WHO LEADS YOUR POSTING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do I know that is their "sole purpose"? Is it not possible that others disagree with you not out of malice but rather simple difference in understanding?
How I know is completely beside the point of my original post.

I said "THOSE WHO ARE HERE FOR THAT PURPOSE" are heretics.

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How I know is completely beside the point of my original post.

I said "THOSE WHO ARE HERE FOR THAT PURPOSE" are heretics.

The problem as I see it is there are many differing schools of thought when it comes to Christianity. How do we know which one is correct? Are the Catholics correct, or the Calvinists? Is it the Jehovah's Witnesses, Anglicans or Mormons? What of those who follow no screed but simply study the Bible and pray? It's fair and proper to say that post `XYZ` conflicts with the statement of faith on this website. If that is the case then there is no conflict, but is that the case? Are we not talking legitimate differences of faith held by many people of many backgrounds from countries around the world?

Is it not better to teach by persuasion than by yelling? (Granted, there are those who simply seek to cause strife. Every online forum gets its share of spammers but usually they are caught out quickly enough and dispatched with.) From what I have read on this site most people seem honest in their posting. The fault, if any, is not a lack of faith on the part of participants but an unwillingness to listen to any views that conflict with whatever dogma one espouses. To call someone a heretic over a good-faith difference in faith is harsh and off-putting. If that is your intention then so be it, but it comes across as mean spirited.

Once more I reiterate, it's better to approach disagreements of faith from a point of love, and it's better to assume good faith on the part of others. It's impossible to get everyone to always agree. Oftentimes we must accept that our view is not universally accepted and move on.

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The problem as I see it is there are many differing schools of thought when it comes to Christianity. How do we know which one is correct? Are the Catholics correct, or the Calvinists? Is it the Jehovah's Witnesses, Anglicans or Mormons? What of those who follow no screed but simply study the Bible and pray? It's fair and proper to say that post `XYZ` conflicts with the statement of faith on this website. If that is the case then there is no conflict, but is that the case? Are we not talking legitimate differences of faith held by many people of many backgrounds from countries around the world?

Is it not better to teach by persuasion than by yelling? (Granted, there are those who simply seek to cause strife. Every online forum gets its share of spammers but usually they are caught out quickly enough and dispatched with.) From what I have read on this site most people seem honest in their posting. The fault, if any, is not a lack of faith on the part of participants but an unwillingness to listen to any views that conflict with whatever dogma one espouses. To call someone a heretic over a good-faith difference in faith is harsh and off-putting. If that is your intention then so be it, but it comes across as mean spirited.

Once more I reiterate, it's better to approach disagreements of faith from a point of love, and it's better to assume good faith on the part of others. It's impossible to get everyone to always agree. Oftentimes we must accept that our view is not universally accepted and move on.

It is pretty easy in the days of Yeshua and the 1st Century disciples who were mostly Hebrews for many years, there were no denominations. They were known as those who were of the way. Maintained, and guarded the weekly Sabbath, the feasts of Yahweh (not Jewish feasts) as many believe as instructed in Lev 23. Also, confirmed by Paul in his letters to those synagogues throughout Asia Minor, that he observed the feasts many decades after the resurrection of our Messiah. They kept eating clean foods as instructed by Yahweh in Lev 11 as confirmed by Peter when he had a vision of unclean animals and was told to rise and eat, what was Peter's response? Not so Lord nothing unclean has at any time entered my mouth, again well after the resurrection of our Messiah and the context of this is not food, it was in regards to people who were clean and unclean. As the Jews regarded Gentiles as unclean and Yahweh was instructing Peter not to call any man unclean. Hence the salvation of the household of Cornelius a Roman Centurion.

Main point was they still followed and adhered to the Hebrew scriptures. The New Testament was not compiled until several centuries later. The Gospels were not written until decades after the resurrection of our Messiah. Yeshua Himself said my doctrine is not my own but He who sent me (John 7:16) this is the front of the book the 5 books of Moses, the writings and the prophets. The Hebrew scriptures.

Yeshua also said man shall not live by bread alone by by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God (Matt 4:4) quoting directly from His Father's doctrine of Deut 8:3 guess what when Yeshua declared and taught this the New Testament was not written yet.
Yeshua, the apostles and the 1st century believers followed the Hebrew scriptures there were no other scriptures. No catholic or protestant churches that were all born out of the church fathers who were mostly anti-semitic, and wanted to remove anything Jewish from the New Testament. They represented in no way the 1st century assembly of those who followed the Messiah who were known by the way.

He who has ears to hear let him hear.

Shalom

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Does the Holy Spirit lead people to post what the do or do they just post what is on their minds. There are so many contradictory posts claiming this or claiming that, that they can't all be Spirit led. Too many of them are legalistic or counterproductive to spiritual harmony. Just wondering.
@Pearl Shows the importance of Biblical doctrine, which is Spirit-inspired, right?

