Who is the dogs and the swine.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No you will see what you want to see in everyone. You cant stand me. you are full of hatred for me. You attacked me at every turn and many of you have told me I am so wrong etc. I never saw one of you saying I will pray for you.
that can be taken as a put down too though. Imo you have taken quite civil correction and turned it into "can't stand you, hate you, attacked you" etc.

With all due respect if you stop making yourself the subject (non-stop), you will cease feeling attacked.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are commanded to heal the sick raise the dead cast out demons and set the captives free.
This is a commandment. You can either do it or you can hide behind all manner of excuse , which you can say to men. But you will not pull any of these excuses with God.

ummmm... Christ did not commission everyone to do those actions. Christ gave a select few the power to perform a duty that he sent them to do. as it is written;
Matt 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

If you read Mark you will find that there are more specifics given about the 12 that were sent;
Mark 5:7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits...
They were sent in two's

It should further be pointed out that Christ did not send the empowered 12 to the whole world. as it is written;
Matt 10:5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Matt 11:1And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

The story of those commissioned to heal and preach to the lost sheep of Israel did not end with the 12. If you read Luke you will find out even more about those empowered and sent;
10 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

And there was the key to understanding the sending out by Christ of the 82. Christ sent 82 people empowered to heal and teach in two's to go to those cities and places that he himself would come while he was on the earth to be his forerunners and to prepare his way before he himself would come to them. So the Commands to the 82 would be fulfilled once Christ had made his circuit to all the places he would go to himself.
To assume that the 82's commission was to go past that time would be an error of understanding and not based on God's word.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you think that I dont. Am I giving up my time for others yes. am I walking in to ridicule yes. Are people laughing at me yes all the time in my village. even Christians . Do I preach every where I go. and many people love hearing me and spend time listning. SO what do you want from me?
You never said one possitive thing to me in here. but you expect me to walk in a higher level than you? Why is that?

Hello Sword, how are you today?

h

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ummmm... Christ did not commission everyone to do those actions. Christ gave a select few the power to perform a duty that he sent them to do. as it is written;
Matt 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

If you read Mark you will find that there are more specifics given about the 12 that were sent;
Mark 5:7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits...
They were sent in two's

It should further be pointed out that Christ did not send the empowered 12 to the whole world. as it is written;
Matt 10:5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. 8Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Matt 11:1And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.

The story of those commissioned to heal and preach to the lost sheep of Israel did not end with the 12. If you read Luke you will find out even more about those empowered and sent;
10 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

And there was the key to understanding the sending out by Christ of the 82. Christ sent 82 people empowered to heal and teach in two's to go to those cities and places that he himself would come while he was on the earth to be his forerunners and to prepare his way before he himself would come to them. So the Commands to the 82 would be fulfilled once Christ had made his circuit to all the places he would go to himself.
To assume that the 82's commission was to go past that time would be an error of understanding and not based on God's word.
We are talking about today who is sent to day. I will tell you who. Believers .

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
i think you have pretty much gotten everyone's (who regularly posts, and wishes to give one) opinion at this point, Sword.
I know there opinions see this is why its hard talking in here. Were done with the opinions, I asked why they believe they dont have the gift so it still stands. Why do you all believe you are not to go.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
that can be taken as a put down too though. Imo you have taken quite civil correction and turned it into "can't stand you, hate you, attacked you" etc.

With all due respect if you stop making yourself the subject (non-stop), you will cease feeling attacked.
Nah thats your word. I am only recieving people agreeing or disagreeing. Job has been attacking but am teflon. Actully one person hurt me just a little . because I fell into the age old trap of expecting more. Job doesnt get to me at all. He has little to say on anything. I read his posts and think next. Hes no effect on me. I dont like what you do taking little bits of my post and answering what suits you. please learn to quote and answer the whole thing. I am dissapointed in here as all I want is for you all to realise we all can heal the sick. and its Gods will as we seen through Christ.
God is so easy to read. He loves us and only requires us to use the faith He already gave us. I dont feel atacked I aint hurt, I aint angry. I dont know if its because you are all thinking I am like you when you get confronted , dont know if its because it is a normal basic way to act in most cases.. I aint normal,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do you all believe you are not to go.
why do you believe we are all to go according to your Word on the matter? What's wrong with sending the sick of one kind of illness to you, and another kind to someone else, as God wills?

it comes across as an attempt to legitimize miracle healing or yourself, or both, which actually has the opposite effect, occluding any legitimacy that actually exists, which it likely does at least on some level.

If all sickness is spiritual, then changing your perception can immediately change your reality, and imo this is the gift of healing. And if yours just happens to be ministering to those whose perceptions can be changed in that way then i say amen.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to believe that the material world is a manifestation of the spiritual world.....Plato was one smart fella

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I asked why they believe they dont have the gift
...as you have rigidly defined it, yes. But note that relating the healings in the third person would have eliminated this problem also, because the "I" has been removed, along with the strict definition of the gift that the "I" apparently felt compelled to provide. It becomes a testimony, a witness of an event that glorifies God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You =got scripture for that?
hmm, that there is more than one way to interpret Scripture? Yes, but it is a theme that must be developed through various analogies, "pablum to meat" "water to wine" (and even new wine to old wine, when you find "detergent" a la highly distilled wine, etc), nonsense=sense, the Holy Spirit should be your guide, Paul ignoring the other Apostles for 3 years, see and not see, hear and not hear, etc.

it is widely acknowledged even; the alternative is that the interpretation that you in particular believe is true must be adhered to by everyone else, right? Are you prepared to accept my translational demands @ Scripture? of course not

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You =got scripture for that?
hands are symbolic of something, and so is sickness right. these may both be quite broadly interpreted without violating the intent of the passage (which i merely suggest is actually mostly spiritual, and only peripherally about actual physical ailments)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I dont like what you do taking little bits of my post and answering what suits you. please learn to quote and answer the whole thing.
if you find my reply out of context or something, bam say something, but as one can easily click the reftag (wish it was more obvious though) to read the entire reference, this makes attempting to reply to a long post completely impractical, i hope you see.

also we deem these like attacks maybe, but you might see that i prolly agree with everything else you say, and have quoted some small snip for clarification or whatever, even to disagree, but only @ that point