Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the proof.
Jesus says..>"do this in REMEMBRANCE of me.

I didnt say it, He said it.

Do you understand the word "remembrance"?
Do you need a dictionary?

So, if all that is not "reality" to you, then blame your religious organization.
I do.

Now let me tell you how they flipped you into this literal idea of the bread and the juice being LITERAL.

This happened when some leaders who may not be born again, read..."eat my flesh and drink my blood", and decided that Jesus mean this LITERALLY.
Yet the same Jesus who is GOD, told you in Leviticus that you can't DRINK BLOOD......any type.....including a HUMAN's.

So, THAT ALSO is not LITERAL.....its SYMBOLIC, yet, when deceived people create A MAN MADE RELIGION THAT can't rightly divide between allegory, symbolism, vs LITERAL, then they breed horrible theology, and their members end up completely deceived.
"This IS my Body."This IS my Blood
Now, do this in remembrance of me."

NOT -
"This is a SYMBOL of my Body.
This is a SYMBOL" of my Blood.
Now, do this in remembrance of me."

John 6:53-56
So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is TRUE FOOD, and my blood is TRUE DRINK. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are just echoing your religious organization's theology.

"Jesus sent me not", is not "hyperbole".

"you must be born again", is not "hyperbole".

Every single water baptism that is found in the Acts of the Apostles, happens AFTER someone BELIEVES......and is born again....is not hyperbole.

Let me prove it.
Take Jesus off the Cross, and put Him back into Heaven.
He never died .

Now Go and water baptize yourself , 456 times, next week.
Why are you not born again?

Why are you NOT BORN AGAIN, ?????

Thats right, you can't answer that honestly, if at all..., unless you deny a water cult's entire deceived heresy, regarding "water regeneration".
What an asinine example.

Baptism regeneration doesn't deny His sacrifice on the cross.
It is ONLY possible BECAUSE of what He did on the cross.

It's NO WONDER why you're so confused.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What an asinine example.
Baptism regeneration doesn't deny His sacrifice on the cross.

A water cult substitutes water for the blood atonement.
THat is why they teach that water regeneration is salvation.
Or this lie...>"born again OF water, or BY water".

see that lie?
Avoid it, and avoid any water cult that tries to make you believe it.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ummmmm vs 27 does't say that it was done in public so your point is mute.

How about if we read vs 38 which definitively says who went to the water: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Soooooo you want to add to scripture that that all the people that were with the Eunuch went down to the water to watch the baptism even though Scripture doesn't say that they did???? OK...I will split that one with you 50/50!!! I believe it possible that all those people went down to the water to watch (even though Scripture doesn't say they did)!!

Moving on to Acts 16
when the jailer and his entire household were baptized. No mention of the baptism taking place in public. What is your interpretation of that passage????

Bible Study Mary
Bible study Mary?? If that were really so you wouldn't twist the text to suit your argument. Verse 38 speaks of going down into the water. Not only does that mean no sprinkling, but means that there was no curtain raised so no-one else could watch.
When you read scripture Mary you are permitted to use what intelligence your Creator has endowed you with to understand... And if you don't understand you are permitted to ask for more wisdom so you do understand. But you are also required to be honest about what it says and doesn't say. I didn't claim that everyone went down into the water. But they were there. And it would be extremely obtuse to believe they weren't interested in the proceedings.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A water cult substitutes water for the blood atonement.
THat is why they teach that water regeneration is salvation.
Or this lie...>"born again OF water, or BY water".

see that lie?
Avoid it, and avoid any water cult that tries to make you believe it.
WRONG again, son.

John 3:5 explicitly states:
ἐξ ὕδατος καὶ πνεύματος
OF Water and Spirit

This is why Peter wrote:
1 Pet. 3:18-22
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, NOW SAVES YOU, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.

THAT'S what it's all about, son.
YOU have a real problem with the Word of God - which is something you need to take up with HIM . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it isn't his actual body or blood.
See, if it was actually His literal body and blood, He would not have gone to the Cross, and shed it, and died.
Can't see it can you?
Yes i know.
Why??
It STILL needed to be shed to be the perfect sacrifice.

You're not making sense

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
WRONG again, son.

John 3:5 explicitly states:
ἐξ ὕδατος καὶ πνεύματος
OF Water and Spirit

This is why Peter wrote:
1 Pet. 3:18-22
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit, in which he went and proclaimed to the spirits in prison, because they formerly did not obey, when God's patience waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through water. Baptism, which corresponds to this, NOW SAVES YOU, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him.
THAT'S what it's all about, son.
YOU have a real problem with the Word of God - which is something you need to take up with HIM . . .

That i understand the New Testament, seems to be a problem you want to solve for me?
Good luck with that...

Also, Noah's Ark in the OK is not the Blood Atonement as found in the NT, and shame on you for pretending that it is...

The only "ark" that saves us, is the Cross and Jesus on it.
The "ark" that justifies, is the Blood that Purifies.

Water can't save you, (notice the dying Thief who BELIEVES and was saved with no water around...).....
Water Baptism does symbolize that you are born again......that is water baptism.
If a water cult teaches that water saves you, "born again by or of water", then don't believe that Lie.
And more importantly, dont let your family believe it.
Get away from it.
Leave it.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why??
It STILL needed to be shed to be the perfect sacrifice.
You're not making sense

Listen,

Im making perfect sense, to anyone who can hear me.
You can't.
You have been taught to believe something and this is a spiritual darkness regarding your SIGHT.

I just told you that If Jesus is in Heaven, never having been to the Cross, then how would Water save you?
You can't answer this, all you can do is be rude, as that is how you try to hide the deceit, so you think.
And you are wrong about that, also.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bible study Mary?? If that were really so you wouldn't twist the text to suit your argument. Verse 38 speaks of going down into the water. Not only does that mean no sprinkling, but means that there was no curtain raised so no-one else could watch.
When you read scripture Mary you are permitted to use what intelligence your Creator has endowed you with to understand... And if you don't understand you are permitted to ask for more wisdom so you do understand. But you are also required to be honest about what it says and doesn't say. I didn't claim that everyone went down into the water. But they were there. And it would be extremely obtuse to believe they weren't interested in the proceedings.
LOL....I didn't twist anything. It said they went to the or into the water. No where, and I repeat NO WHERE, does it say that there was a crowd watching. You are adding to Scripture. I didn't!! So it is YOU who is twisting scripture to fit your belief.

The people that were with the Eunich had no choice but to be there. There was no public gathering around to watch his baptism. This fly's in the face of your baptism is a public declaration theory. You are unable to provide any proof from scripture that it HAS to be public.

You dodged this one: Moving on to Acts 16 when the jailer and his entire household were baptized. No mention of the baptism taking place in public. What is your interpretation of that passage????

Bible study Mary

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm.......Lets try this again. The Church does not condone, teach, accept, support or teach any member of it's flock to worship idols sooooo if you are suggesting that The Church is OK with it...you would be wrong so there is no warning to heed!!!!

You dodged my other questions: The Church teaches that Catholics are to love, respect and adore Mary just like her son and God did. Do you love, respect and adore the mother of Jesus?

Why were you so unfair in your statement by only going after Catholics?

Are you going to at least TRY and answer them???

I don't hate Catholics. Your doctrines on sacraments are scriptural. It is the addition of the holy traditions regarding Mary that has corrupted your denomination. Other than this huge misstep, your doctrines are not so false as some out of the Reformation (Rev. 3 Sardis). But that's another story. None of the epistles from any of the Apostles even mention Mary. That should give you pause. The Bible's New Testament is the foundation for all Church beliefs. No pope can alter those beliefs. But they have taught you that they have that authority.

Have you read Revelation 2:18-29. It is a prophecy of the fourth church age depicting your church and the Orthodox church as you both have added what Jesus calls Jezebel to your belief system. He also calls this addition the "depths of Satan." If nothing I say can help you, you should take the words of Jesus seriously.

I don't care about the popes, but you should know the truth about the desposyni. But there are no more of them around. They were killed off. By guess who?

Last edited:
Reactions: BobVance

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
LOL....I didn't twist anything. It said they went to the or into the water. No where, and I repeat NO WHERE, does it say that there was a crowd watching. You are adding to Scripture. I didn't!! So it is YOU who is twisting scripture to fit your belief
My entire point is that in scripture there is no example of anyone being baptized without witnesses. Thus baptism, in every example given in scripture, even with Christ Himself, was an act wherein the one being baptized was publicly testifying to his commitment to a new life in Christ. If you cannot see that, your claims to "Bible study Mary' fall flatter than road kill.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Church teaches that Catholics are to love, respect and adore Mary

From the Catholic Douay Rheims Bible...
Exodus 20:4-5
[4]Thou shalt not make to thyself a graven thing, nor the likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or in the earth beneath, nor of those things that are in the waters under the earth.
[5]Thou shalt not adore them, nor serve them: I am the Lord thy God, mighty, jealous, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me:

images (21).jpeg

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My entire point is that in scripture there is no example of anyone being baptized without witnesses. Thus baptism, in every example given in scripture, even with Christ Himself, was an act wherein the one being baptized was publicly testifying to his commitment to a new life in Christ. If you cannot see that, your claims to "Bible study Mary' fall flatter than road kill.

and @Marymog

There only needs to be one witness who is doing the baptizing. Like Phillip and the Ethiopian eunuch. There was no crowd of witnesses.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
WRONG.

- Jesus was hungry and ATE in His glorified state (Luke 24:40-43).
- We will celebrate the Wedding Supper of the Lamb in Heaven (Rev. 19:6-9).
- Jesus told His Apostles that He would not drink again of the fruit of the vine until He drank it with them in His Father's Kingdom (Matt. 26:29).

Spirits don't eat and drink.
If you don't believe in the Resurrection - then you have NO HOPE . . .
That was not his glorified body, BOL, that was his ressurrected body, just like Lazarus, just like Dorcas, just like Eutychus, Jarius' daughter, widow's son from Nain, etc... When he ascended and sat on the throne, he was changed, just as we will be changed on his return. Learn your theology, ...or eschatology rather! Read the scriptures that I gave you, they will help your archaic understanding.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm familiar with the word in Greek as well as English.
What I asked of YOU was for proof that this word "Remembrance" (ἀνάμνησις/anámnēsis) is used SOLELY when speaking about symbols and not reality.

