Who do you think will win Trump or Biden or Kanye?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who will win Trump or Biden or Kanye?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Kanye West

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The DNC platform advocates the use of stem cells from abortions as a resource. The GOP platform is this is unethical. The Trump Administration banned the use of fetal tissue in research.

I do not know where President Trump personally stands on the topic. He is pragmatic (perhaps more than ethical) do I would not hazard a guess.
Why would the Trump administration be funding it then?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They wouldn't stand a chance, Josho. This country is way too polarized, and it's sad to say, but most Americans don't think for themselves either. They are too easily manipulated by the media and pubic opinion, on all things, not just politics.

But the thing is they could, if more jumped behind a minor party, every vote counts.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is interesting -

The Democrats have accused Trump of attacking our health care system for banning fetal tissue research.

The Washington Post condemned Trump's ban on fetal stem cell research as possibly preventing a cure for COVID-19.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where Politics Trumps Science: Ban On Federal Funding Of Research Using Fetal Tissue

Trump administration halts fetal-tissue research by government scientists

A Bulwark against Trump's Stem Cell Ban

Apparently the Trump Administration is not funding fetal stem cell research.

Where do you find that the Trump Administration is funding any type of fetal tissue or fetal stem cell research?
I do not see where he did that.
Perhaps you missed this post? Let me repeat it:

Are you aware that the Trump administration gave money to a research project which uses cells obtained by abortion to make vaccines?

Abortion opponents protest COVID-19 vaccines’ use of fetal cells

Senior Catholic leaders in the United States and Canada, along with other antiabortion groups, are raising ethical objections to promising COVID-19 vaccine candidates that are manufactured using cells derived from human fetuses electively aborted decades ago. They have not sought to block government funding for the vaccines, which include two candidate vaccines that the Trump administration plans to support with an investment of up to $1.7 billion, as well as a third candidate made by a Chinese company in collaboration with Canada’s National Research Council (NRC). But they are urging funders and policymakers to ensure that companies develop other vaccines that do not rely on such human fetal cell lines and, in the United States, asking the government to “incentivize” firms to only make vaccines that don’t rely on fetal cells.
Is the coronavirus vaccine made from fetal cell lines?

Vaccines use a weakened version of a disease, grown in laboratory cell lines, in order to inoculate someone against the disease. With some common vaccines, such as those used to fight chicken pox and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), the cell lines of babies who were aborted decades ago are used to grow the weakened diseases.

This is also reportedly the case with some coronavirus vaccines in development, such as one worked on by the University of Oxford and Astrazeneca, which relies on the HEK-239 cell lines from a baby aborted in the Netherlands in the 1970s. That program is also being funded by the Trump administration's "Operation Warp Speed."

Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you missed this post? Let me repeat it:

Are you aware that the Trump administration gave money to a research project which uses cells obtained by abortion to make vaccines?

Abortion opponents protest COVID-19 vaccines’ use of fetal cells

Senior Catholic leaders in the United States and Canada, along with other antiabortion groups, are raising ethical objections to promising COVID-19 vaccine candidates that are manufactured using cells derived from human fetuses electively aborted decades ago. They have not sought to block government funding for the vaccines, which include two candidate vaccines that the Trump administration plans to support with an investment of up to $1.7 billion, as well as a third candidate made by a Chinese company in collaboration with Canada’s National Research Council (NRC). But they are urging funders and policymakers to ensure that companies develop other vaccines that do not rely on such human fetal cell lines and, in the United States, asking the government to “incentivize” firms to only make vaccines that don’t rely on fetal cells.
Is the coronavirus vaccine made from fetal cell lines?

Vaccines use a weakened version of a disease, grown in laboratory cell lines, in order to inoculate someone against the disease. With some common vaccines, such as those used to fight chicken pox and measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR), the cell lines of babies who were aborted decades ago are used to grow the weakened diseases.

This is also reportedly the case with some coronavirus vaccines in development, such as one worked on by the University of Oxford and Astrazeneca, which relies on the HEK-239 cell lines from a baby aborted in the Netherlands in the 1970s. That program is also being funded by the Trump administration's "Operation Warp Speed."
From the article:

"The Trump administration has restricted the use of human fetal tissue from elective abortions in biomedical research. One year ago, it adopted a policy that forbids researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) from using fetal tissue from elective abortions in their studies. And it imposed an extra layer of review on non-NIH scientists seeking agency funding to do research using such tissue. But the policy did not stop either group from using decades-old fetal cell lines like HEK-293 and PER.C6."

We were speaking past each other. My issue is abortion, not the use of stem cells harvested decades ago. I understand the ethical dilemma, but frankly am not interested in that debate. My concern is with the killing of babies.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... My concern is with the killing of babies.

But you don't understand. Accusations of "hypocrisy" ARE WORSE than murdering innocent children. And so we must vote for people who OPENLY murder children versus those we accuse of "HYPOCRISY".

