises questions, and ignites imagination.

There is quite the differing opinion on the Nephilim in this thread.

I've heard both sides of the story.

These mysterious beings are mentioned in the book of Genesis, Jude, and Peter and it really caught my attention when I read about them.

I remember wondering what it meant to have the sons of God mixing with the daughters of men.

Can you imagine what their offspring must have looked like if this is true!?

Hello Goliath!

Anyway, I really like the explanation that TAKEN posted.

Thank you for that.

I smiled as I read what you wrote.

God bless.

OP^

Elementary explanation:

Before mankind; God created; “holy celestial spirits beings, ie called Angels”; called “sons of God”.

How “many” Angels did God “create”?
Angels “AMOUNT”, are represented by the “number” of STARS in the sky’s.

Purpose of these “holy celestial spirit being Angels”?
Serve God. (Multiple assigned tasks...)

What if they do not LIKE their assigned task? Don’t want to Serve God?
Freewill. Can deflect, Do as “they” will.

Consequence? Lose their “estate”, their “holiness”, their “son-ship”, their “status”, etc.

After MANKIND, was created and made.
~ holy celestial spirit being Angels began receiving Assignments to Serve God, by being “ministering servants to Mankind”.

Mission...God sent,
“holy angel ministering servants to Earth to Mankind”....
and WOAH...
Cowabunga!!!
Hey, Gabriel, check this out...Earthly MEN...have Earthly WOMEN!!!
* Uh....settle down “fellow Angel”...You are sent to minister to Earthly MEN.
But, But, But, Gabriel...seriously “LOOK” AT THESE daughters of Earthly Men...”these WOMEN “things”... They are mesmerizingly Beautiful!
* Uh...get on about your business of ministering to Earthly MEN.
But, Gabriel...haven’t you heard what Earthly MEN have these Beautiful “WOMAN” things For? They ‘hook up’ in a Marriage thingy, hug, kiss, snuggle, and make more beautiful women. Seriously, These Earthly Men have pretty cool mission themselves. “I’m kind of digging that idea”.
* Uh, oh, “fellow Angel”, you are treading on a dangerous slippery slope.
Oh Gabriel, you are so ‘old school’, It’s no big deal to step over the line and try something new.
* Uh, oh, “fellow Angel”, wise up, that Beauty that mesmerizes you is temporary, it fades away; the smooth silky flesh will wither, hang from its bones, and the mane of hair shall dull, thin, fall from it’s beauty.
Oh Gabriel, pfft, what strange imaginations you have...

And so...curious unwise holy Angels, “sons of God”, “servants of God, sent to earth to minister to men”...Became side-tracked, by the Beauty of Women, and...? Seemingly decided Earthly Man had pretty cool thing going on, and freely elected to “adopt” ManKIND’S “ways” OVER the “WAY” God had created, made, prepared “THEM for”.

Bummer...Those such
Angels, “lost” their holiness, estate, status, and to boot, There appears (to my knowledge), curiously, not ONE offspring of an angel and human woman; being a Female, beautiful or otherwise.

Seemingly...Giants, is an exclusive “big boys club”...no beautiful offspring daughters? Curse?

Ponder boys and girls. o_O

Reactions: RLT63 and Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP^

Elementary explanation:

Before mankind; God created; “holy celestial spirits beings, ie called Angels”; called “sons of God”.

How “many” Angels did God “create”?
Angels “AMOUNT”, are represented by the “number” of STARS in the sky’s.

Purpose of these “holy celestial spirit being Angels”?
Serve God. (Multiple assigned tasks...)

What if they do not LIKE their assigned task? Don’t want to Serve God?
Freewill. Can deflect, Do as “they” will.

Consequence? Lose their “estate”, their “holiness”, their “son-ship”, their “status”, etc.

After MANKIND, was created and made.
~ holy celestial spirit being Angels began receiving Assignments to Serve God, by being “ministering servants to Mankind”.

