Who is Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No He did it for a bloodthirsty devil and us.
I can't believe Jesus ever did anything for the devil. Certainly the devil isn't owed anything. He got his "kingdom" through robbery. Who owes a robber for what he's stolen?

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't believe Jesus ever did anything for the devil. Certainly the devil isn't owed anything. He got his "kingdom" through robbery. Who owes a robber for what he's stolen?
God didnt need Christ's blood. no point Him sacrificing Jesus if He didnt need too, God must of agreed to it for Him to do it..

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree God didn't need it, but I also can't believe the devil got anything out of it.
Devils got his fingers in a lot of pies, many would ask, what has the devil got to do with it, just look at religion, what has God go to do with it, yet Hes always to blame.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devils got his fingers in a lot of pies, many would ask, what has the devil got to do with it, just look at religion, what has God go to do with it, yet Hes always to blame.
We should not confuse how men in this world are deceived by the Devil and often serve him with Jesus who was not deceived by him and did not serve him.

B

brakelite

Why do you call Me good? No one is good but Yah
Precisely. But the man, like you, couldn't see what was in front of his nose. Yes, Jesus was good. And yes, no one is good but God.
. But you might go find the two Greeks who sought a meeting with Jesus through Philip to worship Him and He hid
Yes, Jesus hid Himself... But from the two Greeks? How do you know that? Between the time Philip and Andrew spoke to Jesus to tell Him of those two, Jesus had a conversation with others who heard the Father testify of His glory... Divine glory... Jesus then hid from those who heard the voice. Doesn't say the two Greeks met Jesus at all, but Jesus did say that one day all would have the opportunity off meeting Him

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My other posts kind of discussed this already, sorry, I understand if you didn’t catch them. Basically we are the ones that believe we need a blood sacrifice? But Yah has not changed since Who told you that you were naked? I guess, I desire mercy, not sacrifice

We have no clue what the cross was truly about unless God reveals it to us.
Abstractly how can a death be meaningful or an example we should follow?
The atoning sacrifice is Gods institution, and Christ being the atoning sacrifice that reconciles us to God, is the declared truth scripture speaks of.
The anointing of the Holy Spirit is the beginning of the walk of fellowship with Him.

The sad spiritual dimension of Jesus is if you walk in it, these words are reflected by experience, while I know for some these are just words which they do not relate to.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We have no clue what the cross was truly about unless God reveals it to us.
Abstractly how can a death be meaningful or an example we should follow?
The atoning sacrifice is Gods institution, and Christ being the atoning sacrifice that reconciles us to God, is the declared truth scripture speaks of.
The anointing of the Holy Spirit is the beginning of the walk of fellowship with Him.

The sad spiritual dimension of Jesus is if you walk in it, these words are reflected by experience, while I know for some these are just words which they do not relate to.
ok, thanks for the comments

are you aware of the diff in satan's and the naive dialectic?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as many as do the will of Yah, they are the sons of Yah

may as well be saying "Meet John Doe" imo...

I am surprised that you all really don't go by the Scriptures you attest to, though I should not be.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
no offense but you are a Catholic, right, so its no surprise that surprise and Scripture, they go together for you? Which i know how that reads and i apologize, fwiw, but there it is. I am only one guy, not a you all, but you are welcome to expand on your leading statement if you like, or dont, idk, as i have already learned i got nothing to learn from pissy know-it-all papists

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never said He did...
I'm glad you explained that. Sorry, you gave me that impression when you wrote earlier:

No He did it for a bloodthirsty devil and us.
I agree with the part about doing it for us -- with motive being love for us, of course -- the other bit about the devil left me scratching my head since I wasn't sure what you meant.

Last edited:

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We like to think the Jesus we are taught is at least pretty close, but what if its not?

What if "Jesus (=Joshua, the most common name in the world then apparently) of Nazareth (can anything good come from Nazareth?)" means something completely different from what they told us?
Jesus is the name of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Name "Jesus" is a transliteration not a direct translation, but a transliteration of "Yeshua".
in Hebrew, it is "YESHUA". the strong's # is (H3442),
and it is written Yod-Shin-Vav-Ayin, it is a masculine noun that means "He is salvation" or "He saves.
for only God SAVES. scripture, Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour"

In the Greek, it's G2424 Ἰησοῦς Iesous (ee-ay-sous`) n/p.
1. Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites
[of Hebrew origin (H3091)]
KJV: Jesus

so the Personal name of God is not jehovah or yahweh which are man made name for God.

nor is "I AM" from which jehovah or yahweh are derived is his "PERSONAL" name. scripture, Isaiah 52:6 "Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I".

when was that day?

John 8:21 "Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come. 22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come. 23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins".

I AM he? ....... that's if one don't believe. "I AM he is "JESUS". not yahweh, nor jehovah, but JESUS/YESHUA.

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus is the name of God.
Well Jesus might be the name of your god, but there’s a problem with that, That being that that basically puts you in a Jesus cult, and you’re actually worshiping Apollos? Unawares? Jesus is about to come do some magical shape shifting or people moving or something, right? Not Christianity, wadr.

But if you have a Scripture Quote for that i am all ears! :)only see, you don’t? 101G Just tried, and failed; by all means give it a shot if you like

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well Jesus might be the name of your god, but there’s a problem with that, That being that that basically puts you in a Jesus cult, and you’re actually worshiping Apollos? Unawares? Jesus is about to come do some magical shape shifting or people moving or something, right? Not Christianity, wadr.
Tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine as it is written: and all this because you know not the voice of God. You deserve what you get. Not only because you deceive your own self but because of the confusion you spread perverting the gospel of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Tossed to and fro with every wind of doctrine as it is written: and all this because you know not the voice of God. You deserve what you get. Not only because you deceive your own self but because of the confusion you spread perverting the gospel of God.
OK, thank you, and no hard feelings I hope; as you might see from talking to 101G, he is a dedicated Mithraist, And you can be too! Many will cry “Lord Lord”
“Few there are who find it”

Not saying I have or anything, But no, Jesus obviously is not Yah, Or is, just as much as you are, Even greater things will you do in My Name

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK, thank you, and no hard feelings I hope; as you might see from talking to 101G, he is a dedicated Mithraist, And you can be too! Many will cry “Lord Lord”
“Few there are who find it”

Not saying I have or anything, But no, Jesus obviously is not Yah, Or is, just as much as you are, Even greater things will you do in My Name
In the day of judgement Jesus will say to many I never knew you. But if any man love God the same is known of him. And this is the love of God that we keep his Commandments. He that has the Commandments of Christ and keeps them he it is that loves him, and he that loves Jesus loves God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, so you say, but really that last part has no meaning? It just sounds good? "Christ's Commandments" what are those? Could you name one? ty
In the day of judgement Jesus will say to many I never knew you. But if any man love God the same is known of him. And this is the love of God that we keep his Commandments. He that has the Commandments of Christ and keeps them he it is that loves him, and he that loves Jesus loves God.
Can’t find two much to disagree with their, and for what it’s worth I know this is a hard thing to learn OK? We are all taught to be Mithraists now, blown about by every wind, don’t know if Jesus is returning or if Jesus is coming back to take us somewhere or yada yada.

“The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible”

Last edited: