Who is the dogs and the swine.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Dear Sword,

Apparently the people who walked and talked with the Apostles associated it with Communion. The Didache, which is believed to have been written before some NT books, associates Matthew 7:6 with the Eucharist: But let no one eat or drink of your Eucharist, unless they have been baptized into the name of the Lord; for concerning this also the Lord has said, "Give not that which is holy to the dogs." (Chapter 9)

So I guess the early Christians considered "dogs" un-baptized people.

Historical Mary

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How can you encourage them if they flat out dont believe what scripture says. I am going to make one more post, and then I am done. I dont want to try any more to be honest.

For the most part they were all saying they dont have the gift. and none of them can tell how they know they dont. Some believe Jesus still heals today. some dont. some believe if its His will some dont. there is a huge difference in what many believe or other wise.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was just curious because you're here calling people pigs and dogs because no one here agrees with you. You have an unteachable spirit. You reject everything that is said to you and then you curse and condemn when your own words are rejected.

I don't know where you got the notion that you're some kind of Leader. Especially here, on a christian website. I can only imagine what it's like for the people who have to deal with you in real world.

Any Testimony you may have had is erased by the persona you project. For me anyway.

o
Yes but I can see right past your stuggles.

Why do any of you think I am here for anything other than to share what s available to all.

All I have said is healing is availsable to every believer. Thats it in a nut shell. I told how I seen it first hand and know for a fact its for all.
You seen way more than I see. For you I am Gay for you I am a liar. for you I put my self up on a pedalstool. For you its all about me. Thats what you want to see and that what you see. I dont worry about that I am not here for you. I am here for them with an ear. I dont care one iota what anyone thinks of me. My village were all laughing at me behind my back. People cant wait to tell you. They aint laughiing now because of the results I am getting. I done what I had a heart to do. You now decide what you want from it. I am about done here. So you do with it what ever you like. If you take up scripture with God and spend time with Him He will reveal it to you if you want it. Fact. Then you will be able to help anyone with any thing that is from satan. You decide free will is yours. All you lose by refuseing it is blessing. Your call. Not mine or Gods :)

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Sword,

Apparently the people who walked and talked with the Apostles associated it with Communion. The Didache, which is believed to have been written before some NT books, associates Matthew 7:6 with the Eucharist: But let no one eat or drink of your Eucharist, unless they have been baptized into the name of the Lord; for concerning this also the Lord has said, "Give not that which is holy to the dogs." (Chapter 9)

So I guess the early Christians considered "dogs" un-baptized people.

Historical Mary
Not interested in your histroy books tiold you already. ANd I thought you were done with me :)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not interested in your histroy books tiold you already. ANd I thought you were done with me :)
Dear Sword,

The Didache is not my history book. It is the writing of the Christians who walked and talked with the Apostles.

Who should I trust. Your writings (which will someday be 2,000 years old) or the writings of the people who walked and talked with the Apostles? Tough decision!

How do you read that passage? Do you agree with the writers of the Didache? I guess an un-baptized person could be an unbeliever.

I don't recall saying I was done with you. Can you refresh my memory and provide me with the post that I said that in? Please?

You previously accused me of saying that I "have no time for people who don't agree with me". I asked you to tell me which post I said that in and you never responded. I hope this isn't another false accusation. :(

Curious Mary

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope there YOU go adding it did not say "Believers who are empowered with the holy spirit can perform these actions." It said one word Believers. Please dont add to scripture.

Ummm no, there you go taking away from scripture.

Mark 16:19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

No man has the power do anything of themselves no matter how much they may believe. Only the holy spirit has the power to work through the believer. If belief alone was all that was needed then;
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

If you were truly trying to discuss the subject and you didn't believe what I said then why not ask how my conclusion was made rather than simply denying it? How can any believer who lives by every word of God not know that it is the holy spirit that empowers the miracles and signs? Even Christ said it plainly;

John 14:10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Last edited:

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Mark 16:19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

No man has the power do anything of themselves no matter how much they may believe. Only the holy spirit has the power to work through the believer. If belief alone was all that was needed then;
James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

If you were truly trying to discuss the subject and you didn't believe what I said then why not ask how my conclusion was made rather than simply denying it? How can any believer who lives by every word of God not know that it is the holy spirit that empowers the miracles and signs? Even Christ said it plainly;

John 14:10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.[/QUOTE]

John 14:10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

You quopted one scripture then brought in another. The one you quoted never said what you said. But these scripture do. I pointed out what the scripture you quoted never said. But I get it now. Thats fine. My mistake. Best frame this and show the wole forum where were you when Swrod Got one wrong :)

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quopted one scripture then brought in another. The one you quoted never said what you said. But these scripture do. I pointed out what the scripture you quoted never said. But I get it now. Thats fine. My mistake. Best frame this and show the wole forum where were you when Swrod Got one wrong :)

Sword....
The entire new testament is about God with us. I have no desire to make you wrong and glory in it.... that is not how I would wish you to treat me.

Reactions: Helen and Pisteuo

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People should give these verses a good long look and consideration when there is consideration of belief being discussed;

Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

An important aspect of those verses is that they point out that real people feel in their heart that they have a real living belief in Christ and spend time and effort to perform or apparently perform the works of a believer and yet somehow do not actually reach the mark set by Christ.
This is a key verse Christ gives for rightly dividing his fathers word.
If as some allude to that "all that's needed is belief" then how could it be that "MANY" who apparently believe that they believe are rejected at the end? This is a deep question and its answer will cause a lot of grief between people. So, should anyone tell others where there error is or simply let them find out for themselves when they stand before the judgment?

Last edited:
Reactions: Job

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
I used to think it was for unbelievers.

When indeed have we all killed our beasts? Have we killed any of them?

"She [wisdom] hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:2

And who or what are these beasts that we must kill?

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts." Ecc 3:18

When Solomon wrote those words he perhaps spoke of men who had not met the Master, but when we have met the Master, is all of the work done in us already or is there not work to do, which the Wisdom of God in us is willing and able to do. For what is impossible for men is certainly not impossible for God, but...

Then as the Apostle Paul admonished us...

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

He gave that admonishment because so many who have received the gift have then proceeded to quench the Holy Spirit within and even teach others directly or indirectly to quench that Spirit. If we are regularly quenching the Spirit that could and should be killing our beasts [be they dogs or swine or some others], why should we be surprised if no one is ever healed by the power of God, which we say is in us?

I seen so many Christians confronted with truth and in willful ignorance not except biblical truth. Not willing to listen or study it but walk in cognitive dissonance.

The scripture indeed contains God's Truth, but it is the Holy Spirit within us that brings that Truth to Life within us. If we routinely quench the Holy Spirit by denying what Jesus said to us, why should it seem strange to us that we seem to be powerless when confronted with the "lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life"?

If you dont believe scripture its from an impure heart mind etc.
Dead men do not believe what God says to them. They really cannot, but even unbelievers have a glimmer of Hope which attracts them:

"That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. " John 1:9

If they respond to the Light and really ask for help from the One who can help, will He refuse? So then, once a person has approached the Light and received the precious gift which God has offered them, can they fail? Adam and Eve had a precious gift in the garden of Eden, but they threw it away and failed. Fortunately a loving and merciful God provided us with an opportunity to go where Adam and Eve were and beyond... What are we doing with that opportunity?

John 14:23-24 - And to this Jesus replied, "When a man loves me, he follows my teaching. Then my Father will love him, and we will come to that man and make our home within him. The man who does not really love me will not follow my teaching. Indeed, what you are hearing from me now is not really my saying, but comes from the Father who sent me.

Amen! We need to pay attention to what Jesus teaches and obey what He teaches. Receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit does not remove from us our ability to say, no, to God. It does gives us the power to kill our beasts [be they dogs or swine or others] so that we can become more like Jesus:

"Quench not the Spirit"

John 14:15-31
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

You are commanded to heal the sick raise the dead cast out demons and set the captives free.
This is a commandment.
You can either do it or you can hide behind all manner of excuse , which you can say to men. But you will not pull any of these excuses with God.

