Who do you think will win Trump or Biden or Kanye?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who will win Trump or Biden or Kanye?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Kanye West

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vermont GOP governor says he won't vote for Trump

Republican Gov. Phil Scott of Vermont said Friday he will not be voting for President Trump in the 2020 White House race and would consider backing former Vice President Joe Biden, the Democratic Party’s nominee.

Scott, a vocal critic of the White House who previously said he didn’t vote for Trump in 2016, said at a press conference he’s been “quite adamant in not supporting the president” and affirming “I won't be voting for President Trump.”

The Vermont Republican had also said earlier this year that Trump “shouldn’t be in office,” and he supported House Democrats’ impeachment proceedings against him in 2019.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone finally got around to polling Louisiana. Trafalagar Group's poll has Trump at 54% and Biden at 38%. Now you know why there's not that many polls there. It's a foregone conclusion Trump will win there. He did lose some support since he won there in 2016 by 19.6% and is ahead in this poll by 16%. That loss is smaller than I expected since it's averaging over 10.5% in most of the other deep red states. You can see that with only 8% of the people remaining undecided, Trump wouldn't need any of them to win there since he's already over the magic 50% mark. Don't expect to see Biden putting much effort into winning in Louisiana. Trump doesn't need to either.

Estimated electoral votes: Biden 338, Trump 200. And Trump says the only way Democrats can win is if the election is rigged? C'mon, Mr. President. You know that ain't so. Who are you trying to kid? It might be true that the only way Trump can win is if he can rig the vote.

It doesn't look like trying to rig it by interfering with the post office is going to work for Trump. I think maybe the postmaster general is afraid of going to jail if he does a bad job at getting the mail delivered. There are already people annoyed by how the postal system's been played with. Some veterans got their medication late. I read about a farmer who orders baby chicks by mail -- and the mail was so slow, all the chicks were dead when they arrived.. She said that had never happened before. I can't imagine her voting for Trump. Then the postal workers union voted to endorse Biden -- is anyone surprised?

A war might help too. It would have to be a war with a little country, one the US could win fast and easy. No, not Grenada. Reagan already did Grenada. That was wildly popular too. After Vietnam, Americans felt it was great to see the US win a war again. I heard an expert on China speculating that Trump might pick a military confrontation in the South China Sea. That could be dangerous, so I don't think so. There are many possibilities; but if I had to pick one, I'd pick a country where Iran is supporting armed militias. Would he dare bomb Iran?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Twitter was buzzing over Donald Trump Jr.'s speech. I'd heard an excerpt on the radio and thought his speech pattern was odd. Then when I watched part of it, I think I got why people were saying he was on coke. Look at his eyes. Uh. Listen to the exaggerated speech pattern. I'd say he has dry mouth too and was having trouble forming his words. He also has a facial tic -- see how mouth doesn't open evenly, one side of it is dragged lower than the other. I would never have thought it.

Not sure if his girlfriend was on coke too. Her eyes weren't as strange as his, but her facial expressions looked weird.

I found both of them annoying in tone. It might fly well with Trump supporters, but I can't see their kind of anger and fear-mongering convincing undecided voters to go for Trump. I could be wrong, but I think most Americans are tired of this kind of angry rhetoric.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it just me or have the Democrats got nuffin... What's their plan, their goals, their vision for America?
Trumps is clear MAGA... The only thing the dem's seem to have is orange man bad and it's a poor very poor

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it just me or have the Democrats got nuffin... What's their plan, their goals, their vision for America?
Trumps is clear MAGA... The only thing the dem's seem to have is orange man bad and it's a poor very poor
Y
Biden gave four areas he thought needed sorted out; and he also gave some of his other plans. What is the Trump agenda for the next four years? Just "more of the same" I guess, whatever Trump wants to do on the spur of the moment. The Republicans don't even have a party platform. The National Review is a conservative site, by the way:

Republican Party Platform Should Be More than President Trump | National Review

he Republican Party should stand for something. How can the party ask voters to give it the power to act on its principles and policies if it can’t be bothered to say what they are?

