Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way - MOST Protestants that I have spoken with would completely disagree with this position.
99% of them tell me that we DON'T cooperate with God in our salvation - and that it is 100% HIS doing.

Unfortunately - this is NOT a Biblical teaching - but a man-made perversion of the Protestant Revolt . . .
I'm not a calvinist. That's calvinist doctrine. 100 percent grace doesn't mean we don't have to respond to God's invitation. Accepting a gift is not a work. It's the opposite of works.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth

I want you to know that I appreciate you taking the time to give me a couple of meaningful answers. I'm afraid I'm just not ready to receive your message favorably at this time. To be honest, I sincerely believe the Seventh-day Adventist movement is onto something. It's going to take something extraordinary indeed to shake me from the understanding of Christ, and Him crucified that I've been blessed with through the Adventist church. I'm truly sorry if that disappoints you. :)

I'll tell you frankly, it was the miraculous story in Daniel, chapter 2 that hooked me. I don't know of any other church that's teaching it, but it is absolutely amazing. It's the closest thing to proof of God's existence you'll find in the Bible. It's usually the 1st or 2nd thing you'll hear about when you attend an Adventist evangelistic crusade. God has nearly the entire history from the Babylonian empire to the 2nd coming of Christ in a vivid outline. Don't mean to ramble and bore you. I just get so excited when I think about it. The Bible is so alive and powerful. It truly is Jesus in written form, just as He is the Word made flesh.

God Bless You, my friend.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth

I want you to know that I appreciate you taking the time to give me a couple of meaningful answers. I'm afraid I'm just not ready to receive your message favorably at this time. To be honest, I sincerely believe the Seventh-day Adventist movement is onto something. It's going to take something extraordinary indeed to shake me from the understanding of Christ, and Him crucified that I've been blessed with through the Adventist church. I'm truly sorry if that disappoints you. :)

I'll tell you frankly, it was the miraculous story in Daniel, chapter 2 that hooked me. I don't know of any other church that's teaching it, but it is absolutely amazing. It's the closest thing to proof of God's existence you'll find in the Bible. It's usually the 1st or 2nd thing you'll hear about when you attend an Adventist evangelistic crusade. God has nearly the entire history from the Babylonian empire to the 2nd coming of Christ in a vivid outline. Don't mean to ramble and bore you. I just get so excited when I think about it. The Bible is so alive and powerful. It truly is Jesus in written form, just as He is the Word made flesh.

God Bless You, my friend.
Why would it dissapoint me?? But the only way to know Christ is by Christ. You made your bed you must put up with teh consequence. Come out of her MY PEOPLE. There will be no one there to hold your hand on that day. The bible alive,

" But you will not come to me so i can give you lIfe", He is rejecting your claim.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would it dissapoint me?? But the only way to know Christ is by Christ. You made your bed you must put up with teh consequence. Come out of her MY PEOPLE. There will be no one there to hold your hand on that day. The bible alive,

" But you will not come to me so i can give you lIfe", He is rejecting your claim.
I was afraid you'd respond that way. Business as usual.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear David,

Again, that is pure speculation with no evidence to substantiate it. On the contrary, I offered teaching from the Bishop of Antioch (circa 100 AD) that demonstrated the role of the bishop in the Church. Here is some more from Ignatius:

Wheresoever the bishop shall appear, there let
the people be; even as where Jesus may be, there is
the universal Church. It is not lawful apart from the
bishop either to baptize or to hold a love-feast; but
whatsoever he shall approve, this is well-pleasing also
to God; that everything which ye do may be sure and
valid.

St. Ignatius of Antioch to the Smyrnaeans (Lightfoot translation)

Further, with the Church in Rome, the Church in Alexandria and the Church in Constantinople we have 3, 2000 year old living witnesses to this Truth. Where is the 2000 year old Christian community that says otherwise?

Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

ahh, now we get to it... you would claim the authority to preside over the sacrifice yourself?

Here again is St. Ignatius:

Be ye careful therefore to observe one eucharist
(for there is one flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ and
one cup unto union in His blood; there is one altar,
as there is one bishop, together with the presbtery
and the deacons my fellow-servants), that whatsoever
ye do, ye may do it after God.

St. Ignatius of Antioch to the Philadelphians (Lightfoot translation)

Now I ask you honestly, why would anyone listen to your fanciful tales rather than one who learned these things from the apostles and was installed by them as the Bishop of Antioch?

Brother, you need to lay it all down and listen to what the Spirit has taught the Church for 2000 years..

The Truth does not change!

Peace be with you!

Yes I agree, the Nicolaitans were a first century problem as well, This is how Nicolaitan doctrines creep in, and if you read the writings of Paul in the order they were written in time you can see how he fought with this nature in himself, and in others. We must ever be vigilant of these Nicolaitan doctrines for they creep in unawares.... remember human nature is like this, the desire to lord over and the willingness to defer responsibility in the individual.... this is the nature that cults breed in and this is the nature that Nicolaitan doctrine breeds in..... and this is the nature that leads the churches into harlotry. It is as old as History. As Much as I admire Ignatius as an early church father, I disagree with these things in his doctrine based on scripture, and the writings of the apostles. I enjoy reading church History for this reason, as you can see how the church was corrupted by well meaning men, who lost touch with the message and Presence of God over time and began to operate under the will of men as opposed to the will of God. (2 Peter 1:20-21) I see this same thing happen with Luther, and Wesley and how the churches they founded have been corrupted in the same manner, I see Luther and the reformation as the Sardis church age, (revelation 3:1-6 and Wesley, and the great awakening and fundamentalism as the Philadelphian church age, (Revelation 3:7-13) and they each fell into the same harlotry as their candle was removed out of its place (Revelation 2:5) and that candle of truth and the presence of God was lit in the next church age. I see this happening in this the Laodicean church age with doctrines such as NAR and Kingdom now movements , and the prosperity preachers doing the same thing. God always has a remnant spared that remains holy and devoted to him, this was the lesson Elijah had to learn, that he was not alone but God always has a remnant to ignite the fire in that has not fallen victim to this sort of harlotry. They are the ones that reform the church and keep the flame burning.

We approaching the end of the church age, what comes next? We are in the final church age, what is next? Revelation is clear on this, the saints are born and the woman the church goes into the wilderness to give birth to the saints, and what remains of the woman after the wilderness is she comes riding out on the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit as a harlot, arrayed in Purple in Scarlet with a golden cup and pearls and precious stones. But this union with earthly power will eventually betray her and lead to her demise. It is a warning you should heed as should all who are in the church. For she is not just the catholic church but the mother of harlots as well.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was afraid you'd respond that way. Business as usual.
Cant help it, teh only way is Christ, that narrow way,and few there find it, Like I said your choice you must live with the consequence as all those who refuse teh call. Com out of her, few are willing.

The Lord is my Shepherd ....

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes I agree, the Nicolaitans were a first century problem as well,

And now you would charge Ignatius as a Nicolation? With no evidence?

Were Ignatius such, he would hardly have been commended by Polycarp. Neither would he have been held up as a hero of the Faith, which he is.. martyred by lions in the Collesium.

If you are not in communion with Ignatius and Polycarp, you are not in communion with the apostle John and the rest of the apostles...

Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that the antichrist was coming, so now many antichrists have appeared. Thus we know this is the last hour.

They went out from us, but they were not really of our number; 10 if they had been, they would have remained with us. Their desertion shows that none of them was of our number.

We approaching the end of the church age, what comes next? We are in the final church age, what is next? Revelation is clear on this, the saints are born and the woman the church goes into the wilderness to give birth to the saints, and what remains of the woman after the wilderness is she comes riding out on the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit as a harlot, arrayed in Purple in Scarlet with a golden cup and pearls and precious stones. But this union with earthly power will eventually betray her and lead to her demise. It is a warning you should heed as should all who are in the church. For she is not just the catholic church but the mother of harlots as well.

Madness straight from the pits of hell..