Mission...God sent,
“holy angel ministering servants to Earth to Mankind”....
and WOAH...
Cowabunga!!!
Hey, Gabriel, check this out...Earthly MEN...have Earthly WOMEN!!!
* Uh....settle down “fellow Angel”...You are sent to minister to Earthly MEN.
But, But, But, Gabriel...seriously “LOOK” AT THESE daughters of Earthly Men...”these WOMEN “things”... They are mesmerizingly Beautiful!
* Uh...get on about your business of ministering to Earthly MEN.
But, Gabriel...haven’t you heard what Earthly MEN have these Beautiful “WOMAN” things For? They ‘hook up’ in a Marriage thingy, hug, kiss, snuggle, and make more beautiful women. Seriously, These Earthly Men have pretty cool mission themselves. “I’m kind of digging that idea”.
* Uh, oh, “fellow Angel”, you are treading on a dangerous slippery slope.
Oh Gabriel, you are so ‘old school’, It’s no big deal to step over the line and try something new.
* Uh, oh, “fellow Angel”, wise up, that Beauty that mesmerizes you is temporary, it fades away; the smooth silky flesh will wither, hang from its bones, and the mane of hair shall dull, thin, fall from it’s beauty.
Oh Gabriel, pfft, what strange imaginations you have...

And so...curious unwise holy Angels, “sons of God”, “servants of God, sent to earth to minister to men”...Became side-tracked, by the Beauty of Women, and...? Seemingly decided Earthly Man had pretty cool thing going on, and freely elected to “adopt” ManKIND’S “ways” OVER the “WAY” God had created, made, prepared “THEM for”.

Bummer...Those such Angels, “lost” their holiness, estate, status, and to boot, There appears (to my knowledge), curiously, not ONE offspring of an angel and human woman; being a Female, beautiful or otherwise.

Seemingly...Giants, is an exclusive “big boys club”...no beautiful offspring daughters? Curse?

Ponder boys and girls. o_O
Excellent except for: "There appears (to my knowledge), curiously, not ONE offspring of an angel and human woman;"

And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward,
when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them.
Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent except for: "There appears (to my knowledge), curiously, not ONE offspring of an angel and human woman;"

And the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward,
when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them.
Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Sons of God were the angels (not created male and female) who mated with daughters of (human) men.

Their “offspring” appear to be only “males’ and of great stature, far above that of human men.

Human men had not YET the teaching or revealing of HOW a human man could “BECOME” made a “son of God”.

(…sons of God…ARE (created Spirits than can never Die) or a being that HAVE a born again spirit, which applies to mankIND, which then THAT spirit can never die).

Glory to God,
Taken

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sons of God were the angels (not created male and female) who mated with daughters of (human) men.

Their “offspring” appear to be only “males’ and of great stature, far above that of human men.

Human men had not YET the teaching or revealing of HOW a human man could “BECOME” made a “son of God”.

(…sons of God…ARE (created Spirits than can never Die) or a being that HAVE a born again spirit, which applies to mankIND, which then THAT spirit can never die).

Glory to God,
Taken
When the angels left there proper place of the spiritual realm and came to earth, they took on human male form.

It seems befitting to their genetic makeup, since they are "sons of God", to only produce male offspring.
Their genetic makeup is Dominant over the female genes.

How they transformed from spirit bodies to flesh bodies, this God does not tells us.
Neither do we have any need to know BUT to only believe our Heavenly Fathers' Word.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the angels left there proper place of the spiritual realm and came to earth, they took on human male form.

It seems befitting to their genetic makeup, since they are "sons of God", to only produce male offspring.
Their genetic makeup is Dominant over the female genes.

How they transformed from spirit bodies to flesh bodies, this God does not tells us.
Neither do we have any need to know BUT to only believe our Heavenly Fathers' Word.

Spirits are Powerful and Do have the unique ability to take upon themselves the LOOK /LIKENESS OF A HUMAN body.

Angels in the OT, visited Abraham, Looked like a man, were called by how they looked…ie A man.

Angels in Sodom, did that, were seen by men, called men.

A particular Spirit “called” a man, and “identified” as “The Angel of the LORD”, in the OT.

NT “The Spirit of God” identified as Jesus, appeared in the Likeness as man, was called a man.

NT An Angel (Spirit) called by Name; Gabriel, appeared to Mary…what did she SEE?

NT notice to all of manKIND…
Heb 13:
[2] Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Angels can and do APPEAR as men, without a human man knowing it is a spirit, an angel.

CAUTION…it may be an angel of light. It may be a fallen angel masquerading as an angel of light.

Glory to God,
Taken

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Glory to God,
Taken
According to Paul, the sons of God were not angelic beings. (Hebrews 1) The phrase "son of God" indicates rank, i.e. royalty. A son of God is a king who rules for God in his kingdom. (2 Samuel 7:14) Therefore, a daughter of man is a woman not born into the royal dynasty.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Paul, the sons of God were not angelic beings. (Hebrews 1) The phrase "son of God" indicates rank, i.e. royalty.

Job 38: (from God to A man, ie. Job)

[4] Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
[5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
[6] Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

According to God….“sons of God” … were observing and shouting for joy, when God was establishing the earth, and I am quite confident manKIND was not created or made until AFTER manKIND’S habitat (EARTH) was established.

A son of God is a king who rules for God in his kingdom. (2 Samuel 7:14)

God establishes and declares who shall be “called’ His son, and whom God shall be a father to.

God called “holy angels His sons”.

God calls “converted manKind whose spirit is born of Gods seed”, His sons.

Gods called “One” who came forth out from God, His “begotten” Son, because ONLY that “One”, came forth OUT from God.

Therefore, a daughter of man is a woman not born into the royal dynasty.

What does your “therefore” in context, MEAN?

Glory to God,
Taken

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 38: (from God to A man, ie. Job)

[4] Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
[5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
[6] Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
[7] When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

According to God….“sons of God” … were observing and shouting for joy, when God was establishing the earth, and I am quite confident manKIND was not created or made until AFTER manKIND’S habitat (EARTH) was established.

God establishes and declares who shall be “called’ His son, and whom God shall be a father to.

God called “holy angels His sons”.

God calls “converted manKind whose spirit is born of Gods seed”, His sons.

Gods called “One” who came forth out from God, His “begotten” Son, because ONLY that “One”, came forth OUT from God.

What does your “therefore” in context, MEAN?

Glory to God,
Taken
Didn't Paul disavow the idea that sons of God are angels in Hebrews chapter one?

Jesus referenced Psalm 82:6

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't Paul disavow the idea that sons of God are angels in Hebrews chapter one?

Jesus referenced Psalm 82:6

You can quote such scriptures and identify exactly what you see as Paul disavowing Gods own word in Job 38.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Paul, the sons of God were not angelic beings. (Hebrews 1) The phrase "son of God" indicates rank, i.e. royalty. A son of God is a king who rules for God in his kingdom. (2 Samuel 7:14) Therefore, a daughter of man is a woman not born into the royal dynasty.
Hebrews ch1 is about the Glory of God in Jesus Christ.

Because angels are also glorious beings and are superior to man, Hebrews shows that the LORD Jesus is Higher then angels.

The LORD Jesus Christ and OT Scripture and NT Scripture designate angels as 'sons of God' = Luke 20:34-38

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.”

Furthermore, the Apostle Peter and Jude confirm that the 'sons of God' from Genesis chapter 6 are in fact angels.

But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because angels are also glorious beings and are superior to man, Hebrews shows that the LORD Jesus is Higher then angels.

The LORD Jesus Christ and OT Scripture and NT Scripture designate angels as 'sons of God' = Luke 20:34-38

Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection. But even Moses showed in the burning bush passage that the dead are raised, when he called the Lord ‘the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.’ For He is not the God of the dead but of the living, for all live to Him.”

Furthermore, the Apostle Peter and Jude confirm that the 'sons of God' from Genesis chapter 6 are in fact angels.

But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Being equal to does not make sons of God, angels.

Humans are equal to apes as they are both mammals. That does not mean apes are humans, nor are humans apes.

Humans are not equal to angels as Adam's fallen status removed all his descendants from being sons of God. Once restored, as sons of God, the church will be equal to the angels.

Not sure why you all go in the opposite direction and think we all sons of God turn into angels or angels turn into sons of God. A third of the angels left their abode and were immediately chained in darkness in the pit until the 5th Trumpet sounds. Just like all those who listen to Satan after the millennium don't have sex as they protest against Jesus in Jerusalem. They are consumed by fire.

The sons of God were all those created on the 6th day along with Adam. Adam disobeyed God, was physically placed in a body of death, and stopped being a son of God both physically and spiritually. Then after 900 years the daughters of Adam's offspring started to attract the offspring of the sons of God. Probably Noah's sisters because Noah watched the whole thing unfold for 500 years.

The angels are the stars created on the 4th day. The sons of God are humans created on the 6th day. Both existed from the foundation of the world.

The first 6 days are the foundation of creation.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being equal to does not make sons of God, angels.

Humans are equal to apes as they are both mammals. That does not mean apes are humans, nor are humans apes.

Humans are not equal to angels as Adam's fallen status removed all his descendants from being sons of God. Once restored, as sons of God, the church will be equal to the angels.

