Who do you think will win Trump or Biden or Kanye?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who will win Trump or Biden or Kanye?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Kanye West

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not on social media so I can't say I've seen anything like that. I have read though that Twitter and Facebook were banning lots of accounts that looked like foreign attempts to affect the election. Other than that, I can't say much.

If it's true, I'd lay part of the responsibility at Trump's door for failing to appoint members to the FEC in a timely manner. The last I knew they lack enough members to take active steps against anyone. The members can issue statements but they lack enforcement powers.

Story here: FEC departure leaves campaign finance watchdog hamstrung ahead of 2020

The election laws and regulations need revising, that's for sure. There are other ways foreign money can be laundered because of how easy to register dummy companies in the US, send them money and then they send it to PACs.

A woman I was dating over ten years ago has an adult son who was actually a guru about these sorts of things. He and a buddy (also very tech savvy) built programs that could actually respond to someone with text messages that made you believe that you were actually talking to a real person. Kinda good at it too.
Those programs and a VPN and it's almost impossible to tell the difference. If you had a Twitter account or youtube or Facebook... you probably would have a few virtual friends.

Reactions: Giuliano

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He said Gossip fest.... old worn out tactic!

Can anyone speak for themselves Giuliano?

Fact gathering not your forte'?

Thousands of fetus' have for years been Aborted and their remains preserved for Use in Research tests.

How do you go from remains used IN Research testing TO remains used IN Treatment?

A little pseudo news agency reporter give you his Opinion as an arm chair Scientist?

Your finger needs a rest from pointing.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would have voted Libertaran in 2016, but the candidate seemed half-crazy to me. I held my nose and voted for Clinton -- yuck.

I have a feeling there will be a shaking out of the Republican Party next year. Trump is leading the party over a cliff and they are following him like lemmings. Several Republican Senators are behind now in the polls; and my view is that the people who voted them in are not happy with how they kowtowed to Trump instead of representing them. It looks like six seats in the Senate could flip from Republican to Democratic -- and it could get worse. It could be eight. I see only one seat going from Democratic to Republican -- in Alabama Jones is behind Tuberville by 6%.

The RNC chair also needs to be replaced. She may not wind up in jail, but she's been adept at funneling party money into companies of her friends in a way that doesn't look quite kosher.

Why are you speaking for Republicans?
Really, you think polls matter?
And really, you do not know God controls the weather?

In the 70's people were speculating "another ice age"... and now if there is more laws and more money drained out of a man's pockets, man can control the weather?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think it will affect anyone's vote, but the Taliban is supporting Trump over Biden. Talk about foreign influence of elections.

Taliban supports Trump reelection

"We hope he will win the election and wind up U.S. military presence in Afghanistan," Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told CBS News in a phone interview.

The group also expressed concerns about Trump's coronavirus diagnosis.

"When we heard about Trump being COVID-19 positive, we got worried for his health, but seems he is getting better," another Taliban senior leader told the news outlet.

The president and the Taliban have a mutual goal of getting U.S. troops out of Afghanistan, as the U.S. has had troops in the area for 19 years.

How embarrassing. The Trump campaign was not amused.

In a statement to The Hill, Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh said, "We reject their support and the Taliban should know that the President will always protect American interests by any means necessary, unlike Joe Biden who opposed taking out Osama bin Laden and Qasem Soleimani."
So was the Taliban serious, or was it trying to damage Trump?

Reactions: Seven of Nine

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump's campaign is still having financial problems. I guess donors don't feel like giving money to someone they are convinced will lose.

Strapped for cash, Trump yanks TV ads in key states as Biden spending surges

President Donald Trump stopped all of his television and radio advertising in three states and substantially reduced it in four others in recent weeks after his lackluster fundraising left him unable to match a surge in spending by his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden.

Mr. Trump’s retreat from Ohio, Iowa and New Hampshire reflects his struggle to change the dynamics of a race that polls suggest he is on track to lose. In the six weeks since his party’s national convention, Trump’s campaign has yanked more than $17 million in ads he’d previously booked in those states.

Two of them, Ohio and Iowa, are must-wins for the Republican president. Polls show him running almost dead even with the former vice president in both. Mr. Trump’s withdrawal of advertising in those states — despite the risk — is a sign of his campaign’s poor financial condition.
Biden seems to be rolling in so much money, he's spending it in states that usually go Republican but are close this time.

By contrast, Mr. Biden has been sharply increasing his ad spending across the entire election map and has begun pouring money into states that once looked out of reach. Among them are Texas, Georgia, Ohio and Iowa. In the week that will end Monday, Mr. Biden’s $36 million in TV and radio spots overall is double Mr. Trump’s $18 million, according to Advertising Analytics, an ad tracking company.
Georgia and Texas? It might be possible. Senator Cruz expressed concerns recently. Georgia could wind up electing a Democratic Senator too.

By the averages of polls at Real Politics, Trump has a 4.5% advantage in Texas at the moment and by 0.4% in Georgia while Biden is ahead in Iowa by 1.4% and by 0.6% in Ohio.

Senator Cruz was trying to stay optimistic but he expressed his concerns honestly on TV on Friday. I do not see what he thinks could turn things around for Republicans in a realistic way.

Cruz: GOP could face 'bloodbath of Watergate proportions' on Election Day

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Friday warned Republicans the party could face a “bloodbath” in November if voters aren’t feeling optimistic about the economy and the direction of the pandemic.

Speaking on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Cruz said the presidential election is extremely "volatile" and that President Trump could still get reelected by a “big margin” if voters feel like the U.S. is recovering from the pandemic-induced economic shutdown.

But he warned the party could also face landslide losses similar to what happened in the midterms following the Watergate scandal and Richard Nixon’s resignation.

“I am worried. It’s volatile, it’s highly volatile ... if people are going back to work, if they’re optimistic, if they’re positive about the future, we could see a fantastic election — the president getting reelected with a big margin, Republicans winning both Houses of Congress and I think that’s a real possibility,” Cruz said.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trump's campaign is still having financial problems. I guess donors don't feel like giving money to someone they are convinced will lose.

Strapped for cash, Trump yanks TV ads in key states as Biden spending surges

President Donald Trump stopped all of his television and radio advertising in three states and substantially reduced it in four others in recent weeks after his lackluster fundraising left him unable to match a surge in spending by his Democratic challenger, Joe Biden.

Mr. Trump’s retreat from Ohio, Iowa and New Hampshire reflects his struggle to change the dynamics of a race that polls suggest he is on track to lose. In the six weeks since his party’s national convention, Trump’s campaign has yanked more than $17 million in ads he’d previously booked in those states.

Two of them, Ohio and Iowa, are must-wins for the Republican president. Polls show him running almost dead even with the former vice president in both. Mr. Trump’s withdrawal of advertising in those states — despite the risk — is a sign of his campaign’s poor financial condition.
Biden seems to be rolling in so much money, he's spending it in states that usually go Republican but are close this time.

By contrast, Mr. Biden has been sharply increasing his ad spending across the entire election map and has begun pouring money into states that once looked out of reach. Among them are Texas, Georgia, Ohio and Iowa. In the week that will end Monday, Mr. Biden’s $36 million in TV and radio spots overall is double Mr. Trump’s $18 million, according to Advertising Analytics, an ad tracking company.
Georgia and Texas? It might be possible. Senator Cruz expressed concerns recently. Georgia could wind up electing a Democratic Senator too.

By the averages of polls at Real Politics, Trump has a 4.5% advantage in Texas at the moment and by 0.4% in Georgia while Biden is ahead in Iowa by 1.4% and by 0.6% in Ohio.

Senator Cruz was trying to stay optimistic but he expressed his concerns honestly on TV on Friday. I do not see what he thinks could turn things around for Republicans in a realistic way.

Cruz: GOP could face 'bloodbath of Watergate proportions' on Election Day

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) on Friday warned Republicans the party could face a “bloodbath” in November if voters aren’t feeling optimistic about the economy and the direction of the pandemic.

Speaking on CNBC’s “Squawk Box,” Cruz said the presidential election is extremely "volatile" and that President Trump could still get reelected by a “big margin” if voters feel like the U.S. is recovering from the pandemic-induced economic shutdown.

But he warned the party could also face landslide losses similar to what happened in the midterms following the Watergate scandal and Richard Nixon’s resignation.

“I am worried. It’s volatile, it’s highly volatile ... if people are going back to work, if they’re optimistic, if they’re positive about the future, we could see a fantastic election — the president getting reelected with a big margin, Republicans winning both Houses of Congress and I think that’s a real possibility,” Cruz said.

It would be wise for Cruz and his fellow conservatives to brace themselves for impact because a day of reckoning is coming for them. Cruz and his fellow conservatives will eventually suffer the harrowing consequences for morphing themselves in Trumplicans. Trumpism will be the undoing of the Republican Party if these conservatives don't jump ship soon and let Trump sink down into the abyss of forgotten history by himself.

The Republican Party needs to distance itself from being associated with Donald Trump by finding its moral compass again, reclaiming its honor and restoring its integrity. Its public perception has been marred by the blight of Trumpism and it could take a long time for that to change.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be wise for Cruz and his fellow conservatives to brace themselves for impact because a day of reckoning is coming for them. Cruz and his fellow conservatives will eventually suffer the harrowing consequences for morphing themselves in Trumplicans. Trumpism will be the undoing of the Republican Party if these conservatives don't jump ship soon and let Trump sink down into the abyss of forgotten history by himself.

The Republican Party needs to distance itself from being associated with Donald Trump by finding its moral compass again, reclaiming its honor and restoring its integrity. Its public perception has been marred by the blight of Trumpism and it could take a long time for that to change.
I think I'll start a thread about the Senate races. What you say sounds right to me; and the polls are showing it.

Republicans like Cruz can't be counted on, that's for sure. I was outraged at what Trump said about his wife during the primaries. Cruz pretended to be too; but after Trump won the nomination, Cruz bowed down and worshiped at the altar of Trumpism. Cruz showed no loyalty to his wife in that -- and that mattered to me. He can talk about "family values" all day and all night; but when push came to shove, he showed us all how little he valued his wife. I thought he should have told Trump he needed to apologize to his wife. But Cruz figured Trump was so popular in Texas, he couldn't get reelected if he didn't support him too. Cruz has abandoned his "fake stand" at being a fiscal conservative too.

I need to start that thread about the Senate races since I found an article about how some Republican Senators are now trying to distance themselves from Trump. They have no principles. They only want to be on the side that's winning. When Trump was winning, they wanted to be on his side. When it looks like he's losing, they're like rats scurrying to get off a sinking ship.

I wouldn't predict the rise of another party, but I don't think it's impossible. Right now, few young people are joining the Republican Party. It's been that way for a while. The young people they do attract espouse extremist views, and it shows when they run for office. That doesn't bode well for the future of the Republican Party since those extreme views don't fly well with the general public.

What we are seeing is a minority party trying to hold onto power. The 2016 presidential election was legitimate, but Clinton did get more votes than Trump. Things keep slipping away from them. This year, they have not increased their appeal to new voters, have not increased their numbers. They're still trying to win elections without addressing the reasons for their decline. Trump appears desperate to me. Does he really think encouraging groups of people to be poll watchers is the answer? Does he hope armed militias turning up at polling places to intimidate voters in Democratic precincts? His proposal is illegal. Each party is entitled to one poll watcher by having the party naming him. Other people are banned from hanging out in polling places. Trump could be prosecuted for encouraging that. If there is violence at polling places, he surely could be prosecuted for encouraging such lawless behavior. He can say he's for law and order; but if he is, why would he encourage lawlessness?

'Our worst nightmare': will militias heed Trump's call to watch the polls?

In the final minutes of last week’s televised presidential debate, a few days before he tested positive for Covid-19, Donald Trump was asked by the moderator, Chris Wallace, whether he would call on his supporters to stay calm and desist from civil unrest in the immediate aftermath of next month’s election.

Trump pointedly declined the invitation. Instead, he replied: “I’m urging my supporters to go into the polls and watch very carefully, because that’s what has to happen. I’m urging them to do it.”

For those who monitor the activities of far-right militia groups and white-supremacist paramilitaries, Trump’s remarks were as welcome as jet fuel being used to quell a wildfire. Indeed, since they were made the FBI launched a series of arrests of militia members and others plotting to kidnap the Michigan governor, Gretchen Whitmer, and attack law enforcement, adding to a sense of a nation spiraling out of control as November’s election approaches.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I watched Trump's balcony speech. Among other things, he said again the virus was going to disappear.

