Who Is The "Root" We're Grafted Into?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being called and elected by God requires us to do one of two things: answer His call or neglect and despise it.

You may be at an impasse, but I am not.
God does not over rule or over run our free will of being, just because He "chooses".
He can only choose those who are willing to walk in Him and with Him.
Esau was unwilling, whereas Jacob was eagerly willing!
To which I continue to reply that Paul was specific, God's choosing between Jacob and Esau was not about what they would or would not do.

Romans 9:10-13 KJV
10) And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
11) (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)
12) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13) As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please compare that with Matthew 7:22, and listen to those who shall be doing the complaining, of not being accepted by God, though they were "church-goers" and participants all their lives.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
It's not that their "works" were not honorable, it's simply the fact that God never knew them.
Matthew. 22[14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

They call their works "wonderful", but Jesus calls their work "iniquity".

They were workers of iniquity, and they added to their list of sins the lie, ". . . done many wonderful works". Wonderful to whom?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you physically born into this world already believing in Jesus as your Savior, from day one??
No, you weren't. No one is!
So, what was it that caused you to believe in Jesus? What did you hear or see, that led you to Him?
That God chose Jacob and not Esau does not mean that God chooses everyone for everything.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think so. Jacob didn't hear a call. He and his mother conspired to steal the birthright.
Ever wonder why such a misconstrued plan would work so well?

Goat skins tied to Jacob's hands to fool his father? Really??

But God had already determined that Jacob would supplant Esau.

Much love!