Who managed to quit smoking?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you quit smoking?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No, not yet

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Never started to smoke

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, the incense was probably didn't have too much smoke associated with it. The candles used olive oil, not sure what levels of smoke came from that and the smoke of the altars dissipated in the dessert air
True. Not to mention that tobacco, when combustion occurs, there are 4000+ chemicals and carcinogens being released into the air.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting point; hadn't considered it before...

The great preacher C H Spurgeon smoked, as it happened... (so don't feel guilt-manipulated...)
What a pitiful example. Do we now have permission to follow a life destroying habit?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The great preacher C H Spurgeon smoked, as it happened... (so don't feel guilt-manipulated...)
Adam ate what God did not give him to eat. I suppose following that logic we also have permission to not do as Gods tells us???

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting point; hadn't considered it before...

I never let men guilt manipulate me. If God has helped me to not let satan do this to me any more, I figure I can stand up to a mere man who attempts to make me live by HIS conscience. :D

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I never let men guilt manipulate me. If God has helped me to not let satan do this to me any more, I figure I can stand up to a mere man who attempts to make me live by HIS conscience. :D
Well this is healthy, spiritually and psychologically if by God's grace you are your own woman. If you can quit, quit; if you still need your inhales, inhale. (I guess the great Spurgeon would have said something pretty similar.)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God does give release but when we deliberately go back into the mud the burden becomes heavier.
The story of Israel's journey is testimony to that. It's given so that we learn.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You can be assured that inhaling smoke which poisons and stunts is not to the glory of God any more than loving your neighbours wife is. Didn't Eve think the forbidden fruit was desirable to eat?
Approving and or peddling poison does not come from the Father of lights, of that you can be certain.

Reactions: brakelite

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does give release but when we deliberately go back into the mud the burden becomes heavier.
The story of Israel's journey is testimony to that. It's given so that we learn.

Meh. I don't recall them smoking cigarettes.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Meh. I don't recall them smoking cigarettes.
If you have a clear conscience, quit wholeheartedly or inhale wholeheartedly. Before the American Civil War it was actually very widespread on a Sunday for women emerging from church to take out their pipes and smoke them. (The better the day, the better the deed, so to speak.)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam ate what God did not give him to eat. I suppose following that logic we also have permission to not do as Gods tells us???
I do not see a true child of God actually wanting to disobey Him, permissible or not. It's like an oxymoron to me, lol.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have a clear conscience, quit wholeheartedly or inhale wholeheartedly. Before the American Civil War it was actually very widespread on a Sunday for women emerging from church to take out their pipes and smoke them. (The better the day, the better the deed, so to speak.)
It seems farouk, you justify any practice if it has mans approval. An approach straight from the pit.

Reactions: brakelite