WHO LEADS YOUR POSTING

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Propaganda is the dissemination of half-truths that cover up whatever truth is deemed as being disadvantageous. We see so much of this in the religious version of Christendom. Entire denominations are based on a slant that fits a certain carnal disposition.

And many are here to spread their disinformation....stemming from an unbalanced understanding of the Bible. Some do this from ignorance of the truth in high-resolution. Others enjoy the seeming superiority that comes from championing a dogmatic ideology that already lines up with their carnal tendencies.

Let not many be teachers.
You're completely forgetting about (dismissing?) the group that does it for the sake of the devil; for the sake of intentionally misleading souls away from Christ.

Do you not believe in that possibility?

The Bible plainly teaches that Truth.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Too many Christians are locked on the tracks of their own particular doctrinal thinking and don't realize there's actually another valid way to look at a particular issue...And leads to respect of other people and their varying beliefs. we're here to learn how to treat people with love and respect..

1- I'm non-demominational and free, therefore I'm not locked on any doctrine..:)
2- Respecting people is good, but respecting their cockamamie beliefs is a no-no..:)
"Thus says the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen"(Jeremiah 10:2 KJV)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1- I'm non-demominational and free, therefore I'm not locked on any doctrine..:)
That's almost what non-denominational means, by definition. Denominational churches are prone to being locked into only one way of doctrinal thinking. In these end times, individuals themselves are the one's making steady progress away from the corruption of the Catholic church. Individuals are being made strong and secure in the truth, not church organizations. IMO, because of corruption the trend has definitely been towards God relating to individuals in spite of the organizations of men. The true church of God is the collection of true believers dispersed to the nations of the world.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if they show you Scripture to support their beliefs? Then what's your excuse?
There's a difference between 'support' and 'prove'. And that's really the point I was trying to get at. Most of the time doctrines that differ from our own have reasonable and good support in the Bible. It's not usual that a person or organization just pulls something out of thin air. They're basing it on something which at first glance is reasonable. Maybe not true, but reasonable. I say, just look at it. If there's any merit to it adopt it into your own doctrinal thinking. If not, use it to inspire movement to the real truth. I've learned lots this way.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How bout the doctrine of the Bible?
..And if they show you Scripture to support their beliefs? Then what's your excuse?

My doctrine is the "Jesus Doctrine"..:)
Sure, the Old T is okay too, but let's never forget-
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Hebrews 8:6)

As for assorted beliefs, it depends which ones you're referring to. People who think they're Rocky have been challenging me in forums for 20 years but they usually end up with a bloody nose, how about it Rock?..:)
"C'mon, it's true, but that don't bother me, I just wanna prove somethin', I ain't no bum, it don't matter if I lose, don't matter if Dropship opens my head. The only thing I wanna do is go the distance, that's all.
Nobody's ever gone fifteen rounds with Dropship. If I go them fifteen rounds, an' that bell rings an' I'm still standin', I'm gonna know then I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood".

Rocky.jpg

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're completely forgetting about (dismissing?) the group that does it for the sake of the devil; for the sake of intentionally misleading souls away from Christ.
There are definitely people doing that. For example, I think the Freegrace movement is ultimately intended by the enemy to mislead people into thinking they are saved when they are not, thus leavening the church with loads of unsaved, un-spiritual carnal 'Christians' and their teachings. I'm concerned about that, but at the same time I believe that, ultimately, any ground that can and will produce the fruit of the kingdom when planted with the seed of God will do just that, and that no scheme of the devil will be allowed to keep the word growing and flourishing in land that it is able to do that in. But we, individually, can share in the task, with God, of planting and watering that ground, and receiving a reward for doing so at the end of the age.

"And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it." Matthew 16:18

The point being, we don't have to get overly excited about false teachers and their doctrines in on-line forums. And so we can remain calm and polite, but firm perhaps, because we know that they can't stop the word of God from growing in land that God knows will in fact produce the fruit of the kingdom when given the seed of the kingdom.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a difference between 'support' and 'prove'. And that's really the point I was trying to get at. Most of the time doctrines that differ from our own have reasonable and good support in the Bible. It's not usual that a person or organization just pulls something out of thin air. They're basing it on something which at first glance is reasonable. Maybe not true, but reasonable. I say, just look at it. If there's any merit to it adopt it into your own doctrinal thinking. If not, use it to inspire movement to the real truth. I've learned lots this way.
You do know that I quoted, and posted that to, the Dropship user name, not the Ferris user name, right?

