Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't understand that nobody comes to Christ apart from God first imparting the new birth. And then all the false beliefs expire over time being replaced by the truth.

Nothing you say means anything until you are willing to answer my questions. Your refusal to answer is proof of the inadequacy of your theology.

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@101G

I was saying to myself...why would I think that Abraham, Moses, and the others in the OT would have heard from God any differently than we do! I am sure that we all remember the very first nudge God gave us in getting our attention...and how we 'just knew' it was Him.

All hearing is by Faith, we know that. Heb 11..they all heard...and acted upon what they heard "by faith".
We live by every word which proceeds from the mouth of the God.
If we are not 'hearing' we are not receiving the life.

Your scriptures re Samuel, Kings and Jeremiah, caused me to look at it another way.
Now I have to chew this all over with Dave. :)

So, I guess the Lord speaking from the burning bush was an angel? Hmmm
But God then says " I AM That I AM.." etc etc...
yes....I still have some 'musing to do' on all this.

Sorry @Stranger if we are going off topic, or are we?
We seem to have more than one conversation going on here :)

Happy Christmas to you all.

Reactions: 101G and amadeus

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for that...very good thoughts :)

And for sure "food for thought" bro.

Well I thought that I had, ( Heard His audible voice ) but now you cause me to think again....which is always good.
I will loop in and tag @1stCenturyLady here, as she asked me about it the other day.

Anyway...we were waiting on the Lord and praying about moving to Canada from England. A very BIG move, obviously...leaving all friends and family behind. We had felt the Lord nudging us and pushing us to do so. But , being a Gideon , I wanted confirmation upon confirmation from the Lord, not wanting to make any mistake or wrong turn.

As you say...His Spirit is within...and we know and recognize His still, small, voice clearly.
But on the morning early, of Christmas Eve, I was woken out of sleep by a BIG BOOMING VOICE , it seemed to shake the house ...my husband did not hear it, he carried on sleeping.
God confirmed our move to Canada. Making it clear that this was His will for us. I have also thought it was the voice of God...but maybe it was an angel ...it sure sounded like God. If that was an angel and not God himself, heaven knows what GODS voice is like!! :D WOW!!

But, your scriptures are very convincing...the one that popped out most was God speaking to Samuel.
Very good points...thank you .

Have a lovely Christmas. Helen

Thanks for including me, but what did He say?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for including me, but what did He say?

Aah , now that would be telling :)

...too long a story and all linked to 'where' we were doing to in Canada.
We were going into the deep bush, north of 'the world' haha! Almost as high up as Alaska...but into the wilderness.
It related to that.... it wasn't "a" scripture or anything like that.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ByGrace

This is an excerpt from my testimony - the part where I heard God's voice for the first time - 41 years ago. As a prologue, there was evidence that God twarted my meeting a new man that I thought could heal my broken heart.

You would think I was now happy, but I wasn't. I was still very sad and lonely and still mad at God for the timing. If all this had happened earlier, I could still have had Bill B! I began to think about my old relationship, and how meeting someone new would have been so great. And on top of that, Bill B. was a Christian! I knew it must have been God that prevented me from meeting him... Thick-headed as I was, I prayed arrogantly, "Don't you want me to date a Christian?!!!"

The response was like thunder! "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Boy that shut me up! I had never heard God's voice before. And even though it wasn't an audible voice, I heard it loud and clear.

And He said, No????? I suddenly felt He was going to say more, so I stilled myself and started listening in awesome fear expectantly... He continued,

"YOU LOOK TO MAN FOR YOUR LOVE. I WANT TO BE YOUR LOVE.

YOU LOOK TO MAN FOR YOUR SECURITY. I WANT TO BE YOUR SECURITY.

YOU WILL NOT DATE FOR A SEASON. YOU WILL BE IN DROUGHT. AND WHEN YOUR HEART MELTS, I WILL SEND THE RAIN."

Suddenly, I knew that I knew that I knew God existed! I don't think in all my life I ever knew for sure until that moment. And what's more, this all-powerful being, the Creator of the universe, was speaking to me!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@ByGrace

This is an excerpt from my testimony - the part where I heard God's voice for the first time - 41 years ago. As a prologue, there was evidence that God twarted my meeting a new man that I thought could heal my broken heart.

You would think I was now happy, but I wasn't. I was still very sad and lonely and still mad at God for the timing. If all this had happened earlier, I could still have had Bill B! I began to think about my old relationship, and how meeting someone new would have been so great. And on top of that, Bill B. was a Christian! I knew it must have been God that prevented me from meeting him... Thick-headed as I was, I prayed arrogantly, "Don't you want me to date a Christian?!!!"

The response was like thunder! "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Boy that shut me up! I had never heard God's voice before. And even though it wasn't an audible voice, I heard it loud and clear.

And He said, No????? I suddenly felt He was going to say more, so I stilled myself and started listening in awesome fear expectantly... He continued,

"YOU LOOK TO MAN FOR YOUR LOVE. I WANT TO BE YOUR LOVE.

YOU LOOK TO MAN FOR YOUR SECURITY. I WANT TO BE YOUR SECURITY.

YOU WILL NOT DATE FOR A SEASON. YOU WILL BE IN DROUGHT. AND WHEN YOUR HEART MELTS, I WILL SEND THE RAIN."

Suddenly, I knew that I knew that I knew God existed! I don't think in all my life I ever knew for sure until that moment. And what's more, this all-powerful being, the Creator of the universe, was speaking to me!

Lovely, thank you for sharing that.
One time when I was having a talk with God, He said in almost a chuckling tone
"There is ONE God, and it isn't you!" ....It wasn't harsh, but it did put me in my place , concerning the issue at hand. :)
Yes, we do all seem to have preconceived ideas about 'how God does things'...( although many hear seem to have "how God works" all boxed up neatly. )

God moves in mysterious ways...and He never deals with every person the same. There is nothing "cookie cutter" about God and how He works...however much 'some people' say that He is and does.

Many blessings....Helen .

Reactions: amadeus

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lovely, thank you for sharing that.
One time when I was having a talk with God, He said in almost a chuckling tone
"There is ONE God, and it isn't you!" ....It wasn't harsh, but it did put me in my place , concerning the issue at hand. :)
Yes, we do all seem to have preconceived ideas about 'how God does things'...( although many hear seem to have "how God works" all boxed up neatly. )

God moves in mysterious ways...and He never deals with every person the same. There is nothing "cookie cutter" about God and how He works...however much 'some people' say that He is and does.

Many blessings....Helen .

He's been funny with me too. I will have been looking all over the neighborhood for my cat late at night, wanting to get her in so I could go to bed, and then He'll say in a humorous tone, "I know where she is." And I'll slap my head, and say, "Of course you do, please send her home," and I head home. I go in the front door, and go round to the back door, and she runs in.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think some who worship the Bible, and forget the instructions in righteousness, think God has gone on vacation. Maybe to Mars or some galaxy far, far, away. The result is they are hearers of the instructions, but have no faith in the gifts to DO the instructions.

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Nothing you say means anything until you are willing to answer my questions. Your refusal to answer is proof of the inadequacy of your theology.

Stranger
I answered your questions at least a couple of times. It matters not if someone is a Mormon, a Jw, or anything else. When God imparts the New Birth, truth replaces error.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered your questions at least a couple of times. It matters not if someone is a Mormon, a Jw, or anything else. When God imparts the New Birth, truth replaces error.

That wasn't the question. Go back and reread.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What good will it do? Let's do this instead. Ask your question for all to see. And I will answer for all to see.

None, I have no doubt.

Go back and read post #(26).

Stranger

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:63," It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

If we want to know Jesus, then we need to familiarize ourselves with His words.

In peace

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask the question for all to see without looking it up. I will then answer for all to see.

You know the question. You have quoted it before in post #(133) also. So, go back and reread post #(26).

Stranger

D

Dave L

You know the question. You have quoted it before in post #(133) also. So, go back and reread post #(26).

Stranger
You are accusing me of dodging your question. If you have nothing to hide, ask it now for all to see and I will answer for all to see.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are accusing me of dodging your question. If you have nothing to hide, ask it now for all to see and I will answer for all to see.

I gave you the post to quote. #(26). What do you want me to do, write your answers for you also?

Stranger