Who is Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
דוד חֵן (David) said:
With so many denominations, who is right? I now consider myself a former catholic and a born-again christian. I believe in Jesus and that he died for our sins so that we could go to heaven. I believe in Jesus my Lord, my God. I will give Jesus, live Jesus and love Jesus.

David
You can't be a "former catholic" if you never joined the Catholic Church.

Who is right? When you read the writings of the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers they espoused Catholic teachings and beliefs. When you study Christian History it is clear that The Catholic Church has been around for 2,000 years so I would say The Catholic Church is right.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is right? When you read the writings of the Apostolic Fathers and the Early Church Fathers they espoused Catholic teachings and beliefs. When you study Christian History it is clear that The Catholic Church has been around for 2,000 years so I would say The Catholic Church is right.
God and His word have being around since the beginning. it is only they who are right, though men love to follow teh stupidty of men and tehre religion. One day...

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Sword said:
No prayers. No confession nothing,
Rom 10:9-10 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

:rolleyes:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Heb 13:8 said:
Rom 10:9-10 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

:rolleyes:
I know what scripture says whats YOUR point?

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Sword said:
I know what scripture says whats YOUR point?
How do you get saved and find God without confessing.

Sword said:
My wife was saved doing the house work. Never asked Christ in to her life. But all of a sudden knew God was real and followed.No prayers. No confession nothing,

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you get saved and find God without confessing.
I asked whats you point spit it out dont hide now? what are you saying/

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Sword said:
My wife was saved doing the house work. Never asked Christ in to her life. But all of a sudden knew God was real and followed.No prayers. No confession nothing, Knew God was real and followed. as I said all of a sudden. I was asking her eb=very now and again if she would like to come to church with me and the kids. And it was always no thanks on the out side. But get stuffed in the inside :) I aint going. Then boom Gods real lol.
:)

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Sword said:
I asked whats you point spit it out dont hide now? what are you saying/
your wife did not get saved. might of been the fumes in the vacuum? i dunno.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
simple; by recognizing that one does not accept Christ with their mouth, but rather their mouth reveals--or iow they "confess with their mouth"--whether their heart is with Christ or not, similar to how "accusing the brethren" has now been revealed, between this thread and the other, with all due respect.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
simple; by recognizing that one does not accept Christ with their mouth, but rather their mouth reveals--or iow they "confess with their mouth"--whether their heart is with Christ or not,
Underline: To be saved you must confess and believe. Sorry to burst your fantasy bubble.

Rom 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
bbyrd009 said:
simple; by recognizing that one does not accept Christ with their mouth, but rather their mouth reveals--or iow they "confess with their mouth"--whether their heart is with Christ or not, similar to how "accusing the brethren" has now been revealed, between this thread and the other, with all due respect.
why am i not too surprised here. goodbye.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
nah, you get another chance to get it right today, Heb. And you keep getting chances, until you run out of todays.
so we don't have to confess and believe to be saved. thank u for your wisdom.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so we don't have to confess and believe to be saved. thank u for your wisdom.
No prob, Heb.

"confess" has a literal aspect, and a spiritual one, just like "believe" does

and who among us does not have examples of those who "say" things with their mouth, and have "beliefs,"

v

those whose "confession"--which is observed in the other things they say, when they are not specifically talking about their beliefs, for instance-- verifies their "faith," and they don't even realize it, either. They just do it, like the first group, and there is no hiding either one? And these descriptions prolly even describe any one person, at different times.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
No prob, Heb.

"confess" has a literal aspect, and a spiritual one, just like "believe" does

and who among us does not have examples of those who "say" things with their mouth, and have "beliefs,"

v

those whose "confession"--which is observed in the other things they say, when they are not specifically talking about their beliefs, for instance-- verifies their "faith," and they don't even realize it, either. They just do it, like the first group, and there is no hiding either one? And these descriptions prolly even describe any one person, at different times.
You must do both to be saved. There is no wisdom or humility in those who don't. Are you born again bbyrd.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You must do both to be saved. There is no wisdom or humility in those who don't. Are you born again bbyrd.
well, you say "you must do both," but there are like at least 4 things up there, so now i will have to assume,

but assuming that you mean both "confess" and "believe," i merely wished to point out that people "confess" things all of the time, my best friend was just here, "confessing" how he is not going to be hanging out at the bar anymore, he has been spending too much time there, etc, so then he hung out for about another half hour, and then went to the bar. So, what became of his "confession?" Isn't his confession now, regardless of what comes out of his mouth, "I am at the bar again?"

and the same thing often happens at "believe," (which is "faith") becoming "beliefs," (which is not) which are then often conflated with "faith."

So, you tell me i must do both to be saved, and i agree, as far as that goes, but i can tell you with confidence that you are not saved yet, regardless of what anyone else has told you, for the simple reason that you have not held out to the end yet. And, since this is kind of a touchy subject with people, i won't ask the question i usually ask next, right now, this time i will try something different, and just ask you what the fruit of this believing that you are saved right now really does for you, over someone who does not hold that they are saved, say, like me, other than, really, make it harder for you to be "seeking," and giving you the impression that you have already found, and no longer need to seek anything?

If there is some other fruit of this, please let me know.

So, this kind of moots your second sentence, at least for now, which btw i also completely agree with, but it is so subjective a statement as to be rendered useless imo, for anything other than purposes of judgement, or at least it seems to me.

As to the third, "born again" is often, usually, portrayed as an instantaneous thing nowadays, when the evidence, the fruit, elucidates quite plainly that it is not, and so i will say that i am being born again, yes, i die a little bit every day now, again, after a long period of...not dying, being sure of my premises, etc, however you want to put it. Having a set mind, and not changing it at all, which i now expect to be changing my mind the day i die.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
bbyrd009 said:
but assuming that you mean both "confess" and "believe," i merely wished to point out that people "confess" things all of the time,
Rom 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.