I hadn't even read any of the posts under the Ferris user name in this thread yet.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hadn't even read any of the posts under the Ferris user name in this thread yet.
I'm good with that. I thought you had me on ignore anyway. I'm convinced the only value of talking to you is so others can compare what I say to what you say.

Did I post that without checking for the conviction of the Spirit? No. I'm comfortable after checking my spirit that I'm being polite and courteous, but at the same time saying what I think needs to be said. There is value in reproof, as long as it's legitimate, and most importantly that it is polite. And firm if necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My doctrine is the "Jesus Doctrine"..:)
Sure, the Old T is okay too, but let's never forget-
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Hebrews 8:6)
You can't possibly understand the New Covenant without a thorough knowledge and understanding of the OT. That's the problem with all the modern mainstream churchianity these days. They teach almost zero OT.
People who think they're Rocky have been challenging me in forums for 20 years but they usually end up with a bloody nose, how about it Rock?
Yeah, ok.

Reactions: BarneyFife

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am aware of that, and I don't care. This is a public forum where we can respond to whatever we want.
Of course you can, but you make yourself look like a horse's a$$ when you post anything so I was just trying to help you look just a little less so.

As you were, Ferris. It's YOUR day off!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't possibly understand the New Covenant without a thorough knowledge and understanding of the OT. That's the problem with all the modern mainstream churchianity these days. They teach almost zero OT.
So, do we let the flesh lead, or the Spirit, in responding to this problem you see in the church today? How are they different? Do you know? Do you use the perceived error of someone else's teaching as an excuse to use the flesh to respond to them and justify it in the name of truth?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course you can, but you make yourself look like a horse's a$$ when you post anything so I was just trying to help you look just a little less so.

As you were, Ferris. It's YOUR day off!
And this is Spirit, right? Since you perceive everything I say as error does that serve as the justification to not treat me with respect?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to help the mental health of the forum by raising awareness of mental health problems and better thinking processes. I've been working with mental health professionals for over 20 years and worked thru a lot of paranoia problems myself and ill thinking about others. Negative thinking, distrust, paranoia all lead to people attacking others. It creates a toxic environment.

I've noticed that I get attacked a lot on these forums for trying to provide some truth about healthy thinking. I'm not enjoying getting attacked and will probably back out a bit from the forums in that respect.

I do enjoy fellowship and I have noticed the members that fellowship. There are members that you can tell are sincere Christians that are here to fellowship and share some kindness and courtesy towards others. And that is pleasing so I will continue to fellowship. And limit myself in the debate areas.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just post. I don’t know when the spirit is using me or not. I try not to let anything get under my skin and to be a receiver here. I don’t want to teach as it seems everyone is a teacher. Probably for their own glory.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we don't have to get overly excited about false teachers and their doctrines in on-line forums. ... because we know that they can't stop the word of God from growing in land that God knows will in fact produce the fruit of the kingdom when given the seed of the kingdom.
The Bible wouldn't give us dire warnings about False Teachers if it wasn't a danger to Christians.

If you're perfectly ok with people going around purposely lying about The Lord God Almighty and His Truth and leading weaker, less educated in God's Word, Christians astray to possibly be lost, then go right ahead pretending they're not a threat and living the False 'Don't worry be happy!' charade of a Christian dogma.

Those of us who understand the dangers, and the TRUE threat, of the many wolves that stalk our brethren at every turn, will handle the more difficult task of taking them on head-on and (whether you like it or not) disrupting their evil schemes.

images
ee2a9b3fb880f8095bea19e623f18709.png

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..I think the Freegrace movement is ultimately intended by the enemy to mislead people into thinking they are saved when they are not..

Yes there are all sorts of wackos on Satan's payroll..:)

"For certain individuals whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord." (Jude 1:4)

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And this is Spirit, right? Since you perceive everything I say as error does that serve as the justification to not treat me with respect?
You're not worthy of anymore respect than I extend to you. Your resume of posts here is proof of that.

If somebody is respectful and reasonable with me, I am even more so with them. You don't fall into that category. You are here to distract, dissuade, disinform, disrupt and destroy Truth.

I have zero respect for that.

You're more than welcome to select another User to converse with now.

Have a great day off!