Who is Right?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
The Word of God is right! Be led by the Holy Ghost! There are many denominations, cults and sects and reformations yet the Church consists of believers in all of them! Because the true Church is invisible and God knows whom is among the elect! I hold that as long as they are preaching Jesus (death, sinless life, burial and resurrection and the reception of the Holy Ghost) and encouraging holiness/godliness in lifestyle then its a genuine Christ centered Church! I believe that my Church assembly (though not perfect) is apart of the true Church and if I felt it wasn't I wouldn't be there! Be led by Jesus and centered on Him! Let His Spirit guide you and the Word of His mouth ground you and He shall lead you to the Father!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"Who is right" is the wrong question. Everybody is right. The question to ask is "Who teaches the truth?" Could there be a difference between a consistent, historical, authoritive teaching and an opinion?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Who is right" is the wrong question. Everybody is right. The question to ask is "Who teaches the truth?" Could there be a difference between a consistent, historical, authoritive teaching and an opinion?
Only God Jesus and teh Holy Spirirt are right, no man is right except in His own eyes. As for the truth , it is in Jesus Christ, he is teh truth and in Him there is no lie, all men are liars, yet it is that very truth that you consistently deny to hold onto your religion and its man made doctrines.

In all his Love

Reactions: bbyrd009

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
mjrhealth said:
Only God Jesus and teh Holy Spirirt are right, no man is right except in His own eyes. As for the truth , it is in Jesus Christ, he is teh truth and in Him there is no lie, all men are liars, yet it is that very truth that you consistently deny to hold onto your religion and its man made doctrines.

In all his Love
That is your opinion, but it is inconsistent, unhistorical, and has no authority to support it, other than your opinion of bible verses.
The CC has no man-made doctrines. How can you make such a claim when you don't know what they are and where they come from?

Start here:

VERITATIS SPLENDOR (The Splendor of Truth)
[SIZE=14.6667px]The splendour of truth shines forth in all the works of the Creator and, in a special way, in man, created in the image and likeness of God (cf. [/SIZE]Gen[SIZE=14.6667px] 1:26). Truth enlightens man's intelligence and shapes his freedom, leading him to know and love the Lord. Hence the Psalmist prays: "Let the light of your face shine on us, O Lord" ([/SIZE]Ps[SIZE=14.6667px] 4:6).[/SIZE]

INTRODUCTION

[SIZE=14.6667px]1. Called to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, "the true light that enlightens everyone" ([/SIZE]Jn[SIZE=14.6667px] 1:9), people become "light in the Lord" and "children of light" ([/SIZE]Eph[SIZE=14.6667px] 5:8), and are made holy by "obedience to the truth" (1 [/SIZE]Pet[SIZE=14.6667px] 1:22).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]It's the introduction to one of those "man made doctrines" you reject, but have no clue as to what you are rejecting. [/SIZE]

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is your opinion, but it is inconsistent, unhistorical, and has no authority to support it, other than your opinion of bible verses.
Od God jesus and teh holy Spirirt are not right, what God do you believe in than??

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
davidnelson said:
Out topic,

What are they and where do they come from?
The doctrines of the Catholic Church are the deposit of faith revealed by Jesus Christ, taught by the apostles, and handed down in their entirety by the apostles to their successors. Since revealed truth cannot change, and since the deposit of faith is comprised of revealed truth, expressed in Scripture and Sacred Tradition, the deposit of faith cannot change.

While it's certainly true that our Lord's words to the apostles in Matthew 18:18-19 grant authority to the apostles to "bind" the members of the Church to believe the doctrines of the Church ("He who listens to you listens to me. He who rejects you rejects me and the one who sent me" [Luke 10:16]), the "loosing" spoken of in Mathew. 18:18 does not mean the apostles can modify doctrine.
The Church does not have the power to do the impossible, to change or delete divinely revealed truth which forms the deposit of faith. Rather, the concept of loosing, as it pertains to the apostles and their successors, has more to do the Church's ability to dispense individuals or the whole Church from observing certain ecclesiastical disciplines. There are many examples of this authority to bind and loose in the arena of Church discipline. Here are a few:
http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/can-the-church-change-its-doctrines

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The doctrines of the Catholic Church are the deposit of faith revealed by Jesus Christ,
The doctrines of teh catholic church are the churches own. No differnt than what the Jewish priests where doing, changing, altering twisting things to make themslelves look good. but Jesus sees through all the mud. he isnt blind.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lots of people will kiss a picture of their mother or their children, it is who is being represented, not the picture itself. Many carry a picture of their family in their wallet. It's normal human behavior, not idolatry. Going from 2 dimensions to 3 dimensions should not cause knee-jerk reactions. If you think the veneration of Mary stops at a piece of stone, wood or plastic, you have been indoctrinated by anti-Catholic liars. We venerate Mary because God venerated her first. "Veneration" does not mean "worship".