Not sure why you all go in the opposite direction and think we all sons of God turn into angels or angels turn into sons of God. A third of the angels left their abode and were immediately chained in darkness in the pit until the 5th Trumpet sounds. Just like all those who listen to Satan after the millennium don't have sex as they protest against Jesus in Jerusalem. They are consumed by fire.

The sons of God were all those created on the 6th day along with Adam. Adam disobeyed God, was physically placed in a body of death, and stopped being a son of God both physically and spiritually. Then after 900 years the daughters of Adam's offspring started to attract the offspring of the sons of God. Probably Noah's sisters because Noah watched the whole thing unfold for 500 years.

The angels are the stars created on the 4th day. The sons of God are humans created on the 6th day. Both existed from the foundation of the world.
Do a in depth study on "sons of God" = and take your time

Reactions: MA2444

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can quote such scriptures and identify exactly what you see as Paul disavowing Gods own word in Job 38.
Well, Hebrews doesn't explicitly say that angels aren't "sons of God." In that passage, Paul defends the gospel against those who insist that the Messiah would be an angel or a theophany of God. In that argument, he rhetorically asks, "For to which of the angels did He ever say, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You'?"

I reasoned that if God would not refer to an angel as his son, then why do we say that the sons of God were angels?

Perhaps I don't understand the full picture.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

In order to comprehend this section, it is important to take note of the explanatory phrase at the end, which states, "being sons of the resurrection." This phrase appears to modify or clarify the meaning of "sons of God" in this particular context. Essentially, these individuals are considered sons of God because they are sons of the resurrection. Therefore, it is not appropriate to use this text as evidence to support the claim that angels are sons of God.

In the genealogy of Jesus written by Luke, he referred to Adam as a son of God by writing, "the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God." Luke traced the family tree of Jesus all the way back to Adam. We can think of this list as an answer to the question, "Who is the father of whom?" When Luke came to Adam, he acknowledged that Adam's father was God himself. Unlike all the men on the list who had human fathers, Adam had a divine origin. By creating Adam, God became a father to him, and Adam became a son of God.

The sons of the resurrection are sons of God in the same way that Adam was a son of God. The sons of the resurrection have a divine origin in that God gives them eternal life, eternal bodies and an eternal age in which to live and thrive.

"We know that angels do not experience resurrection because, like them, those who attain that age will never die again. Jesus indicates that angels possess immortality, which will also be shared by the sons of the resurrection. Therefore, I believe that Jesus was referring to the sons of the resurrection, not angels, when he spoke of the sons of God."

• Love
Reactions: Waiting on him

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Hebrews doesn't explicitly say that angels aren't "sons of God." In that passage, Paul defends the gospel against those who insist that the Messiah would be an angel or a theophany of God. In that argument, he rhetorically asks, "For to which of the angels did He ever say, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You'?"

I reasoned that if God would not refer to an angel as his son, then why do we say that the sons of God were angels?

Perhaps I don't understand the full picture.

At no time has God SAID…
TO Any ANGEL or Any manKIND of being… “You ARE my Son, I have begotten you”.
With ONLY ONE EXCEPTION….JESUS.

Angels were created HOLY, for particular purposes.
ManKind was created AND made VERY GOOD, for particular purposes.

Angels purpose? To serve God Pleasingly.
ManKinds purpose? To Please God.

IOW, Gods creations and makings are For Gods Pleasure and BTW For God to Love all of His Creations.

The Conundrum…angels and manKind have FreeWILL:
To Believe in God………….or not.
To Believe Gods word…..or not.
To Please God………………or not.
To Serve God……………….or not.
To Love God……………..….or not.
To Advocate For….or Against God.

I believe in the beginning…BEFORE manKIND…and to this day, Holy angels who have KEPT their “estate” (meaning the heavens we can see, but not go, ie where the Stars are)….are Called “sons of God”.

I believe in the later days…AFTER manKIND…manKIND was informed men WHO are WITH God “living and bodily dying”….(believing, trusting, obeying) are called “sons of God”.

I believe in much later days…in Jesus day upon the earth….manKIND was informed of a new Better Testament, of an Offering of God, and a mans FREEWILL to “accept or reject” His Offering….
And such Offering being (according to Gods Order and Way)
HOW TO: become (by the receipt of the Word of God, the Power of God and Seed of God)….MADE by declaration;
“A son of God”.

Bit by bit, little by little Gods plan unfolds before every generation.
Hope that clarifies.

God Bless you,
Taken

Reactions: CadyandZoe