Who managed to quit smoking?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you quit smoking?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Never started to smoke

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
....I am unsure about the vaping as a means to quit.
PS: As a means to cutting down and/or eliminating some of the side effects it might be worthwhile; it's also inexpensive and can provide some probably safer nicotine hits that it sounds like you as a long term thing have become very accustomed to and in that sense need, I suppose. I don't have the need any more; but from what you describe you still seem to; but it's up to you whether you try it as an alternative to keeping going back to cigarettes.

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I only get my e-juice from a place in North Carolina and have the 3 ingredients on the bottle...no weight gain, lungs clear as a bell, no stink of smoke, no carcinogens.
PS: Well this seems a strong argument, right?

So are you able to get your supplies satisfactorily?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Every time. Within 3 days, and many times in 2. I do not have to order often at all.
Seems to work for you, anyway, and by @Heart2Soul 's 'like' on post #19 she appears to agree that what you said earlier about vaping being a likely source of effective nicotine hits without most of the usual side effects from cigarettes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So who managed to quit smoking?

I'm sure, from what I've heard;
Some never started smoking.
Some do not want to be called a Quitter.

I am curious if people find a difference in breathing IN, smoke from incense, smoke from a campfire, or smoke from tobacco.

God Bless,
Taken

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Farouk, I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this thread. I saw you... "Tagged" me I think it's called? Someone will have to explain to me some day how that is done! Also how to have an on-site link to exact bible verses - that has been very helpful in the posts of those who know how to do it!

I quit smoking for 3 months with a Greensmoke ecig! Unfortunately, I had some stress and began again for almost 5 months now. But I am currently charging all of the batteries so I will be ready to start on it again. I felt so much better for that 3 months! But, I am not convinced that smoking is a sin. I think it might rather be one of those: all things are legal for me but not all things are profitable -that the apostle mentions.

Reactions: Nancy and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm sure, from what I've heard;
Some never started smoking.
Some do not want to be called a Quitter.

I am curious if people find a difference in breathing IN, smoke from incense, smoke from a campfire, or smoke from tobacco.

God Bless,
Taken
Interesting perspectives, some of which I had not thought of in this connection.

Reactions: Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk, I'm sorry it took me so long to get to this thread. I saw you... "Tagged" me I think it's called? Someone will have to explain to me some day how that is done! Also how to have an on-site link to exact bible verses - that has been very helpful in the posts of those who know how to do it!

I quit smoking for 3 months with a Greensmoke ecig! Unfortunately, I had some stress and began again for almost 5 months now. But I am currently charging all of the batteries so I will be ready to start on it again. I felt so much better for that 3 months! But, I am not convinced that smoking is a sin. I think it might rather be one of those: all things are legal for me but not all things are profitable -that the apostle mentions.
Okay so, in response re. several points that you raise: :)

To link with someone, put the @ sign in front of the name, as in: @stunnedbygrace .

Personally I would have thought that you'll find that it's far healthier psychologically and spiritually to be a confidently smoking Christian woman who is able progressively to cut down and maybe someday even quit, rather than feel guilt-manipulated but out of control with cigarettes. I don't need any nicotine now, but some ppl clearly still do feel they need some; and interestingly @Nancy in post #9 above seems very strongly to advocate vaping as a safer and preferable way to get the nicotine without tar, with inhales that she seems to indicate are very satisfactory according to her.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come to think of it....do you think the priests in the temple had healthy lungs? Incense, candles, smoke of all that burning flesh...?

Reactions: farouk

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Come to think of it....do you think the priests in the temple had healthy lungs? Incense, candles, smoke of all that burning flesh...?
well, the incense was probably didn't have too much smoke associated with it. The candles used olive oil, not sure what levels of smoke came from that and the smoke of the altars dissipated in the dessert air

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, the incense was probably didn't have too much smoke associated with it. The candles used olive oil, not sure what levels of smoke came from that and the smoke of the altars dissipated in the dessert air

I was thinking like a chimney situation. It doesn't all dissipate up the chimney and in the air. Your house becomes smoky and dusty...

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The altar was outside the building in the open air.
By the way, chimney's in houses only smoke if the internal proportions retard drawing because of poor design or building or the flue is not high enough and or too close to the ridge of the house.

A well designed and built chimney will throw out heat and draw up smoke.

Last edited: