Who Is "the Restrainer" In 2 Thess. 2:6-7

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
A Catholic reading your post would take your personal OPINION as an attack on them when you say that their faith is based on "hocus pocus Papal deception" and they aren't a "thinking person who reads the Bible with his eyes open". Further calling something that has been practiced and believed for 2000 years "Eucharistic magic". So what do you call your accusations if not an attack? (I know you won't answer this questions since I asked 7 questions in my last post and you didn't answer them)

Ignatius of Antioch was a student of the Apostle John and I trust what he said about the Eucharist over Hislop or Luther. What Ignatius said re-affirms what Jesus and Paul said. The Didache tells us what the early Christians practiced and believed. Jesus, Paul, Ignatius and early Christians beliefs and practices say OPPOSITE of what Luther and Hislop have to say about the Eucharist.
Brother, Jesus spoke the truth perfectly in love, yet He so offended those He loved that they nailed Him to a Cross. The truth has always received as good a welcome as the Author of it was received - a Cross.

Since you're so impatient to tell me what might offend you and others, let me tell you what offends me, Mr. Catholic sympathizer:
  • The Papal claim that the Pope is "God on Earth"
  • The Papal claim that salvation is only granted to those who submit to the Pope
  • The Papal claim that all Christ's title's, attributes, authority, and privileges belong to the Pope
  • The Papal claim that the Pope's word overthrows the very word of God
  • The Papal claim that God has to subscribe to whatever whim of the priest precedes.
  • The Papal claim that Mary is the only intercessor by which to approach Jesus.
Any Christian who is not offended by these BLASPHEMOUS claims of the Papacy has no business mouthing off to others about how much they are offended by the criticism of such blasphemy.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Yes! I believe what Jesus and Paul said.
You believe you know what they mean. You believe what you think is true. I don't accept your opinion, and I am not eating the flesh of Jesus when I eat the Bread of Salvation. It's bread; not human flesh.

The Passover Meal is usually eaten on a Friday Evening.
In the first century, out of towners would have it on Thursday since space was limited in Jerusalem.

Order of the meal as it was in Jesus’ time:

Cup of Sanctification – purifies; a shared cup as are all the others.
Parsley sprig dipped in saltwater – bitterness of slavery
Bread broken, half hidden in a three pocketed, folded linen pouch by the head of the table.
(The Tosh; 2nd century: was renamed to “I came” for the name Jesus supposedly gave it.)
Cup of Consecration – Thanks to God for Deliverance
Bread with horseradish – harshness of slavery.
Lamb eaten
Bread with sweet – joy of deliverance, last of the bread that was broken in half. (Mt 26:21)
Bread of Salvation – hidden bread taken out of the Tosh.
Cup of Redemption – to buy back a slave from the marketplace.
Cup of Anticipation – not drunk; in anticipation of the Messiah in Moses’ time.
Jesus now saying it is reserved for Heaven.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
You don't understand the concept of objective study. The graduates of today's Bible cemeteries, er seminaries, can't hold a candle to Luther, Wycliffe, Melancthon, Tyndale, Zwingle, and the rest of these highly credentialed theologians to whom the truth was more dear than life itself. Has it ever occurred to you that these men interpreted the verses you read differently for a scholarly reason? Yet, you brush away their conclusions which reigned supreme for centuries over Protestantism until Christians like you decided to just recently resurrect the lies of Jesuit Futurism, which these great men immediately recognized as error and buried under mountains of Biblical truth arguments, without you or your fellow Jesuit sympathizers giving their evidence a chance to speak?
Those scriptures say that God will bring back the Jews into their land. Is Israel desolate right now, or is it thriving?

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Phoneman777 said:
Brother, Jesus spoke the truth perfectly in love, yet He so offended those He loved that they nailed Him to a Cross. The truth has always received as good a welcome as the Author of it was received - a Cross.

