Who I believe God’s elect are

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Predestination is in the Bible.

Eph 1:5

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

2Ti 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I wrote:

seems to contradict:

'Lively Stone' answered:

Forordained (quote 1), Predestined, (quote 2) and predetermined (quote 3) all have the same meaning in Christian theology... not 2 meanings or even 3.

God bless,

Ted

I think you should really think about it. Language can be confusing, but the concepts are concrete. God desires that all men know Him through Jesus Christ. He doesn't orchestrare people's lives and make determinations that certainmen will be condemned forever. Men do that for themselves. God happens to know about it, and those who God knows will choose Jesus, He predestines to become the image of Jesus Christ, as we obey Him.

ttruscott

Feb 3, 2012
Wet Coast of Canada
My years of thinking about this are many and do not include believing in contradictions, <shrug>. My observation was about your expression of ideas, not the ideas themselves.

I believe in predestination, ordination, (both prographō and tassō), and election.

I do NOT believe in unconditinal election or that foreknowedge preceeds creation.

Blessings,

Ted