Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought most Christians were Catholics.
Of them I wonder how many are what they call “Good Catholics?” I mean Nancy Pelosi does not strike me as a good Christian!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes you are correct! But that’s equality not roles!
Only man is given the role of authority
Head of family and church is a man

Major covenants!

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

notice any women as mediator?
But there are certainly women who were prophets in the scripture and one was a pastor [Gen 29:9]. Probably because of the world and man's ways in it God winked for a time and let men do things, which later would not be allowed at all. God did not break His own Word. Rather He established whatever He said... sometimes in recognition of hard-hearted men He allowed things which fell short of the goal He had set but it would not always be so:

"They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." Matt 19:7-8

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" Acts 17:30

Consider also the multiple wives of David called a man after God's own heart and the apple of His eye. In the Book of Genesis as well as in the writings of Paul and in the words of Jesus it was to be one man to one woman yet King David was a polygamist. This confirms for us how far men had fallen since being put out of Eden. David was lifted up, but was not John the Baptist a greater prophet even than David so then if we are a part of the kingdom of God...?

"For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." Luke 7:28

The man's role in the flesh in a marriage may be as you say, as the head of the woman, but spiritually are there not both physical males and females to be a part of the Bride of Christ? Is there not only one Bridegroom, the Head, which is Jesus? You and me, should we not want to be part of the Bride in spite of our physical maleness? Is not the natural marriage of a man and a woman [husband and wife] is but a shadow of the Reality of the spiritual Bride, the Lamb's wife?

"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." Rev. 21:9

O to be a part of the Bride of Lamb! Is this a desire which male believers should not have?

Reactions: mjrhealth

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Seventh-day Adventist church was formed on May 21, 1863, in Battlecreek, Michigan by Joseph Bates and James White. Through intense history and Bible study, they had arrived at a number of conclusions for which they could find no organized body of believers, so they incorporated. As of 2015, the Seventh-day Adventist church was the fifth largest body of Christian believers in the world and growing steadily. It has the 2nd largest health and education systems of any Christian church. I have been privileged to be a baptized member for 30 years, converted from the Southern Baptist faith in 1990. :)
Huh....I never knew that they have the 2nd largest health and education systems of any Christian church!!!

Thanks for the info :rolleyes:

What drew you to SDA and away from Southern Baptist?

Curious Mary

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there are certainly women who were prophets in the scripture and one was a pastor [Gen 29:9]. Probably because of the world and man's ways in it God winked for a time and let men do things, which later would not be allowed at all. God did not break His own Word. Rather He established whatever He said... sometimes in recognition of hard-hearted men He allowed things which fell short of the goal He had set but it would not always be so:

"They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." Matt 19:7-8

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" Acts 17:30

Consider also the multiple wives of David called a man after God's own heart and the apple of His eye. In the Book of Genesis as well as in the writings of Paul and in the words of Jesus it was to be one man to one woman yet King David was a polygamist. This confirms for us how far men had fallen since being put out of Eden. David was lifted up, but was not John the Baptist a greater prophet even than David so then if we are a part of the kingdom of God...?

"For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." Luke 7:28

The man's role in the flesh in a marriage may be as you say, as the head of the woman, but spiritually are there not both physical males and females to be a part of the Bride of Christ? Is there not only one Bridegroom, the Head, which is Jesus? You and me, should we not want to be part of the Bride in spite of our physical maleness? Is not the natural marriage of a man and a woman [husband and wife] is but a shadow of the Reality of the spiritual Bride, the Lamb's wife?

"And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will show thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." Rev. 21:9

O to be a part of the Bride of Lamb! Is this a desire which male believers should not have?

ok

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh....I never knew that they have the 2nd largest health and education systems of any Christian church!!!

Thanks for the info :rolleyes:

What drew you to SDA and away from Southern Baptist?

