Who is the Whore of babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Really? Proves that he was using a symbol? At no point does scripture (or the historical writings of the Christians who walked and talked with the Apostles) say that it was a symbol. It's simply not in the bible. It is only the words of the men of the Reformation 1,500 years after the death of Christ can one find this heretical teaching. Can you show me where The Church taught this "symbol" teaching BEFORE the Reformation?
I already showed you that Yeshua taught it was a symbol.

Why don't you believe
what Scripture says AFTER He died: For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

I do believe it. I treat the bread and cup as holy and partake of it fully understanding they represent Yeshua's body and blood.

Neither you nor BOL answered my question about pedophile priests blessing the Eucharist and feeding it to unsuspecting Catholics. There is no way that a pedophile priest (and there were/are many) could bless the bread and cup and have it change to Christ's literal body and blood. Therefore, Catholics partook of what they discerned to be his body and blood, but it was bogus.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the men of the Reformation were led by the Spirit to come out of Babylon and forsake her ways.
Hi Gadar. You have me a bit confused. You disagree with the doctrines of the CC and say the men of the Reformation were led by the Spirit to forsake her ways. However, the men of the Reformation agreed with many doctrines/practices/dogmas (real presence, Baptism saves, Church heiarchy etc.) of the Catholic Church. Do you accept those doctrines that they agreed with the Catholic Church on?

If so, which ones?

Mary

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was slain in YHWH's plan of salvation.
He is GOD – and the verses I presented show that His sacrifice is ETERNAL.
YOU only see it as a point in history because you have NO faith. However – the Bible says differently (1 Pet. 3:8, Heb. 7:25, 10:10-14, Rev. 13:8).
Yes, he lives forever, but you would kill him over and over again in your mass's sacrifice.
Uhhhh, no.

As I’ve already educated you – He is not “killed” again or “re-sacrificed” in the Mass. The Mas is a RE-PRESENTATION of His ONCE-FOR-ALL sacrifice. You are being purposely-foolish with your attacks.
That's a new one; "a RE-presentation". First you supposedly make bread and wine become the literal flesh and blood of Messiah. Then you sacrifice him again, but say it is only a RE-presentation? Talk about man-made foolishness. And you call me ignorant?
There’s nothing “new” about it. It has ALWAYS been the case.
Don’t blame me because YOU failed to do your homework . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't do "church", but yes, we partake of the Master's Supper.
Hmmmm......How do you fulfill Matthew 18:17 if you don't have a Church?

When you "partake of the Master's Supper" are you not PRETENDING that it is His body/blood since He said "This IS my body/blood"? Wouldn't that make you a pretending to be a cannibal?

When you are consuming the bread/wine and pretending that it is His body/blood you call it a symbol. but Scripture says that he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. How can you bring damnation upon yourself by consuming a symbol???? How can you consume a symbol unworthily?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already showed you that Yeshua taught it was a symbol.

I do believe it. I treat the bread and cup as holy and partake of it fully understanding they represent Yeshua's body and blood.

Neither you nor BOL answered my question about pedophile priests blessing the Eucharist and feeding it to unsuspecting Catholics. There is no way that a pedophile priest (and there were/are many) could bless the bread and cup and have it change to Christ's literal body and blood. Therefore, Catholics partook of what they discerned to be his body and blood, but it was bogus.
No, you didn't show me that Jesus taught it was a symbol. He said it IS His body. He didn't, at any point or time, say it was a symbol....He said it IS His body. Have you not read Scripture?

What makes the bread/wine holy? How can it be Holy if it is only bread and wine? He didn't say it represents His body/blood....He said it IS his body/blood.

Are the men who give you your Holy bread/wine sinners? I suspect they are. How can they give you something Holy if they are sinners?

Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you didn't show me that Jesus taught it was a symbol. He said it IS His body. He didn't, at any point or time, say it was a symbol....He said it IS His body. Have you not read Scripture?

What makes the bread/wine holy? How can it be Holy if it is only bread and wine? He didn't say it represents His body/blood....He said it IS his body/blood.

Are the men who give you your Holy bread/wine sinners? I suspect they are. How can they give you something Holy if they are sinners?

Mary

Bread is symbolic of the crucified body of Christ.

Wine is symbolic of the blood he shed.

Water baptism is symbolic of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Christ body today is glorified which means no blood or sexual organs. It also means it is not the crucified body. So by Catholics thinking is always blood and human meat come from?

The lamb is symbolic of Christ as a sacrificial lamb.

So are the Catholic wafers mutton perhaps?

The point is nothing in the Bible says it is literal verses symbolic.

You also have the problem if it literally became his body that is cannibalism.

Got to tell you those wafers look like crackers to me.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hi Gadar. You have me a bit confused. You disagree with the doctrines of the CC and say the men of the Reformation were led by the Spirit to forsake her ways. However, the men of the Reformation agreed with many doctrines/practices/dogmas (real presence, Baptism saves, Church heiarchy etc.) of the Catholic Church. Do you accept those doctrines that they agreed with the Catholic Church on?

If so, which ones?

Mary
I am no longer a Catholic and never was a Protestant. I don't know where they agree, but of the doctrines you listed, I agree that there is a hierarchy in the Body, but not headed by a pope and that Baptism is important in the salvation process.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Mary
We are holy, righteous men through Yeshua. We are not pedophiles, idolaters or murderers.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bread is symbolic of the crucified body of Christ.

Wine is symbolic of the blood he shed. Water baptism is symbolic of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
When He said This IS my body/blood you are adding the word symbolic to it. Jesus said it IS his body. You are saying it isn't. Why are you calling him a liar?

How can one eat and drink damnation upon themselves from a symbol? (1 Corinthians 11:29)

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are the Catholic wafers mutton perhaps?
No, they are what He said it is....His body.

Your disagreement is not with me....It is with Him.

Why are you so vile?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are holy, righteous men through Yeshua. We are not pedophiles, idolaters or murderers.
Soooo you know all the sins of the men of your Church? Fascinating....:rolleyes:

You failed to answer: What makes the bread/wine holy? How can it be Holy if it is only bread and wine? You are the one that called it Holy sooooo how does it become Holy?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am no longer a Catholic and never was a Protestant. I don't know where they agree, but of the doctrines you listed, I agree that there is a hierarchy in the Body, but not headed by a pope and that Baptism is important in the salvation process.
Soooo you don't even know your own Christian history? How sad..... And you are trying to teach me something???.....o_O

Thank you for your time

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooo you know all the sins of the men of your Church? Fascinating....:rolleyes:

You failed to answer: What makes the bread/wine holy? How can it be Holy if it is only bread and wine? You are the one that called it Holy sooooo how does it become Holy?

Curious Mary

There are certain sins Christ said the practitioners of will never see heaven, such as LGBT. There is no way practicing pedophiles will enter heaven.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also have the problem if it literally became his body that is cannibalism.
Look up the word cannibalism and you will see how ridiculous and uneducated your statement is.

If you participate in the bread/wine like He told you to do in remembrance of Him then you are pretending to be a cannibal.

Do you participate in communion in remembrance of Him?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are certain sins Christ said the practitioners of will never see heaven, such as LGBT. There is no way practicing pedophiles will enter heaven.
You failed AGAIN to answer: What makes the bread/wine holy? How can it be Holy if it is only bread and wine? You are the one that called it Holy sooooo how does it become Holy?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just telling the truth, which Catholicism doesn't care much for.
If you were to tell the truth you would agree with Jesus when he said, "This IS my body". He never said this IS a symbol of my body.

He also said you must eat my body and drink my blood. How do you accomplish that Coreissue?

Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, cannibalism.

noun
can·ni·bal·ism | \ -bə-ˌliz-əm \
Medical Definition of cannibalism
1 : the usually ritualistic eating of human flesh by a human being
2 : the eating of the flesh or the eggs of any animal by its own kind
3 : the pecking and tearing of the live flesh of its own members in a domestic poultry flock — compare pecking order
4 : oral sadism
p, cannibalism. The body of Christ on the cross was assuredly human.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction: there is no way an unrepentant pedophile (sinner) will enter heaven. Have you not read scripture?