If you can't do that - then just say so and move one . . .
They can't because they fail to see Christianity as the fulfilment of Judaism.
John 19:29; cf. Matt. 27:48; Mark 15:36; – Jesus is provided wine (the Fourth Cup) on a hyssop branch which was used to sprinkle the lambs’ blood in Exodus 12:22. This ties Jesus’ sacrifice to the Passover lambs which had to be consumed in the seder meal which was ceremonially completed by drinking the Cup of Consummation. Then in John 19:30, Jesus says, “It is consummated.” The sacrifice began in the upper room and was completed on the cross. God’s love for humanity is made manifest.
THE EUCHARIST - Scripture Catholic

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The people that were with the Eunich had no choice but to be there. There was no public gathering around to watch his baptism. This fly's in the face of your baptism is a public declaration theory.

Marymog,
The fly is not in their face, the fly is in the baptism salvation theory.

Let me show you something..
Its this.
In the Acts of the Apostles....(not the Christians) but the APOSTLES.....its THEIR ACTS.....which is why the epistle is showing you the Apostles deeds....
Notice that everytime an Apostle water baptizes, or if you read of a water baptism, in ACTS ....it always follows....>"they BELIEVED".
They BELIEVED.
BELIEVED
BELIEVED= FIRST.
Every single time, in the ACTS of the APOSTLES.

That is """Justification by FAITH.""
That is ""Grace Through Faith.""
That is "Paul's Gospel".

Why is that?

Because "all that believe on Jesus shall be saved".
"SAVED" means born again..

'"" Abraham BELIEVED GOD, and it <. IT.....= the BELIEVEING........ was COUNTED as RIGHTEOUSNESS"..
Not later.
But THEN.
This is why Abraham is the "Father of our FAITH".

Look again,...
"All that call on the Name of the Lord, shall be SAVED"...

You "call", because you have BELIEVED.

Now look at your verse, Marymog..

""""And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37: And Philip said, = If thou BELIEVEST with all thine heart, =thou mayest....

See that?

He is saying..>If you BELIEVE in CHRIST, if you have this true FAITH, then SURE.......we can find the WATER.

The Eunuch has BELIEVED, so he is BORN AGAIN.....>He's SAVED..........so Philip agrees to the Water Baptism request.

So, do you see that BELIEVING is BEFORE THE WATER BAPTISM?

And that is EVERY SINGLE TIME, in the ACTS of the APOSTLES..
They BELIEVE First........born again.......then the water baptism FOLLOWS.
Every .... SINGLE.......>TIME.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ummmmm.......Lets try this again. The Church does not condone, teach, accept, support or teach any member of it's flock to worship idols sooooo if you are suggesting that The Church is OK with it...you would be wrong so there is no warning to heed!!!!

You dodged my other questions: The Church teaches that Catholics are to love, respect and adore Mary just like her son and God did. Do you love, respect and adore the mother of Jesus?

Why were you so unfair in your statement by only going after Catholics?

Are you going to at least TRY and answer them???
God Himself sent a message to Mary through one of His top angels, and this is not an honor??? We honor Mary because God honored her first. The invincible ignorance of some never ceased to amaze me.

catholics-dont-worship-mary.jpg

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I suspect that those people that you see kneeling in front of a statue of Mary are not worshiping the statue or Mary.

You' "suspect"?

You suspect that people who believe that Mary is the Queen of Heaven, who believe she is the Mediatrix, ..

= In Catholic Mariology, the title Mediatrix refers to the intercessory role of the Blessed Virgin Mary as a mediator in the salvific redemption by her son Jesus Christ and that he bestows graces through her.<

You "suspect" that Catholics, who believe that Mary is helping Jesus save souls...who are kneeling before her statue.... you "suspect" they are not worshipping her..

Uh huh.
Right.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God Himself sent a message to Mary through one of His top angels, and this is not an honor??? We honor Mary because God honored her first. The invincible ignorance of some never ceased to amaze me.

""In Catholic Mariology, the title Mediatrix refers to the intercessory role of the Blessed Virgin Mary as a mediator in the salvific redemption by her son Jesus Christ and that he bestows graces through her."""
Yet...
Mary was a saved sinner, and didn't die a virgin, and didn't ascend into heaven when she was alive..
Reader.....She died, was buried, just like you will be, if the Lord does not come back in time.
Paul wrote, """ "the LORD's Brothers" have a right to have a wife, same as Peter"

also, the bible does not instruct anyone to honor Mary.

Did you ever wonder why none of the Apostles mention Mary as being important ?
Catholics lift her up, but the Apostles do not.

One time Mary and the family came to visit Jesus, not long before he was arrested and he was told...>"Your mother is outside, with the family".
Jesus said....>"who is my mother and my Brothers", except those who do the will of my Father."""""

= So that is everyone who is born again.

And one more....>"When Jesus was on the Cross, The Lord would not refer to Mary as his mother, and instead referred to her as "WOMAN".