Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were no sons of God prior to Jesus.
The Bible is LOADED with TRUTH.

Like this one = Job 38:1-7

1Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:

2“Who is this who darkens counsel
By words without knowledge?
3Now prepare yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer Me.

4“Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding.
5Who determined its measurements?
Surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6To what were its foundations fastened?
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7When the morning stars sang together,
And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

• Love
Reactions: BlessedPeace

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Surely you know!
I suppose you believe that this is referring to the literal planet we inhabit. Where is a cornerstone placed on a sphere? How many corners does a sphere have?

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose you believe that this is referring to the literal planet we inhabit. Where is a cornerstone placed on a sphere? How many corners does a sphere have?
How do you know we are on a sphere?
Did NASA tell you this?

Surely you know!

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know we are on a sphere?
Did NASA tell you this?

Surely you know!
You're a flat earther?

• Haha
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol, flat earth, angels having sex with human females. Next we’ll be talking of talking snakes. The fables never end with the Roman Catholics, and all their mythology!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Surely you know!
Consider Luke 3:38
the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Now, if Adam was called the son of God, and Adam wasn't an angelic being, then why should we think that the sons of God in Genesis are angelic beings?

• Love

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a flat earther?
Logic is trapped inside a cranium
If you look to find it you may need some germanium
Whereas Faith in His Word makes us look like dumb turds
Only in the eyes of those whose logic is for the birds

Faith in His Word is the Real Deal
My Father said so and that is why i Kneel
Trust in Him like a little Child - do it Today
For our Heavenly Father will Smile as He shows you the Way

The Creator who made the world and all things
He is so Smart that He did not even use a graph or a Chart
Nor did He need man for any Part
His Plans were spoken in Truth and Love
Don't you know that the Spirit is a Dove

In this poem all THREE can be seen
That is, if you Know what i mean
So when you look up at the moon, stars and sun
Always remember where the Light comes From

• Haha
Reactions: BlessedPeace

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider Luke 3:38
the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Now, if Adam was called the son of God, and Adam wasn't an angelic being, then why should we think that the sons of God in Genesis are angelic beings?

Excellent question - thank you = ONLY Adam was created "son of God"

#1 - Adam was a direct 'offspring' from God = Adam was created without sin and walked with God = in His Presence

#2 - All that were born from Adam were born spiritually DEAD in sin = Romans 5:12 , 1 Cor 15:21 - Eph 2:1-3

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent question - thank you = ONLY Adam was created "son of God"

#1 - Adam was a direct 'offspring' from God = Adam was created without sin and walked with God = in His Presence

#2 - All that were born from Adam were born spiritually DEAD in sin = Romans 5:12 , 1 Cor 15:21 - Eph 2:1-3

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—

But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
Nothing in the text suggests that Adam was created without sin. The fact that he sinned is evidence that he wasn't. Nothing in the Bible suggests that people are born dead. The word "dead" in Paul's letter to the Ephesians refers to condemnation, not essential nature.

Dead = condemned to death
Alive = not condemned to death.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in the text suggests that Adam was created without sin. The fact that he sinned is evidence that he wasn't. Nothing in the Bible suggests that people are born dead. The word "dead" in Paul's letter to the Ephesians refers to condemnation, not essential nature.

Dead = condemned to death
Alive = not condemned to death.
Genesis and Romans 5:12 and 1 Cor ch15 and Eph ch2 all are very clear = Adam was created without sin

Once Adam sinned, all of Mankind died spiritually and needed Salvation.

Psalm 51
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

7Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8Make me hear joy and gladness,
That the bones You have broken may rejoice.
9Hide Your face from my sins,
And blot out all my iniquities.

10Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
13Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis and Romans 5:12 and 1 Cor ch15 and Eph ch2 all are very clear = Adam was created without sin
None of those passages say that Adam was without sin.
Once Adam sinned, all of Mankind died spiritually and needed Salvation.
No one dies spiritually. That isn't a Biblical idea.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a perfect statement!!!!

The Sons of God were created through the receiving of Gods Spirit, after the order of Jesus Christ.

Jesus was the first born, there were no sons of God prior to the gifting of the Holy Spirt.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TRUTH to Live By - Part 1
It is always best to believe God at His word.
Apart from that we are left with opinions that, because of sin, will cloud your mind.

SEE = Romans 5:12-14
"Therefore, just as through one man(Adam) sin entered the world,
and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
(For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses,
even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam,
who is a type of Him who was to come.

SEE = 1 Corinthians 15:21
For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die,

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TRUTH to Live By - Part 2

It is BEST to believe GOD at His Word
Apart from that we are left with opinions that, because of sin, will cloud your mind

We are all born into this world spiritually DEAD and BLIND to GOD.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

Ephesians 2:1-3
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

Psalm 51
Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
And in sin my mother conceived me.

Romans 5:12-14
and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
— Romans 8:14
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
— Romans 8:15-17

JESUS= FIRST TO CALL GOD FATHER!

Reactions: CadyandZoe

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUTH to Live By - Part 1
It is always best to believe God at His word.
Apart from that we are left with opinions that, because of sin, will cloud your mind.
I understand that.
SEE = Romans 5:12-14
and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
(For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses,
even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam,
who is a type of Him who was to come.

SEE = 1 Corinthians 15:21
For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die,
These passages prove that Adam was a sinner. They don't prove that Adam was created without sin.

Correct me if I am wrong, but your argument is this. Sin was not in the world until Adam sinned. Adam was created before Adam sinned. Therefore, Adam was created without sin.

I can definitely help you with that! Here's a clearer version of the text you provided:

My argument is this: God wanted Adam to know himself, so He placed a tree in the garden and commanded Adam to abstain from eating the fruit. However, Adam ate from the tree and showed that he was capable and willing to sin. Therefore, Adam was not created without sin.

The tree in question was called "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil". Its name indicated that consuming its fruit would bring wisdom to the one who ate it. As a matter of fact, eating from the tree exposed the true character of Adam and Eve. Both of them disobeyed God by eating from the tree, which revealed a crucial aspect of their personalities. Their decision to eat from the tree was indicative of their character. In this manner, they gained wisdom and learned something true about themselves. They were both sinners.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that.

These passages prove that Adam was a sinner. They don't prove that Adam was created without sin.

Correct me if I am wrong, but your argument is this. Sin was not in the world until Adam sinned. Adam was created before Adam sinned. Therefore, Adam was created without sin.

I can definitely help you with that! Here's a clearer version of the text you provided:

My argument is this: God wanted Adam to know himself, so He placed a tree in the garden and commanded Adam to abstain from eating the fruit. However, Adam ate from the tree and showed that he was capable and willing to sin. Therefore, Adam was not created without sin.

The tree in question was called "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil". Its name indicated that consuming its fruit would bring wisdom to the one who ate it. As a matter of fact, eating from the tree exposed the true character of Adam and Eve. Both of them disobeyed God by eating from the tree, which revealed a crucial aspect of their personalities. Their decision to eat from the tree was indicative of their character. In this manner, they gained wisdom and learned something true about themselves. They were both sinners.
@CadyandZoe says: "My argument is this: God wanted Adam to know himself, so He placed a tree in the garden and commanded Adam to abstain from eating the fruit. However, Adam ate from the tree and showed that he was capable and willing to sin. Therefore, Adam was not created without sin."

EXCELLENT thought process - now let's SEE what God says because your argument is noteworthy and God has His reply.

Hebrews 4:14-16
Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses,
but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Take this to the LORD in prayer and ask Him to increase your understanding (which is what i do - Psalm 51:6).
Then share with me in Light of this scripture and the others we have been looking at.

Peace and Blessing upon you Today in the LORD Jesus Christ = while it is still TODAY

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUTH to Live By - Part 2

It is BEST to believe GOD at His Word
Apart from that we are left with opinions that, because of sin, will cloud your mind

We are all born into this world spiritually DEAD and BLIND to GOD.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”
This passage proves that Jewish people had a blind spot about the kingdom of God and the role of Jesus Christ, which is healed after being reborn. It doesn't prove that every human being has this same blind spot or that human beings are naturally without the ability to be kind, generous, loving, faithful, charitable, and all other things associated with spirituality. Human beings aren't spiritually dead just as a person with a lack of sight isn't dead. Spiritual blindness is not spiritual deadness.

Ephesians 2:1-3
And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
Paul explains in this passage that the meaning of "dead" is not related to spiritual deadness or blindness. He first mentions that we were dead in our transgressions, and then he goes on to say that we were by nature children of wrath. In my opinion, these two ideas are essentially the same. Being "dead" in this context means being under God's wrath or condemnation.

I believe Paul is drawing from the Mt. Sinai covenant, which offers "life" to those who keep it and obey it. If someone is keeping the covenant, that person is "alive" with respect to the covenant. If a person is breaking the covenant, then that person is "dead" with respect to the covenant.

Consider Deuteronomy 5:33 where God promises Israel long life and prosperity in the land.
You shall walk in all the way which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you will possess.

This promise of life and prosperity was good for as long as Israel kept the covenant. Presumably, if Israel didn't keep the covenant, they would be "dead" with respect to the promise of life. Anyway, that's my speculation. But when Paul says "dead" in trespasses, he means, "under wrath."

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
— Romans 8:14
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
— Romans 8:15-17

JESUS= FIRST TO CALL GOD FATHER!
It appears that God declares some humans to be his sons, so I cannot argue from Genesis that angels mated with humans.