Brother, it is the enemy whispering in your ear, keeping you from union with the Cup of Salvation and your brethren, let go of this hatred and turn to Christ!

But if you warn the wicked man, trying to turn him from his way, and he refuses to turn from his way, he shall die for his guilt, but you shall save yourself.

St. Ignatius and St, Polycarp,
Pray for us!

All are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a calvinist. That's calvinist doctrine. 100 percent grace doesn't mean we don't have to respond to God's invitation. Accepting a gift is not a work. It's the opposite of works.
Accepting a gift is COOPERATION, which Scripture calls "sunergos".

We can cooperate with God's grace, as Paul states (1 Cor. 3:9, 2 Cor. 6:1) - or we can refuse to cooperate like apostate Jerusalem (Matt. 23:37, Luke 13:34).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - the problem with anti-Catholicicm is that it has been around for several centuries - and people tend to regurgitate old, debunked myths and lies.
Coming from you that is pure gold.... Put a smile on my face :) Thanks good start to the day

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any true believer will be repentant because the spirit will convict him of sin. But even repentance doesn't earn us any points. It's all grace.
WRONG.

Every
true believer always has a choice - and they don't always make the right choice.
If we did - we would NEVER sin in the first place.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coming from you that is pure gold.... Put a smile on my face :) Thanks good start to the day
Why?
Because I've debunked all of YOUR lies?

You're right - that DOES make me smile . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry he is perfectly correct...
Maybe according to YOUR online paramilitary cult (aggressigchristianity.net) - but NOT according to Scripture . . .
Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why?
Because I've debunked all of YOUR lies?

You're right - that DOES make me smile . . .
When a man is so filled with hate and not truth, how could he ever know the truth,

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Must be noisy in your house.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe according to YOUR online paramilitary cult (aggressigchristianity.net) - but NOT according to Scripture . . .
Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 10:12, 1 Tim. 4:1, 1 Tim. 4:16, 2 Tim. 2:12, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet. 2:20-21, 2 Pet. 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19
@Renniks Yes I have to correct myself, The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, not those who are in Christ the true believers, because those in Christ cannot sin, maybe one day the world might figure that out but I seriously doubt it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a man is so filled with hate and not truth, how could he ever know the truth,
1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
Must be noisy in your house.
And when a guy is filled with this kind of garbage - there's NO room for truth . . .
upload_2021-1-15_12-22-0.png

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
(aggressigchristianity.net)
I did warn yot o stay away from that site, the truth upsets you its your own doing. Just proves you have no answer to the truth its a thorn in your side not mine, maybe one day you will find Him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And when a guy is filled with this kind of garbage - there's NO room for truth . . .
View attachment 12655
Oh here we going throwing matches to teh pyre, I told you , you cant burn p[people at the stake anymore if you really hate the truth so muchh go back to your catholic forums. As all you do as everyone know is prove your hate for the truth.
Come out of her my people lest you be a partaker of her plagues, its too late for you, you already have caught them Hate bitterness, lies, hate for truth, But I have better things to do than be lowered to your level,

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Renniks Yes I have to correct myself, The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, not those who are in Christ the true believers, because those in Christ cannot sin, maybe one day the world might figure that out but I seriously doubt it.
And Scripture blows your perversion right out of the water . . .

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God “take away” somebody’s “share” of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh here we going throwing matches to teh pyre, I told you , you cant burn p[people at the stake anymore if you really hate the truth so muchh go back to your catholic forums. As all you do as everyone know is prove your hate for the truth.
Come out of her my people lest you be a partaker of her plagues, its too late for you, you already have caught them Hate bitterness, lies, hate for truth, But I have better things to do than be lowered to your level,
I did warn yot o stay away from that site, the truth upsets you its your own doing. Just proves you have no answer to the truth its a thorn in your side not mine, maybe one day you will find Him.
I'm not "buringing" anybody at the stake.

I am simply pointing out that YOUR cult, "onlinechristianity.net, the home of the "Shim Ra Na" sect is an affront to God because it perverts His Word.