Who is the dogs and the swine.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I used to think it was for unbelievers.
I seen so many Christians confronted with truth and in willful ignorance not except biblical truth. Not willing to listen or study it but walk in cognitive dissonance.
If you dont believe scripture its from an impure heart mind etc.

John 14:23-24 - And to this Jesus replied, "When a man loves me, he follows my teaching. Then my Father will love him, and we will come to that man and make our home within him. The man who does not really love me will not follow my teaching. Indeed, what you are hearing from me now is not really my saying, but comes from the Father who sent me.

John 14:15-31
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

You are commanded to heal the sick raise the dead cast out demons and set the captives free.
This is a commandment.
You can either do it or you can hide behind all manner of excuse , which you can say to men. But you will not pull any of these excuses with God.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Sword
The quote from John was long after Matt , Mark, and Luke were written...it was one of the last books. Therefore Jesus had long before said to them-
Matt 22 " the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”
Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

There is no other "commandment" telling the Church to go and heal, cast out demons and raise the dead!!
Yes, Jesus gave power to the church to do these things...but it is not a command as you seem to indicate.

If it was, not too many will be keeping His commandment! And the great majority will be labeled as sinners! o_O

1 Cor 12 " Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the *word of wisdom; to another the *word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another *faith by the same Spirit; to another the *gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the *working of miracles; to another *prophecy; to another *discerning of spirits; to another *divers kinds of tongues; to another the *interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as He will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ."

I read that we all can and do, by the Spirit, operate in the gift at a given time...but not all have the same gift. The leg is not the eye, the elbow is not the knee...we are A Body..together ...together we function under one Head.

There is not any 'command' anywhere that we must or have to do these things that you quoted.
I see that Paul, Peter, John etc in the epistles called us to walk in righteousness. Called us to fight the good fight of faith...called us to overcome the flesh, but nowhere is the epistles do I read any of them remonstrating with the people that they weren't healing enough people, casting enough devils out, or raising enough dead!

I may have a gift of some kind...but it isn't my place to go about telling everyone else that they also must do as I do.
We have a family member who is always giving money to African outreach and nags the rest of us to do the same. We just ignore it...we feel that we have heard to send our money to the Ukrainian orphanages. Not Africa. My point being...we cannot hear what the Spirit is speaking for someone else , for their life or spiritual work. We can only hear from the Spirit about our own life!

God bless.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no other "commandment" telling the Church to go and heal, cast out demons and raise the dead!!

I wonder why people don't understand that? Especially those who claim to be so blessed. I guess the Pharisees are still hanging on...

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I cant believe that you all need God to say this is A COMMAND.
Do I really need to list every single command of God? Even if I do you will still have a closed mindset and excuse to not follow Christ.
Tell them all things I told you. and what did He tell them to do go heal the sick. what on earth do you people think the commision is?
Have you Grace who went to the bother of writing this post. Do you know what all the commaneds are obviously not and you never bothered to look them up. many people have listed them. Let not many be teachers and again in here so many teachers. Opps lets not miss the next part as you like to look at the next part Grace. For there is a much strcter judgement. But you are all quite happy and content to say am right your wrong bring on God and I will tell him to. I know I am correct here. the whole NC tells you to imitate Christ. GO YE THERE FOR. But you think that yea is not thee.
So many excuses and lies in here. My wife is behind me saying why are you wasting your time. They dont want to hear it leave them to it.
This is exactly why I posted the swine comment. No one in here has ever been mistaught anything. Last thing I will do here is post the full list of ALL of Gods commands. I had enough. It stomach churning looking at so many teachers. Everyone has a voice and no ears. Everyone knows better.
Dont you know whats in front of you when you meet him. Iyts your tears when you see His love . There no condemnation. I aint saying yall are in for it. I am saying there will be tears of regret, you will be distraught at every lose word and false teaching and the implications of all the people you told lies but still you go on. Still YOU know better. Your all saying what you thing. You dont have revelation on it. You have what you think and when you meet revelation you dont have an ear. Job You added nothing but snide remarks at every post I made. Its gonna bite you in the ass when you see him. Carry on I am shaking the dust off for you. satna is having full sway in here and every other site for that matter and almost every church.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Sword I thought that as this was in the Debate Board , that was what it meant. But obviously not.
But I did not intend to offend you with my post.
I was just bring other scriptures into play...and saying how I believe things under the New Covenant .
But, whatever , no sweat.
Whatever you do, do it with all your might Sword.
I'm sure God will continue to give he gift of healing and the gift of faith to His Body.
God will not lose His battle.
God bless....H

Reactions: pia

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are commanded to heal the sick raise the dead cast out demons and set the captives free.
This is a commandment.
it is not a commandment, to us never was, we have but one thing to love others as He loves us, so many " i do not know you" cant earn your life by works.

this bit

Mat_6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

to many trying to impress God not enough willing to wait.

Moses 40 years in the desert....

