Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your claim above in RED shows your complete ignorance of Scripture.

Jesus's blessing of Peter in Matt. 16:18-19 actually MIRRORS that of God's blessing on Eliakim in the OT - who was given the Keys to the House of David:
Isaiah 22:20–22

In that day I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah, and I will clothe him with your robe, and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah. And I will place on his shoulder the KEY TO THE HOUSE OF DAVID; he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

Matt. 16:18-19
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the KEYS TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Do you see the UNMISTAKABLE parallel??
Thhe "Keys" represent SUPREME AUTHORITY - similar to the power Joseph had over Pharoah's Kingdom (Gen. 41:40-44).

If you refuse to see the parallel - you are CLOSING your eyes to the Word of God.
Good luck with that . . .
The government shall be on... Whose shoulder? The moment we hear the gospel, we have the keys to heaven.
KJV Revelation 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
KJV Revelation 3:7
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

I think the verses above reveal Who truly has supreme authority.

Reactions: Renniks

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not a single Sacred Tradition contradicts scripture,
I think this dude is scared of me and blocked me, but I'll answer this anyway.
Sunday sacredness is a tradition that contradicts scripture. Calling the priest father is a tradition that contradicts scripture.
The Waldenses interestingly enough, provoked the ire of Rome for several reasons, were grossly persecuted by the state powers at the behest of the Roman clergy, and one reason was because they refused to call their pastors father, or teacher, but uncle. Another reason was because they knew the Bible better than any Catholic priest or bishop. The Waldensian missionaries were not permitted to minister until they knew most of the Bible by heart. This usually took them about two years.
Oh. And in the earlier years before the reformation they observed the Sabbath.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, no answers to the scripture I posted?

And James was speaking of being justified before man, not God.
HI Renniks,

The answer to the Scripture you posted was the two quotes from Scripture I posted that destroys your theory that we are saved by faith ALONE!!!

I agree with the Scripture you posted. However I am not going to do like you did and cherry pick Scripture to find passages that agree with me and throw out the ones that disagree with me. You are saying "faith alone" saves you. Scripture and The Church disagree with you and says we need more than that. Having faith is ONE of the things that The Church and Scripture says we must do to be saved. I gave you 2 passages that destroys your 500 year old faith alone teaching of men. There are MANY more. Read @BreadOfLife post #995.

Your interpretation (or the interpretation you were taught by other men) that "James was speaking of being justified before man, not God" is simply NOT TRUE!! Read the entire passage IN CONTEXT Renniks. It talks about what Abraham did for God to prove his faith. It had NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING to do with what man must do in front of another man to be justified....That makes zero sense!!!

Most importantly read this vs from that passage and let it sink in: Do you want to be shown, you senseless person, that faith apart from works is barren? So, do you want to be shown that Renniks??? Then read the vs right after that and you will be shown!!!

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice dodge, but it's obvious that the doctrine that says the CC has Christ's authority gives them carte blanche in thier actions.
Ummmm....I'm not dodging anything since I didn't make an accusation I can't back up o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Once again I challenge you to show me that doctrine. You have made the accusation and you need to stop dodging it and back it up:

The Holy See

Patient Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, and this proves what? Only that the apostles spreading the gospel opens heaven, which I already said. God is the Supreme authority, over every other authority.
It provs your idiotic claim was WRONG.

YOU
said:
"So the text ( the rest of the bible) doesn’t give any other explanation of what it means to be given “the keys of the kingdom” other than “whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

The verses I showed you pretty much BURY that comment . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The government shall be on... Whose shoulder? The moment we hear the gospel, we have the keys to heaven.

No, "WE" don't.
Jesus holds the Keys - and he transferred that power to Peter ALONE (Matt. 16:18-19).
KJV Revelation 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
KJV Revelation 3:7
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

I think the verses above reveal Who truly has supreme authority.
And as I already showed you - from Scripture - Jesus, who holds those Keys transferred that power onto Peter (Matt. 16:18-19).

As I schooled you on a previous post - this is MIRRORED by the transfrring of God's power of the Keys of the House of David to Eliakim (Isa. 2:20:22) and the transfer of power of the kingdom of Pharoah to Joseph (Gen. 41:40-44).

STUDY
your Bible.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It provs your idiotic claim was WRONG.

YOU
said:
"So the text ( the rest of the bible) doesn’t give any other explanation of what it means to be given “the keys of the kingdom” other than “whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

The verses I showed you pretty much BURY that comment . . .
No, they confirm that comment. And your constant insults are childish and unwarranted. What are you 13 years old?

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with the Scripture you posted. However I am not going to do like you did and cherry pick Scripture to find passages that agree with me and throw out the ones that disagree with me. You are saying "faith alone" saves you. Scripture and The Church disagree with you and says we need more than that.
No, your church says that we need to work for our salvation. Scripture does not. This is probably the most prevalent false teaching found both in Christianity and in every false religion and every cult in the world. It's why many will come before God and say "We did this for you! We did that for you!" And he will say "Depart from me, I never knew you." Because these people are the tares that Satan plants in the visible church. They have never been to the cross. They don't really believe they need the cross because they are still trying to work their way to God.
Yes, Abraham showed that he had faith by his actions and James says I will show you my faith by my actions. But those actions are the result of their faith not vice versa. The actions don't save them, they only demonstrate what already exists in them, a contrite heart of flesh.
Don't be a tare. Don't be proud of your accomplishments that only exist because of God's grace.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most importantly read this vs from that passage and let it sink in: Do you want to be shown, you senseless person, that faith apart from works is barren? So, do you want to be shown that Renniks??? Then read the vs right after that and you will be shown!!!
Of course, true faith produces good work. It can't do otherwise. James also said if you keep the whole law, except one part, you are still guilty before God. Do you not see what is so obvious? James understood that we can never be justified by works but that they will flow from a heart of faith.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they confirm that comment. And your constant insults are childish and unwarranted. What are you 13 years old?
I don't hurl "unwarranted" insults - they are observations based on what I read.
YOUR claim WAS idiotic because it was Scripturally-bankrupt.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever fib helps you justify your behavior, I guess...
I don't "fib".

YOU
falsely said:
"So the text ( the rest of the bible) doesn’t give any other explanation of what it means to be given “the keys of the kingdom” other than “whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”"

And I corrected you by showing you that the Bible INDEED explains this supreme Authority by showing parallels like that of Eliakim in Isa. 22:20–22 and Joseph in Gen. 41:40-44.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't "fib".

YOU
falsely said:
"So the text ( the rest of the bible) doesn’t give any other explanation of what it means to be given “the keys of the kingdom” other than “whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”"

And I corrected you by showing you that the Bible INDEED explains this supreme Authority by showing parallels like that of Eliakim in Isa. 22:20–22 and Joseph in Gen. 41:40-44.
Where's the verse saying to call your brother a fool? Or an idiot? Oh that's right, Jesus said not to do to that. No brownie points for Bread!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where's the verse saying to call your brother a fool? Or an idiot? Oh that's right, Jesus said not to do to that. No brownie points for Bread!
I never called you a fool.
I said your false claim was idiotic.

How about this one:
Exod. 20:16
“You shall NOT bear false witness against your neighbor."

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never called you a fool.
I said your false claim was idiotic.

How about this one:
Exod. 20:16
“You shall NOT bear false witness against your neighbor."
You and I both know there are better ways to say you disagree than " idiotic", so cut the rationalizations.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and I both know there are better ways to say you disagree than " idiotic", so cut the rationalizations.
And you and I both know that making an idiotic comment is NOT the same as BEING an idiot.
I've made idiotic remarks in my lifetime - but I'm no idiot.

Last edited: