Who nailed Him ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Every one who, did not, does not and will not believe Him (and do what He taught) nailed him to the cross. Every one of the body of satan crucified Him. From the beginning of creation to it's end. None of them are more or less guilty than the other. Every one of them held the nails and the hammer.

That's still a wide-sweeping generalization though, one that only appears... to be more correct in light of what Jesus said to the false Jews in Matthew 23. But still, not all the Pharisees were false Jew foreigners that had crept in among Judah as scribes and priests.

The Hebrew scholar Gamaliel who was a Pharisee and doctor of law, was Apostle Paul's teacher before Christ converted Paul (Acts 22:3). Per Acts 5, Gamaliel defended the Apostles' rights, even saying to leave them alone, because if their work was false it would soon end, but if from God then no one could stop it.

Then there was Nicodemus, a Pharisee, who sought understanding from our Lord Jesus per John 3. Nicodemus also brought spices for Christ's burial (John 19:39). Nicodemus also defended Christ's rights in the law, which caused his other Pharisee brethren to question his loyalty (John 7:50-52).

And when Jesus was delivered up, it was the chief priests, scribes, and elders that persuaded the people to have Jesus crucified. So there's that old crowd heckling used to foment revolution among the people, the same way the communists today work among deceived peoples.

Even Peter at the time denied our Lord Jesus 3 times, which placed himself where in relation to those Pharisees like Nicodemus who no doubt had NO part in Christ's crucifixion? Peter's denial was about the fulfillment of the OT prophecy of the sheep being scattered on that day, no doubt for their protection in order to preach The Gospel later (Zech.13:7 and Matt.26:31-32). Thus not ALL the Jews had a hand in Christ's crucifixion, so such generalizations do not work.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
That's still a wide-sweeping generalization though, one that only appears... to be more correct in light of what Jesus said to the false Jews in Matthew 23. But still, not all the Pharisees were false Jew foreigners that had crept in among Judah as scribes and priests.

The Hebrew scholar Gamaliel who was a Pharisee and doctor of law, was Apostle Paul's teacher before Christ converted Paul (Acts 22:3). Per Acts 5, Gamaliel defended the Apostles' rights, even saying to leave them alone, because if their work was false it would soon end, but if from God then no one could stop it.

Then there was Nicodemus, a Pharisee, who sought understanding from our Lord Jesus per John 3. Nicodemus also brought spices for Christ's burial (John 19:39). Nicodemus also defended Christ's rights in the law, which caused his other Pharisee brethren to question his loyalty (John 7:50-52).

And when Jesus was delivered up, it was the chief priests, scribes, and elders that persuaded the people to have Jesus crucified. So there's that old crowd heckling used to foment revolution among the people, the same way the communists today work among deceived peoples.

Even Peter at the time denied our Lord Jesus 3 times, which placed himself where in relation to those Pharisees like Nicodemus who no doubt had NO part in Christ's crucifixion? Peter's denial was about the fulfillment of the OT prophecy of the sheep being scattered on that day, no doubt for their protection in order to preach The Gospel later (Zech.13:7 and Matt.26:31-32). Thus not ALL the Jews had a hand in Christ's crucifixion, so such generalizations do not work.

it was in fact only a rabble recruited by the religious leaders that called for His crucifixion - the day before the jews in general greeted Him with palms and hosannas and would have made Him King and this was what annoyed Pontius Pilate etc - winc

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
it was in fact only a rabble recruited by the religious leaders that called for His crucifixion - the day before the jews in general greeted Him with palms and hosannas and would have made Him King and this was what annoyed Pontius Pilate etc - winc
Where is it written that Pilate was annoyed?
I think he was more annoyed by the fact that a innocent man was being railroaded to satisfy a group of power hungry men.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
According to Acts 2:23, God fearing Jews with the help of Gentiles.

"this Jesus, delivered up according to the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you, at the hands of those outside the law, executed by nailing him to a cross"

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Jesus showed who the blood guilt would be upon, it's those who killed the prophets (Matt.23).

The crazy doctrine that everyone that has ever sinned is guilty of crucifiying Christ upon the cross is a doctrine of men, and it's a stupid doctrine of men that's been pushed among some Churches today to play on people's 'emotions'.

My mistake.

I went off topic and out of context regarding the original question

I was indicating that because of sin in all of us it was required that Jesus be crucified .

I did not mean we did the actual nailing.

According to Acts 2:23, God fearing Jews with the help of Gentiles.

"this Jesus, delivered up according to the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you, at the hands of those outside the law, executed by nailing him to a cross"

had never really paid attention to that passage before ..... thanks.

