Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it interesting that the Philadelphian church/age is the only one upon which Christ levels no criticism. Yay for the 2nd Great Awakening!!!
I consider myself product of the Philadelphian church. Especially the revival....

1. An evangelist come to town
2. Organizes a revival in a tent or a church
3. Heart felt worship service
4. Message with conviction
5. Altar service with many getting saved.

I have published my testimony here... https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HDYatN7KsuTFXilVzPVeAj1ZrkJNa8WC/view

During the time I had what I would call a good Catholic friend in high school named Bob. I am afraid I was rude to him and probably told him something to the effect that he wasn’t even saved. In this time... Are there good Catholics? If I were to meet Bob again I would have been much more friendlier, would have told him I respected his stand, and may have even went to church with him, frowning on the fact that I would not be able to take communion with him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it interesting that the Philadelphian church/age is the only one upon which Christ levels no criticism. Yay for the 2nd Great Awakening!!!

there are no reformations and no great awakenings authorizes by scripture

Absolutely no biblical authority for the so called “reformation “!

The church is built on Peter! Matt 16:18 and the apostles Matt 18:18 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

None of the so called reformers are apostles and have no authority whatsoever!

So called “reformers or reformation”
They did not reform anything!
They abandoned Jesus Christ and His holy catholic and apostolic church to start new ones!

Jn 10:16 one fold

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Seventh-day Adventist church was formed on May 21, 1863, in Battlecreek, Michigan by Joseph Bates and James White. Through intense history and Bible study, they had arrived at a number of conclusions for which they could find no organized body of believers, so they incorporated. As of 2015, the Seventh-day Adventist church was the fifth largest body of Christian believers in the world and growing steadily. It has the 2nd largest health and education systems of any Christian church. I have been privileged to be a baptized member for 30 years, converted from the Southern Baptist faith in 1990. :)
Founded by a woman go figure

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe in seven church ages. One of the reasons the Catholic church does not bother me is because the spirit of Jezebel existed mainly in the Thyatiran time....

Ephesus - Messianic - Beginning with the Apostle to the Circumcision, Peter
Smyrna - Martyr - Beginning with the Apostle to the Un-Circumcision, Paul
Pergamos - Orthodoxy formed in this time... Pergos is a tower... Needed in the dark ages
Thyatira - Catholicism formed in this time - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate.
Sardis - Protestantism formed in this time- A sardius is a gem - elegant yet hard and rigid
Philadelphia - Wesleyism formed in this time - To be sanctioned is to acquire it with love.
Laodicea - Charismatic movement formed in this time - Beginning with DL Moody, the first to make money off of ministry

Candlesticks - Seven church congregations
Stars - Individuals within the congregations, all held in the right hand of Christ
Seals - The seven seals sealed each congregation within the lambs book of life

And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. - Revelation 5:4

If this interpretation is not correct why all the ado?

254811_e2605e7ea7d44a55b55ec8f9edea64a9.png

these represent 7 ages of the one true church
Btw since when do you literal only bible only men see a metaphysical interpretation?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are no reformations and no great awakenings authorizes by scripture

Absolutely no biblical authority for the so called “reformation “!

The church is built on Peter! Matt 16:18 and the apostles Matt 18:18 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

None of the so called reformers are apostles and have no authority whatsoever!

So called “reformers or reformation”
They did not reform anything!
They abandoned Jesus Christ and His holy catholic and apostolic church to start new ones!

Jn 10:16 one fold
Paul has no words telling us to worship Peter. And Peters references to Paul...

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. - 2 Peter 3:14-16

Paul’s foundation was solely on Christ...

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. - 1 Corinthians 2:1-3

And Paul invites us to follow him with no mention of Peter...

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. - 1 Corinthians 11:1

Reactions: Brakelite

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
these represent 7 ages of the one true church
Btw since when do you literal only bible only men see a metaphysical interpretation?
Revelation is a timeline...

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass... - Revelation 1:1

Worded in a way to address the issues that would come to pass.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning Barbara,

Wouldn't the question "Who founded the Kingdom" be a mute question since there is only one answer to that question.

But "Who founded your church" is not a mute question since there are many answers.

Mary
I do agree that there is only one answer that question, but answering it is important because not everyone knows... not everyone is a believer in God and His Son.

In addition, I would hazard to guess that if some people who do attend churches regularly were asked, that question, they would get it wrong.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul has no words telling us to worship Peter. And Peters references to Paul...

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. - 2 Peter 3:14-16

Paul’s foundation was solely on Christ...

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. - 1 Corinthians 2:1-3

And Paul invites us to follow him with no mention of Peter...

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. - 1 Corinthians 11:1

only God can be worshiped!
Why do you need Paul’s approval, did Paul die for you?

matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20
Church is ONLY built by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation is a timeline...

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass... - Revelation 1:1

Worded in a way to address the issues that would come to pass.

How shortly?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only God can be worshiped!
Why do you need Paul’s approval, did Paul die for you?

matt 16:18 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20
Church is ONLY built by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors
Did Peter die for me?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How shortly?
I believe Isaac Newton was the closest predictor...

“And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half.” –Daniel 12:7

From a folio cataloged as Yahuda MS 7.3g, f. 13v:

"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060.”" - – Isaac Newton

As Charlemagne was crowned king on December 25, 800 by Pope Leo the III so the day of Christ's coming will be on Christmas Day, 2060. If the rapture of the saints (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17) occurs seven years before the time of Christ’s coming the date of the rapture 12.25 2053. However… Isaac Newton notes…

““It may end later, but I see no reason for its ending sooner. This I mention not to assert when the time of the end shall be, but to put a stop to the rash conjectures of fancifull men who are frequently predicting the time of the end, & by doing so bring the sacred prophesies into discredit as often as their predictions fail. Christ comes as a thief in the night, & it is not for us to know the times & seasons which God hath put into his own breast." –- Isaac Newton

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God never gives authority to women!

If that is so, then do you know what this means?

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Gal. 3:28

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Civil is a chaotic mess since they gave them the vote
What man would vote for a woman?
That’s what Barney said on Andy Griffith show “Ellie runs for council”
Cream puff!