Who is Jesus Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah said he was the First and the Last. See 44:6. Does that make him God also?

My Bible says God created the world.

Exactly, that’s why Jesus is also God, second member of the trinity.

Thanks for agreeing with me:

John 1:2 the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him

Reactions: kcnalp

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus baptism was not for sins as you stated, it was actually a baptism of anointing, at that point he became the Messiah/Christ which anointed means. I appreciate your loving ways sir.

The Bible says clearly that Johns baptism was for repentance, yet Jesus had no sins to repent of, that’s why John was reluctant to baptize Jesus, and said Jesus should baptize himself instead.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many Gods do you have?
Gen 1 God said let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness.

You sure you're not JW?

IF there were a verse in the Bible that said something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture.

The Biblical evidence against the trinity is overwhelming. 1st, the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject trinitarianism to this very day. This explains why the trinity is not in the Bible. The trinity is so important, none of the authors mention it oncein 66 books! To compensate, trinitarians try to impose trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text. 2nd, is the 1C. If the plural 'our' is important in GE 1:26, the singular "me" in the 1C must be even more important. 3rd, God is referred to using singular pronouns over 5,000 times. So, one verse (or 2) that implies plural, cannot subordinate the 5,000 singular references of His unitarian nature.

4th, God says he is God alone in what is known as the Shema, the most important command at Deutoronomy 6:4. This is repeated in Isaiah 45:5, 21, Jeremiah 10:10, Joel 2:27, by Jesus in Mark 12:29 (Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and onlyLORD.), John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6, etc.

5th, Jesus says God is greater than he, know more, selected, sent Jesus and tells Jesus what to say. Then there is 1 Corinthians 11:3. All of this destroys the notion of equality and proves hierarchy - that does not even reference the nonexistent '3rd person.' As well as the opening of all the Epistles. 6th, the only God is Jesus' God as Jesus himself says @ John 20:17 and Revelations 3. 7th, is Christianity's end game defined below:

23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

24 After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power. 25 For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet. 26 And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.) 28 Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28

Reactions: APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, that’s why Jesus is also God, second member of the trinity.

Thanks for agreeing with me:

John 1:2 the beginning was the Word, and the Word was WITH God, and the Word WAS God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Joh 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Joh 1:6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Joh 1:7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

Joh 1:8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him

John 1 is not talking about Jesus but God. Jesus is not introduced until v14. See summary statement of Johns entire Gospel in v18.

Also see John 17:3

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God - not Jesus. The fulfillment of Deutoronomy 18:15-18.
Hi Wrangler....I am not picking here but I want to share what I believe...
Define God: a powerful, supreme being who is worshipped by a people who follow his teachings and believe in his ability to supernaturally create and perform miracles...cultures all over the world worship their "god" who may be the same as ours or may not be...Our God is Elohim, Adonai, El Shaddai and many more names..
I believe in God the Father...supreme being and creator of all that exists..
I believe in God the Son: who is Jesus, the only begotten Son of God.
I believe in God the Holy Spirit: he was sent by Jesus to be our comforter and teacher...He is called the Spirit of Truth as well.
Each bear the title/position of God...
But they are separate beings united and serving as one body much like we are suppose to do.

Ephesians 4
Eph 4 (NKJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴ There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
⁵ one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
⁶ one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

¹¹ And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,
¹² for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
¹³ till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;

See we are the body of Christ...each separate but operating as one...
And that is how it is with Yeshua, The Holy Spirit, and Yahweh.
Sorry for getting off topic...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are projecting trinitarian dogma onto unitarian text.
Really? In what way?

I'm only looking at this chapter, and only reaching conclusions drawn from this chapter.

The Word was God. The Word became flesh. The One Who became flesh was Jesus. Jesus is God. That's all.

Are we agreed that Jesus is the person referred to as "the Word became flesh"?

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians is my favorite NT book.

I believe in one God, not 3. Trinitarianism is a 4th century man-made construct.

Who is Jesus? A man Anointed by the LORD God to be the Savior of the World, given all authority BY GOD to be our Lord. Mark 1:1 and Acts 17:31 is not figurative.

This is the beginning of the good news of Jesus, the Anointed One, the Liberating King, the Son of God.

He has fixed a day of accountability, when the whole world will be justly evaluated by a new, higher standard: not by a statue, but by a living man. God selected this man and made Him credible to all by raising Him from the dead.
Acts 17:31

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF there were a verse in the Bible that said something like The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit - and if you do not believe this, you cannot be saved but are damned to hell forever it would be the most quoted verse in Scripture.
The Biblical evidence against the trinity is overwhelming.
Says Kingdom Hall?
1st, the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject trinitarianism to this very day. This explains why the trinity is not in the Bible.
The trinity is so important, none of the authors mention it oncein 66 books!
To compensate, trinitarians try to impose trinitarian doctrine onto unitarian text. 2nd, is the 1C. If the plural 'our' is important in GE 1:26, the singular "me" in the 1C must be even more important. 3rd, God is referred to using singular pronouns over 5,000 times. So, one verse (or 2) that implies plural, cannot subordinate the 5,000 singular references of His unitarian nature.
You removed Gen 1:26 from your Bible?
4th, God says he is God alone in what is known as the Shema, the most important command at Deutoronomy 6:4. This is repeated in Isaiah 45:5, 21, Jeremiah 10:10, Joel 2:27, by Jesus in Mark 12:29 (Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and onlyLORD.), John 17:3, 1 Corinthians 8:6, etc.
Glad you mentioned Isaiah. You want "Trinity"?
Isaiah 48:12-16 (NKJV)
12 "Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last. 13 Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together. 14 "All of you, assemble yourselves, and hear! Who among them has declared these things? The LORD loves him; He shall do His pleasure on Babylon, And His arm shall be against the Chaldeans. 15 I, even I, have spoken; Yes, I have called him, I have brought him, and his way will prosper. 16 "Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me."
5th, Jesus says God is greater than he, know more, selected, sent Jesus and tells Jesus what to say. Then there is 1 Corinthians 11:3. All of this destroys the notion of equality and proves hierarchy - that does not even reference the nonexistent '3rd person.' As well as the opening of all the Epistles. 6th, the only God is Jesus' God as Jesus himself says @ John 20:17 and Revelations 3. 7th, is Christianity's end game defined below:
If you had bothered to read the rest of the Bible you have read:
Philippians 2:7 (ESV)
7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.

24 After that the end will come, when he will turn the Kingdom over to God the Father, having destroyed every ruler and authority and power. 25 For Christ must reign until he humbles all his enemies beneath his feet. 26 And the last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For the Scriptures say, “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.) 28 Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.

1 Corinthians 15:23-28
Are you mixing your Kingdom Hall opinions with Scripture?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1 is not talking about Jesus but God. Jesus is not introduced until v14. See summary statement of Johns entire Gospel in v18.

Also see John 17:3

One God, manifest in three persons.

I carefully explained that to you about ECHAD and ELOHIM and proved that Jesus created the world and all things that were made.

Sorry that the concept is so difficult for you to grasp.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. And 5,000 other times God is referred to using a singular pronoun. The 1 verse cannot supersede the 5,000.
Your understanding of the Bible won't be correct unless it agrees with every passage, even the ones that may seem to you to be contradictory.

Harmony in Scripture. 1 verse won't supersede 5,000, but it won't disagree with them, either.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your understanding of the Bible won't be correct unless it agrees with every passage, even the ones that may seem to you to be contradictory.

Harmony in Scripture. 1 verse won't supersede 5,000, but it won't disagree with them, either.

Much love!

This post lacks humility. God is singular not 3. Not plural. The Bible saying so 5,000 times is overwhelming.

One way you can know that is the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject trinitarianism to this day. Therefore, what trinitarian read into GE 1:26 is projecting trinitarian dogma onto unitarian text.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is singular not 3. Not plural. The Bible saying so 5,000 times is overwhelming.

One way you can know that is the entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject trinitarianism to this day. Therefore, what trinitarian read into GE 1:26 is projecting trinitarian dogma onto unitarian text.

We seem to have different ideas about how we should go about reading the Bible, so I won't be surprised if we disagree over somethings.

For myself, I hold to the "Plenary Inspiration of Scripture", which is to say, I believe that all the Bible was specifically inspired by God.

While the Bible was penned for the most part by Jews, it was Authored by God. Did the Jews understand their Holy Book? I'd mention that they rejected their Messiah, because they DIDN'T understand.

Much love!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We seem to have different ideas about how we should go about reading the Bible

The trinity is not in the Bible. It is a 4th century construct. Given that you are imposing trinitarian dogma onto unitarian text, we certainly have different ideas about how we should go about reading the Bible!

Jesus said there is only one God in Mark 12. The resurrected Jesus talked about his God in John 20:17 and Revelations 3.

Reactions: APAK

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God became flesh and dwelt amoung us.

What does it sound like we agree?

Much love!

No! The Word of God was put in the mouth of a prophet God chose. You don’t seem to understand Deuteronomy 18.

Can you admit Jesus said that God selected him, sent him, told him what to say and he does only the will of God ?