'Who is able to make war with him?'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can two walk together, except they be agreed?

There IS a time for division/accountability:

Matt. 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Acts 15:36 After some time Paul said to Barnabas, “Let’s go back and visit each city where we previously preached the word of the Lord, to see how the new believers are doing.” 37 Barnabas agreed and wanted to take along John Mark. 38 But Paul disagreed strongly, since John Mark had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in their work. 39 Their disagreement was so sharp that they separated. Barnabas took John Mark with him and sailed for Cyprus.

We are called of GOD, not men ...
Bobby Jo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of little things I do see in response to the two posed questions, not relating directly to the external nations or countries of carnal men but certainly pertinent:

Who is like unto the beast?

"Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish." Psalm 49:12

Who is able to make war with him?

How about who could defeat him?
"She [Wisdom = antecedent from verse 1] hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2

So then we should be always for God so that we are fighting with Him who is already for us and then we need not concern ourselves with those beasts which will be killed by wisdom. The beasts to kill are our own, no matter what else may be happening outside of us:

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Rom 8:31

As to where to encounter wisdom:

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom..." Psalm 111:10
Hello @amadeus,
You appear to be spiritualizing this, yes? Bringing it into the realm of the believer's life experience, in Christ Jesus. Rather than viewing it as describing powers and events prophetically, which will take place in the course of world history.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

"spiritualizing: bringing a concept into the realm of life."
hmm
I'm having difficulty also in following the thread...

ah, my fault i guess farouk, i am not very good at this, sorry. I put these here to think about it some more first (he said, hoping @amadeus will save him lol)

The primary thrust of the thread is where @charity placed it in her post #20 which [copied above] looks at man's external history rather than the beast that men are to which I spoke about in post #14 [copied above].
@bbyrd009 in his post #21 [copied above] provided one definition of the word "spiritualizing" perhaps to help himself or each of us to understand the difference between the described thrust of the OP and what I posted.

Men can write history but usually generalize or only describe those people considered [by the writers or others?] as the chief instigators or participants in that history. I was hoping to get more to the root of the matter in discussing the personal beasts of men rather than an external beast, perhaps in the form of some man, depicted in the Book of Revelation. My point was simply that no matter who or what the beast of Revelation is if we, individual men, defeat our own beast(s) to those of us have done it, the other beast ultimately will not matter, not to us anyway. The flesh of Jesus had to suffer on the cross, but ultimately to the man Jesus himself this did not matter [even though it certainly would matter to many other people] because he had already overcome the world of the temptations of the man. No more temptations for him so even the possibility of sin had been overcome even though the cross was still before him. Jesus had already left the world [the personal world of him filled with beasts that tempted him ]before he went to the cross [John 17:11 "...And now I am no more in the world..."]

If we, each of us, overcomes [kills] the beast(s) within ourselves, we likewise for ourselves need not be concerned about any plagues or tribulations that may still lie before us. Can we likewise leave the world [the personal world of each of us filled with beasts that tempt us] before such plagues or tribulations are upon us?

Hopefully this answers any questions by either @bbyrd009 or @farouk or @charity

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

The primary thrust of the thread is where @charity placed it in her post #20 which [copied above] looks at man's external history rather than the beast that men are to which I spoke about in post #14 [copied above].
@bbyrd009 in his post #21 [copied above] provided one definition of the word "spiritualizing" perhaps to help himself or each of to understand the difference between the described thrust of the OP and what I posted.

Men can write history but usually generalize or only describe those people considered [by the writers or other?] as the chief instigators or participants in that history. I was hoping to get more to the root of the matter in discussing the personal beasts of men rather than an external beast, perhaps in the form of some man, depicted in the Book of Revelation. My point was simply that no matter who or what the beast of Revelation is if we, individual men defeat our own beast(s) to those of us have done it, the other beast ultimately will not matter, not to us anyway. The of Jesus had to suffer on the cross, but ultimately to the man Jesus himself this did not matter [even though it certainly would matter to many other people] because he had already overcome the world of the temptations of the man. No more temptations for him so even the possibility of sin had been overcome even though the cross was still before him. Jesus had already left the world [the personal world of him filled with beasts that tempted him ]before he went to the cross [John 17:11 "...And now I am no more in the world..."]

If we, each of us, overcomes [kills] the beast(s) within ourselves, we likewise for ourselves need not be concerned about any plagues or tribulations that may still lie before us. Can we likewise leave the world [the personal world of each of us filled with beasts that tempt us] before such plagues or tribulations are upon us?

Hopefully this answers any questions by either @bbyrd009 or @farouk or @charity
ty :D

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There IS a time for division/accountability:

Matt. 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. 23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Acts 15:36 After some time Paul said to Barnabas, “Let’s go back and visit each city where we previously preached the word of the Lord, to see how the new believers are doing.” 37 Barnabas agreed and wanted to take along John Mark. 38 But Paul disagreed strongly, since John Mark had deserted them in Pamphylia and had not continued with them in their work. 39 Their disagreement was so sharp that they separated. Barnabas took John Mark with him and sailed for Cyprus.

We are called of GOD, not men ...
Bobby Jo
i would say that neither example seems very apropos here, i have tried Amadeus in both of the inferred roles?

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, rather on what God wants all of us to understand!
EXACTLY:

Rev. 13:4
'And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast:
and they worshipped the beast, saying,
"Who is like unto the beast? [therion = a wild beast (G2342)]
Who is able to make war with him?'

Now that we've established that GOD wants us to know about future, -- now PRESENT --, events, participants, roles, responsibilities, and ultimate judgements, -- the BEAST is the U.N. The one-world-government is HERE, and we can CONFIRM the identity of the FALSE PROPHET by summing his name to six hundred and sixty six. And we can ALSO confirm the technology which will PREVENT us from buying or selling by summing the word COMPUTER, -- USING THE SAME METHODOLOGY FOR THE FALSE PROPHET. And what does the COMPUTER use, except THE UPC WHICH HAS AN EMBEDDED 6 - 6 - 6!!!

But lets not worry about the tangibles. Jesus didn't need to eat, sleep, weep, pray, and suffer. HE led a strictly SPIRITUAL life, and so do we ...
Bobby Jo

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast:
and they worshipped the beast, saying,

"Who is like unto the beast? [therion = a wild beast (G2342)]
Who is able to make war with him?'

(Rev. 13:4)

Hello there,

In the days in which we are living I can envisage a nation rising up, of whom it will be said, 'Who is able to make war with him?' This monstrous kingdom by which Gentile dominion in the earth will end. All of the nations appear like so many wild beasts, of which Nebuchadnezzar is symbolic, who became as a wild beast for seven times (Daniel 7:25).

Does anyone have anything to share on this?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Really the main point from what you quoted in Revelation 13 is how it reveals who the deceived world will worship, i.e., the dragon.

Who is the dragon per God's Word?

Rev 12:7-9
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
KJV

That "dragon" is just another title for Satan himself.

Jesus gave us several pointers to Satan coming as the future false one at the end of this world. That Rev.12:7:17 is a huge pointer, because He exchanges various titles there for Satan when speaking of tribulation events.

Rev.12:10 reveals the timing when Satan is cast down to the earth is for the end of this world, and Rev.12:11 reveals the saints that give a testimony during the coming tribulation will overcome that dragon. In Rev.12:14, Satan is called "the serpent" from whom the symbolic woman is protected a little while from. In Rev.12:15 the waters as a flood come out of the mouth of the "serpent". In Rev.12:16, the flood is described as having come out of the mouth of the "dragon". In Rev.12:17, we are told the "dragon" goes to make war with the remnant of the woman's seed, those who keep God's commandments and have the Testimony of Jesus Christ (i.e, Christ's Church).

In Rev.17:8-12, we are given specific pointers to the beast king being the one who ascends out of the bottomless pit and goes into perdition, which is a direct reference to Satan himself. Reason is, because ONLY Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced perdition in the future "lake of fire". No flesh born man has been judged to perish yet.

What many brethren fail to grasp is that the angels don't need a flesh body to appear with the image of man here on earth. Satan has the image of man just as all angels do, as that image comes from our Heavenly Father and His Son. This means the deceived who keep trying to point to some flesh pope, or some flesh prophet, as the coming Antichrist, have not truly understood God's Word about what is coming upon the earth in our near future.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Try the spirits. See if they be of GOD or of man. Throw it, unless YOU'RE not up to it. :)

Bobby Jo

You too, are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You too, are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Noooooo, throw out a challenge pertaining to end-times Bible Prophecy. Ask a simple question like, -- Who is Mystery Babylon; or a more difficult question like, -- Why does Rev. 12 say SEVEN Diadems, but Rev. 13 say TEN Diadems; or how about, -- How do you "calculate" the number of the beast (666)?

Ask whatever comes to mind. TRY THE SPIRITS and see if they be of GOD. -- And if I don't have an answer, I'll GLADLY tell you so. But to simply disparage a fellow Christian without merit is not Christian. There are a LOT of christians (small "c") that do that, but not Christians (capital "C").

I look forward to your "best shot"! :)
Bobby Jo

PS It helps if you know the CORRECT answer, just like a SMART lawyer knows what his witness will say before asking a question in a court room. Just make sure YOU HAVE THE CORRECT ANSWER! :)

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Strike one.

You shall keep it until the fourteenth day of this month, and then, with the whole assembly of Israel present, it shall be slaughtered during the evening twilight.

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strike one.

You shall keep it until the fourteenth day of this month, and then, with the whole assembly of Israel present, it shall be slaughtered during the evening twilight.

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Ain't no strikes until the ball passes over home plate,. And "balls" don't count as "strikes" ...

What Book, Chapter, & Verse? -- And it doesn't sound like BIBLE PROPHECY, which is the criteria. So we'll find out.

Bobby Jo

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ain't no strikes until the ball passes over home plate,. And "balls" don't count ...

What Book, Chapter, & Verse? -- And it doesn't sound like BIBLE PROPHECY, which is the criteria. So we'll find out.

Bobby Jo

Strike 2

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him

Peace be with you!

Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!