Who Are You at the Party?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets say we had a bunch of food, a lot of space and Christianity Board was an in-person social event that each member was invited to...

Who are you at the party?

Are you the one making small talk with all the guests?

Are you the one discussing eschatology one on one with someone over fruit punch?

Are you the one spiking the punch?

Are you nervously keeping to yourself?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At the party, if there are any cheetos or cheese puffs, Im avoiding the people eating them because some things just shouldn't be a thing.

With so many likeminded people, Im sure there will be plenty of good one on one conversations or debates amongs two or three. I prefer this over small talk.

Im diffusing tensions amongst others because its something ingrained in me from being the youngest in my family. Id say something funny, on purpose or not, the family would ease up on any tension and Id be happy.

My husband is bound to say something controversial and blunt. I just go with it these days. I try to accept him for who he is without disrespectfully trying to correct him in public.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Wynona,

Life is much different being there in real life. You know, would approach and say hello, and talk and enjoy the company of others, ive always been one to try to remember names as its important to the identy of the person. And over all just enjoy their time together, listen to the problems or issues they are having, and try to not make it to much about myself by asking them questions, as i dont suspect anyone has questions for me anyway.

Im probably a narrastic person though, am thankful for the Yahava and the Son of God who changes the lives of people around when they follow after the Spirit.

I know i remind God of how there are far more better christians than me but glad that he doesnt love one more than the other and simply desires for us to have faith and love him, and love others.

Thank you for the questions, @Wynona.

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was young at parties I would drink to excess to get myself to open, but it was a false opening.

I stopped drinking more than 40 years ago. Now if I open at all it is God that does the opening.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: MatthewG and Wynona

Orkan

Jan 30, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
I will be the one of the organizer of the party near the pool. Its an incredible experience anyway! Organizing a pool party was a remarkable success, and pool party flyers played a pivotal role! The vibrant and enticing designs immediately captured everyone's attention. By featuring colorful poolside scenes and lively graphics, the flyers radiated the fun and excitement of the upcoming event. The event's details, from date and time to special activities, were seamlessly incorporated, ensuring clear communication. The pool party flyers not only built anticipation but also effectively spread the word, resulting in a fantastic turnout. With the right blend of visual appeal and essential information, the pool party was a splash hit, creating lasting memories for all attendees.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would be the one holding a glass of tonic water - with a slice of lemon - and feeling that I don't fit in and hoping somebody would talk to me.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets say we had a bunch of food, a lot of space and Christianity Board was an in-person social event that each member was invited to...

Who are you at the party?

Are you the one making small talk with all the guests?

Are you the one discussing eschatology one on one with someone over fruit punch?

Are you the one spiking the punch?

Are you nervously keeping to yourself?
I'm the one off in the corner pretending to have sublime thoughts.