Since you're so impatient to tell me what might offend you and others, let me tell you what offends me, Mr. Catholic sympathizer:
  • The Papal claim that the Pope is "God on Earth"
  • The Papal claim that salvation is only granted to those who submit to the Pope
  • The Papal claim that all Christ's title's, attributes, authority, and privileges belong to the Pope
  • The Papal claim that the Pope's word overthrows the very word of God
  • The Papal claim that God has to subscribe to whatever whim of the priest precedes.
  • The Papal claim that Mary is the only intercessor by which to approach Jesus.
Any Christian who is not offended by these BLASPHEMOUS claims of the Papacy has no business mouthing off to others about how much they are offended by the criticism of such blasphemy.
Not sure how "The Papal claim that......" has anything to do with the FACT of what Jesus said, Paul said, Ignatius said and what the early Christians wrote/practiced about the Eucharist. Your OPINION is completely opposite of all of them. Ignatius put that heretical opinion to rest over 1900 years ago. I trust them! I believe scripture!

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Marcus O'Reillius said:
You believe you know what they mean. You believe what you think is true. I don't accept your opinion, and I am not eating the flesh of Jesus when I eat the Bread of Salvation. It's bread; not human flesh.
Sounds like you agree with the Catholic Church. They don't believe that it is human flesh either. (a little research by you would reveal that fact) Maybe you are more Catholic than you think you are?

I have never stated my opinion. Only facts.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Sounds like you agree with the Catholic Church. They don't believe that it is human flesh either. (a little research by you would reveal that fact) Maybe you are more Catholic than you think you are?

I have never stated my opinion. Only facts.
This is crazy talk... Obviously from your specious charge you don't know about the RCC's doctrine of transubstantiation in which while the bread and wine don't change, they do become the (spiritual) body and blood of Christ.

If you eat human flesh and drink human blood, you're not a Protestant: you're a cannibal.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Those scriptures say that God will bring back the Jews into their land. Is Israel desolate right now, or is it thriving?
The Jews WERE brought back to their land - after the Babylonian captivity, by order of Artaxerxes in 457 B.C. They were also scattered again in 70 A.D. and replaced by "the Israel of God" - the church. The church is "the Israel of God" and OT prophecies that refer to "Israel" which are not yet fulfilled are intended to apply to "the Israel of God" - the church. The Day of Atonement was fulfilled in 1844, and when Jesus is finished His work of cleansing the Heavenly Sanctuary, He will take of His High Priestly robes and put on His kingly robes and return for the saints, both the dead and the living, and leave the Earth in a 1,000 years of darkness and Satan alone with his demons.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Not sure how "The Papal claim that......" has anything to do with the FACT of what Jesus said, Paul said, Ignatius said and what the early Christians wrote/practiced about the Eucharist. Your OPINION is completely opposite of all of them. Ignatius put that heretical opinion to rest over 1900 years ago. I trust them! I believe scripture!
Brother, Jesus said we are sheep and Paul said we are lively stones, so I'll get a bunch of us together to build a wall and you can jump over us and we'll convert every insomniac on the planet. Unless, of course, Jesus and Paul were using symbolism, that it.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
The Jews WERE brought back to their land - after the Babylonian captivity, by order of Artaxerxes in 457 B.C. They were also scattered again in 70 A.D. and replaced by "the Israel of God" - the church. The church is "the Israel of God" and OT prophecies that refer to "Israel" which are not yet fulfilled are intended to apply to "the Israel of God" - the church. The Day of Atonement was fulfilled in 1844, and when Jesus is finished His work of cleansing the Heavenly Sanctuary, He will take of His High Priestly robes and put on His kingly robes and return for the saints, both the dead and the living, and leave the Earth in a 1,000 years of darkness and Satan alone with his demons.
What are your thoughts on Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 after 1900 years of exile, and then taking back Jerusalem in 1967.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That's understandable. Why search for truth when we can follow church tradition.
That's a relief, :rolleyes: I didn't know that my thoughts fit into church tradition!

The restrainer is Michael the angel at the abomination of desolation. The word "arise" in Dan 12:1 is translated "amad" and can also mean to...
I see you have some thoughts as well...that's nice!

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Marcus O'Reillius said:
This is crazy talk... Obviously from your specious charge you don't know about the RCC's doctrine of transubstantiation in which while the bread and wine don't change, they do become the (spiritual) body and blood of Christ.
I think we are agreeing here! According to you, me and the Catholic Church "the bread and wine don't change" because it stays bread and wine. I think we agree it becomes "the spiritual body and blood of Christ" since He was both human and God he has two bodies.

You agree with the Catholic Church that it doesn't become human flesh/blood. Are you saying that YOU don't think it becomes his spiritual flesh/blood either?

tom55

Sep 9, 2013
Phoneman777 said:
Brother, Jesus said we are sheep and Paul said we are lively stones, so I'll get a bunch of us together to build a wall and you can jump over us and we'll convert every insomniac on the planet. Unless, of course, Jesus and Paul were using symbolism, that it.
In your opinion Jesus and Paul were using symbolism HOWEVER Ignatius, a student of the Apostle John, didn't? The writers of the Didache who were probably alive when Jesus was alive and were alive when the Apostles preached on this earth took it literal; not as a symbol?

But you, Phoneman, 2000 years later know better than they do? You have the TRUTH but they didn't? Based on these historical facts how can I take your statement serious?

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Isa 30:19-26 NIV People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” 22Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!” 23He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows. 24The oxen and donkeys that work the soil will eat fodder and mash, spread out with fork and shovel. 25In the day of great slaughter, when the towers fall, streams of water will flow on every high mountain and every lofty hill. 26The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
What are your thoughts on Israel becoming a nation again in 1948 after 1900 years of exile, and then taking back Jerusalem in 1967.
You know that there is not one instance in the Bible where God gathered an unrepentant Israel back to the land after He'd scattered them for apostasy. What makes us think that our UNCHANGING GOD would all of a sudden decide to turn a blind eye to the greatest sin Israel could ever commit - the rejection of His Messiah?

It was not God, but political and Papal intrigue that brought about the events of 1948, just like it was not God who caused the retreat of 66 A.D., yet the people triumphantly claimed God was with them, but the cheering soon stopped four years later when the crucifixes began to dot the landscape and grew so numerous that one could hardly walk between them. It is the same today, except the cheering section is Christianity.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
You know that there is not one instance in the Bible where God gathered an unrepentant Israel back to the land after He'd scattered them for apostasy.
Incorrect.

Isa 30:19-26 NIV People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” 22Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!”

Ezek 16:59-63 NIV “ ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will deal with you as you deserve, because you have despised my oath by breaking the covenant. 60 Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed when you receive your sisters, both those who are older than you and those who are younger. I will give them to you as daughters, but not on the basis of my covenant with you. 62 So I will establish my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the LORD. 63 Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation, declares the Sovereign LORD.’ ”

Ezek 36:33 NIV “ ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt.

Ezek 37:23 NIV They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

Zech 10:6-12 NIV “I will strengthen Judah and save the tribes of Joseph. I will restore them because I have compassion on them. They will be as though I had not rejected them, for I am the LORD their God and I will answer them.

Rom 11:30-31 NIV Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you.

Phoneman777 said:
What makes us think that our UNCHANGING GOD would all of a sudden decide to turn a blind eye to the greatest sin Israel could ever commit - the rejection of His Messiah?
God doesn't save the Jews so as for them to remain in sin. Repentance will be the result because God will have mercy and compassion on them. If God chose not to have mercy and compassion on sinners and nonbelievers, nobody would be saved and nobody would repent Phone.

John 6:44 NIV "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Isa 14:1-2 NIV The Lord will have compassion on Jacob; once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land. Foreigners will join them and unite with the descendants of Jacob. 2Nations will take them and bring them to their own place. And Israel will take possession of the nations and make them male and female servants in the Lord’s land. They will make captives of their captors and rule over their oppressors.

Zech 10:6-12 NIV “I will strengthen Judah and save the tribes of Joseph. I will restore them because I have compassion on them. They will be as though I had not rejected them, for I am the LORD their God and I will answer them.