God forbids the worship of statues, but commands the proper religious use of statues. Instances of this are all over the bible. Here is a list of verses your anti-Catholic mentors don't want you to read:

Images and Statues
This is also a good reference:

Do Catholics Worship Statues?

The Church absolutely recognizes and condemns the sin of idolatry. What anti-Catholics fail to recognize is the distinction between thinking a piece of stone or plaster is a god and desiring to visually remember Christ and the saints in heaven by making statues in their honor. The making and use of religious statues is a thoroughly biblical practice. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know his Bible.

It is pointless to discuss Mary without first getting a basic grasp of the sacred, which is found in the Old Testament. This might be a good starting point:
Mary, Ark of the New Covenant.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No idea about that,but Christ is our ark,just as Noah and his family entered into teh Arkto be protected during the flood,now we must be In Christ so we will be protected during the coming tribulation. Once those doors are closed it is finished for those who dont.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
mjrhealth said:
No idea about that,but Christ is our ark,just as Noah and his family entered into teh Arkto be protected during the flood,now we must be In Christ so we will be protected during the coming tribulation. Once those doors are closed it is finished for those who dont.
Well, that's one way of interpreting Noah's ark I never thought of, since every bible commentator, Catholic and Protestant, sees Noah's ark as a prefigurement of the Church. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying its a different way of looking at it. We see Mary as a personification of the Church, as revealed by Rev. 12:17. Either you are of "her offspring" or you are not, so denying or re-interpreting who the woman is in that verse makes no difference to her or to me. Again, it's all pointless discussion unless you take an honest look at the sense of the sacred found in the Ark of the Old Covenant. That's why I posted the link explaining it.

Note: I am not the one that brought up the subject of Mary or statues. It's off topic but I am prepared to answer any questions within my limited sphere of knowledge.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
makes no difference to her or to me
I can guarantte it does make a differnece to her, because you venerate her more highly than she should be. Just is just like us, no better no worse.

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

See we who are in Christ know our place, not one is more highly regarded than another, is the head greater than the foot., is the eye better than the elbow. I hope you understand.

In all His love

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been out of circulation for quite a while but have got back onto the horse again hence the late reply.

If you look at church in the western context, you would have to wonder if any of them are a reflection of the real thing.

For instance, where in scripture does it say to employ someone from outside of the church to run the place?

Where does it say that the church needs to employ a youth pastor?

Where does it say to take up an offering every Sunday?

Where does it say you employ someone to do the preaching?

Where does it say you relate to a central office for guidance and who you pay an annual subscription to?

Where does it say you have to spend millions on buildings?

Where does it say we have to have an AGM?

And so on and so on.

What made the NTC different? The scripture says they had been with Jesus.

In a church I attended a long time ago, after the meeting I always seen to end up having a conversation with a young man in his 20's. Not to boast but one day he said every time I spend talking to you I get the feeling that I am talking to Jesus.

Perhaps that is more important than being able to do this or do that or qualify for this or qualify for that, or build our kingdom. Are we truly reflecting the nature and life of Christ?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
דוד חֵן (David) said:
Does that means God allowed kissing the feet of Mary's statue?
Does God allow the kissing of a picture of your mother or loved one?
Do you think we are so stupid we think veneration stops at a piece of stone or plaster?
I see the anti-Catholics have you well indoctrinated with the usual lies.

BTW, the proper use of religious statuary is a thoroughly biblical practice.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
דוד חֵן (David) said:
With so many denominations, who is right? I now consider myself a former catholic and a born-again christian. I believe in Jesus and that he died for our sins so that we could go to heaven. I believe in Jesus my Lord, my God. I will give Jesus, live Jesus and love Jesus.

David
I believe the bible . you have need of no man to teach youI will teach you all things says the Holy Ghost.
But we dont give him time to teach us anything do we?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sword said:
I believe the bible . you have need of no man to teach youI will teach you all things says the Holy Ghost.
But we dont give him time to teach us anything do we?
Oh dear, you just opened a can of worms.....

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Angelina said:
That's where most of the denominational battles come from.... :huh: but let me just make this one point. If I got saved by confessing my sins [1 John1:9] [Romans 10:9,10] and receiving Jesus as my Lord and savior ~ then I died an hour later, I am saved period!. Without having any knowledge of the Trinity, water baptism or understanding the tenets of faith....I am saved!
My wife was saved doing the house work. Never asked Christ in to her life. But all of a sudden knew God was real and followed.No prayers. No confession nothing, Knew God was real and followed. as I said all of a sudden. I was asking her eb=very now and again if she would like to come to church with me and the kids. And it was always no thanks on the out side. But get stuffed in the inside :) I aint going. Then boom Gods real lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.