Who Is The "Root" We're Grafted Into?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is still going to keep His Word to Israel.

I'm curious, whether you think it to be the case or not, can your imagine a circumstance where both passages remain true?

Branches can be grafted back in, right?

Much love!
Branches who believed not were cast out and your right they can be grafted back in , BY FAITH IN JESUS ALONE .
See there is hope . IF a jew comes to JESUS of course He is grafted back into the Tree .
Guess what else , IF a believer continues not in GOD , in CHRIST , in the goodness of GOD , he too will be cast out .
I REALLY like that reminder you gave from romans .
I MEAN after all its ONLY ONE TREE . JESUS IS THE TREE and those who BELIEVE IN HIM are the branches .
SO let us behold both the goodness OF and SEVERITY OF GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you thinking this nullified God's covenant with Abraham? I don't.

Abraham showed his faith in God, but that doesn't mean that God promised in vain.

Much love!
God , HIS conventant with abraham , POINTED TO ONE NAME , TO ONE SEED ALONE . CHRIST JESUS .
THAT IS THE PROMISE . They all knew it was .
THUS , if we want jews saved , PREACH JESUS to them , cause they just like the gentile have NO HOPE or no salvation
LEST THEY DO BELIEVE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you physically born into this world already believing in Jesus as your Savior, from day one??
No, you weren't. No one is!
So, what was it that caused you to believe in Jesus? What did you hear or see, that led you to Him?
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the WORD of GOD . So preach that word .
And yeah , it was GOD alone that drew me to Christ . But let us preach the WORD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting question.

The branches must be the Jewish people, and now the Gentiles (that were grafted in).

This would make the root either God Father and His plan for the world coming to know Him through the Hebrews/Israelites/Jews
OR
Maybe the promise that God made to Abraham -- which might be the same since in either case it would refer back to God Father and His promise to include all in His salvation economy.

(will read through when I have more time....)

Hey there, God's Grace! Nice seeing you again. :)

I consented that I thought Backlit's argument early on was probably the correct one. He cited a verse from the same book that refers to Christ as the root of Jesse, so I'm now inclined to think that's the correct interpretation based on the overall context of Romans.

But let me know if you find another case with scriptural support.

God bless, and always nice to see you!
- H

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hey there, God's Grace! Nice seeing you again. :)

I consented that I thought Backlit's argument early on was probably the correct one. He cited a verse from the same book that refers to Christ as the root of Jesse, so I'm now inclined to think that's the correct interpretation based on the overall context of Romans.

But let me know if you find another case with scriptural support.

God bless, and always nice to see you!
- H
Ditto H.
Will check it out but tomorrow...
Late here.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you physically born into this world already believing in Jesus as your Savior, from day one??
No, you weren't. No one is!
So, what was it that caused you to believe in Jesus? What did you hear or see, that led you to Him?
It isn't so much a matter of what I heard and saw as it is a matter of what happened to me on the inside, when God opened my eyes and softened my heart.

Let's come to grips with what God says to Israel through the prophets, who gave his people hope for the future.

Ezekiel 36:26-28
Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. You will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be your God.

Paul warned us Gentiles (including me) about being arrogant toward the branches that were broken off the tree. Apparently he understood the temptation we might face in light of the fact that God was pouring out his spirit on Gentiles, while not pouring it out on the nation of Israel as a whole as Ezekiel predicted.

The question we must eventually face is this? Why us and not the other guy? We might conclude that there is something special about us, that God should treat us this way. But this isn't true. We know from Jesus' teaching that all men are sinners; and we are just like other men. So why us? It was God's choice according to his purpose.

We didn't come to faith because we were smart, intelligent, cleaver, or even pliable and willing. We came to faith because God gave us a new heart and put a new spirit within us. Sure, we can claim to have believed Jesus of our own free will. But really? It was God who gave us a new spirit and a new heart. The fact that we chose to believe in Jesus is not unexpected or noteworthy, having been miraculously transformed on the inside. Being saved isn't the result of making the right choices; making the right choices is the result of being saved.

