Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptized in what name?

I saw that, you RCC Acts skipper....naughty, naughty!
You are either a very confused or dishonest person.....

After all your discussions with me and BOL and theefaith and your own ability to do a Google search (I prefer BING) if you don't know by now what The Church teaches about baptism then you are either confused or a dishonest person. Out of grace I am leaning towards confused but the more you post the more I think your being dishonest.

Acts skipper???? You make no sense!!! Like I predicted, and you came through kiddo :cool:: I know I won't get a serious answer but I thought I would try!!

Mary

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are either a very confused or dishonest person.....

After all your discussions with me and BOL and theefaith and your own ability to do a Google search (I prefer BING) if you don't know by now what The Church teaches about baptism then you are either confused or a dishonest person. Out of grace I am leaning towards confused but the more you post the more I think your being dishonest.

Acts skipper???? You make no sense!!! Like I predicted, and you came through kiddo :cool:: I know I won't get a serious answer but I thought I would try!!

Mary
I saw you hit the power brakes right here...."be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins".

That is an official mark of the Acts skipper society.

I dub thee a knight of the Acts skippers.

Congratulations.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter’s apostolic jurisdiction is universal!
Just as Christ is the head of the church, Peter is the head of the church in His place, others are only local bishops
matt 16:18 keys of jurisdictional authority over the entire kingdom of heaven and earth! Supreme authority in universal justification!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw you hit the power brakes right here...."be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins".

That is an official mark of the Acts skipper society.

I dub thee a knight of the Acts skippers.

Congratulations.
I don't have a clue what you are saying.....Acts skipper??? Power brakes????

None the less....thank you for your time....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only does Acts 15 show that the leader of the Church was James, the brother of Jesus in Acts 15, but Eusebius, the early church historian does also. After his death, James was succeeded by Symeon, another relative of Jesus. The Church was always headed by a Desposyni, a relative of Jesus, not one of the apostles.

"After the martyrdom of James and the capture of Jerusalem which instantly followed, there is a firm tradition that those of the apostles and disciples of the Lord who were still alive assembled from all parts together with those who, humanly speaking, were kinsmen of the Lord - for most of them were still living. Then they all discussed together who they should choose as a fit person to succeed James, and voted unanimously that Symeon, son of the Clopas mentioned in the gospel narrative, was a fit person to occupy the throne of the Jerusalem see. He was, so it is said, a cousin of the Saviour, for Hegesippus tells us that Clopas was Joseph's brother.

Under the reign of Domitian, the same emperor ordered the execution of all who were of David's line, and there is an old and firm tradition tat a group of heetics accused the descendants of Jude - the brother, humanly speaking, of the Saviour - on the ground that they were of David's line and related to Christ Himself. This is stated by Hegesippus in so many words:

And there still survived of the Lord's family the grandsons of Jude, who was said to be His brother, humanly speaking. These were informed against as being of David's line, and brought by the evocatus before Domitian Caesar, who was as afraid of the advent of Christ as Herod had been. Domitian asked them whether they were descended from David, and they admitted it. Then he asked them what property they owned and what funds they had at their disposal. They replied that they had only 9,000 denarii between them, half belonging to each; this, they said, was not available in cash, but was the estimated value of only thirty-nine plethora of land, from which they raised the money to pay their taxes and wherewithal to support themselves by their own toil.

Then, the writer continues, they showed him their hands putting forward as proof of their toil the hardness of their bodies and the calluses impressed on their hands by incessant labour. When asked about Christ and His Kingdom - what it was like, and where and when it would appear - they explained that it was not of this world or anywhere on earth, but angelic and in heaven, and would be established at the end of the world, when He would come in glory to judge the quick and the dead and give every man payment according to his conduct. On hearing this, Domitian found no fault with them, but despising them as beneath his notice let them go free and issued orders terminating the persecution of the Church. On their release they became leaders of the churches, both because they had borne testimony and because they were of the Lord's family; and thanks to the establishment of peace they lived on into Trajan's time. So must we learn from Hegesippus."

Eusebius describes Peter as the leader amoung the disciples of Jesus and the principal apostle.

So as you can see Peter was the head apostle, but the Desposyni were the heads of the whole Church.
Thanks Lady.

I have done some research on this matter. I have failed to see how you determined that the Desposyni were the heads of the whole Church? The text you quoted CLEARLY says "they became leaders of the churches" not The Church and they "occupy the throne of the Jerusalem see" which is the church in Jerusalem, not all the churches. Soooooo did you interpret Eusebius to mean The Whole Church in those sentences or did some other man teach you that?

EUSEBIUS lived in the 3-4 century and he relied on writings of other men to write his History of The Early Church. Soooo what did men BEFORE him say about Peter:

Clement of Alexandria
“[T]he blessed Peter, the chosen, the preeminent, the first among the disciples, for whom alone with himself the Savior paid the tribute [Matt. 17:27], quickly grasped and understood their meaning. And what does he say? ‘Behold, we have left all and have followed you’ [Matt. 19:27; Mark 10:28]” (Who Is the Rich Man That Is Saved? 21:3–5 [A.D. 200]).

Tertullian
“For though you think that heaven is still shut up, remember that the Lord left the keys of it to Peter here, and through him to the Church, which keys everyone will carry with him if he has been questioned and made a confession [of faith]” (Antidote Against the Scorpion 10 [A.D. 211]).

“[T]he Lord said to Peter, ‘On this rock I will build my Church, I have given you the keys of the kingdom of heaven [and] whatever you shall have bound or loosed on earth will be bound or loosed in heaven’ [Matt. 16:18–19]. . . . Upon you, he says, I will build my Church; and I will give to you the keys, not to the Church” (Modesty 21:9–10 [A.D. 220]).

The Letter of Clement to James
“Be it known to you, my lord, that Simon [Peter], who, for the sake of the true faith, and the most sure foundation of his doctrine, was set apart to be the foundation of the Church, and for this end was by Jesus himself, with his truthful mouth, named Peter, the first fruits of our Lord, the first of the apostles; to whom first the Father revealed the Son; whom the Christ, with good reason, blessed” (Letter of Clement to James 2 [A.D. 221]).

Origen
f we were to attend carefully to the Gospels, we should also find, in relation to those things which seem to be common to Peter . . . a great difference and a preeminence in the things [Jesus] said to Peter, compared with the second class [of apostles]. For it is no small difference that Peter received the keys not of one heaven but of more, and in order that whatsoever things he binds on earth may be bound not in one heaven but in them all, as compared with the many who bind on earth and loose on earth, so that these things are bound and loosed not in [all] the heavens, as in the case of Peter, but in one only; for they do not reach so high a stage with power as Peter to bind and loose in all the heavens” (Commentary on Matthew 13:31 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian of Carthage
“The Lord says to Peter: ‘I say to you,’ he says, ‘that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church.’ . . . On him [Peter] he builds the Church, and to him he gives the command to feed the sheep [John 21:17], and although he assigns a like power to all the apostles, yet he founded a single chair [cathedra], and he established by his own authority a source and an intrinsic reason for that unity. Indeed, the others were that also which Peter was [i.e., apostles], but a primacy is given to Peter, whereby it is made clear that there is but one Church and one chair. So too, all [the apostles] are shepherds, and the flock is shown to be one, fed by all the apostles in single-minded accord. If someone does not hold fast to this unity of Peter, can he imagine that he still holds the faith? If he [should] desert the chair of Peter upon whom the Church was built, can he still be confident that he is in the Church?” (The Unity of the Catholic Church 4; 1st edition [A.D. 251]).

I have learned a lot thru this discussion with you....thank you!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such is the classic Catholic view which mixes justification and sanctification. Heart circumcision is sanctification and it is the work of a life time. Baptism is a public declaration of the death of the 'old man' which is a decision voluntarily made by the Christian which is at conversion.
Where does Scripture say that "Baptism is a public declaration of the death of the 'old man'"?

I see where Scripture says that "baptism now saves you"....nothing about "old man"! Also, I don't see where it says one has to be Baptized in public....unless you can show me that passage???? :rolleyes:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter’s apostolic jurisdiction is universal!
Just as Christ is the head of the church, Peter is the head of the church in His place, others are only local bishops
matt 16:18 keys of jurisdictional authority over the entire kingdom of heaven and earth! Supreme authority in universal justification!
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a clue what you are saying.....Acts skipper??? Power brakes????

None the less....thank you for your time....Mary
You're welcome.

Obey all of Acts 2:38.

Not just a portion of it.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
And Christ ascended to heaven... problem with administering the kingdom? Duh that was given to Peter and His successors and the apostles and their successors in union with peter in union with Christ in union with God
Oh a hierarchy! Wow!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Christ ascended to heaven... problem with administering the kingdom? Duh that was given to Peter and His successors and the apostles and their successors in union with peter in union with Christ in union with God
Oh a hierarchy! Wow!
Well, they all died.

They left no successor.

All we have is the words of the dead Apostles and Prophets left, and living Jesus, being the Chief.

So, the head is only Jesus, the living Chief.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Baptized in what name, and for the remission of what?

I was water baptized 11 yrs after i was born again.
The dying Thief on the Cross, was not water baptized at all.
So, if you are born again, then when you get to heaven, go and ask that Living Saved former "thief" all about it.
Till then, just think about that and maybe you can free your own self from what "water cults' teach to try to deceive.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Careful - your ignorance is showing again . . .
The discipline of priestly celibacy is found in the WESTERN Church - not in the Eastern Rites of the Church.
As I stated - it is a matter of diccipline - NOT doctrine.
Finally - as I educated you earlier - Paul was referring to the Gnostic heretics in his condemnation of their beliefs in 1 Tim 4.
For crying out out - do your HOMEWORK already . . .

Is it ignorance to try to pretend to believe what you are saying, that you know isn't true, when you know it is not related to rightly dividing the scriptures....
Listen, i know that you have to bend the bible to try to hide what you believe and what you've been taught.
I know that you have to twist the bible, as you've been taught, to try to hide what your religious organization actually teaches that offends the Cross.
But i know better.., as i know what your religious organization teaches.
So, all this perhaps shows your ignorance, but more specifically is just shows your self deception.

Go here, and learn.

Peter the Apostle's = Wife ???

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
what did Jesus mean when He commanded his Apostles to "Baptize" in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt. 28:19)?

Paul said that "Jesus sent me not to water baptize".
Paul is the "apostle to the gentiles".
We are currently living in the "time of the Gentiles".

Also, if you study the "Acts of the Apostles', you'll note the many occasions were conversion happens to mostly Jews.
It all cases, you find that they BELIEVE and are born again, and then, they are immersed.
See, its always like that...as you are born again, and then you should be water baptized.
They are not the same.
See, water follows the New Birth...that is caused by BELIEVING< that God Accepts to then via the Holy Spirit, give the BELIEVER the "new Birth"..
= born again..

Now listen carefully,
i know that you have to bend the bible to try to hide what you believe and what you've been taught.
I know that you have to twist the bible, as you've been taught, to try to hide what your religious organization actually teaches that offends the Cross.
So, all this perhaps shows your ignorance, but more specifically is just shows your self deception.

Go here, and learn.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks....At the end of your post you say that "Eusebius describes Peter as the leader amoung the disciples of Jesus and the principal apostle". But at the beginning of your post and in your previous post you seem to be making a defense for James being the leader among the disciples and principle Apostles soooo I am a bit confused!!!

Also there was only one question I asked you to answer and I can't find the answer in your response sooooo I will ask it again: At the Council of Jerusalem who is the one who made the authoritative statement We believe that we shall be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they [the Gentiles] will”.

Curious Mary
Jerusalem was the main and original church. James was the head, and if there was a problem among the churches, they had to go to Jerusalem to have it decided by James.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks.

What school did you attend or the RCC priests attend to learn to circumcise infants' hearts ?
We read verses like Acts 2:38-39, Col. 2:11-12, Gal. 3:27, Tit. 3:4-8, 1 Pet. 3:21 and Matt. 19:13-14.

Where did YOU learn that infants and children were kicked out of the Body of Christ?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm.....OK.....you do know there is a search option on this website and I can search what you posted and how often you posted???? Sooooooo I am wondering how you were able to post something everyday to everyone else but me if you haven't been home??? I ain't mad at ya'....I'm just curious.....

Curious...Mary
If you are in my alerts, I answer - always.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it ignorance to try to pretend to believe what you are saying, that you know isn't true, when you know it is not related to rightly dividing the scriptures....
Listen, i know that you have to bend the bible to try to hide what you believe and what you've been taught.

Go here, and learn.

You don't have to "bend" anything to understand that Paul is referring the the Gnostic heretics in 1 Tim. 4 and not the Catholic Church that he belonged to.

After all - they are the ones who considered certain foods, marriage and all material possessions as "evil".
This has never been a teaching of te Church . . .

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have done some research on this matter. I have failed to see how you determined that the Desposyni were the heads of the whole Church? The text you quoted CLEARLY says "they became leaders of the churches" not The Church and they "occupy the throne of the Jerusalem see" which is the church in Jerusalem, not all the churches. Soooooo did you interpret Eusebius to mean The Whole Church in those sentences or did some other man teach you that?

I can see why you wouldn't want to believe actual church history, but that is your choice. I looked up the names of all the "pope" and interestingly none of the desposyni's names are listed. Seems to me, there are two "Churches." I'm sure glad I am not blinded by what man believes. And the word "throne" should be a big hint that you need to rethink your allegiance. Especially when the RCC and Orthodox call Mary by a pagan title. A title that went back centuries before Christ. Queen of Heaven.