WHO LEADS YOUR POSTING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does the Holy Spirit lead people to post what the do or do they just post what is on their minds. There are so many contradictory posts claiming this or claiming that, that they can't all be Spirit led. Too many of them are legalistic or counterproductive to spiritual harmony. Just wondering.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Holy Spirit lead people to post what the do or do they just post what is on their minds. There are so many contradictory posts claiming this or claiming that, that they can't all be Spirit led. Too many of them are legalistic or counterproductive to spiritual harmony. Just wondering.
Well, we're all learning and so there is going to be some disagreement among us for that reason. Even among true believers. But online forums have a special problem because they give people a platform who would normally not have a voice because of their fringe beliefs. And it's apparent by how they behave that many of those fringe voices come from people who simply do not have the Holy Spirit. They have fleshly, carnal, over-thought doctrines of men that look from the outside in on Christianity and the Bible and that's what causes so much strife and division and trouble:

" 19These are the ones who cause divisions, who are worldly and devoid of the Spirit." Jude 1:19

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Great question Pearl. My View is that because we all know in part, as Paul said, there is that tendency for Human nature to think we know it all. From this arises the "contradictory posts". What Humans are not good at in general is fellowship, and key component of this is stepping into the other persons shoes to see the truths the Spirit may have led them to and being able to humbly accept these truths in Brotherly love for them. Instead we butt heads thinking we are defending our truths from attacks from the other.

When we accept that we all only know in part, and learn to fellowship with diverse views from ours, is when the unity of the Spirit begins to take place, all of a sudden the Calvinist gets along with the Arminian and the charismatic with the fundamentalist, and the OSAS believer with the conditional security believer.... all the divides are set aside as dialogue begins to take place and the whole truth begins to form.

Unfortunately most believers are still stuck in the "defending my truth" mode, and unable to grow beyond this. This is why I believe the future of Christianity is non-denominational in nature, unfortunately there are significant hurdles to arriving at the truth.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question Pearl. My View is that because we all know in part, as Paul said, there is that tendency for Human nature to think we know it all. From this arises the "contradictory posts". What Humans are not good at in general is fellowship, and key component of this is stepping into the other persons shoes to see the truths the Spirit may have led them to and being able to humbly accept these truths in Brotherly love for them. Instead we butt heads thinking we are defending our truths from attacks from the other.

When we accept that we all only know in part, and learn to fellowship with diverse views from ours, is when the unity of the Spirit begins to take place, all of a sudden the Calvinist gets along with the Arminian and the charismatic with the fundamentalist, and the OSAS believer with the conditional security believer.... all the divides are set aside as dialogue begins to take place and the whole truth begins to form.

Unfortunately most believers are still stuck in the "defending my truth" mode, and unable to grow beyond this. This is why I believe the future of Christianity is non-denominational in nature, unfortunately there are significant hurdles to arriving at the truth.

Nice David, this is one of the best posts I have read in awhile.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Holy Spirit lead people to post

This isn’t something we can always know. When Caiaphas prophesied of Jesus dying for the nation:

“…this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.” (John 11:49-52)

There are so many contradictory posts claiming this or claiming that, that they can't all be Spirit led

That’s because most of them are led by mens books (of which there are many), not the Bible. If no other book existed other than the Bible there would be more agreements than disagreements. But then there’s the multitude of Bible translations that plant seeds of questions and doubts. This pollution of excessive Bible translations is the work of that spirit of doubt that makes Satan’s work more easier to accomplish.

Too many of them are legalistic or counterproductive to spiritual harmony

Biblical harmony is what’s needed. For by the word of God is how we test people and the spirits.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:D

In simple math, if you consider 66 books of the Bible as representing one person presenting the actual, spiritual truth from God...the best possible would be one person every hundred years +/-.

Sounds about right.

;)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be a dramatically different dynamic on all Christian Forums if everybody was actually a sincere Christian.

No matter what the differing level of Biblical experience/knowledge was, the atmosphere would be night and day different.

At least HALF of those posting on Christian Forums are heretics that are here for the sole purpose of creating dissention and destroying Truth. That means it doesn't matter how much Truth you present to them, they will never concede to the Truth because they already know they are here to bury it by all means.

Those who are here for that purpose do not preach a doctrine that aligns with Scripture at all.

When you have a sincere Christian debating with a sincere Christian, you do not get the same flavor of confusion and absolute denial of Scripture that we see here everyday.

Almost the only reason whatsoever to be here on these Forums discussing these things, the only productive purpose, is for the few that are reading along who ARE sincere and just might learn something from what the one who is sincerely Spirit-led is posting.

Those people are few and far between.

LearningToLetGo

Jun 13, 2022
Western Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone is at the same place in their walk with Jesus, thus the varying beliefs and notions presented. Instead of condemning those who profess a different point of view as heretics, why not correct them in the spirit of love?

Reactions: dev553344 and Rita

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone is at the same place in their walk with Jesus, thus the varying beliefs and notions presented. Instead of condemning those who profess a different point of view as heretics, why not correct them in the spirit of love?
Not sure who that was directed to, but correcting people using Scripture IS the Spirit of Love; it is the Spirit of Truth.

Especially if you can only assume that you are addressing a sincere Christian here that cares about the Truth.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well, we're all learning and so there is going to be some disagreement among us for that reason. Even among true believers. But online forums have a special problem because they give people a platform who would normally not have a voice because of their fringe beliefs. And it's apparent by how they behave that many of those fringe voices come from people who simply do not have the Holy Spirit. They have fleshly, carnal, over-thought doctrines of men that look from the outside in on Christianity and the Bible and that's what causes so much strife and division and trouble:

" 19These are the ones who cause divisions, who are worldly and devoid of the Spirit." Jude 1:19
Oh yes, I've noticed that. :D

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

What you say is so true. But at the start of this month our country celebrated our Queen's 70 year reign. And lots of people were talking about her and the thing that impressed me most was that her Christian faith is so strong it allows her to be accepting of those with different beliefs and different faiths.

Reactions: marks

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What term do you like to use for those who are on Christian Forums for the sole purpose of creating dissention and destroying Truth?
Good question. I would like to think our Admins/members have enough discernment to call them out.
Romans 16:17-18
17 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

bold and emphasis are mine.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good question. I would like to think our Admins/members have enough discernment to call them out.
Romans 16:17-18
17 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

bold and emphasis are mine.
Exactly!

Reactions: Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s because most of them are led by mens books (of which there are many), not the Bible. If no other book existed other than the Bible there would be more agreements than disagreements. But then there’s the multitude of Bible translations that plant seeds of questions and doubts. This pollution of excessive Bible translations is the work of that spirit of doubt that makes Satan’s work more easier to accomplish
Yes, I agree.

And I find that the more willing someone is to go beyond exactly what is written, the more they will become individual in their interpretations, and the less unity will be experienced.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you say is so true. But at the start of this month our country celebrated our Queen's 70 year reign. And lots of people were talking about her and the thing that impressed me most was that her Christian faith is so strong it allows her to be accepting of those with different beliefs and different faiths.

This is an excellent point, and many who cause division and strife are really trying to self-affirm, lacking a sense of internal security and balance.

Much love!

Reactions: dev553344 and Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Important question!

How can we be certain? How can we know when we aren't posting in the Spirit? And can we be willing to delete posts after consideration?

For myself,

Much love!

is the opportunity to question myself, and ask myself, am I posting in

Much love!

Reactions: Lambano