Rom 11:31 NIV so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you.

Phoneman777 said:
It was not God, but political and Papal intrigue that brought about the events of 1948, just like it was not God who caused the retreat of 66 A.D., yet the people triumphantly claimed God was with them, but the cheering soon stopped four years later when the crucifixes began to dot the landscape and grew so numerous that one could hardly walk between them. It is the same today, except the cheering section is Christianity.
It was God Phone. Prophecy was fulfilled in those two wars. Israel is the Promised Land, and it is God's to defend.

Zech 8:23 NIV This is what the Lord Almighty says: “In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.’ ”

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATP said:
Incorrect.

Isa 30:19-26 NIV People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. 20Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” 22Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!”

Ezek 16:59-63 NIV “ ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I will deal with you as you deserve, because you have despised my oath by breaking the covenant. 60 Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. 61 Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed when you receive your sisters, both those who are older than you and those who are younger. I will give them to you as daughters, but not on the basis of my covenant with you. 62 So I will establish my covenant with you, and you will know that I am the LORD. 63 Then, when I make atonement for you for all you have done, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth because of your humiliation, declares the Sovereign LORD.’ ”

Ezek 36:33 NIV “ ‘This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt.

Ezek 37:23 NIV They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

Rom 11:30-31 NIV Just as you who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you. 31so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you.

God doesn't save the Jews so as for them to remain in sin. Repentance will be the result because God will have mercy and compassion on them. If God chose not to have mercy and compassion on sinners and nonbelievers, nobody would be saved and nobody would repent Phone.

John 6:44 NIV "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Isa 14:1-2 NIV The Lord will have compassion on Jacob; once again he will choose Israel and will settle them in their own land. Foreigners will join them and unite with the descendants of Jacob. 2Nations will take them and bring them to their own place. And Israel will take possession of the nations and make them male and female servants in the Lord’s land. They will make captives of their captors and rule over their oppressors.

Rom 11:31 NIV so they too have now become disobedient in order that they too may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you.

It was God Phone. Prophecy was fulfilled in those two wars. Israel is the Promised Land, and it is God's to defend.

Zech 8:23 NIV This is what the Lord Almighty says: “In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.’ ”
ATP, only if Israel humbles itself, seeks God's face with their whole heart, and prays, does He promise to gather them back to the land. You know that. And until I pointed out to you that Israel had not repented of killing Jesus and therefore was not gathered by God, you believed it. Now, you are scratching for any verse that you think will justify changing your position to now claim that God will gather Israel no matter what Israel does. None of those verses prove any of that. They speak of Israel's "cry" and "shame", which denotes sorrow and repentance. Your Cognitive Dissonance has kicked in overdrive. LOL It must be so tiresome to be a OSAS Jesuit Futurist.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Phoneman777 said:
LOL It must be so tiresome to be a OSAS Jesuit Futurist.
Most people would have given up you Phone, and probably a lot have. Maybe I'm naive to think you can change.

Isa 45:17 NIV But Israel will be saved by the LORD with an everlasting salvation; you will never be put to shame or disgraced, to ages everlasting.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The prophetic verses quoted by ATP in #415 are still future. They apply to righteous Israel, all who truly believe in God and keep His Commandments.
Who is in the holy Land at present are just Jews and Arabs, etc, They fulfil Jesus' prophecy of the fig tree budding.
Only after the Day of the Lord's wrath, as you quoted in Isaiah 30:26-28: a Day of extreme heat, storms, earthquakes and darkness, will the Lord's people gather and go to live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 66:15-21.

Re Who is the Restrainer: Basically it is God Himself.
But God will allow some of His people to be delivered into the power of the Anti-Christ for the last 3.5 years before the Return. Daniel 7:25, Rev 13:7 But those who refused to accede to a treaty of peace with the Leader of the OWG, will be kept in a safe place on earth. Rev 12:6

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
The prophetic verses quoted by ATP in #415 are still future. They apply to righteous Israel, all who truly believe in God and keep His Commandments.
Hi keras. It's been a while since we've spoken. The Jewish people are not the church. It's pretty clear that scripture is speaking of Israel geographically...

Isa 19:23-25 NIV In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. 24In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. 25The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”

Isa 30:19-26 NIV People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you.

Amos 9:14-15 NIV and I will bring my people Israel back from exile. “They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. 15I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,”

Micah 7:11-12 NIV The day for building your walls will come, the day for extending your boundaries. 12In that day people will come to you from Assyria and the cities of Egypt, even from Egypt to the Euphrates and from sea to sea and from mountain to mountain.

Zech 10:6 NIV “I will strengthen Judah and save the tribes of Joseph. I will restore them because I have compassion on them. They will be as though I had not rejected them, for I am the LORD their God and I will answer them.

Zech 8:7-8 NIV This is what the Lord Almighty says: “I will save my people from the countries of the east and the west. 8I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem; they will be my people, and I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God.”

Rom 11:25-31 NIV I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, 26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. 27 And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” 28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable. 30 Just as you (Gentiles) who were at one time disobedient to God have now received mercy as a result of their disobedience, 31 so they too (Israel) have now become disobedient in order that they too (Israel) may now receive mercy as a result of God’s mercy to you.

- ATP

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
keras said:
Re Who is the Restrainer: Basically it is God Himself.
But God will allow some of His people to be delivered into the power of the Anti-Christ for the last 3.5 years before the Return. Daniel 7:25, Rev 13:7 But those who refused to accede to a treaty of peace with the Leader of the OWG, will be kept in a safe place on earth. Rev 12:6
The restrainer is Michael the angel at the abomination of desolation. The word "arise" in Dan 12:1 is translated "amad" and can also mean to...

1. stand still, stop, cease moving, of moon Joshua 10:13 (J E; "" וַיִּדֹּם), sun Joshua 10:13, both, Habakkuk 3:11; of person 1 Samuel 9:27 (opposed to עָבַר), 2 Samuel 2:28 (opposed to רָדַף), עִמְדוּ עֲמֹ֫דוּ Nahum 2:9 +; stop flowing (of oil) 2 Kings 4:6; remain standing, with תַּחְתֵּינוּ Judges 7:21; 1 Samuel 14:9 etc.; of eruption in skin = remain unchanged Leviticus 13:23,28; so (without ׳ת) Leviticus 13:5,37 (all P).
2. be inactive 2 Chronicles 20:17 (opposed to לְהִלָּחֵם, + הִתְיַצְּבוּ).
3. stop, cease doing a thing 2 Kings 13:18; with מִן Genesis 29:35; Genesis 30:9 (both J), Joel 1:15.
4. tarry, delay Genesis 45:9 (E), Joshua 10:19 (J E; opposed to רָדַף), 1 Samuel 20:38 (opposed to מְהֵרָה, חוּשָׁה), +.
5. stand afar מֵרָחוֺק Exodus 20:18,21 (E), Isaiah 59:14; Psalm 38:12, ׳בְּר Psalm 10:1; ׳מִנֶּגֶד מֵר 2 Kings 2:7; stand aloof, מִנֶֹּגֶד Obadiah 11; Psalm 38:12.
6. stand (silent) Job 32:16.
7. grow flat, insipid (Gie), taste of wine Jeremiah 48:11 (figurative of Moab), or remain unchanged (so most, in that case compare 3b). — עָמְדִי Daniel 11:1b is corrupt, read probably עָמַדְתִּי, or עָמַד (מִיכָאֵל subject), join then to Daniel 10:21 and strike out Daniel 11:1a; so Bev Behrm MartiKau.

Why does Michael stop moving? So God can send them a strong delusion 2 Thess 2:10-12 NIV. It is clear that there are angelic powers over world empires and leaders and nobody is going to come to power in the land of Israel if the angel of Israel (Michael) prevents them.

Dan 12:1 NIV “At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.

2 Thess 2:6-12 NIV And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 10 and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Rev 12:6-12 NIV The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. 7 And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. 9 The great dragon was hurled down--that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down. 11 They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death. 12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

- ATP