Who is Nehushtan? Why isn't Christ Nehushtan? Why hasn't your pastor ever so much as mentioned...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I think about this the more it makes sense to me. Like saying, "This was the bronze serpent God used to heal your fathers, but you've turned it into nothing more than one of the Canaanite snake gods!"

Is that the idea?

Much love!

Ha, well I would say, @bbyrd009 might have a better handle on it than I...

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, ok, not sure how i could be tbh, i can only rephrase i guess, "please say or Quote why you have come to believe that the Bible is Word." Which i use "believe" quite loosely there, as i expect we are about to see it is not a belief at all, but cart/horse for that one lol, nevermind that part right now.

Where we apparently um Stand at the moment is "Easter is in the Bible, and the Bible is Word, ergo Easter is Word" iyo, yes? Basically? And i am aware of the arguments for the pov, not meaning to make any judgements herenow on that specific matter/belief, ok, not sure where you stand on "kjv only" at the moment...he said duplicitously lol

Sounds like you're referring to the idea of Bible translations vs. The Word of God.

Did you know that God's Word was originally written in the stars before it was given to man to write down?

See this link to E.W. Bullinger's scholarly research on the original meanings of star constellations:
The Project Gutenberg EBook of The Witness of the Stars by Ethelbert William Bullinger

Even though there is no such thing as a perfect Bible translation, the way the subjects weave between the Old Testament and New Testament Books gives enough evidence that verifies itself, along with referring back to Bible manuscripts.

The word Easter is actually not in God's Word, even though the KJV translators put it in at Acts 12:4 because of men's traditions. The actual Greek word is pascha, which means passover. This error by the translators of the 1611 KJV Bible doesn't exclude the errors more modern Bible translations have made by leaving whole sections of manuscripts out of their translations. Nor does it exclude the error of those who gave us Hebrew translations of the Old Testament Books that left out the Massorah notes which the best OT manuscripts contain, and the only KJV English study Bible that has those notes is the one Bullinger put together, i.e., The Companion Bible.

Reactions: Nancy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But many denominations with conflicting beliefs exist today based upon the same scriptures because men received mixed messages from those scriptures, part as interpreted by the Holy Spirit and part by their own carnal minds. How does one get rid of the carnal mind part?

Not all are given to understand during this present world, Jesus showed His Apostles that in Matthew 13. When the believer gets down to Bible study for themselves, asking God's help and checking out their preachers, like the Bereans did with Apostle Paul, only then do all the conflicting doctrines and denominations reveal what they are about.

Reactions: amadeus
B

brakelite

See if it turns out that i am resurrected after i literally die, and my ego somehow gets a second life, then that is all gravy to me, bl, bc i dont yet know, see, what i will become. Christians, they know, right, but i do not know.
None of us know b. Not what we will become. You are right. But we do know that we become something, that this life is not all there is. There is true hope that after the resurrection, and yes, that is promised, life continues in some meaningful and gifted manner in which we can be certain of our happiness. Not because we know scripture or because in our imaginations we have dreamed up some utopian future, but because we know God, that He is love, and we can trust Him with our lives. That whatever He had in store for us, it'll be okay.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nehushtan appears to simply mean “piece of brass.”

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sounds like you're referring to the idea of Bible translations vs. The Word of God.
ya, something like that, thats where i started anyway. Then i realized that we can hear something in English, and then repeat it exactly and not be heard, right? making even the original mss only "God~Breathed." But now i'm slowly coming to @amadeus ' pov, that being that It is in There if you can hear It? Faith comes by hearing. Unforunately for us, or fortunately, dunno yet, belief also comes, may also come by hearing, but fortunately for us--or unfortunately, if we cannot hear i guess--Scripture has plainly delineated the five different kinds of "belief."

We have a thing, "the five stages of grief," and knowledge brings sorrow, so...ha, well, there it is, pretty much all laid out i guess. Dont find love until you are ready, i reckon.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Not all are given to understand during this present world, Jesus showed His Apostles that in Matthew 13. When the believer gets down to Bible study for themselves, asking God's help and checking out their preachers, like the Bereans did with Apostle Paul, only then do all the conflicting doctrines and denominations reveal what they are about.
no Son of Man may die for anothr's sins
no one has ever gone up to heaven
he who seeks to save his soul shall lose it
there is only One Immortal

these are all pretty plain imo?
can even be understood with both eyes?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
None of us know b. Not what we will become. You are right. But we do know that we become something, that this life is not all there is. There is true hope that after the resurrection, and yes, that is promised, life continues in some meaningful and gifted manner in which we can be certain of our happiness. Not because we know scripture or because in our imaginations we have dreamed up some utopian future, but because we know God, that He is love, and we can trust Him with our lives. That whatever He had in store for us, it'll be okay.
sounds great huh but see now you have added resurrection tomorrow or what i call "death, more abundantly" to your metal, yeh? And i say "you" when i mean "all of us, every, virtually every Christian believer," i dont mean its your fault, til you start blindly teaching it anyway, but it is your responsibility?

If you arent resurrected after baptism then you arent resurrected period, ok? And i havent said this in a while so i will say again that your pastor, esp if he is an OG, earnest and true, already knows most of this...i'd say about 50/50 there prolly, some pastors still handling snakes i guess lol, literally, so whaddya gonnado, i would talk to three and one of them will surely verify, just keep asking til you find one that doesnt talk like, um, ppl here do? ha

or dont, ok, i understand, most ppl just cant i guess, that is a big, yawning, Open Mouth you gotta dive into in order to get that, after being raised on the quail, i guess. Leaving the world, ha, who can really do that? Who even tries, any more? So i dont blame you any, ok, but i would sure get a lot less certain about what i know ok

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does it not strike you as strange in the least that you have been going to "church" for umpty-ump years, and Christ Himself said that He must be raised up like a snake on a pole, yet you have never heard a sermon on Nehushtan? Nehushtan is hidden from believers, and i am being led to not break this, i'm sorry.

Not meaning to be coy, but see the problem is if i tell you, you will then have my perspective. Google Nehushtan, watch a YT vid on it maybe?, review why the Wanderers had to look to Nehushtan to relieve them of their curse, and let's talk tomorrow. Fwiw i haven't read any Nehushtan links, but then this is a concept that would be hard to misrep imo. Curious to hear your perspective actually
As is a lot of OT prophecy, that was to be fulfilled by Jesus only, the snake on a pole/stake/cross whatever, is nothing but a type, that was used as an allegory of Jesus' crucifixion as anti-type.
The only objective it pointed to, was that no matter how obtuse the type appeared to be, God called men to it, for faith, that they may be healed.
Therefore, the anti-type, who was Jesus, was to be accepted for the same reason of faith.
His crucifixion is equally obtuse to the natural mind of men, by way of their own "thoughts and ways".
Be sure to read Isa. 55:8-9 for a better understanding of the "snake on a pole", and then you will have a clearer understanding, that God does NOT "guide us into ALL truth" by our own mind, but rather by His!
John 16:13.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nehushtan appears to simply mean “piece of brass.”
well Ezra, appearances can be deceiving i guess. I mean got any pieces of brass around your spread need "breaking up?" See so you might maybe find what "bronze" (or brass, for now) symbolizes as far as Scripture is concerned, bc it is in There, plain as day, i guess. There is no "Brass Aga Collapse" so brass might get in the way later, at least if it becomes one of your "beliefs" anyway...ha.

Got any "beliefs," Ezra? Do you think? Bc maybe, but i srsly doubt it brother. Weird huh, to be able to say that and mean it, and no one can demonstrate otherwise? The best cure for Christianity is reading the Bible, lol, ol Samuel got that one right on the nose i guess huh? Cant state a single Absolute Truth from Scripture, Which is chock-full of Absolute Truth lol. I cant state one either fwiw, and i try every day, we have a little session on that just about every day, whenever someone brings it up here, cuz theyre still tryin too of course. Goin on two years now i guess

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW, the issue of the "abomination of desolation" is to be understood in the same manner of type and anti-type.
Understand this also: John 5:39, and you will have the direct teaching from God Himself, and not the erroneous preconceived "thoughts and ways" of men.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
As is a lot of OT prophecy, that was to be fulfilled by Jesus only, the snake on a pole/stake/cross whatever, is nothing but a type, that was used as an allegory of Jesus' crucifixion as anti-type.
The only objective it pointed to, was that no matter how obtuse the type appeared to be, God called men to it, for faith, that they may be healed.
Therefore, the anti-type, who was Jesus, was to be accepted for the same reason of faith.
His crucifixion is equally obtuse to the natural mind of men, by way of their own "thoughts and ways".
Be sure to read Isa. 55:8-9 for a better understanding of the "snake on a pole", and then you will have a clearer understanding, that God does NOT "guide us into ALL truth" by our own mind, but rather by His!
John 16:13.
eb no offense but see i can tell you havent bothered with that Naive deal yet? See how youre all talkin like you know something? And i hate for you to take this wrong bro i love you ok but you just sound like a silly kid to me, doin that. And i could refute what you said up there, but then that would pretty much be the end of the convo too i guess, right, i mean, no, God mos def does not want you worshipping Jesus like a snake on a pole ok, hence "break up Nehushtan, priest" but i'm wore now bro, so just go ahead and keep teaching what you sorry ok obviously dont know, i even understand bro bc what is it? = like "weakness" or something to us now huh, once youve ate from that Tree its just like a festering disease, innit?

Last edited:
B

brakelite

sounds great huh but see now you have added resurrection tomorrow or what i call "death, more abundantly" to your metal, yeh? And i say "you" when i mean "all of us, every, virtually every Christian believer," i dont mean its your fault, til you start blindly teaching it anyway, but it is your responsibility?

If you arent resurrected after baptism then you arent resurrected period, ok? And i havent said this in a while so i will say again that your pastor, esp if he is an OG, earnest and true, already knows most of this...i'd say about 50/50 there prolly, some pastors still handling snakes i guess lol, literally, so whaddya gonnado, i would talk to three and one of them will surely verify, just keep asking til you find one that doesnt talk like, um, ppl here do? ha

or dont, ok, i understand, most ppl just cant i guess, that is a big, yawning, Open Mouth you gotta dive into in order to get that, after being raised on the quail, i guess. Leaving the world, ha, who can really do that? Who even tries, any more? So i dont blame you any, ok, but i would sure get a lot less certain about what i know ok
Is this something like what you are looking for....
So what’s so Good about the Good News?

B

brakelite

that was just a Quote bro
no bro, you do not know that, that is the tares talkin i guess ok. Ok bye
Yeah, I do. You may not know that... You guess...
KJV 1 John 3
We Are God's Children
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yeah, I do. You may not know that... You guess...
KJV 1 John 3
We Are God's Children
1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
bro, you can assume whatever "we" you like, ok, tares are a powerful thing i guess, but you arent now and never have been on tares at all, right, that's strictly them other "believers" huh. That also got no beliefs whatsoever, cant find a single one? So keep talkin like you know bro, everybody knows right. Go ahead.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ha ya, thats where id be hearing all are deceived myself, alright. Course they actually all teach the same thing, too, no diff whatsoever, on a spiritual level. A search of "Jesus Cults" used to lay that out, but i noticed about a year ago its been obscured there now too. Nobody preachin who seeks to save his soul will lose it that i'm aware of anyway