Who Goes to Heaven.....and What Will They Do There?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was then no reason to go and "prepare a place" for members of the elect in heaven if they were only coming back to the earth. Christ and his elect can rule OVER the earth without being ON the earth.

Except I gave you the scripture saying they will reign and rule ON THE EARTH, which countered your reply ahead of time:

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN ON THE EARTH.

Where do they reign?

Of course he is....but how?.....What did Jesus say just before he departed for heaven?
John 14:12, 18....
"Most truly I say to you, whoever exercises faith in me will also do the works that I do; and he will do works greater than these, because I am going my way to the Father. . . . I will not leave you bereaved. I am coming to you. 19 In a little while the world will see me no more, but you will see me, because I live and you will live."

I’m familiar with the Watchtower and the INVISIBLE JESUS nonsense they spout.

I’ve destroyed that claim in prior posts that I know you’ve seen.

To whit:
In Acts 1 Jesus literally ascends bodily and visibly from Mount Olive, and the angel said this same Jesus will return in like manner as you have seen Him leave - meaning His literal return bodily and visibly back to Mount Olive:

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Revelation 1:7 confirms He will return on a cloud - just as He left - visibly, and SEEN by every eye.

When Jesus was about to ascend to heaven to await the time of His return, He told the apostles, that in a little while they would see Him no more, but then in a little while longer, and they WOULD see Him. This is obviously referring to seeing them again at His return:

Joh 16:16 “A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me.”

Being seen no longer was temporary, and then they would see Him again later.

The full passage on this is crystal clear that they temporarily won’t see Him and will be sad, until He returns and they see Him again:

Joh 16:16 “A little while, and you will see me no longer; and again a little while, and you will see me.”

Joh 16:17 So some of his disciples said to one another, “What is this that he says to us, ‘A little while, and you will not see me, and again a little while, and you will see me’; and, ‘because I am going to the Father’?”

Joh 16:18 So they were saying, “What does he mean by ‘a little while’? We do not know what he is talking about.”

Joh 16:19 Jesus knew that they wanted to ask him, so he said to them, “Is this what you are asking yourselves, what I meant by saying, ‘A little while and you will not see me, and again a little while and you will see me’?

Joh 16:20 Truly, truly, I say to you, you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice. You will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn into joy.

Joh 16:21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

Joh 16:22 So also you have sorrow now, but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.

The above is just too clear to obfuscate with watchtower error. Not being seen was temporary.

One more refutation for good measure:

1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

John 14:1-4
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. 2 In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be. 4 And where I am going, you know the way.”

You’ve fallen short of showing that the city New Jerusalem isn’t what is meant there.

He returns, raises the dead, catches the living Christians up in the air to be with Him, 1 Thessalonians 4, then takes them to Mount Olive in Jerusalem, Zechariah 14:4-5, - which is where the city New Jerusalem will descend to.

Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of
Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

What’s interesting about the above is that Jesus returns to Mount Olive, Zechariah 14:4, as prophesied when He left from there in Acts 1, and we know it’s Jesus who returns there, and in the Hebrew it says YHWH shall come, with all the saints - yet another confirmation that the son of God, is also God the word.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who Goes to Heaven.....and What Will They Do There?
I don't know about the rest of us turkey's, however, this brown duck is gonna stretch his legs and do some running just like Jake Sully when he connects with his avatar.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question of what the redeemed will do is moot in the first place, because ear has not heard, nor eye seen what it will be like in heaven, and after heaven comes down to the new earth when the New Jerusalem descends.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined the things that God has prepared for those who love him."

It’s analogous to a caterpillar trying to imagine life as a butterfly.