Who Do I Confess My Sins To?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The false gospel and false teachings and false traditions have never been able to live in Christ Jesus,

and they cannot forgive anyone's sins - they can though charge money ....
only to be met with rebukes such as...
But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
(Act 8:20)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, hardly ever any rebukes. How often have you or anyone ever seen someone rebuke a priest or bishop or pope ?

only to be met with rebukes such as...
But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
(Act 8:20)

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, hardly ever any rebukes. How often have you or anyone ever seen someone rebuke a priest or bishop or pope ?
Simon the sorceror was just too full of sacerdotalism. Instead of seeking forgiveness himself he says...
Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.
(Act 8:24)
...and this was after he supposedly believed...perhaps he was taken in by the miracles and signs like so many swooned by TV evangelists and their one trick pony shows...
Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.(Act 8:13)

Reactions: Joseph77

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, a straw man argument. right in your eyes you're blind, it is the church, for "WITHOUT ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING". that that include the apostles, LOL, LOL, LOL, John 15:4 "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
John 15:5 "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing". LOL, LOL, LOL, man oh man when will they ever learn.

now one more on your level of scripture, Matthew 10:19 "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Matthew 10:20 "For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you".
see how dumb that is trying to do something without the Spirit. NO, it's not you.... LOL. but God. U.... YOU are NOTHING when it comes to your sisters and brothers, there is NO RESPECT of .... person with God.

silly men try their best to try to have power over their brothers and sisters. leadership means the "FIRST" to "SERVE",

PICJAG.

In other words - you can't answer the question.
That's what I thought. You presented more Scriptural acrobatics that did nothing in the way of actually addressing the issue.

And NOBODY said that the Apostles were doing this "without" the Holy Spirit. Jesus breathed on them and gave them the Holy Spirit as He was giving them this power. Is there ANY anti-Catholic among you who can answer the questions brought up by myself and @Mungo regarding John 20:21-23??

ONE
more time . . .

John 20:21-23
Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send YOU ."
And when he had said this, he BREATHED on them and said to them, "Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins YOU FORGIVE are forgiven them, and whose sins YOU RETAIN are retained."

What did Jesus mean when He told this to the Apostles?
What did the Father send Him to do that He is now sending the Apostles to do??

And AGAIN - please leave out your Scriptural acrobatics and just explain this simple text.

Reactions: Mungo

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it has been address see post #50....
which if you would have read it, then you would't have aske the unbecoming question you has asked...

PICJAG.
Actually - I destroyed your response in post #51 because you were performing your Scriptural acrobatics instead of addressing what happened in the Upper Room.

I have asked TWO specific questions that you keep running from:
What did Jesus mean when He told this to the Apostles (John 20:21-23)?
What
did the Father send Him to do that He is now sending the Apostles to do??

If you can't give a direct answer - just admit it . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - I destroyed your response in post #51 because you were performing your Scriptural acrobatics instead of addressing what happened in the Upper Room.

I have asked TWO specific questions that you keep running from:
What did Jesus mean when He told this to the Apostles (John 20:21-23)?
What
did the Father send Him to do that He is now sending the Apostles to do??

If you can't give a direct answer - just admit it . . .
actually you did not but exposed yourself.

did I not answered, your question. ONCE again the instructions was for the BODY, not one or two individuals only. How ignorant. and they could only do this by the Spirit, and everyone in the body of Christ have the Spirit.

and #2. it's not you who do the works, nor speak, but he who is in you ... HE DO THE WORK. my God how hard is it to understand Truth.

HE DO THE WORKS, NOT YOU. IS THAT PLAIN ENOUGH?

Good day.

PICJAG.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you saying, now that the apostles have passed on, there is no forgiveness of sins?
Even John who you quoted from his writings in chap 20, wrote this as well...
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1Jn 1:9)

And Paul also wrote this...
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1Ti 2:5)...so there is no room for sacerdotalism.
Why would you ask the question in RED??
WHEN did I ever say that??

The office of Apostle was a successive one. We see this in Acts 1:210 when they gathered to choose a successor for Judas:
Acts 1:20

“For it is written in the Book of Psalms, “‘May his camp become desolate, and let there be no one to dwell in it’; and “‘Let another take his office.’

The Greek word used here for "Office" is "Episkopay" - which means "BISHOPRIC."
"Let another take his BISHOPRIC".

As for 1 Tim. 2:5 - you've missed the point. Jesus IS our only Mediator - in that only HIS sacrifice brings peace between us and the Father.
While His sacrifice on our behalf is eternally present before the Father, is our priest, our intercessor, our mediator before the Father in a special sense – we are ALL called to be priests, mediators and intercessors.

Paul is emphatic about our intercessory function in 1 Tim. 2:1–2, when he says, “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions.”
In 1 Cor. 12:12-20, he tells us that we are all parts of the same Body of Christ that support each other.