Remarks by President Trump at a Peaceful Protest for Law and Order | The White House

Through the power of the American — the American spirit, I think more than anything else, science, medicine will eradicate the China virus once and for all. We’ll get rid of it. All over the world, you see big flare-ups in Europe, big flare-ups in Canada — a very big flare-up in Canada; you saw that today. A lot of flare-ups. But it’s going to disappear; it is disappearing. And vaccines are going to help, and the therapeutics are going to help a lot.

Of course, I didn't take his word for it. It didn't just disappear when he said it would before. I guess some people might. Then I read this article today:

Coronavirus cases set new single-day records in 6 U.S. states

The daily rise in coronavirus cases set new records in six U.S. states and worldwide.

Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma and West Virginia all had record single-day increases in cases on Friday, according to NBC News' tally.

All those states voted for Trump in 2016. Let's compare the percentages he won by in 2016 to how he's standing in the polls now in those states. Trump will still win in the heavily Republican states, but the Republican Party is eroding.

Missouri -- 18.6% -- 7.0% -- net loss in support 11.6%
Montana -- 20.4% -- 9.7% -- net loss 10.7%
North Dakota -- 35.7% -- no polls so far
Ohio -- 8.3% -- Biden ahead by 0.6% -- net loss 8.9%
Oklahoma -- 36.4% -- no polls so far
West Virginia -- 42.1% -- 18.0% -- net loss 24.1%

Five of the six voted for Trump big-time. Only Ohio was less than 10%.

It's early November. It's still relatively warm in many places; but what is going to happen when it gets cold enough that people spend more and more time indoors? Will Republican states get even worse, or will they get a handle on things? It looks safe to predict that if things spiral more and more out of control in the "red states," Trump may lose even bigger than the polls suggest now. Holding rallies where few people are wearing masks might seem smart to Trump; but I think it could backfire big time.

Florida? Yes, I can see why Trump is paying attention to Florida and wants to do something about it. He won there by 1.2% and Biden is now ahead by 4.5% (net loss in support of 5.7%); but I'm not sure that holding a rally is the best thing to do.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All i know is one of the two candidates is gonna recieve a spanky .
The question is , will the only thing RED on election night be trumps rump
or will bidens be spanked blue . Stay tuned .
IF , if we even know who wins that night .

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks like the "Deep State" is going all out arresting people who spoke at the Republican national convention. It's three now. Uh, yes, she had a gun too -- or at least that's what's being said.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/10/nurse-who-spoke-at-2020-rnc-busted-for-shooting-woman/

A West Virginia nurse who spoke at the Republican National Convention in August was arrested for shooting a woman in the gut after an argument, according to reports.

Amy Thorn, 39, gained attention after volunteering to work in New York in April, and later to San Antonio to treat COVID-19 patients.

Also known as Amy Ford, the name she used when she spoke on the opening night of the RNC, Thorn became something of a local hero because of her efforts to fight the virus and was later honored at a White House ceremony.

Does this make sense? She had a car. Why didn't she leave if she became "fearful for her safety"? She still claimed it was self-defense.

Police said Thorn shot Jonda Whitt in the abdomen during an argument, WCHS reported.

Williamson Police Chief Grady Dotson said Thorn claimed she had become fearful for her safety and had told Whitt she had a gun. “She went to the car and got the gun out of the car,” Dotson said, local news outlet the Mingo Messenger reported.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you do if your campaign committee doesn't have money to run ads? Well, if you're President Trump, you go on Fox News and get free time.

Trump nabs hours of free airtime on Fox as he stages his comeback tour

Days after leaving the hospital where he was treated for coronavirus, President Donald Trump is embarking on a comeback tour of sorts on his favorite network: Fox News.

On Thursday and Friday, Trump was on three different Fox News shows and two right-leaning radio shows (one of which is hosted by Fox News' Mark Levin). In total, he racked up approximately four hours of free airtime, which in turn produced an "echo" since the outlets repeat his talking points without much fact checking.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you do if your campaign committee doesn't have money to run ads? Well, if you're President Trump, you go on Fox News and get free time.

Trump nabs hours of free airtime on Fox as he stages his comeback tour

Days after leaving the hospital where he was treated for coronavirus, President Donald Trump is embarking on a comeback tour of sorts on his favorite network: Fox News.