To be sure, the platforms of modern American political parties are often intensively negotiated word salads read only by the party’s enemies. In 2016, the Republican platform’s language about Ukraine kicked up a campaign controversy and was dragged into investigations for no good reason. Moreover, the in-person meetings that usually produce the platform could not be held during a pandemic. Still, the Democrats churned out both a 92-page formal party platform and a 110-page statement of recommendations issued by the Biden–Sanders unity task force. There is little doubt that the Democrats have a very long list of things they wish to do with power, and the will to make them happen.

President Trump’s Second Term Agenda.” It is better understood as a series of aspirations, with little sense of how the powers of government might plausibly be used to achieve any of these goals. Thus, we are told, a reelected Trump would “Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months,” “Return to Normal in 2021,” “Cut Prescription Drug Prices,” “Protect Social Security and Medicare,” “Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans,” and “Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans.” How are voters supposed to evaluate a fuzzy and stilted pledge such as “Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens”?

Other promises involve issues that might be suitable for a party platform, but not a presidential agenda, such as “End Cashless Bail” or “Teach American Exceptionalism.” There is one genuinely interesting promise — to “Provide School Choice to Every Child in America” — but there has been little indication from the White House of how that might be done. More, please.

Meanwhile, there is no mention of human life, religious liberty, the courts, or other issues of great importance to many Republican voters.

I laughed at "return to normal." LIfe hasn't been normal since he took office.

No clue how he plans to create 10 million jobs after he gets elected again -- why wait so long, why not start creating them now?

The promise to cut prescription costs? I thought he already signed an executive to do that -- it didn't do anything, though.

Protecting Social Security? He said he wanted to eliminate contributions in payroll taxes from both employers and employees to the trust fund. Where's the money for that going to come from?

Who are the global terrorists he's talking about?

It would be nice if the Republicans put together a platform for Republicans everywhere to run on. Right now, there are some very strange Republicans running. It also would help Trump know what's possible and what's not -- a President needs the support of his own party to get things down. His failure to consult Republicans has hampered him at times. When Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, they wouldn't give him the money to build the wall on the border with Mexico.

His MAGA promise doesn't impress many. The country is in tatters. What did he mean by that anyway? The US had the number one economy when he took office. China is fast overtaking us. They had coronavirus, remember? They had economic problems, remember? Their economy is rebounding faster than ours -- so Trump can't put the blame for his failures in the health and economic areas. His administration is so inept, it sent out checks to dead people. Yeah, giving dead people money should stimulate the economy.

Then there's Trump promise to make suburbia safe; and the gun-wielding couple who pointed their guns at black protesters repeated the idea that he'd make the suburbs safe again. Uh, sounds like racism to me. I know lots of people took it that way. Lots of black people took it that way. So did some whites. I think Trump wanted whites in suburbia to take it that way. That's a lost cause. Most people in suburbia don't care about race anymore.

A huge problem is looming. If not fixed soon, expect to see it in the news. Trump also promised to handle the problems of evictions. Lots of people are out of jobs, unable to pay their rent or mortgages. The evictions have already started. He issued some kind of "executive orders" about it, but nothing's happening. I don't know what's going on. I don't think the bureaucrats know. Certainly renters and homeowners facing eviction don't. It's been two weeks since he signed the executive orders, and nothing's happened. One estimate is that 30 to 40 million people face eviction. I imagine some of those, perhaps more than half, could go live with friends or family; but it's going to be a massive problem if something is not done fast.

I won't face eviction since I own my house; but I own stock in companies that deal with mortgages. If something isn't done, a lot of mortgage companies and banks are going to be hurt too. I could have sold that stock months ago -- and would have if I knew it was going to be like this. The price of the stocks now are down; and they could go down more, they could even go to zero. I can afford to lose that money -- I'll get by. The potential of massive homeless bothers me more. How will those people get by? How can they get jobs if they don't have a place to live?

I don't hear Democrats talking about it either. Both parties seem more interested in their conventions and putting on a good show. Congress should be in session and Trump needs to be cooperating with them to find a solution. It's not even clear that his executive orders are legal. He may need a law from Congress; but both parties seem not to care. If lots of people lose their homes, Trump will get most of the blame. That's the way it works; and he should know that and be motivated to tackle the problem realistically even that means working with the Democrats.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Y
Biden gave four areas he thought needed sorted out; and he also gave some of his other plans. What is the Trump agenda for the next four years? Just "more of the same" I guess, whatever Trump wants to do on the spur of the moment. The Republicans don't even have a party platform. The National Review is a conservative site, by the way:

Republican Party Platform Should Be More than President Trump | National Review

he Republican Party should stand for something. How can the party ask voters to give it the power to act on its principles and policies if it can’t be bothered to say what they are?

To be sure, the platforms of modern American political parties are often intensively negotiated word salads read only by the party’s enemies. In 2016, the Republican platform’s language about Ukraine kicked up a campaign controversy and was dragged into investigations for no good reason. Moreover, the in-person meetings that usually produce the platform could not be held during a pandemic. Still, the Democrats churned out both a 92-page formal party platform and a 110-page statement of recommendations issued by the Biden–Sanders unity task force. There is little doubt that the Democrats have a very long list of things they wish to do with power, and the will to make them happen.

President Trump’s Second Term Agenda.” It is better understood as a series of aspirations, with little sense of how the powers of government might plausibly be used to achieve any of these goals. Thus, we are told, a reelected Trump would “Create 10 Million New Jobs in 10 Months,” “Return to Normal in 2021,” “Cut Prescription Drug Prices,” “Protect Social Security and Medicare,” “Wipe Out Global Terrorists Who Threaten to Harm Americans,” and “Partner with Other Nations to Clean Up our Planet’s Oceans.” How are voters supposed to evaluate a fuzzy and stilted pledge such as “Drain the Globalist Swamp by Taking on International Organizations That Hurt American Citizens”?

Other promises involve issues that might be suitable for a party platform, but not a presidential agenda, such as “End Cashless Bail” or “Teach American Exceptionalism.” There is one genuinely interesting promise — to “Provide School Choice to Every Child in America” — but there has been little indication from the White House of how that might be done. More, please.

Meanwhile, there is no mention of human life, religious liberty, the courts, or other issues of great importance to many Republican voters.

I laughed at "return to normal." LIfe hasn't been normal since he took office.

No clue how he plans to create 10 million jobs after he gets elected again -- why wait so long, why not start creating them now?

The promise to cut prescription costs? I thought he already signed an executive to do that -- it didn't do anything, though.

Protecting Social Security? He said he wanted to eliminate contributions in payroll taxes from both employers and employees to the trust fund. Where's the money for that going to come from?

Who are the global terrorists he's talking about?

It would be nice if the Republicans put together a platform for Republicans everywhere to run on. Right now, there are some very strange Republicans running. It also would help Trump know what's possible and what's not -- a President needs the support of his own party to get things down. His failure to consult Republicans has hampered him at times. When Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, they wouldn't give him the money to build the wall on the border with Mexico.

His MAGA promise doesn't impress many. The country is in tatters. What did he mean by that anyway? The US had the number one economy when he took office. China is fast overtaking us. They had coronavirus, remember? They had economic problems, remember? Their economy is rebounding faster than ours -- so Trump can't put the blame for his failures in the health and economic areas. His administration is so inept, it sent out checks to dead people. Yeah, giving dead people money should stimulate the economy.

Then there's Trump promise to make suburbia safe; and the gun-wielding couple who pointed their guns at black protesters repeated the idea that he'd make the suburbs safe again. Uh, sounds like racism to me. I know lots of people took it that way. Lots of black people took it that way. So did some whites. I think Trump wanted whites in suburbia to take it that way. That's a lost cause. Most people in suburbia don't care about race anymore.

A huge problem is looming. If not fixed soon, expect to see it in the news. Trump also promised to handle the problems of evictions. Lots of people are out of jobs, unable to pay their rent or mortgages. The evictions have already started. He issued some kind of "executive orders" about it, but nothing's happening. I don't know what's going on. I don't think the bureaucrats know. Certainly renters and homeowners facing eviction don't. It's been two weeks since he signed the executive orders, and nothing's happened. One estimate is that 30 to 40 million people face eviction. I imagine some of those, perhaps more than half, could go live with friends or family; but it's going to be a massive problem if something is not done fast.

I won't face eviction since I own my house; but I own stock in companies that deal with mortgages. If something isn't done, a lot of mortgage companies and banks are going to be hurt too. I could have sold that stock months ago -- and would have if I knew it was going to be like this. The price of the stocks now are down; and they could go down more, they could even go to zero. I can afford to lose that money -- I'll get by. The potential of massive homeless bothers me more. How will those people get by? How can they get jobs if they don't have a place to live?

I don't hear Democrats talking about it either. Both parties seem more interested in their conventions and putting on a good show. Congress should be in session and Trump needs to be cooperating with them to find a solution. It's not even clear that his executive orders are legal. He may need a law from Congress; but both parties seem not to care. If lots of people lose their homes, Trump will get most of the blame. That's the way it works; and he should know that and be motivated to tackle the problem realistically even that means working with the Democrats.

Fair enough... I only see snippets here and there...
Americans do like to put on a good show but...:D
All the hype leading up to the election is pretty insane...

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fair enough... I only see snippets here and there...
Americans do like to put on a good show but...:D
All the hype leading up to the election is pretty insane...
The comedy continues. The RNC said they'll be using the 2016 party platform for 2020.

Story here: RNC moves to keep 2016 platform intact through 2024, controversies and all

Part of that platform reads -- taken out of context!

2016 Republican Party Platform | The American Presidency Project

Our economy has become unnecessarily weak with stagnant wages. People living paycheck to paycheck are struggling, sacrificing, and suffering.

Americans have earned and deserve a strong and healthy economy.

Our standing in world affairs has declined significantly — our enemies no longer fear us and our friends no long trust us.

People want and expect an America that is the most powerful and respected country on the face of the earth.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe others didn't laugh, but I found this funny.

Law and order are on the ballot? We won't be safe in Joe Biden's America? I burst out laughing. Law and order have broken down under Trump. Many people, including Trump supporters, don't feel that safe in Trump's America.

Pence's implying Biden wants to defund the police was also laughable since Biden said he's not in favor of that.

Yeah, about that law and order. . . . Did you hear that the McCloskeys -- you know the man and woman who pointed guns at protesters -- don't always pay their taxes?

McCloskeys owe nearly $25,000 in unpaid property taxes

Mark and Patricia McCloskey owe nearly $25,000 in St. Louis property taxes, online documentation shows.

The Central West End couple was criminally charged last month after pointing guns at protesters who were marching in their neighborhood. Photos of the altercation went viral, and eventually caught the eye of President Trump, who invited them to a virtual campaign event. They'll also be speaking at the Republican National Convention next week.

The couple owes the back taxes for their office building on Lindell Boulevard.

City Assessor Michael Dauphin said the couple filed an appeal of the city's assessed value for their home and office this year, but both were denied. They have not appealed that denial. They do not owe any back taxes on their home.

Dauphin said the city is unlikely to take action against the McCloskeys because serious enforcement usually begins in the third year of past due taxes.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A recent poll by YouGov says Trump's law and order strategy is not working.

Trump’s Law And Order Message Isn’t Resonating With Most Americans

According to a YouGov survey on Wednesday, 56 percent of adults said that the violence happening at protests would get worse if Trump were reelected this November. Fifteen percent thought the violence would stay at similar levels, while 18 percent thought it would improve (11 percent said they didn’t know). Conversely, 43 percent thought protest violence would get better if Joe Biden won, and just 23 percent thought it would worsen. Somewhat similarly, 50 percent of likely voters told Quinnipiac University this week that they felt less safe with Trump as president, compared with 35 percent who said they felt safer. These voters were more split on Biden, however: 42 percent said they’d feel safer with Biden in the White House, and 40 percent said they’d feel less safe. Regarding Trump’s and Biden’s rhetoric on the protests, ABC News/Ipsos survey found that 55 percent of Americans thought Trump’s statements made things worse, while about half the country (49 percent) thought Biden’s statements didn’t have much effect either way.
Biden also fares better with voters when it comes how they think he'll handle race relations.