James tells us to pray for one another (James 5:16).
Why would he and Paul do this if we are NOT to intercede??

Finally - WHY was Paul "forgiving sins" in the community of the Corinthians on THEIR behalf (2 Cor. 5:18-20) - in the PERSON OF CHRIST (2 Cor. 2:10) if this was NOT an Apostolic power granted by Christ??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

did I not answered, your question. ONCE again the instructions was for the BODY, not one or two individuals only. How ignorant. and they could only do this by the Spirit, and everyone in the body of Christ have the Spirit.

and #2. it's not you who do the works, nor speak, but he who is in you ... HE DO THE WORK. my God how hard is it to understand Truth.
Good day.
PICJAG.
WRONG.

A little hermeneutical rule:
When Christ addresses the crowds - He is addressing ALL of us.
when He instructs His inner circle - He is addressing the LEADERS of His Church.

Christ did NOT give this power to the crowds but ONLY to the leaders of His Church in the Upper room - His Ministerial Priests.
Paul makes this BLINDINGLY clear in 2 Cor. 5:18-20 where he writes:
“And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given US the ministry of reconciliation, namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to US the message of reconciliation. So WE are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through US. WE implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”

Notice the use of the words "WE" and "US". This is NOT referring to ALL Christians - but to the leadership to whom this power was given.
This is the same "US" that he speaks of in many of His letters, including here in 2 Thess. 2:15 . . .
2 Thess 2:15

"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an oral statement or by a letter from US."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How often have you or anyone ever seen someone rebuke a priest or bishop or pope ?
The Catholic Church believes in sweeping all their clerical sins under the rug, after which they are smug.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Good day.

PICJAG.
work to make your calling and election sure

howya been, g?

do any of you guys even ever crack a Bible?

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The false gospel and false teachings and false traditions have never been able to live in Christ Jesus,
and they cannot forgive anyone's sins - they can though charge money ....
The Catholic Church doesn't "charge" for forgiving sins.
Who told you this nonsense?

God DOES, however, hate lies and banishes liars from His kingdom (Rev. 21:8. Rev. 22:15).
Good luck with that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church believes in sweeping all their clerical sins under the rug, after which they are smug.
Oh, and the Protestant sects NEVER do that.
Clean up your own back yard before you go around pointing fingers . . .

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The office of Apostle was a successive one. We see this in Acts 1:210 when they gathered to choose a successor for Judas:

“For it is written in the Book of Psalms, “‘May his camp become desolate, and let there be no one to dwell in it’; and “‘Let another take his office.’

As for 1 Tim. 2:5 - you've missed the point. Jesus IS our only Mediator - in that only HIS sacrifice brings peace between us and the Father.
While His sacrifice on our behalf is eternally present before the Father, is our priest, our intercessor, our mediator before the Father in a special sense – we are ALL called to be priests, mediators and intercessors.

Paul is emphatic about our intercessory function in 1 Tim. 2:1–2, when he says, “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions.”
In 1 Cor. 12:12-20, he tells us that we are all parts of the same Body of Christ that support each other.

Finally - WHY was Paul "forgiving sins" in the community of the Corinthians on THEIR behalf (2 Cor. 5:18-20) - in the PERSON OF CHRIST (2 Cor. 2:10) if this was NOT an Apostolic power granted by Christ??

Look at Post #59. I never posted it in red.

You forgot to read on, there are further qualifications to be an Apostle...
For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take. Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
(Act 1:20-22)

And John?...
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
(1Jn 1:9)
There is another way to be absolved other than private absolution from another sinner pretending to have a one-upmanship on God's flock.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And who is the subject in 1john1:9 that we confess our sins to and who is faithfull and just and will forgive us our sins?
well i don't know, "to Him" is not in There, 1 John 1:9 Lexicon: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. , except maybe in English, and dont get me wrong ok, you can confess to Whomever you like Windmillcharge, and even confidently teach others to do the same if you want to, but wadr your "nevermindthatwhataboutthis" thing is not going to make confess your sins, one to another go away?

But i guess it does preserve the ego prolly, yeh? So bam sin against men, and confess to Yah if you like, i'm not meaning to imply that i'm any better or anything ok, i might even be worse, i know the Scripture and i'm still an egomaniac lol.
Confess your sins, one to another is just a suggestion then, ok?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There is another way to be absolved other than private absolution from another sinner pretending to have a one-upmanship on God's flock.
jesus already, what a cluster you got there man
is it really so hard to confess to the one sinned against, right out in public?
Fwiw only around Christians, who will invariably rip you to shreds lol

you wanna find out what company you are in? Confess some sin out loud imo
This was a total breach of confidentiality.
^
you might ask yourself why you seek "confidentiality" anyway sir, and best of luck to you ok

Last edited: