'Who is able to make war with him?'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get into the overall course of human events on planet Earth too much, not even in prophecy. World events will not prevent a person choosing to follow God or not, which is of more concern to me. You may call it spiritualizing, but for me it is more of Life versus death for the individual.
Hello @amadeus,

My use of the word, 'spiritualizing' was simply to understand your reasoning. :) It was not intended to demean your stance, but to see where you were coming from.

I believe that prophecy will be fulfilled in it's entirety, in the way described. However, as you say, the purposes of God in regard to the redeemed will also be fulfilled in the manner and at the time of God's choosing.

Now is the day of salvation.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @amadeus,

My use of the word, 'spiritualizing' was simply to understand your reasoning. :) It was not intended to demean your stance, but to see where you were coming from.

I believe that prophecy will be fulfilled in it's entirety, in the way described. However, as you say, the purposes of God in regard to the redeemed will also be fulfilled in the manner and at the time of God's choosing.

Now is the day of salvation.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Thank you, but I really did not take it badly. I do recognize that people understand things differently for different reasons [disagreement?] as well as that they may focus on different things in their own pursuit of God's truth.

Only God is always qualified to judge our errors. Sometimes He shares that information [the fact of an error] with people... but many times He does not. If He does not, it is never, as I understand it, good to presume that we know the heart of another person.

I am certainly not against people who spend a lot and time effort on the 'outside' part of a prophecy you are looking at here, but that is not for me. I simply inserted my post for anyone who was interested or needed to know that there was another side to it.

Give God the glory!

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Don't let what you have received and direction God may have given you cause you to lose sight of some things God has decided are important. ...
You adjure me to be conscious of MY audience (that being YOU), but you completely ignore that your audience is already saved. So what "meat" do you have for the church as it sits at this moment? They're searching the Scriptures to anticipate the TRIBULATION. They WISELY don't want to suffer loss, and GOD is TRYING to WARN THEM through the Prophetic Scriptures.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm having difficulty also in following the thread...

Did you ever pick up a book and start reading from the middle? That's what the church attempts to do with Prophetic Scripture and World History. So is it any wonder that people are confused?

The Lion/Leopard/Bear in Rev. 13 don't appear out of the vapours. They're founded in Daniel 7, which is founded in Daniel 2. So you'd think people would start at Daniel 2, -- but maybe a house doesn't need a foundation. We'll jump directly to the "gingerbread" on the eaves, -- oh no, there's nothing to hang the gingerbread on ...

Whew,
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You adjure me to be conscious of MY audience (that being YOU), but you completely ignore that your audience is already saved. So what "meat" do you have for the church as it sits at this moment? They're searching the Scriptures to anticipate the TRIBULATION. They WISELY don't want to suffer loss, and GOD is TRYING to WARN THEM through the Prophetic Scriptures.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
Bobby Jo
All of them here are finally and completely saved including you? I guess I missed that... or maybe I did not believe that all of these people along with Paul had already finished their course, and that all of them already seeing Him "face to face".

LOL I did say you did not have to respond to me, but you did with a further rebuke and without answering my questions about principles.

Well carry on then in this enterprise so important to you for it is certainly not that important to God's people who are not worried about what men might do them:

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt 10:28

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of them here are finally and completely saved including you?
Maybe you missed that to post in these Topics they have do be CHRISTIANS. And I ain't their judge.

... I guess I missed that...

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of that going around ...

. ... without answering my questions about principles. ...
"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

You answered your own "principle" where we need to GO ON from salvation to PERFECTION. And THAT includes understanding what GOD has for the church at the end of the age. So why keep beating the poor little SALVATION MILK-HORSE? Can we give him a rest and concentrate on the greater things? -- I guess not. You're stuck in whatever version of "christianity" (small "c") which will ultimately add otherwise "Christian" (capital "C") souls to the Great Falling Away because they HAVE NO ENDURANCE. -- What a foolish enterprise ...

Rev. 13:10 ... Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Rev. 14:12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

You don't have to respond ...
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you missed that to post in these Topics they have do be CHRISTIANS. And I ain't their judge.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of that going around ...

"Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

You answered your own "principle" where we need to GO ON from salvation to PERFECTION. And THAT includes understanding what GOD has for the church at the end of the age. So why keep beating the poor little SALVATION MILK-HORSE? Can we give him a rest and concentrate on the greater things? -- I guess not. You're stuck in whatever version of "christianity" (small "c") which will ultimately add otherwise "Christian" (capital "C") souls to the Great Falling Away because they HAVE NO ENDURANCE. -- What a foolish enterprise ...

Rev. 13:10 ... Here is a call for the endurance and faith of the saints.
Rev. 14:12 Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

You don't have to respond ...
Bobby Jo
Other than to say I've been here, I won't.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast:
and they worshipped the beast, saying,

"Who is like unto the beast? [therion = a wild beast (G2342)]
Who is able to make war with him?'

(Rev. 13:4)

Hello there,

In the days in which we are living I can envisage a nation rising up, of whom it will be said, 'Who is able to make war with him?' This monstrous kingdom by which Gentile dominion in the earth will end. All of the nations appear like so many wild beasts, of which Nebuchadnezzar is symbolic, who became as a wild beast for seven times (Daniel 7:25).

Does anyone have anything to share on this?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Well, one thing I can say is, where have you been? You should easily be able to recognize today the "monstrous kingdom" that's been forming up for centuries, and today is almost complete.

Short Story:
The devil first rebelled against God, coveting His throne, in the world before this one. God ended that old world when Satan drew a third of stars in rebellion with him against God. In this present world Satan has ever since been trying to establish his one-world kingdom here on earth again. His workers crept in early among God's people. They sneaked into the priesthood, and were ready for Jesus' 1st coming to kill Him. And ever since then, having been scattered to all nations along with God's people, they have sought to take over governments, religious institutions, finance, education, economies, create central banks, all under the auspices of Illumism, Communism, etc., pointing to what Jesus called the "synagogue of Satan".

Jude 4
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BEWARE: those who keep pointing to Rome and the European Union as the coming one-word beast headquarters.

The headquarters will be in JERUSALEM.

Jerusalem is where Satan covets, because it is where God has chose to dwell and put His name there forever. If you're not focused on Jerusalem for the last days events according to Scripture, then you're not focused.

Jerusalem is where the seat of the one-world beast will be for the coming tribulation. That is why God's two witnesses will show up there, and not in Rome!

The propagandist Jews hate the pope and the Roman Church, so that is why the orthodox Jews they listen to teach them to point to Rome and the EU. In reality, when the beast (Antichrist/pseudo Messiah) shows up in Jerusalem, the whole world will be under his control, all nations like Revelation declares. And Jerusalem is where the orthodox Jews are expecting their awaited Messiah to show up. And he will, but their Messiah will not be the true Messiah, but an imposter! So beware of Jewish propagandists that come here spreading lies.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hello there @bbyrd009,

I have much to learn about this subject. :)

In Christ Jesus
Chris
here a little there a little arg, empty your pockets and walk out your front door imo, and it all comes to life, but like I came to dismantle all rule and authority and powers, then the end will come yeh, so this kingdom or country or whatever it was is maybe being misIDed? Looking for a literal future um lol anything...understand I AM its just a way to ignore herenow imo

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the "monstrous kingdom" that's been forming up for centuries, ...

Forming UP? Really? Forming UP! What doctrines are YOU FOLLOWING? We're all aware that satan goes about, and aware that he has a short time. What we're not aware of is his manifestations. And YOU haven't added a thing to that discovery.

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... beware of ...

FALSE TEACHERS ... that come here spreading lies.

How much "barnyard" can a person spew?!?
Bobby Jo

To All,

Even the town drunk can warn you that the bridge is out; and the village idiot can correctly state that Jerusalem will become the location of the one-world-government. But it's more than that. We can know the Organization; the Leader's name; when it will Happen; what the Outcome will be; who his Compatriots are; and how the church will be Affected. Of course neither the town drunk or the village idiot will have this much information, but it won't stop them from their braggadocio.

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

I thank all who have given their understanding of this subject. As for me? I am reading through the relevant scriptures, but do not see me having anything to contribute, beyond what is written there, for I will not conjecture.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Rather than viewing it as describing powers and events prophetically, which will take place in the course of world history.
i guess its easy to believe that those who have left the world might be giving a Revelation of Christ that concerns the world, yeh. They arent though, surely.
I'm having difficulty also in following the thread...
ah, my fault i guess farouk, i am not very good at this, sorry. I put these here to think about it some more first (he said, hoping @amadeus will save him lol)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All of them here are finally and completely saved including you? I guess I missed that... or maybe I did not believe that all of these people along with Paul had already finished their course, and that all of them already seeing Him "face to face".

LOL I did say you did not have to respond to me, but you did with a further rebuke and without answering my questions about principles.

Well carry then in this enterprise so important to you for it is certainly not that important to God's people who are not worried about what men might do them:

"And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." Matt 10:28
thats some awesome get out of the way imo right there brother ;)

Reactions: amadeus