What we need is faith in the One who is supposed to be in us. If He is and we allow Him to take our reins, how can we fail to accomplish God's will? Undoubtedly some people have taken on a negative faith, that is to say a faith that they cannot do certain things like stop sinning. That is not the kind of faith God requires. If we say we cannot do it, we most assuredly cannot.

Having said all of that I would then go the following words in the Book of James:

"Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not." James 4:2

What is that we desire? Healing of our bodies? Sometimes we may ask as Hezekiah did and get what we requested and the final result may be worse than what we already had.

But to continue with what James wrote:

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:3

What is "amiss"? One thing that may be amiss is a strictly selfish request for our own pleasure or glory when one of those things is placed in 1st place in front of God.

Another example of what we should not ask for is something opposed to what God's will is:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;" Ecc 3:1-3

God has His times for each of us. Should we pray for an extension of our own natural lives. King Hezekiah did.
Both of my parents died many years ago. Should I have prayed for God not to take them at the time which He had already appointed? One of my maternal grandmother's attained her one hundredth birthday [in 2003] before she died. Should I have prayed for God to give her a few more years?

Jesus did not want to suffer and die. He was a man of flesh with desires to do some of the things, no doubt, that all of us have had. He never had a wife. He never had natural children. He never attained his 34th natural birthday nor any of the ones that might have followed it, if He had lived on as a man without taking the pathway of the cross. What pathway does God have for each one of us? What cross does He have for each of us to bear? Should we not pray as Jesus did that God's will for us be done rather than we might a few more days or years or whatever it is that our hearts would like to have?

Reactions: pia and Sword

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh Geez Louise.....You guys make me want to break down and cry a river...:" One NEW commandment I give unto you, that you love one another as I have loved you." If these pages are any indication of the Love of the Lord, we're ALL in very serious trouble....

Reactions: Sword and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Geez Louise.....You guys make me want to break down and cry a river...:" One NEW commandment I give unto you, that you love one another as I have loved you." If these pages are any indication of the Love of the Lord, we're ALL in very serious trouble....
Amen, dear Sister, the apostle Paul under inspiration put it to words here:

"Charity [Love in other translations] suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." I Cor 13:4-7

And he finished the chapter with these words:

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity [love], these three; but the greatest of these is charity [love]." I Cor 13:13

The beginning of the chapter shows how worthless so many seemingly essential things are without love:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity [love], I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity [love], I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity [love], it profiteth me nothing." I Cor 13:1-3

If each of here and in every person attending every Christian assembly in our countries could get this chapter and chapters 5,6 & 7 of Matthew written in their heart, the world would really be turned upside down.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not charity [love], it profiteth me nothing." I Cor 13:1-3
A huge AMEN !!!! Believe it or not, that is actually one of perhaps 3 actual chapter and verse, I can quote the numbers to lol. to many that is no laughing matter, but I have now managed with The Lord for 33 years without having to learn it off by heart. There are many times I have wished that I could remember all the various names and numbers of the various passages, but thankfully I was able to buy a concordance a couple of years after I bought my first Bible. I had managed with a borrowed Bible from a library at the beginning, when the first fellowship I went to, told me I HAD to have one.
The best thing to me about 1Cor 13:1-3, was when the Lord got me to understand that it wasn't just an instruction to us on how to behave....It describes our wonderful Father....Made me do cartwheels that day ( and many others besides ).
Thank you for all your very nice responses, it is lovely when not being 'yelled' at all the time lol.
How is your wife ? I hope she is improving each and every day. Praise the Lord, that it went well for her.
I was so happy to see, in the midst of all the various 'contentions' on the forum, that almost all joined in prayers for your wife. That's more like it ! Thank you very much again, have a glorious day, and please give your lovely wife a hug and hello from West Australia.................... Joy and blessings in the Lord always Pia :)

Reactions: Sword

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Between Sword and BoL reaching down from great height to give husbandry to all of us lowly pigs, dogs, and anticatholics......how are we ever going to pay back such favors?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen