Who is the Whore of babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, cannibalism.

noun
can·ni·bal·ism | \ -bə-ˌliz-əm \
Medical Definition of cannibalism
1 : the usually ritualistic eating of human flesh by a human being
2 : the eating of the flesh or the eggs of any animal by its own kind
3 : the pecking and tearing of the live flesh of its own members in a domestic poultry flock — compare pecking order
4 : oral sadism
p, cannibalism. The body of Christ on the cross was assuredly human.
Wow....not only do you add words to scripture that are not there....You add words to the dictionary that are not there....How dishonest.....Your killing me.....;)

Thank you for your time.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You failed to answer: What makes the bread/wine holy? How can it be Holy if it is only bread and wine? You are the one that called it Holy sooooo how does it become Holy?
Through the blessing of a true believer. However, the blessing does NOT turn the bread into flesh nor the cup into blood. As a true believer, I do not literally drink blood. That would break YHWH direct commands;

Leviticus 17:12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.
Leviticus 17:14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, You shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eats it shall be cut off.

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.​

Yeshua did not teach his disciples who were living under the OC to sin by drinking his literal blood.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through the blessing of a true believer. However, the blessing does NOT turn the bread into flesh nor the cup into blood. As a true believer, I do not literally drink blood. That would break YHWH direct commands;

Leviticus 17:12 Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.
Leviticus 17:14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, You shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eats it shall be cut off.

Acts 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.​

Yeshua did not teach his disciples who were living under the OC to sin by drinking his literal blood.
You said it becomes Holy through the blessing of a true believer. How do you know who a true believer is? Who decides who a true believer is? When it becomes Holy after that blessing what is it then? Still wine and bread? What makes it Holy? How can something that is Holy be a symbol? Jesus is Holy. Is he a symbol also? Your responses leave me more questions.....:rolleyes:

Since you are a true believer do you ever bless it to make it Holy?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were to tell the truth you would agree with Jesus when he said, "This IS my body". He never said this IS a symbol of my body.

He also said you must eat my body and drink my blood. How do you accomplish that Coreissue?

Mary

When one is born again, which can Catholicism does not believe happen in this life, we partake of his death on the cross, his time in the grave and his resurrection.

The Lord's table is symbolic of what has already happened in fact.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before you call somebody else vile, read what you have posted.

Sinners in the flesh, yes, but in the spirit no. Not the born-again.
Please quote anything vile I have said....I look forward to your response.

The born again are not sinners up unto the point of death? Is that what you are saying??

Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The born again are not sinners up unto the point of death? Is that what you are saying??

Mary

I said in the flesh we are all sinners for life, but in this spirit the born-again are not sinners.

Remember the war of the flesh versus spirit in the Bible

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You said it becomes Holy through the blessing of a true believer. How do you know who a true believer is? Who decides who a true believer is?
Someone who is figuratively born again, acknowledges Yeshua as the Son of YHWH and His Messiah, and trusts in him for salvation.

When it becomes Holy after that blessing what is it then? Still wine and bread?
Yes.

What makes it Holy? How can something that is Holy be a symbol?
The fact that it has been set apart through prayer to represent Yeshua's body and blood. The oil used to anoint the priests of YHWH was holy and was a symbol of the anointing of the Holy Spirit upon Yeshua and of YHWH's authority to set Yeshua apart for His purposes.

Since you are a true believer do you ever bless it to make it Holy?
Yes.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said in the flesh we are all sinners for life, but in this spirit the born-again are not sinners.

Remember the war of the flesh versus spirit in the Bible
What you are saying makes no sense to me. In this spirit the born again are not sinners???? I don't understand. :(

If you are unable to you owe me an apology. That's what Christians do....

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone who is figuratively born again, acknowledges Yeshua as the Son of YHWH and His Messiah, and trusts in him for salvation.

Yes.

The fact that it has been set apart through prayer to represent Yeshua's body and blood. The oil used to anoint the priests of YHWH was holy and was a symbol of the anointing of the Holy Spirit upon Yeshua and of YHWH's authority to set Yeshua apart for His purposes.

Yes.
Fascinating.....I truly don't know what to say. How can someone be figuratively born again? Either you are or you aren't born again....

How can a symbol be holy???? When something/someone is Holy it becomes more than just a symbol. Your theory makes no sense......

Mary

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Fascinating.....I truly don't know what to say. How can someone be figuratively born again? Either you are or you aren't born again....
We are literally born again at our resurrection and only figuratively born again prior to then.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Can you explain to me WHY they were forbidden to consume blood?
This is where you LOSE your case . . .

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Can you explain to me WHY they were forbidden to consume blood?
Because the life was in the blood and the blood was to make an atonement. Yeshua made the atonement for us by shedding his blood, not by us literally drinking his blood. Acts 15:20 teaches us that Gentiles believers are NOT to eat blood. Therefore, to eat/drink Yeshua's blood in John 6 and elsewhere was meant figuratively/spiritually.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the life was in the blood and the blood was to make an atonement. Yeshua made the atonement for us by shedding his blood, not by us literally drinking his blood. Acts 15:20 teaches us that Gentiles believers are NOT to eat blood. Therefore, to eat/drink Yeshua's blood in John 6 and elsewhere was meant figuratively/spiritually.
WRONG.

Acts 15:20 is talking about the blood of animals because the life of the ANIMAL is in the ANIMAL'S blood.
HOWEVER, there is ONE being whose life we WANT in us - and that is Christ. The prohibition against animal blood doesn't apply here.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
WRONG.

Acts 15:20 is talking about the blood of animals because the life of the ANIMAL is in the ANIMAL'S blood.
HOWEVER, there is ONE being whose life we WANT in us - and that is Christ. The prohibition against animal blood doesn't apply here.
So what are you saying, that Acts 15:20 teaches we can't drink animal's blood, but we can drink human blood?

Leviticus 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.​

Leviticus 17:14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
We take Messiah's life in us by believing in him, receiving him as our Savior, doing his will and partaking of the bread and cup.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are you saying, that Acts 15:20 teaches we can't drink animal's blood, but we can drink human blood?

Leviticus 17:10 And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.​

Leviticus 17:14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
We take Messiah's life in us by believing in him, receiving him as our Savior, doing his will and partaking of the bread and cup.
WRONG.

He COMMANDED us to eat His Flesh and drink His Blood (Matt. 26:26–28, Mark 14:22–24, Luke 22:19–20, 1 Cor. 11:23–25) – and at the Last supper, gave us the means and the formula for doing just that. He stated repeatedly that UNLESS you did this – you would have NO life within you (John 6:53-56).

YOU are like those who walked away from Him and returned to their former way of life because they simply couldn’t handle what He was telling them (John 6:66).

Once again, you fail to understand what it means to consume Him sacramentally – as opposes to cannibalistically. The Body and Blood of Christ that we consume is the glorified Christ – not corruptible flesh.

YOUR Protestant Fathers believed in this. This has been the teaching of the Church since the BEGINNING, as John’s student, Ignatius of Antioch explains:

Ignatius of Antioch
“Take note of those who hold heterodox opinions on the grace of Jesus Christ which has come to us, and see how contrary their opinions are to the mind of God. . . . They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, flesh which suffered for our sins and which that Father, in his goodness, raised up again. They who deny the gift of God are perishing in their disputes.” (Letter to the Smyrnaeans 6:2-7:1 [A.D. 110])

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Once again, you fail to understand what it means to consume Him sacramentally – as opposes to cannibalistically. The Body and Blood of Christ that we consume is the glorified Christ – not corruptible flesh.
When Yeshua said to his disciples, "Take, eat; This is my body" and "this is my blood," he was NOT yet glorified. They did NOT eat his glorified body or drink his glorified blood. They ate blessed bread and blessed fruit of the vine. We partake of the same body and blood they did as Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 11:23-25. Your doctrine is false.