In this week’s Quinnipiac poll, 58 percent of likely voters said Biden would handle the issue of racial inequality better, compared with 36 percent who said Trump would fare better. A new CNN/SSRS poll found a similar breakdown — 56 percent of registered voters said Biden, and 38 percent said Trump. According to Morning Consult’s new survey, 51 percent said Biden would do a better job handling race relations versus 32 percent who said Trump; 47 percent said that Biden would better handle public safety versus 39 percent who said Trump would. According to the ABC News/Ipsos poll, 56 percent and 55 percent of Americans thought Biden would do a better job keeping their families and the country safe, respectively, compared with 42 percent for Trump on both questions. Even on an issue that might fold in better with Trump’s law-and-order messaging, 51 percent of registered voters told CNN/SSRS that Biden would do a better job dealing with the criminal justice system, compared with 44 percent who said Trump would. CNN/SSRS also found that 56 percent thought Biden stood a better chance of unifying the country and not dividing it, while just 36 percent thought Trump stood a better chance. ABC News/Ipsos found an even larger split: 64 percent of Americans said Biden would do more to unite the country than divide it, while only 33 percent said the same of Trump.
I'm wondering how Trump's alleged remarks about the soldiers being "suckers" will play out in the polls.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Defund cops
Destroy inner cities
Praise criminals while attacking law abiding citizens
Blame everyone else when they get caught doing something wrong

just a few I have witnessed the past few months

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kanye narrowly missed the deadline to be put on the ballot in Wisconsin.

Kanye West loses Wisconsin ballot fight by mere seconds
I don't think it matters. West is getting the PR he wants. If he had run, he wouldn't have done as well as Jill Stein did in 2016. Now if Trump could have bribed Stein to run, that might have worked. She was a major reason Trump won the two key states of Wisconsin and Michigan in 2016.

Trump's victory margin smaller than total Stein votes in key swing states

In two key states that President-elect Donald Trump won, his margin of victory was smaller than the total number of votes for Green Party nominee Jill Stein.

In Michigan, Trump defeated Democrat Hillary Clinton by 10,704 votes, while Stein got 51,463 votes, according to current totals on the state’s official website.

And in Wisconsin, Trump’s margin over Clinton was 22,177, while Stein garnered 31,006 votes.

In Pennsylvania, meanwhile, Stein’s total of 49,485 votes was just slightly smaller than Trump’s victory margin of 67,416 votes, according to the state’s latest numbers.

So Trump wound up winning in Wisconsin with a 0.77% advantage and Michigan 0.23%. Things are grim now for Trump in both states. Biden is at 49.6% and Trump 43.3% in Wisconsin with 7.1% still sitting on the fence. You can see the problem: Biden needs only a tiny fraction of those undecideds to go his way while Trump would need almost all of them. It's not quite as grim in Michigan where it's Biden 47.8% and Trump 43.6%. Trump would still need a lot more of the undecideds to go his way -- and that's improbable.

I heard most of Trump's speech in Nevada. Biden is ahead there too now; but there are a lot of undecided voters, and Biden's lead isn't that big. Theoretically Trump could win in Nevada, but it's not very probable. It doesn't have many votes in the electoral college, but Trump's chances of winning there are better than in Wisconsin.

I'm not as interested in this election as I was in the 2016. Something really dramatic would have to happen for Trump to win at this point. You need 270 electoral votes to win and Biden has strong leads in states that give him 267 with 86 leaning his way. Trump has strong leads in states that give him only 110 electoral votes with 75 leaning his way.

I think Trump knows he's going to lose; and the usual Republican donors know it and aren't giving his campaign as much money as they did in 2016. It's mostly a dog-and-pony show at this point. Yes, I think Kanye West is part of the melodrama. He was never serious -- if he had been, he would have gotten his paperwork filed on time.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump's answer to climate change? "It'll get cooler. You just watch." I wonder if the Biden campaign will make campaign ad out of that?
It reminded me of how he said the coronavirus would be miraculously gone by April.

Then he was talking about "explosive trees." I've no idea what he meant.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Trump's answer to climate change? "It'll get cooler. You just watch." I wonder if the Biden campaign will make campaign ad out of that?
It reminded me of how he said the coronavirus would be miraculously gone by April.

Then he was talking about "explosive trees." I've no idea what he meant.

Lol, hopefully he gives the credit to God if it does miraculously disappear.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well here's a good move by Trump.
Is it? Why now? Why didn't he do this a long time when people were losing their healthcare?

It covers only children "born alive"? What if an unborn baby needs medical care? Hmmm.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Is it? Why now? Why didn't he do this a long time when people were losing their healthcare?

It covers only children "born alive"? What if an unborn baby needs medical care? Hmmm.

Well it's better than nothing. Depending on who gets the job in the Supreme Court, we could see more being done to protect and look after the unborn babies.

39 days to go until the US election. Might take quite a bit longer to find out the final result though.