Last edited:
Reactions: Job

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
we have but one thing to love others as He loves us,
And he layed hands on all who were sick. And if you you loved the sick you would lay hands on them to as you lack NO GOOD thing.
None of you as yet could tell me why you cant.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And he layed hands on all who were sick. And if you you loved the sick you would lay hands on them to as you lack NO GOOD thing.
None of you as yet could tell me why you cant.
Simple I was not sent to do that, did He send you to do that. ???

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
we cannot hear what the Spirit is speaking for someone else , for their life or spiritual work. We can only hear from the Spirit about our own life!
Hello there. What a wonderful post 1 At the last bit there, I wanted to ask you, if you meant that the leading you get from The Holy spirit will not be for someone else, as they should get their own leading, is that right?
In relation to the Spirit speaking about someone Else's life ( I don't mean path), I have actually experienced that a few times. Once in relation to a complete stranger, who as it turned out was a Christian his wife as well, needing urgent, as in right then, financial assistance, I was even told the amount. So rather a personal matter. They were so pleased , as was I as I found out why they needed it so bad. It certainly isn't easy going up to someone and tell them that the Lord, or if Christian, The Holy spirit is asking you to tell them or ask them this or that, or indeed to do something for them, but I have overcome my fear and apprehension, with the surety of His presence , each of the times. Even once to a very old Jewish man, who I saw at a doctors surgery with his grown son. The son tried to prevent the man from coming back in to see me, after I handed him a note with the message, and in the end prevailed in pulling his dad away, and then I was called in for my appointment.I saw the impact the message had on the old man, but have no clue what happened to him after that. Just astonishing how The Lord can do things at times. If we are willing, as you well know, He will take us on such an adventure, and the more willing we are, the more He gives, in my own experience..........
Is there a section on this forum where people could share the things they are or have been aware of that the Lord has done or is doing ? There was one post I saw where a man had been healed just prior to hip surgery.
I think we could all do with sharing things which bring glory to God and glory to Jesus and encourage us in The Spirit, stir Him up ! Be blessed :) Pia

Reactions: Helen

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I used to think it was for unbelievers.
I seen so many Christians confronted with truth and in willful ignorance not except biblical truth. Not willing to listen or study it but walk in cognitive dissonance.
If you dont believe scripture its from an impure heart mind etc.

John 14:23-24 - And to this Jesus replied, "When a man loves me, he follows my teaching. Then my Father will love him, and we will come to that man and make our home within him. The man who does not really love me will not follow my teaching. Indeed, what you are hearing from me now is not really my saying, but comes from the Father who sent me.
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

This is a commandment.
You can either do it or you can hide behind all manner of excuse , which you can say to men. But you will not pull any of these excuses with God.

maybe you should read the verse before it, there sa-ward before you accuse others of their short comings in your judgement of them

Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. 6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

also dogs and swine are used in those days and today to describe the nature of men in general. if you look into the way these animals behave a act in the groups they are in and their basic nature human are almost exactly the same.

and as usual, you are way out there in left field on what was meant in those verses.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At the last bit there, I wanted to ask you, if you meant that the leading you get from The Holy spirit will not be for someone else, as they should get their own leading, is that right?

Yes that was what I was trying to say :)

In John 5 even Jesus shows that He could and would only DO what He saw by the Spirit that His Father intended for him to do. That is how I read it.
19 "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."

We remember Acts 5:15 "Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one."

Now we can go both ways on this....we can say that either Jesus had walked by these people and NOT heard from His Father to heal them. OR we have to say that Jesus healed them all...and between that time and the time here in Acts..every one of them got sick again!

Plus, I remember that out of ALL the people laying around the Pool Of Bethesda Jesus only chose one man to heal. Obviously, according to His own words above...He had NOT heard from His Father to heal any of the others. Jesus was always led by the Lord in everything He did, or did not do.
I believe, ( just me..not saying anyone else must agree) that when we (try) to do things that God has not told us to do...it is dead works.
So yes, I believe as we go through our day..The Holy Spirit will lead us , if we have a sensitive ear to hear. We at no time have the right to 'play-God' in someone else's life and tell them what they should or should not do.
We hold the vision before them, we encourage them in the walk of the Spirit...we always point them back to God...but we do not tell them how to live their life...we just "pray and don't say." Much more is accomplished that way I believe. If God tells us to pray for someone to 'hear' His voice in a certain matter... He does the work...we are just co-workers with God. :)
My two cents.
Is there a section on this forum where people could share the things they are or have been aware of that the Lord has done or is doing ? There was one post I saw where a man had

Yes there is...the Praise and Testimony boards.
This Thread is on the Debate Board.

Reactions: pia

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
maybe you should read the verse before it, there sa-ward before you accuse others of their short comings in your judgement of them

Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. 6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

also dogs and swine are used in those days and today to describe the nature of men in general. if you look into the way these animals behave a act in the groups they are in and their basic nature human are almost exactly the same.

and as usual, you are way out there in left field on what was meant in those verses.
I can see and I know healing is for all. you lack nothing.
maybe you should have read the one before that.