Reactions: Pearl

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s because most of them are led by mens books (of which there are many), not the Bible. If no other book existed other than the Bible there would be more agreements than disagreements. But then there’s the multitude of Bible translations that plant seeds of questions and doubts. This pollution of excessive Bible translations is the work of that spirit of doubt that makes Satan’s work more easier to accomplish.

Biblical harmony is what’s needed. For by the word of God is how we test people and the spirits.

Jesus said to know what spirit you are of. And there are evil spirits. People don't realize when they're doing things with the wrong spirit.

At least HALF of those posting on Christian Forums are heretics that are here for the sole purpose of creating dissention and destroying Truth. That means it doesn't matter how much Truth you present to them, they will never concede to the Truth because they already know they are here to bury it by all means.

Those who are here for that purpose do not preach a doctrine that aligns with Scripture at all.

Wolf in sheep's clothing?

The bible said many deceivers have gone out into the world. That includes internet forums.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Does the Holy Spirit lead people to post what the do or do they just post what is on their minds. There are so many contradictory posts claiming this or claiming that, that they can't all be Spirit led. Too many of them are legalistic or counterproductive to spiritual harmony. Just wondering.
Sometimes. Most times I am held back and don't feel that the Holy Spirit wants me to post....so I just watch

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had better believe it.....Legalists, Leaven Spreaders and Tares......Their Calling-Card ? It’s alway a variation of “ Jesus Saves—— BUT !”.......
True Saints have always been killed for doing exactly what God expects of His people, and teaching others to do the same - alllll the way back to the beginning with Abel.

"Jesus saves, BUT we must do what He says." All His promises are conditional.

This is true from Genesis to Revelation.

Jesus Himself says those are Saints that do those things.
Revelation 14:12

You are spoken of in Matthew 23; and your kind will continue to lie and kill Saints until Jesus returns.

It is what it is and we take the character assassination and the abuse daily, knowing our Savior received exactly the same and would have us endure nothing less.

All Glory to God Almighty.

Reactions: Episkopos

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The bible is correct and no true Christian should believe in stuff they are taught if it doesn't tally with the bible.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It would be a dramatically different dynamic on all Christian Forums if everybody was actually a sincere Christian.

No matter what the differing level of Biblical experience/knowledge was, the atmosphere would be night and day different.

At least HALF of those posting on Christian Forums are heretics that are here for the sole purpose of creating dissention and destroying Truth. That means it doesn't matter how much Truth you present to them, they will never concede to the Truth because they already know they are here to bury it by all means.

Those who are here for that purpose do not preach a doctrine that aligns with Scripture at all.

When you have a sincere Christian debating with a sincere Christian, you do not get the same flavor of confusion and absolute denial of Scripture that we see here everyday.

Almost the only reason whatsoever to be here on these Forums discussing these things, the only productive purpose, is for the few that are reading along who ARE sincere and just might learn something from what the one who is sincerely Spirit-led is posting.

Those people are few and far between.

Propaganda is the dissemination of half-truths that cover up whatever truth is deemed as being disadvantageous. We see so much of this in the religious version of Christendom. Entire denominations are based on a slant that fits a certain carnal disposition.

And many are here to spread their disinformation....stemming from an unbalanced understanding of the Bible. Some do this from ignorance of the truth in high-resolution. Others enjoy the seeming superiority that comes from championing a dogmatic ideology that already lines up with their carnal tendencies.

Let not many be teachers.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible is correct and no true Christian should believe in stuff they are taught if it doesn't tally with the bible.

If people were honest...that would indeed work. But few will submit to the parts of the Bible that don't line up with the parts of the truth they have come to see as "biblical."

It comes down to interpretation so often. People who are carnal cannot fathom the implications of a spiritual idea as stated in the Bible....and then there are the layers of meaning in the text that are far too nuanced to reach a mind that has never known eternal spiritual things.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Saints have always been killed for doing exactly what God expects of His people, and teaching others to do the same - alllll the way back to the beginning with Abel.

"Jesus saves, BUT we must do what He says." All His promises are conditional.

This is true from Genesis to Revelation.

Jesus Himself says those are Saints that do those things.
Revelation 14:12

You are spoken of in Matthew 23; and your kind will continue to lie and kill Saints until Jesus returns.

It is what it is and we take the character assassination and the abuse daily, knowing our Savior received exactly the same and would have us endure nothing less.

All Glory to God Almighty.

You are correct! The Promises Of God * ARE * Conditional! And what are these “ Conditions ? You have to *Believe* them.....as in “ All those that BELIEVE in Him , already Have Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under Condemnation”

Here is Another real tough “ Condition” —— “ Anybody that ASKS to be Saved Will Be Saved” .....sure enough, there is a “ Condition” there.....you have to ASK! God sure makes it tough to get Saved,
Doesn’t he——— NOT!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find this forum kind of like a buffet.
Not everyone is sent to preach.. all the time.
Not everyone is sent to teach... all the time.
Or prophecy, or speak in tongues.. all the time.

But we are called to minister to one another.. all the time.
Sometimes we sing, sometimes we cry, sometimes we get goofy, sometimes we're grumpy.
Not all my posts are "inspired", or serve a specific purpose. I feel some are though.
I come here to be with friends, share stories, pray, just hang out.
Other times a topic may come up and I feel led to post on it.
I hear verses of the bible fly through my head and I can't write them fast enough to keep up with what I hear.
It's sounds like: look at this, remember that? , I saw that somewhere..
Sometimes I go back and reread the thread and I find not everything I write is germaine to the topic.
Sometimes I think it's put there for my benefit as well.
Or maybe it's put there for someone else to read?

Right now, I'm just sharing my thoughts. Just being social hanging with my friends.
Sometimes we are simply called to wait on tables.
Bon Apetite
:D
Hugs

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..There are so many contradictory posts claiming this or claiming that, that they can't all be Spirit led. Too many of them are legalistic or counterproductive to spiritual harmony. Just wondering.

Many people feel obliged to post what their own particular church denomination believes, so naturally there's a "my church is better than yours" aspect to what they say.
Me, I'm a non-denom Christian because I'm Jesus-centred and therefore don't need any church to do my thinking for me..:)
Jesus said:-"You have one teacher, me" (Matthew 23:10)
"And the common people heard him gladly" (Mark 12:37)
"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2)

And as regards longwinded legalistic wrangling, Paul had to remind people -
"I am worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:3)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Pearl,
I would say a Combination.
*Some flat out say, they conclude all of their Beliefs, VIA Logic. >MIND
*Some say, Logical Conclusions are sufficient for secular things. >MIND
*Some say, Spiritual Conclusions are sufficient for Spiritual things.>SPIRIT

Personally, I see the biggest disagreements between people...
Whereby ONE concludes Spiritual things according to Logic
And
Whereby ANOTHER concludes Spiritual thing according to the Spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It’s a tolerated “cop out”.
If I can NAME “something” you are “associated” with...and I do not particularly “agree” with that “association”...it’s a free for all, game on, to be personally Against that “PERSON”.

I do NOT agree with “a great deal of the Catholic church’s teachings”...
And men who DO agree with Catholic Church teachings, typically, are members of the Catholic Church, and call “themselves” Catholic.

Does that automatically mean...I am anti-Catholic? No.
Does that automatically mean...I do not like People who are Catholic adherents? No.
* It means, I do not agree with a great deal of what the Catholic Church teaches.

The tolerated “cop out”....Stretches ... IF you do not agree with EVERYTHING I believe, YOU are against me....”and that is my CUE, to personally ATTACK You”.

It’s nothing more than a juvenile tactic that sadly did not become set aside when a child became an adult, but failed to mature.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me, I'm a non-denom Christian because I'm Jesus-centred and therefore don't need any church to do my thinking for me..:)
I agree, but I do learn when I take the time to actually listen to what someone outside of my doctrinal construct is saying. They usually have a good reason why they believe what they do. Maybe not a correct reason, but a good reason that inspires additional insight into a doctrinal issue that leads to the truth. I've learned a lot this way. Too many Christians are locked on the tracks of their own particular doctrinal thinking and don't realize there's actually another valid way to look at a particular issue. Once a person gets past this narrow way of seeing things it opens up a lot of spiritual inspiration and learning. And leads to respect of other people and their varying beliefs. We're not just here to learn about doctrine. More importantly, we're here to learn how to treat people with love and respect. Actually listening to and contemplating what someone is saying goes a long way toward that end.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344 and Ziggy

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s nothing more than a juvenile tactic that sadly did not become set aside when a child became an adult, but failed to mature.
I suggest they have NOT become an adult, but are still a child. The funny thing about being immature spiritually is you can't fake being mature. Whether mature or immature, we all are seen for what we really are. You can't fake spiritual maturity. If only more of us understood that how we treat others is more important than our doctrinal knowledge. Maybe we'd be more apt to realize what our behavior towards others is actually revealing about us, apart from any perception of superior knowledge. One of my life verses...

"1 We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2The one who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. 3But the one who loves God is known by God." 1 Corinthians 8:1-3

You show that you know God, and he knows you, not by your doctrinal superiority, but rather by how you treat others, particularly your enemies. If only we'd remember that when we're posting! So many people think their knowledge shows they are known by God when the truth is how they treat people is actually what shows that. Jesus himself told us it is by their fruit that you will know them, not their doctrine. Which I always found interesting because the church is all about measuring spirituality and approval by God by one's spiritual gifts, rather than by one's character.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are correct! The Promises Of God * ARE * Conditional! And what are these “ Conditions ? You have to *Believe* them.....as in “ All those that BELIEVE in Him , already Have Eternal Life and shall NEVER come under Condemnation”

Here is Another real tough “ Condition” —— “ Anybody that ASKS to be Saved Will Be Saved” .....sure enough, there is a “ Condition” there.....you have to ASK! God sure makes it tough to get Saved,
Doesn’t he——— NOT!
Enjoy your party.

narrow-way.jpeg