I notice the Jewish bible says "those not bound by the torah" (gentiles) (those outside the law) etc.
[sup]3 [/sup]This man was arrested in accordance with God’s predetermined plan and foreknowledge; and, through the agency of persons not bound by the Torah, you nailed him up on a stake and killed him!

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
had never really paid attention to that passage before ..... thanks.

I notice the Jewish bible says "those not bound by the torah" (gentiles) (those outside the law) etc.
[sup]3 [/sup]This man was arrested in accordance with God’s predetermined plan and foreknowledge; and, through the agency of persons not bound by the Torah, you nailed him up on a stake and killed him!

Yes, some use the actual word Gentiles. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts%202:23&version=NIV;MOUNCE;NASB;HCSB;PHILLIPS

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Every one who, did not, does not and will not believe Him (and do what He taught) nailed him to the cross. Every one of the body of satan crucified Him. From the beginning of creation to it's end. None of them are more or less guilty than the other. Every one of them held the nails and the hammer.

Only to those who are searching for an out to doing the will of God. There is no out and the final truth is that Life eternal was created for the doers. It will be easier when there is no other choice. The rest who died in their sins believing the lies of devils are lost for eternity

Very soon everyone will be forced to get all the way on one side or the other. When the supply and support is taken away and the only ways to survive is by faith or abomination the separation of the wheat and tares will be finished. Those who choose the abomination of eating their sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, for the sake of their flesh will be sealed to destruction while those who finally choose faith by following Christ's example will be sealed by God.

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
Only to those who are searching for an out to doing the will of God. There is no out and the final truth is that Life eternal was created for the doers. It will be easier when there is no other choice. The rest who died in their sins believing the lies of devils are lost for eternity

Very soon everyone will be forced to get all the way on one side or the other. When the supply and support is taken away and the only ways to survive is by faith or abomination the separation of the wheat and tares will be finished. Those who choose the abomination of eating their sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, for the sake of their flesh will be sealed to destruction while those who finally choose faith by following Christ's example will be sealed by God.
That is exactly how I believed too, when I was a milk babe.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
That is exactly how I believed too, when I was a milk babe.

Nonsense. You don't have a clue what I am talking about.

What do you know about the milk of the word if you are still feeding at the breasts of the beast. naturally the beast will dictate to you the proper gospel to continue.

Isreal

Apr 8, 2012
Nonsense. You don't have a clue what I am talking about.

What do you know about the milk of the word if you are still feeding at the breasts of the beast. naturally the beast will dictate to you the proper gospel to continue.
Assume much?

I apologize for stirring you to anger.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
Assume much?

I apologize for stirring you to anger.

I do not apologize for stirring you to anger with the truth to begin with. Assume nothing. I get the same reaction from the religious folk when their sick and crippled get healed in the street. Nothing has changed.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
You didn't stir me to anger. You are assuming again.

Your anger is evident by the response that you thought clever. As the Lord Lives I wrote the truth and in your anger against the truth you turn to heckle. Assume nothing.

25 It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household!

Tell me what is it that you Think you know about the milk of the word? What are the elementary principals of Christ?

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Your anger is evident by the response that you thought clever. As the Lord Lives I wrote the truth and in your anger against the truth you turn to heckle. Assume nothing.

25 It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household!

Tell me what is it that you Think you know about the milk of the word? What are the elementary principals of Christ?

How about trying to stay ON topic SOM and not deflect to another. Sounding sanctimonious does NOT help your case or your cause.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
His Father.

No, no, no. We musn't think that.

One of the matters we are supposed to learn from Old Testament Bible study is how 'evil' did not begin with God, even though He allows it for this present world time.

Our Heavenly Father allowed... His Son to be crucified, which was caused by servants of the devil; it was allowed so as to defeat death and the devil for us (Heb.2:14). This is why we should never accuse ourselves, nor our Heavenly Father for the evil in this world, nor the evil of those who caused Christ's crucifixion.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
No, no, no. We musn't think that.

One of the matters we are supposed to learn from Old Testament Bible study is how 'evil' did not begin with God, even though He allows it for this present world time.

Our Heavenly Father allowed... His Son to be crucified, which was caused by servants of the devil; it was allowed so as to defeat death and the devil for us (Heb.2:14). This is why we should never accuse ourselves, nor our Heavenly Father for the evil in this world, nor the evil of those who caused Christ's crucifixion.

We disagree, it was Father's plan and will from the beginning.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi veteran,

Let me apologise in advance for asking you to consider this - if the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world, who was the High Priest?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
How about trying to stay ON topic SOM and not deflect to another. Sounding sanctimonious does NOT help your case or your cause.

My case and my cause are already won. The Lord God almighty looses nothing because there is no one to annul His will. do you even realize that with your post which is not on topic you have succumbed to being a hypocrite?