On Thursday and Friday, Trump was on three different Fox News shows and two right-leaning radio shows (one of which is hosted by Fox News' Mark Levin). In total, he racked up approximately four hours of free airtime, which in turn produced an "echo" since the outlets repeat his talking points without much fact checking.

I did a fact-check search on Fox News after I read a comment about the network on another message board like this one. I wasn't surprised what I found about the network's media bias because it's well known to pander to conservatives and it also has a history of pandering to Trump.

Here's one result I found on Fox News.

Media Bias/Fact Check Fox News: Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however, straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did a fact-check search on Fox News after I read a comment about the network on another message board like this one. I wasn't surprised what I found about the network's media bias because it's well known to pander to conservatives and it also has a history of pandering to Trump.

Here's one result I found on Fox News.

Media Bias/Fact Check Fox News: Overall, we rate Fox News strongly Right-Biased due to editorial positions and story selection that favors the right. We also rate them Mixed factually and borderline Questionable based on poor sourcing and the spreading of conspiracy theories that later must be retracted after being widely shared. Further, Fox News would be rated a Questionable source based on numerous failed fact checks by hosts and pundits, however, straight news reporting is generally reliable, therefore we rate them Mixed for factual reporting.
That agrees with what I've seen. If they are doing serious news, generally they're accurate. They are selective about which stories they run; but what they present as facts usually are. They run into trouble trying to be first with some stories, and then they get things mixed up and have to correct themselves later. Why they call themselves "Fox News" and then have people who rant with speculations and opinions seems damaging to their reputation to me. Trump is putting them in an awkward position now. I saw one of his calls to Fox, and the anchor who took his call looked uncomfortable at times. She seemed not to understand what the point was. Then he went on another show and criticized some of the few liberals that work at Fox, suggesting they should be fired. Fox News (the real news shows) seems to be trying to navigate carefully between wanting to alienate Trump supporters and not wanting to wreck their reputation.

Then Lindsey Graham went on Fox and begged for money. I wonder if that's legal?

That's informative in more than one way. The obvious one is people from South Carolina aren't contributing to his campaign. But what does it say about the Senate PAC that Mitch McConnell runs? Are they also that low on money? Trump doesn't know any big donors he could call up to ask them to contribute to a PAC that supports Graham?

What a difference a year makes!

July 16. 2019 Powerful donors pad Lindsey Graham’s coffers for 2020 re-election bid

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) raised more money in this year’s second fundraising quarter than he, or any other Republican Senate candidate in South Carolina, ever has before in the same time frame.

His more than $3 million haul between April and June alone shows his strong standing in South Carolina politics, where he has been enjoying renewed popularity thanks in large part to his alliance with President Donald Trump.

Nearly 550 South Carolina donors, giving more than $200 each, contributed to more than $264,000 — or 14 percent — of Graham’s total second-quarter haul.

His fundraising success sends a strong message that the leading Democrat hoping to face off against him next fall, Jaime Harrison, must continue to raise money aggressively beyond the $1.5 million he collected in the same fundraising window — primarily from grassroots supporters energized around defeating an increasingly polarizing incumbent.

While Harrison’s $1.5 million haul this quarter was buoyed by sought-after small donors, Graham has relied more on big-dollar fundraisers, PACs and campaign bundlers.

It's completely different now.

South Carolina Senate race: How Jaime Harrison's campaign could spend $57 million before Election Day

It's a question most workaday campaign consultants could only dream of: how to spend $57 million in South Carolina in the final three weeks before Election Day, with voting already underway.

But that fantasy scenario is now reality for Democrat Jaime Harrison and his team, after he reported a jaw-dropping fundraising haul Sunday of $57 million for the third quarter. The sum not only shatters fundraising records for a Senate race in South Carolina, but for any Senate race anywhere — eclipsing the previous record for one quarter of $38.1 million set by Texas Democrat Beto O'Rourke in 2018.

Why are Republicans having trouble raising money? Do they know? Have you noticed that the Trump campaign has been holding events in airplane hangars? How much does that cost? I'd say a fraction of what an arena would.

People can ponder the ethics of using the White House grounds for political events (not to mention having the Marines play Hail to Chief at one), but it makes me wonder if they can't afford rent anything. When Trump Hotel is a few blocks away and hurting for money, I'd think the Trump campaign would be holding events there to put money in Donald's pocket, but they aren't. I don't think they got ethical all of a sudden either, so that leaves me thinking they're in serious financial trouble.

I heard Trump kvetching and sounding aggrieved about how Wall Street was supporting Biden. He got something right! The investment bankers are according to the conservative Washington Examiner.

Investment bankers say a Biden victory could be great for Wall Street and stocks

Joe Biden, whose lead is widening in the polls, is up on Wall Street, too. Many investment strategists suggest that his presidency could be a blessing for the economy and the stock market.

Investment strategists at Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, and Barclays all said this week that a strong victory by Biden would be good for markets because it would reduce uncertainty and ensure more coronavirus relief spending next year.

Wall Street, which has historically hated uncertainty, increasingly views a clear-cut Democratic presidential victory in November as much-needed stability amid a pandemic and a recession that has left tens of millions unemployed.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jorgensen is the Libertarian candidate and Hawkins is the Green Party candidate. I don't they'll play a significant role this time, not polling at 1.6% and 1.0%. Kanye West also made it onto the ballot in a handful of states. He's at about 1% in the states' polls as well as in national polls.

Article here: Kanye West 2020 presidential campaign - Wikipedia

People who tell pollsters they're going to vote for candidates from other parties often wind up telling themselves, "My candidate can't win. Why waste my vote?" Then they vote for the Republican or the Democrat. In 2016, Real Clear Politics had the national polls averaging 4.7% for the Libertarian and 1.9% for the Green Party. The actual results were 3.3% and 1.1%. This time, I think more of the people telling pollsters they plan to vote Libertarian will wind up voting for Biden while holding their noses, and I can't imagine many Green Party people voting for Trump.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jorgensen is the Libertarian candidate and Hawkins is the Green Party candidate. I don't they'll play a significant role this time, not polling at 1.6% and 1.0%. Kanye West also made it onto the ballot in a handful of states. He's at about 1% in the states' polls as well as in national polls.

Article here: Kanye West 2020 presidential campaign - Wikipedia

People who tell pollsters they're going to vote for candidates from other parties often wind up telling themselves, "My candidate can't win. Why waste my vote?" Then they vote for the Republican or the Democrat. In 2016, Real Clear Politics had the national polls averaging 4.7% for the Libertarian and 1.9% for the Green Party. The actual results were 3.3% and 1.1%. This time, I think more of the people telling pollsters they plan to vote Libertarian will wind up voting for Biden while holding their noses, and I can't imagine many Green Party people voting for Trump.

It's kind of sad that it works this way, because if all those people didn't think like that, the minors might actually have a much better chance.

vannesa2

Sep 30, 2020
central
Faith
Christian
Country
Uganda
l have no idea how the so called (Electoral College) works but it completely makes it almost impossible for me to predict the US NEXT President because with the little l know it's a body of electors established by the United States Constitution, which forms every four years for the sole purpose of electing the president and vice president of the United States and just as a humble student who doesn't wanna act like a know it all guy, l would love to know where this leaves the Voters considering the fact even last election Hillary Clinton won in public votes and Trump ended up in White House.

Reactions: Josho and Giuliano

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are a couple of races to watch this cycle other than the one for president.

Cal Cunningham

Lindsey Graham...

Those are ones that are absolutely huge right now. Highest dollars vx highest liar.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
l have no idea how the so called (Electoral College) works but it completely makes it almost impossible for me to predict the US NEXT President because with the little l know it's a body of electors established by the United States Constitution, which forms every four years for the sole purpose of electing the president and vice president of the United States and just as a humble student who doesn't wanna act like a know it all guy, l would love to know where this leaves the Voters considering the fact even last election Hillary Clinton won in public votes and Trump ended up in White House.

Every state gets a particular number of electors based upon the population numbers in their state.

These electors are actually the people you are voting for when you vote for a president...

In population dense areas (like CA and NY) they have a lot of electors but not as many per capita as a not densely populated state.
This is to ensure states rights when electing a president....this ensures that the "less important states/fly over states" get their fair say in how this nation is run.

It also avoids Mob Rule.

Portland oregon, seattle, NYC and Wisconsin all are having issues with mob Rule right now...

Sure,
Having popular vote helps loads when running for president but it's not everything.

Reactions: vannesa2