Mat 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
ask anything that is in Gods will and it will be given. Thats any thing.
My eye is clear veryt clear. So is my understanding of who allowed to heal.

You can take my message anD throw it out.
you can take my message and put it to the test.
or you can take my message and say nothing.
But you all wont to add to it. and obviously some one is totally wrong. I used to believe what you all believe. Today I know more than I did. But When I was told this message I took God at His word. You are all teachers in here and will stand in the stricter judgment for that. As will I. I cant see understand why you all think you dont have a commision. The whole NC is for you to go and do as cHRIST DONE. bUT YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAISNT IT . nONE OF YOU CAN TELL HOW YOU THINK YOU KNOW YOU DONT HAVE THE GIFT OF HEALING NONE OF YOU. sORRY CAPS AINT GOING BACK TO CHANGE IT.
tHINK i WILL MAKE A LIST THAT WILL BE A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME.
Of all the tings that you all will have to work your way round and dig a bigger whole for your selves. All the reason why you are supposed to or could do go heal the sick.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder why people don't understand that? Especially those who claim to be so blessed. I guess the Pharisees are still hanging on...
So blind the whole commison is to go set them free. Who cliamed to be so blessed? Who you talking about?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU DONT HAVE THE GIFT OF HEALING NONE OF YOU.

And you have a mouth that sows nothing but discord. Your knowledge of the scriptures is nonexistent. Rude and obnoxious are not the traits of a disciple of God.

You should've taken your wife's advice and walked away.

m

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where does it say you are not to go?
have you not read this bit

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

we are here to do the Fathers will , again,

Rom 10:15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

there are many out there not sent who will soon enough find out there is no reward for running ahead of God, If He hasnt sent you , than you should not be going.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I can see and I know healing is for all. you lack nothing.
maybe you should have read the one before that.

Mat 7:7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
ask anything that is in Gods will and it will be given. Thats any thing.
My eye is clear veryt clear. So is my understanding of who allowed to heal.

You can take my message anD throw it out.
you can take my message and put it to the test.
or you can take my message and say nothing.
But you all wont to add to it. and obviously some one is totally wrong. I used to believe what you all believe. Today I know more than I did. But When I was told this message I took God at His word. You are all teachers in here and will stand in the stricter judgment for that. As will I. I cant see understand why you all think you dont have a commision. The whole NC is for you to go and do as cHRIST DONE. bUT YOU ARE FIGHTING AGAISNT IT . nONE OF YOU CAN TELL HOW YOU THINK YOU KNOW YOU DONT HAVE THE GIFT OF HEALING NONE OF YOU. sORRY CAPS AINT GOING BACK TO CHANGE IT.
tHINK i WILL MAKE A LIST THAT WILL BE A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY TIME.
Of all the tings that you all will have to work your way round and dig a bigger whole for your selves. All the reason why you are supposed to or could do go heal the sick.

The churches that do not acknowledge someone as a born again Christian until they speak in tongues should make people heal the sick instead. Problem is that can't be counterfitted.

I wonder if the gifts are as inaccessible as we assume? I spoke in tongues once years ago but haven't since; I did it without thinking because somebody had to do something. So perhaps gifts are given as the need arises, and not everyone needs to have it.

If people share their experiences with first using any gifts this is what I expect we would find. They are given as the need arises, and they were not lead by the nose to do it.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The churches that do not acknowledge someone as a born again Christian until they speak in tongues should make people heal the sick instead. Problem is that can't be counterfitted.

I wonder if the gifts are as inaccessible as we assume? I spoke in tongues once years ago but haven't since; I did it without thinking because somebody had to do something. So perhaps gifts are given as the need arises, and not everyone needs to have it.

If people share their experiences with first using any gifts this is what I expect we would find. They are given as the need arises, and they were not lead by the nose to do it.

(Philippians 4:11-16) "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. {12} I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. {13} I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. {14} Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction. {15} Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. {16} For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity."

This is one such verse telling us that yes, through Christ, we can lay hands on the sick, speak in tongues, etc, BUT, its by the will of God that this occurs, purely at his behest. Just because we are capable of "doing all things" doesn't mean that we ever will, with any degree of consistency. This is why it irritates me when I find pastors telling people to "do this or that" as if me speaking gibberish is evidence of my faith just because you told me to. Once again, the "do" religious belief rears its ugly head within the church, as if its something I'm supposed to be "doing" by my will instead of the will of the Father in heaven.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They are given as the need arises

You can not walk in a room that does not have needs in it anywhere. there world is full of christians who are sick for lack of knowledge. Like james said. and apart from that there is a whole lost world out there. so can you show me any where where there is no "need"

I asked the question how do you all know healing is not your gift and no takers as yet.
We are to take the good news /kingdom to a needy world. How much clearer could this be