Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the Catholic Church's idea of denying the Cross and replacing it with Mary, communion, and water.

Its the Catholic Chruch that teaches that if you Believe what Paul teaches as "my Gospel", ... Justification by faith, without works...
or this verse..."Grace through faith, without works", then you are going to hell for believing what the CC claims is a "lie".

"If anyone believes that Salvation is Faith, as Justification by God, without works, let him be Anathema"..

So, that is the CC, teaching that Paul's Gospel of Justification by Faith, is a "lie", or as you just proved, is what the CC teaches.

FACAGA?

Rev. 2 I know thy works! I thought faith alone is all that mattered?

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

How can salvation be by faith alone in Christ alone thru grace alone?

Faith alone?

1 cor 13:2 and 13:13, Phil 1:29, James 2:24 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 oppose faith alone!

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not Christ alone must also believe on the Father who sent Christ!

Grace alone? Mk 16:16 faith and baptism!
Jn 3:5 water and the spirit! Ez 36:25-27

Not grace alone but, grace, baptism, and the spirit, and a new heart full of love of God!

Matt 5:7 mercy thru merciful
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

Acts 22:15 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
murder is forbidden by the fifth commandment the true church cannot murder anyone
your avoiding the question again.
these people were killed, burned alive, executed, put to death, murdered, you are welcome to call it whatever you like. in the end they all died.
did Jesus tell the church to do this? fourth time now.
i think we both know you have dug a pretty big hole for yourself. Jesus and the 12 didnt kill people when they didnt believe them. the church killed many many many many people. when they burned people alive the executed women, young teens, when they went on crusades against Christians they would kill women and young children.
if you think Jesus told them to do these terrible things, you have some serious problems, the actions of the church makes it look like it was controlled by Satan.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your avoiding the question again.
these people were killed, burned alive, executed, put to death, murdered, you are welcome to call it whatever you like. in the end they all died.
did Jesus tell the church to do this? fourth time now.
i think we both know you have dug a pretty big hole for yourself. Jesus and the 12 didnt kill people when they didnt believe them. the church killed many many many many people. when they burned people alive the executed women, young teens, when they went on crusades against Christians they would kill women and young children.
if you think Jesus told them to do these terrible things, you have some serious problems, the actions of the church makes it look like it was controlled by Satan.

that’s stupid
It’s not a matter of not believing what the true church teaches
It is heresy that’s is the dissemination of error false doctrines and refusing to stop teaching errors

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
that’s stupid
It’s not a matter of not believing what the true church teaches
It is heresy that’s is the dissemination of error false doctrines and refusing to stop teaching errors

exactly, its pretty stupid to tell people that Jesus leads the church and that same church goes out and murders, burns people alive, tortures people, has leaders that are involved in every corrupt and debauched act you can think of and burn villages to the ground that are full of women and children.
these are the acts of Satan, not Jesus.

Reactions: Renniks

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
exactly, its pretty stupid to tell people that Jesus leads the church and that same church goes out and murders, burns people alive, tortures people, has leaders that are involved in every corrupt and debauched act you can think of and burn villages to the ground that are full of women and children.
these are the acts of Satan, not Jesus.
Not the church
The state executes justice

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the purposes of The Church is to settle our differences.....just like it says in Matthew 18:17!

Which church would you like to go to??? Patient Mary.....
I think I just told you. Unless you mean what denomination? Doesn't matter to me.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not the church
The state executes justice
With the churches approval and encouragement. It's actually no different than the Jews having to deliver Jesus to the Romans for execution.
His blood was still on the ones who delivered him.
And you defend the actions of a church when it did the same to anyone who didn't follow it's every precept and tradition. You don't follow Jesus. You follow a corrupt institution. A religion, not a Savior.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seperation of church and state produces injustice
the state require the influence of the church on morals and virtues and the true religion
Oh my goodness... Every time I think you can't get any more ridiculous, you do.
See that's the problem: whose true religion? Yours? What if your religions morals include killing children for being born into a house where the parents didn't baptize them?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have the Didache, and know it was written in the first century so will have to take another look. Another book written in the first century, but others believe around 130 in Alexandria is the Epistle of Barnabas. I LOVE that book and believe it should have been put in the canon seeing as the Didache quoted it. (Pretty hard to do if written in 130). It was also on 6 lists of books church fathers wanted included in the canon. Still haven't found out why it wasn't.
Thank you. I am familiar with barnabas. I will have to look into it more

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we had this exact conversation way back. the fact that people were burned alive doesnt seem to phase you which is really scary because it makes chills go down my spine thinking of that being done to anyone. you seem to want to ignore that it happened and go wayyyyyyyyyy out in to left field trying to put a precise number on it, who cares what the specific number was.
I never put a number on it....you did. Remember???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See that's the problem: whose true religion? Yours? What if your religions morals include killing children for being born into a house where the parents didn't baptize them?

Gods true religion the one true faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

quote I will not even believe the gospel without the testimony of the holy church founded by Christ! Saint Augustine