God didn't look down through time to see Jacob doing something commendable, and because he liked what he saw, he decided to bless Jacob. On the contrary, the boy's name is "Jacob" which literally means "supplanter", the one who stole the birthright away from his brother through deceit and manipulation. This was not someone to reward for his good behavior.

Jacob didn't become "Israel" early in life. It took many years of suffering and challenges to make Jacob the man he was. This is a man who worked fourteen years to marry the woman he loved, and when she gave him a son she died in childbirth. This the man who wrestled with God; this is the man who split his company into two parts in case Esau decided to attack him. This is the man who raised sons who attempted to murder their own brother. This is the man who suffered a famine and a loss of a son, and the joy of finding him alive. Apparently, God put a new spirit and a new heart into Jacob sometime during his life, because eventually God changed his name from "supplanter" to "God fights" i.e "Israel."

Jacob fought with God and man his whole life up to that point. But in the end, the result of fighting with God was a crippling injury. From that moment forward, he was compelled to rely on both man and God to live. We are not saved because of the choices we make; we are saved in spite of the choices we make.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you miscontruing the meaning of what Paul spoke in Romans 9:11...that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth.
I don't think so.

Consider the flow of Paul's argument and why he raise the subject in the first place. Before that, let's consider the concept of justice and injustice. In general, we can define justice as "rewarding the good and punishing the evil." And broadly, we reward excellence wherever we find it. We give the gold metal to the Olympian who won the race; We give the trophy to the basketball team that won the championship game; We give the silver star to the commendable soldier. Mother breaks the cookie in half so that each child might have some. A more skillful golfer plays with a smaller handicap so that less skilled golfers can compete.

We all recognize the goodness of fairness and justice. People ought to be rewarded for good behavior and punished for bad behavior. And we also recognize that goodness requires impartiality and fairness.

In light of this, we would always expect God to treat people fairly, not subject to partiality, and always reward the good and punish the evil. And this is true of God for the most part. But, and this is most important, when we examine God's role as creator, we realize and discover certain antecedent principles at play. When we consider the nature of God, before we consider justice and righteousness, we must orient ourselves to our relationship to God; we are his creation and he is the creator. We must take stock of our own standpoint in time and creation; our existence depends on his creative act.

Thus, Paul argues, that God's will is antecedent to the boys' will. Or in other words, we picture it this way. God decides to tell the story of two brothers, one that will supplant the other. He decides in advance that when the time comes, he will bless Jacob and work in opposition to Esau. And all of this was decided before the two boys came into existence. God as creator is proactive, deciding history in advance, creating people and events in such a way as to demonstrate his glory and his power. Will God be fair to the boys; will God be just? Yes, but God's justice and righteousness are subsequent to his creative decisions.

Now let's look at the text.

8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.
Remember, Paul is attempting to answer the question "has the word of God failed?" And what word is that? God's promise that one day, "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jeremiah 31:34 And the question is, why isn't God fulfilling his promise during Paul's time? When God finally keeps his promise to Israel, everyone in Israel will believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. But during Paul's time, only a small number among Israel were believing.

for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad,
Paul begins his argument with an observation from Israel's history, and from this observation he draws a distinction between Israel at large and "the children of promise." Not all of Israel are children of promise, he argues. Not all those born of Abraham were children of promise; only Isaac was a child of promise. Not all those born of Isaac were children of promise. Only Jacob was a child of promise. And whether or not any particular individual is a child of promise is predicated on design decisions God makes while he creates the world.

What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be!
The question of God's justice or lack thereof follows from Paul's assertion that God's treatment of Jacob and Esau was not predicated on their behavior. Jacob didn't do anything to deserve God's love; and Esau didn't do anything to deserve God's hate. God's decision to love Jacob and hate Esau came well before the two boys were born. So how is that fair?

On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God?
Some people read this as a rebuke, but this is not a rebuke. This is a philosophical question. Paul is asking his readers to consider and ponder the essential fact of our existence: we are a created thing from God's standpoint. Who am I? I am like a pot in the hands of a potter, who is molding and creating me all the time of my life. What I will become in his hands, only God knows for sure. The point is, before we can answer the question of God's justice, we must come to terms with his role as creator. God alone is responsible for the fact that we have both vessels of honor and vessels of wrath. He creates vessels of mercy in order to demonstrate his mercy, but he also creates vessels of wrath on whom to demonstrate his justice.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think so.

Consider the flow of Paul's argument and why he raise the subject in the first place. Before that, let's consider the concept of justice and injustice. In general, we can define justice as "rewarding the good and punishing the evil." And broadly, we reward excellence wherever we find it. We give the gold metal to the Olympian who won the race; We give the trophy to the basketball team that won the championship game; We give the silver star to the commendable soldier. Mother breaks the cookie in half so that each child might have some. A more skillful golfer plays with a smaller handicap so that less skilled golfers can compete.

We all recognize the goodness of fairness and justice. People ought to be rewarded for good behavior and punished for bad behavior. And we also recognize that goodness requires impartiality and fairness.

In light of this, we would always expect God to treat people fairly, not subject to partiality, and always reward the good and punish the evil. And this is true of God for the most part. But, and this is most important, when we examine God's role as creator, we realize and discover certain antecedent principles at play. When we consider the nature of God, before we consider justice and righteousness, we must orient ourselves to our relationship to God; we are his creation and he is the creator. We must take stock of our own standpoint in time and creation; our existence depends on his creative act.

Thus, Paul argues, that God's will is antecedent to the boys' will. Or in other words, we picture it this way. God decides to tell the story of two brothers, one that will supplant the other. He decides in advance that when the time comes, he will bless Jacob and work in opposition to Esau. And all of this was decided before the two boys came into existence. God as creator is proactive, deciding history in advance, creating people and events in such a way as to demonstrate his glory and his power. Will God be fair to the boys; will God be just? Yes, but God's justice and righteousness are subsequent to his creative decisions.

Now let's look at the text.

8 That is, it is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants.
Remember, Paul is attempting to answer the question "has the word of God failed?" And what word is that? God's promise that one day, "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the Lord, “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.” Jeremiah 31:34 And the question is, why isn't God fulfilling his promise during Paul's time? When God finally keeps his promise to Israel, everyone in Israel will believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. But during Paul's time, only a small number among Israel were believing.

for though the twins were not yet born and had not done anything good or bad,
Paul begins his argument with an observation from Israel's history, and from this observation he draws a distinction between Israel at large and "the children of promise." Not all of Israel are children of promise, he argues. Not all those born of Abraham were children of promise; only Isaac was a child of promise. Not all those born of Isaac were children of promise. Only Jacob was a child of promise. And whether or not any particular individual is a child of promise is predicated on design decisions God makes while he creates the world.

What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be!
The question of God's justice or lack thereof follows from Paul's assertion that God's treatment of Jacob and Esau was not predicated on their behavior. Jacob didn't do anything to deserve God's love; and Esau didn't do anything to deserve God's hate. God's decision to love Jacob and hate Esau came well before the two boys were born. So how is that fair?

On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God?
Some people read this as a rebuke, but this is not a rebuke. This is a philosophical question. Paul is asking his readers to consider and ponder the essential fact of our existence: we are a created thing from God's standpoint. Who am I? I am like a pot in the hands of a potter, who is molding and creating me all the time of my life. What I will become in his hands, only God knows for sure. The point is, before we can answer the question of God's justice, we must come to terms with his role as creator. God alone is responsible for the fact that we have both vessels of honor and vessels of wrath. He creates vessels of mercy in order to demonstrate his mercy, but he also creates vessels of wrath on whom to demonstrate his justice.
For all of your words to me, i do appreciate it. Thanks. It gives me a good understanding of your stand, and it helps to address my stand, of which I hope to keep simple and short.
Why was Jesus slain as "the Lamb of God" BEFORE the foundation of the world.
Iows, what did God the Father and God the Son know in advance about the up coming situation of Adam and Eve, that THEY should be prepared for it in advance?

As for prophecy, the book of Daniel being a good example of it, God gives to Daniel His knowledge of events that are to come to pass upto the first appearance of His Son, the Messiah.

And then we have Jesus Himself foretelling future events to come, and then invites His born again saints to enjoin Him, through His Holy Spirit (which was the "Promise" that did come), so that they may know also "of things to come". John 3:18.

God has foreknowledge, yet you are attempting to reveal that He doesn't.
God operates with our free will, and has set in motion His plans to work, and be manifested in the midst of it.

Reactions: Cassandra

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For all of your words to me, i do appreciate it. Thanks. It gives me a good understanding of your stand, and it helps to address my stand, of which I hope to keep simple and short.
Why was Jesus slain as "the Lamb of God" BEFORE the foundation of the world.
Iows, what did God the Father and God the Son know in advance about the up coming situation of Adam and Eve, that THEY should be prepared for it in advance?

As for prophecy, the book of Daniel being a good example of it, God gives to Daniel His knowledge of events that are to come to pass upto the first appearance of His Son, the Messiah.

And then we have Jesus Himself foretelling future events to come, and then invites His born again saints to enjoin Him, through His Holy Spirit (which was the "Promise" that did come), so that they may know also "of things to come". John 3:18.

God has foreknowledge, yet you are attempting to reveal that He doesn't.
God operates with our free will, and has set in motion His plans to work, and be manifested in the midst of it.
In the spirit of keeping it short and simple, you and I have two completely different conceptions of God. In order to preserve your concept of free will, you have limited God to his foreknowledge. In my view, not only does God know the future, he creates it.

Since you want me to keep this short, I encourage you to take a look at the the prophet Isaiah and especially God's word to Israel concerning Idol worship. Review Isaiah chapter 48 where God sets himself apart from the idols. In that chapter, not only does God claim to know the future, he claims to have orchestrated the future himself. Whatever happens, takes place because HE created it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It isn't so much a matter of what I heard and saw as it is a matter of what happened to me on the inside, when God opened my eyes and softened my heart.
Just as I thought, you were "called" by Him and then you answered Him, willing to follow Him.
Romans 9:11...that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth.
Iows, your election is a reality to you, because you KNOW that He called you to Himself. You agreed and then followed. Its called entering into a "covenant relationship" with the Lord by His will and your will.
From there, you also agreed that your will would spiritually die, and He would then direct His will in you and through you for His purposes.
Romans 12[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the spirit of keeping it short and simple, you and I have two completely different conceptions of God. In order to preserve your concept of free will, you have limited God to his foreknowledge. In my view, not only does God know the future, he creates it.

Since you want me to keep this short, I encourage you to take a look at the the prophet Isaiah and especially God's word to Israel concerning Idol worship. Review Isaiah chapter 48 where God sets himself apart from the idols. In that chapter, not only does God claim to know the future, he claims to have orchestrated the future himself. Whatever happens, takes place because HE created it.
No, His prophetic words/visions do not create the future of everyone's individual life. God's prophecies of that time, were only for Israel's benefit/well being, and they were to heed His foreknowlege, that He declared to them, so that they might be ready for when they were fulfilled.

[Words in brackets] are my insertions of understanding:
Isaiah 48[3] I have declared [told] the former [past] things from the beginning [before they come to pass] ; and they [my prophecies] went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them [to thee];
I did them suddenly [as I had previously declared them], and they came to pass.
[4] Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;
[5] I have even from the beginning [in the past] declared it to thee; [that] before it came to pass I shewed it [my prophecies to] thee:

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, His prophetic words/visions do not create the future of everyone's individual life. God's prophecies of that time, were only for Israel's benefit/well being, and they were to heed His foreknowlege, that He declared to them, so that they might be ready for when they were fulfilled.

[Words in brackets] are my insertions of understanding:
Isaiah 48[3] I have declared [told] the former [past] things from the beginning [before they come to pass] ; and they [my prophecies] went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them [to thee];
I did them suddenly [as I had previously declared them], and they came to pass.
[4] Because I knew that thou art obstinate, and thy neck is an iron sinew, and thy brow brass;
[5] I have even from the beginning [in the past] declared it to thee; [that] before it came to pass I shewed it [my prophecies to] thee:
I understand Isaiah differently. Did you notice what God said as to why he told them the future? Not so that they might be ready for when they were fulfilled.

Therefore I declared them to you long ago,
Before they took place I proclaimed them to you,
So that you would not say, ‘My idol has done them,
And my graven image and my molten image have commanded them.’

The central issue here is the question, "who is the real God?" Israel is worshipping idols, thinking that a real god exists behind that idol. And her false gods will give Israel good crops, lots of children, and protection from enemies. Throughout Isaiah, God argues that the gods Israel worship are gods of their own imagination. The idols they build are made by their own hand.

In order to understand this argument one needs to know the role of a god. When the Lord claims that he will be a "god" to Israel, he is claiming that he has the power and the will to bless them in material ways. He has already proven, by his action, the ability and willingness to bring about a good harvest; he has the ability to bring forth children where it looked impossible; and he has the ability to keep enemies from attacking. But although he did all of this for them, they give idols the credit.

Not only is the Lord teaching Israel the concept of a monotheistic God; he is teaching them the concept of a transcendent creator God. The Lord is much more than a strong powerful entity with the ability to manipulate nature and bend it to his will. He is the creator, who brings things into existence that didn't exist before. (John 1:3) The Lord highlights this fact in verses 6 and 7.

6“You have heard; look at all this.
And you, will you not declare it?
I proclaim to you new things from this time,
Even hidden things which you have not known.
7 “They are created now and not long ago;
And before today you have not heard them,
So that you will not say, ‘Behold, I knew them.’

The Lord asserts that he creates things as they happen. He creates things now, not long ago. That is, The Lord is not predicting the future as seer might. When the Lord declares something in advance, he telling Israel what he will create in the future. Let me repeat that. The Lord's foreknowledge contains his plans for what he intends to create in the future. God's foreknowledge is NOT seeing what will happen in the future. God's foreknowledge is declaring what he will create in the future.

Why does God declare that he creates things as they happen? So that no seer or fortune teller can ever say that they knew about it in advance. The Lord tells Israel that he will bring about events suddenly and without warning so that no one can say, "behold, I knew them." But in order for God to suddenly create an event, he has to create a thousand different things all at the same time. Some of the fortunate among us have witnessed this first hand. Sometimes the seemly impossible takes place, after a series of unlikely "lucky events" take place, one after the other.

In his epistle to the Hebrews, Paul asserts that God orchestrates history. Hebrews 1:1-2 "God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world." The Greek word for "world" in this context is τοὺς αἰῶνας "the ages." In other words, "history." God created every historical event that led up to the birth of Jesus Christ, his ministry, his death on the cross, his being raised from the dead, and his ascension to the right hand of the father. God created everything that exists, including every historical event.

God's foreknowledge isn't his ability to foresee or forecast the future; his foreknowledge is a declaration of what he intends to create in the future.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as I thought, you were "called" by Him and then you answered Him, willing to follow Him.
Romans 9:11...that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth.
Iows, your election is a reality to you, because you KNOW that He called you to Himself. You agreed and then followed. Its called entering into a "covenant relationship" with the Lord by His will and your will.
From there, you also agreed that your will would spiritually die, and He would then direct His will in you and through you for His purposes.
Romans 12[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
You seem to be missing the point, a profound issue related to the topic at hand. I am compelled to bring us back to the topic and repeat what God told Israel in Ezekiel 36.

Yes, I was willing to follow him. But WHY was I willing to follow him? Paul is trying to get you to see that our willingness to believe is predicated on the miracle of faith, which God brings about in the heart of a person prior to their willingness to believe. Did I make a free will choice? Yes.

But let's examine that in a bit more detail. Consider the miracle of turning water into wine. Imagine the waiter's reaction to his discovery that containers which formerly contained water suddenly contain wine. The servants drew the water and watched it turn to wine. What was formerly water became wine, suddenly and in an instant.

The same is true of the miracle of faith. The miracle of turning an unbeliever into a believer happens suddenly and in an instant. One moment a person is stubborn, hard hearted, and given over to unbelief; the next instant the same person is a believer, open to instruction, willing to listen, humble, meek, contrite, and poor in spirit. It's like God flipped a switch. The person who continually made free will choices to reject God and rebel against him, suddenly begins to make free will choices to trust in his promises, believe his word, and fear his holy name. In both cases, the person was acting according to his own free will.

Consider another miracle related to the topic.

Galatians 1:22-24
I was still unknown by sight to the churches of Judea which were in Christ; but only, they kept hearing, “He who once persecuted us is now preaching the faith which he once tried to destroy.” And they were glorifying God because of me.

Jesus knocked Paul off his horse. He blinded Paul with scales on his eyes. And sent him to live with Ananias. After three days, the one who formerly persecuted those of faith, became a believer himself. He got up to preach the faith he once tried to destroy. The man who freely chose to persecute the church, after three days, became the man who freely chose to preach the gospel.

Now, the question Paul is attempting to answer in Romans chapter 9 through 11 is this: why didn't God perform the miracle of faith on every person in Israel? The answer is NOT hardened and stubborn hearts. The miracle of faith is a "miracle" precisely because EVERYONE begins life with a hardened and stubborn heart. Romans 3:11

The only plausible explanation for why some folks experience the miracle of faith while others don't is the purposes of God. When a person comes to faith, we know from New Testament teaching, a person comes to saving faith according to the plan, intent, design, purpose of God. There is nothing too large or too small for God to do. If he wanted every person in Israel to become a believer he could have performed the same miracle on them as he did on Paul. This is the profound issue that Paul is attempting to address.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13757627475_cd8b315e94_z.jpg

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The foreknowlege of God is the plan of His salvation through His Son. That is what He is creating/manifesting in the midst of man's stubborness of FREE will.
Nothing and no one else is foreordained before or from the foundation of this world of His Creation.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The foreknowlege of God is the plan of His salvation through His Son. That is what He is creating/manifesting in the midst of man's stubborness of FREE will.
Nothing and no one else is foreordained before or from the foundation of this world of His Creation.
Are you making a philosophical argument because apparently you were unconvinced by a Biblical argument. Just wondering.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who Is The "Root" We're Grafted Into?
^ OP

I would say in brief:
1) the ROOT is the Word of God, ie God said call His Word JESUS.
2) the ROOTING IN, is accomplished BY the Power of God, ie God said call His Power Christ.
3) the One being “ROOTED IN”, ie IS called Branches.
4) the One being Notified, THEY CAN BECOME “Rooted IN”, ie ARE “Jews and Gentiles”.

Jews? Are they not of the “original” branches “established” BY GOD?
Notably, Forefathers, their common blood-line, specific Tribesmen were ALL offsprings of the Historical Hebrews...”the Branches”...
SOME continued in Godly Faith, SOME began to follow “other gods”.
When they “slipped away”...as Branches, they withered and died, and their “off-spring” became lost to God.

Grafting in, is for any man, Jew or Gentile, Parents IN faith or not, any Individual NOT having had a Life believing in God, Committed to God, believing IN Gods Word, Committed to Gods Word...BUT THAT individual himself, regardless of his “background” is offered and can become by his own “volition” according to Gods WAY....grafted IN, to the Root (Gods Word) and Become MADE “saved, born again, quickened”....BY the Power of God, Christ, who IS the SEED of God, who IS THE SEED of the Root.

Glory to God,
Taken