Curious Mary
The most systematic theology I could ever have imagined. My father-in-law handed me a Bible study guide on the state of the dead, and before I knew it, I was hooked. I soaked up the truth like a sponge. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most systematic theology I could ever have imagined. My father-in-law handed me a Bible study guide on the state of the dead, and before I knew it, I was hooked. I soaked up the truth like a sponge. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :)

you beat everything! You know it!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

natural law tooth and claw, it’s just the Robert e. Lee natural bridge, that’s a tree fell over a shallow spot in the crick

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should make a thread for this!!! :)

I don’t want a taught ship to get all loose

stop tantalizing her! You words say no but eyes say yes

she probably got her nose stuck in some dry goods store

stop all this nullin and voiding come full moon we gonna have a ceremony

the white horse knew

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Catholic Church you belong to was the union of church and state, that institution that had the civil authority granted it by the Emperor Justinian in the 6th century. It was this church that had power to lord it over other Christian congregations and actively persecute heretics using her civil authority, (the second sword) which practice you condone. So no. Not circa 30, but specifically 538ad.
Then, perhaps YOU can furhish us with the official document from the Roman Empire that gave birth th the Catholic Church?
Yeah - that's what I thought . . .

Ignatius of Antioch (Student of the Apostle John)
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole EUCHARIST you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, WHEREVER JESUS CHRIST IS PRESENT, THERE IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH."
(Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Reactions: theefaith

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then, perhaps YOU can furhish us with the official document from the Roman Empire that gave birth th the Catholic Church?
Yeah - that's what I thought . . .

Ignatius of Antioch (Student of the Apostle John)
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole EUCHARIST you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, WHEREVER JESUS CHRIST IS PRESENT, THERE IS THE CATHOLIC CHURCH."
(Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).
Perhaps you can furnish us with original manuscripts of Ignatius's Epistle to the Smyrneans.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps you can furnish us with original manuscripts of Ignatius's Epistle to the Smyrneans.
Perhaps YOU can show us why the UNANIMOUS teaching of the Early Church Fathers spoke of . . .

- The CATHOLIC Church
- The Clergy/hierarchy (Bishops, priests, deacons)
- The EUCHARIST
- The Church of ROME having Primacy
- Peter's primacy

Does this sound like any Protestant demonination?
And ALL BEFORE this fictitious date of "538 AD" . . .

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole EUCHARIST you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him.
In like manner let everyone respect the deacons as they would respect Jesus Christ, and just as they respect the bishop as a type of the Father, and the presbyters as the council of God and college of the apostles. Without these, it cannot be called a Church.
(Letter to the Trallians 3:1-2 [A. D. 110]).

Irenaeus
But since it would be too long to enumerate in such a volume as this the succession of all the churches, we shall confound all those who, in whatever manner, whether through self-satisfaction or vainglory, or through blindness and wicked opinion, assemble other than where it is proper, by pointing out here the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at ROME by the two most glorious apostles. Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. WITH THAT CHURCH, BECAUSE OF ITS SUPERIOR ORIGIN, ALL THE CHURCHES MUST AGREE, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition (Against Heresies 3:3:2 [inter A.D. 180-190]).

Tertullian
Where was Marcion then, that shipmaster of Pontus, the zealous student of Stoicism? Where was Valentinus then, the disciple of Platonism? For it is evident that those men lived not so long ago – in the reign of Antoninus for the most part – and that they at first were believers in the doctrine of the CATHOLIC CHURCH, in the CHURCH OF ROME under the episcopate of the blessed Eleutherus, until on account of their ever restless curiosity, with which they even infected the brethren, they were more than once expelled (On the Prescription Against Heretics 22,30 [A.D.200])

Clement of Alexandria
A multitude of other pieces of advice to particular persons is written in the holy books: some for presbyters, some for bishops and deacons; and others for widows, of whom we shall have opportunity to speak elsewhere (The Instructor of Children 3:12:97:2 [pre-A.D. 202]).

Cyprian
Peter speaks there, on whom the Church was to be built, teaching and showing in the name of the Church, that although a rebellious and arrogant multitude of those who will not hear or obey may depart, yet the Church does not depart from Christ; and they are the Church who are a people united to the priest, and the flock which adheres to its pastor. Whence you ought to know that the bishop is in the Church, and the Church in the bishop; AND IF ANY ONE BE NOT WITH THE BISHOP, THAT HE IS NOT IN THE CHURCH, and that those flatter themselves in vain who creep in, not having peace with God’s priests, and think that they communicate secretly with some; while the Church which is Catholic and one, is not cut nor divided, but is indeed connected and bound together by the cement of priests who cohere with one another (Letters 66 [A.D. 253]).