Now do you understand? :confused:
Bobby Jo

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now that Bernie Sanders is out of the way, it's the battle of the grandpas, who do you think will win Trump or Biden?

A bit of a fun article here.
The Bidens Still Don't Know How Many Grandchildren They Have

I can tell you what will happen if Biden is elected president. Biden will be a lame-duck President and at the first opportunity he will be "retired" and Kamala Harris will take over the Presidency and put in place the radical agenda of the Democrats and try and turn America into a Marxist government.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would the Trump administration be funding it then?

Same reason under any Administration, the House Committee's for funding Appropraitions take advisements, from health science experts to develop, the never ending, people begging for Vaccines for illnesses.

Where have you been? that you are uninformed of how the Government has been Operating for Decades?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can tell you what will happen if Biden is elected president. Biden will be a lame-duck President and at the first opportunity he will be "retired" and Kamala Harris will take over the Presidency and put in place the radical agenda of the Democrats and try and turn America into a Marxist government.

See post #759, God can change her. ;)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See post #759, God can change her. ;)

Yes he can:

Rev. 18:5 for her sins are heaped high as heaven,
and God has remembered her iniquities.
6 Render to her as she herself has rendered,
and repay her double for her deeds;
mix a double draught for her in the cup she mixed.
7 As she glorified herself and played the wanton,
so give her a like measure of torment and mourning.
Since in her heart she says, ‘A queen I sit,
I am no widow, mourning I shall never see,’
8 so shall her plagues come in a single day,
pestilence and mourning and famine,
and she shall be burned with fire;
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.”

... and this isn't for M. Obama herself, but simply what she and her fellow ilk represent as "government". But she PERSONALLY is identified differently than her husband, who will be driven to bankruptcy and an early grave; than her daughters who will wander begging in the streets, driven from "shelter", and childless; and her In-Laws whose sins will be remembered before the LORD. And so M. Obama is merely cited as being a widow. (Ref. Psalms 109.)

So yeah, thing will change quite dramatically for M. Obama, and seemingly not a pleasant "Hope & Change".
Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the article:

"The Trump administration has restricted the use of human fetal tissue from elective abortions in biomedical research. One year ago, it adopted a policy that forbids researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) from using fetal tissue from elective abortions in their studies. And it imposed an extra layer of review on non-NIH scientists seeking agency funding to do research using such tissue. But the policy did not stop either group from using decades-old fetal cell lines like HEK-293 and PER.C6."

We were speaking past each other. My issue is abortion, not the use of stem cells harvested decades ago. I understand the ethical dilemma, but frankly am not interested in that debate. My concern is with the killing of babies.
It seems that the articles that reported it as a "ban" were mistaken. It seems the Washington Post's article was also based on partial information since this administration is funding that kind of research.

The question I have to try to answer for myself is how can I be against abortion if I benefit from it? At first, I told myself, "The harm's already been done -- so if good can come from using stem cells, why not?" When I thought more about it, I came around to my sister's way of thinking -- how long ago the abortion was doesn't really matter.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you don't understand. Accusations of "hypocrisy" ARE WORSE than murdering innocent children. And so we must vote for people who OPENLY murder children versus those we accuse of "HYPOCRISY".

Now do you understand? :confused:
Bobby Jo
Deal with the fact that the Trump administration is giving money to researchers who use cells obtained by abortion. If you want a vaccine made that way, I can't stop you wanting it. I don't.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that the articles that reported it as a "ban" were mistaken. It seems the Washington Post's article was also based on partial information since this administration is funding that kind of research.

The question I have to try to answer for myself is how can I be against abortion if I benefit from it? At first, I told myself, "The harm's already been done -- so if good can come from using stem cells, why not?" When I thought more about it, I came around to my sister's way of thinking -- how long ago the abortion was doesn't really matter.
I'm not sure. The article you posted stated the same thing. I think it has to do with federal funding, but am not sure.

I am undecided on the use of old stem cells. In a way it is the same as using body parts from Nazi victims for study, which may be unethical. In another it is material from a crime that has already been committed by someone else.

It would make for an interesting discussion on ethics.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deal with the fact that the Trump administration is giving money to researchers who use cells obtained by abortion. ...

Deal with the fact that Trump put a STOP to any future use of murdered children in medical research, and focus on calling him a HYPOCRITE -- as though we should VOTE for politicians who PROMOTE murdering children.

Good Call,
Bobby Jo

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deal with the fact that Trump put a STOP to any future use of murdered children in medical research, and focus on calling him a HYPOCRITE -- as though we should VOTE for politicians who PROMOTE murdering children.

Good Call,
Bobby Jo
You got things all mixed up. I'm sorry but I can't take your mixture of craziness, ignorance and rudeness anymore not to mention your obsessiveness. Sorry, but I will be ignoring you for a while. Post away, but don't expect answers from me.