Who really killed Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Was it the unbelieving Jews whom had drifted so far from the Truth that they didn't recognize the Word when he appeared to them in flesh, that men try to accuse for a reason to hate them?

Was it the Gentiles whom hate the Word of God and want him dead because they like their evil deeds?

Was it the kings of the earth who were in unbelief thinking they could thwart the hand of God to keep their reign in tact if they killed the KING OF KINGS and LORD OF LORDS Son who is heir to the throne?

Or was it all set up by the Father in agreement with His Son who, for our sakes, wanted to forsake His Word to die so as to release us from all the added 613 laws due to transgression of the 10 foundational commandments and resurrect His New Covenant Word on the 3rd day leaving those written ordinances that were agaist us nailed to the cross. And knew the hearts of wicked men that had a heart to nail His Son to the cross and He wanted them to hang them ownselves by their own admittion?

The Bible says it was all of the above, so that all of the ungodly world would be found guilty, so that He could have mercy on all who would repent and turn from their sinful ways . God will never make someone harm another individual nor do anything out of character, but He will use one that has a heart to, for His purposes, yet Woe to them for having such a heart.

Acts 4:26-28
26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers WERE gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, WERE gathered together,
28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
KJV

The fact that it say WERE gathered together tells us that God brought it to pass, for He wrote the Book and His Word does not return void. He does not tell the future as some call it, He SPEAKS the future and His Word brings forth the manifestion of the thing He commands to be.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Jesus said,
17 “The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.18 No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”

John 10:17-18 (NLT)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
None of us here killed our Lord Jesus. That's an idea right out of Satan's textbook of tricks.

Nor did our Heavenly Father kill His Own Son, for we are clearly shown the devil's hand in our Lord's deliverance and crucifxion through Judas whom Christ Himself called "a devil" (John 6:70).

In Hebrews 2...

Heb 2:14-15
14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
(KJV)

So I don't know who the OP is listening to with such ideas, but such ideas are not from our Heavenly Father, nor within His Word.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Sorry to use scripture against you but, "[Jesus] himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness." (I Peter 2:24a, NIV)

And stop calling everything "of satan" that you disagree with, it makes you look small and petty, just like satan himself.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
BiggAndyy said:
Sorry to use scripture against you but, "[Jesus] himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness." (I Peter 2:24a, NIV)

And stop calling everything "of satan" that you disagree with, it makes you look small and petty, just like satan himself.
Everything not of our Lord is... of Satan. And it's going to perish with him, along with those truly responsible for piercing our Lord Jesus upon the cross that refuse to repent.

In Galatians, Apostle Paul treats his relationship to Christ's crucifixion completely opposite of the idea pushed on this thread. Paul says he is crucified with... Christ, by Whom the world is crucified unto him, and he unto the world. That's a different idea than going around saying we who believe crucified Christ, even though it's nothing more than a pop expression making rounds in some churches today.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Christ was sacrificed for the redemption of sin, and since we are all sinners, he died for us. But we did not kill Jesus, his death defeated sin, so that those who believe in him might have life. His followers did not crucify him, it was those who rejected him that cried for his crucifixion.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually its not true. no one killed Jesus. He gave up His Life for us.

Mat 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Jesus could of remained there forever if He chose, He could of at any time, simply stepped off the cross,but He chose to give up His spirit for our sake. Its a pity that so many christians keep Him there.

In All His Love

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi all,

Let me draw your attention to more of the Biblical record. This is how we begin to understand that God took responsibility for the whole of mankind's sin through the death of His Son, who willingly gave His life for us.

First of all, there should have been only one High Priest according to 'the law', but there were two. That in itself is fishy.

Luke 3:2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

John 18:13 And led him away to Annas first; for he was father in law to Caiaphas, which was the high priest that same year.

Additionally - and I'm not quite sure what the historical evidence is for accepting that Annas and Caiphas were Edomites (descendants of Esau, not Jacob/Israel) - but if that is true, then their role in the false trial by which Jesus was sent to Pilate, removes the Jews slightly. However, the Jews were prepared to declare 'We have no king but Caesar!' as well as 'Crucify!' in this way very clearly aligning themselves with the 'Gentile' agenda.

However, one of the reasons the Jews had to work so hard to gain Roman co-operation, was that under Roman law they were not allowed to exercise their own religious rules for killing law-breakers, so they (the Jews) were entirely dependent on swinging an aspect of Roman law to achieve it.

Also notice that the name 'Barabbas' (who was set free instead of Jesus) means 'son of the father'. In his release was summed up God's intention to die in the place of every murderer who had/will ever live, so... the question 'who killed Jesus', could be irrelevant, since God took care of that, too.

Now think about this: Paul goes to some length to point out that Abraham was 'uncircumcised' when God called him and he believed God (Romans 4:9, 10) and through Abraham, ALL the nations of the earth were to be 'blessed', Galatians 3:14, 26, 27, 28, 29.

So... do we believe that Jesus the Son of God, the word made flesh, 'that Prophet' whom Moses prophesied would come, could prophesy accurately by whom He would be 'killed'?

I think we have to accept His word, and understand that the Jews, however instrumental and circumcised, were acting like Gentiles, Romans 2:25, and yet it was through them that the Messiah had come to be Saviour of the world Luke 2:10.

Matthew 20:19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Mark 10:33 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles: 34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 18: 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

John 2:18Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things? 19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Do we have any idea to which scripture (singular) John was referring? This is a serious question from me. Any ideas?

John 19:33 But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs: 34 But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water. 35 And he that saw it bare record, and his record is true: and he knoweth that he saith true, that ye might believe. 36 For these things were done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall not be broken. 37 And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

As I understand John's interpretation, the prophecy to which he refers here, Zech 12:10, cannot be limited to 'the Jews'. Note also, that the picture of mourning for an only son is always described as 'bitter'. This prophecy, though, coming after the exile to Babylon, cannot but refer to an event that had not yet happened.

Having explained that Jesus was crucified 'by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God' (not 'by God'), and resurrected, Peter summarises the whole event for his entirely international Jewish listeners:

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart....

The Greek word translated 'pricked' is very strong. It means something closer to stabbed (in the heart), which goes well with 'bitter' and 'mourning'. In the OT, many references to mourning are a reference to a right heart attitude towards sin,

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
I killed Jesus.
Yep. Me too! In fact I killed Him yesterday, I had a thought about someone that was, let's say, much less than kind. Forgiveness for that required me asking God to apply the sacrifice of Christ to pay for that sin.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
How about some Scriptures to think about?

Act_2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Act_3:18 But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.

Act_4:27-28 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.

John_10:18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Isa_53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

2Co_5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Eph_5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

1Jn_3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Eph_5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Heb_9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.
Act 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
Act 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

From these scriptures, what does the Word of God tell you?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
These are the ones responsible for having Christ Jesus crucified, as Jesus Himself pointed directly... to them:

Matt 23:29-36
29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
(KJV)

Jesus is talking about a certain people that were ordained to that condemnation. Those who take time to truly study their Bible in-depth may learn about that, for it is written.

So I myself, and for the benefit of my true Christian brethren, laugh... in the face of those false ones who try to teach those of Christ's Church are responsible for His crucifixion.

SilenceInMotion

Dec 10, 2012
Virginia, USA
It's all too obvious who killed Jesus. It's just too bad we live in an age of racial paranoia where people can't admit the truth.

It's funny to- put it on the western white folk: blame Pilate rather then the Jews who captured him and demanded he be persecuted lest they caused an uprising. That's how the world works today, I don't know if you've noticed.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
What's worse is how so many brethren can be so easily duped into believing such an idea that Satan's workers have come up with in the first place, and no doubt passed down within the Churches. Yet Apostle Paul had to contend with the same low-lifes who spread such lies in the early Church too. Things have not changed that much since then.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how easy it is to blame. it is such a post-fall human trait.......'Eve made me do it' cried Adam; 'the serpent made me do it!' cried Eve......

Only God has the power to lay down His life for us. Yes His heart (Jesus) was broken on the cross in response to our betrayal, but no one can force anyone, let alone God, to react against their will.

I have been hurt and betrayed before and i am responsible for my responses to the hardship.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
aspen2 said:
how easy it is to blame. it is such a post-fall human trait.......'Eve made me do it' cried Adam; 'the serpent made me do it!' cried Eve......

Only God has the power to lay down His life for us. Yes His heart (Jesus) was broken on the cross in response to our betrayal, but no one can force anyone, let alone God, to react against their will.

I have been hurt and betrayed before and i am responsible for my responses to the hardship.
Yes, the heart of fallen man is blame-shifting.